THE EU DECLARED WAR ON US

Memes 'will be banned' under new EU copyright law, warn campaigners

Digital rights campaigners are warning that the law could lead to the destruction of the internet as we know it. A new copyright law from the European Union would lead to the banning of memes on the internet, campaigners are warning.

The EU Copyright Directive intends to protect the intellectual property rights of people who upload their material to the internet.

However, campaigners are warning the law will require "all content uploaded to the internet to be monitored and potentially deleted if a likeness to existing copyright is protected".
The campaign against a particular provision of the directive, Article 13, warns that online platforms would be economically damaged if they were forced to comply with its expensive obligations.
The law would "destroy the internet as we know it" warn the campaigners, who add it would "allow big companies to control what we see and do online".
Essentially, the campaigners are arguing the stringent copyright protections of Article 13 would damage the sharing of parody content and memes which, while themselves being original and creative works, are often developed from other people's original content.
Memes including image macros - such as the stock photograph of a distracted boyfriend taken by photographer Antonio Guillem - are often shared without the approval of the copyright holder.

The campaign follows an open letter sent by academics from intellectual property research centres in Europe regarding the copyright directive.

The allegations have been robustly rejected by the European Commission.
Introducing the legislative drive in 2016, European Commission president Jean-Claude Juncker said he wanted "journalists, publishers and authors to be paid fairly for their work".
The copyright protections would apply to that work "whether it is made in studios or living rooms, whether it is disseminated offline or online, whether it is published via a copying machine or commercially hyperlinked on the web."
In response to the campaign, a European Commission spokesperson told Sky News: "The idea behind our copyright proposals is that people should be able to make a living from their creative ideas.
"The proposals to modernise EU copyright provisions will not harm freedom of expression on the internet.
"They take into account technological developments that have already been introduced by some of the major players and which help in two ways.

archive.fo/un22u

Attached: 1465886275964.jpg (575x523, 77.15K)

This will backfire

Attached: 9dee551a92801a1fcc152255654d7cf25ac78b3412cff52bf42683e3e934f48d.jpg (800x500, 221.67K)

friendly reminder that the EU is 100% kikery

Attached: eu-millions-of-migrants.jpg (1168x1017 1.62 MB, 171K)

Not concerned, even if it goes through that's nigh-impossible to implement and would require a total restructuring of ISPs and how many websites process data in the first place. Most major websites are not hosted in the EU and aren't beholden to their laws regardless.

This is to suppress politicians that go against what they want. During Trumps campaign memes where a big part of his momentum. All the anti-Trump people (everyone in entertainment) would start suing people tweeting Trump memes, essentially killing it in its tracks. Maybe even Trump himself since he retweeted pepe once.

YOU WOULDN'T DOWNLOAD A MEME

You forget that this is for the EU, not the USA.

Attached: orly.jpg (438x400, 30.66K)

I'm glad they are finally pushing this argument too far.

"We're all out of money for gibs and we need to tax OC makers. Oh and the air you breathe later."
YARLY.

Attached: Ya_rly.jpg (438x400, 40.11K)

Unless I'm missing something here.

Oh please, I hope they ban memes.

TRUMP IS A FUCKING KIKE AND IF YOU LIKE HIM YOU NEED TO GO BACK TO r/the_ZOGnald REDDIT CANCER

'and over your meme loicense lad.

Attached: 1513288493397.jpg (600x719, 86.35K)

This is purely censorship. The 'muh small creatives' is an excuse, just like with every other form of intellectual property law.

Doesn't really bother me, 8gag Pol stopped making memes a long time ago.
Cuckchan is probably fucked tho.

Come on make it (2) I dare you, shill.

fag

Disgraceful. Leave.

You stick around for the amazing insight? This board is a fucking joke.

Attached: giphy.gif (500x295, 985.37K)

Here's your (You) now you're filtered, cuck.

yeah i really wonder about enforcement, i mean like the fast and efficient way they stopped the pirate bay from operating
european courts are also not very happy about bringing frivolous lawsuits

so this is probably both a next hit in the eu-usa tradewar by targetting big american companies like kikebook and a way to spread non kosher political parties as i can see that only political content is going to be censored
just like the gdpr thing enforcement and compliance is a joke

yeah nah glorified news aggregator board filled with redditors is totally eBIN :DDDDdd

This is just another angle to censor the internet. You won't be imprisoned for posting a screenshot of a movie on Reddit, but you will be if your (((problematic))) YT video has copyrighted music and/or footage. They can also push the anti-capitalism/pro-Communism agenda with this as well, similar to what they did with Net Neutrality.

Originated on cuckchan
Again, originated on cuckchan
Mostly cuckchan again.
You 8gag niggers always try to pass cuckchans ops and memes as your own.

It's good, this is the best promotion for anonymous and privacy-oriented internet platforms we could have asked for.

Side benefit is that the low-IQ retards, Shareblues, Obamaphone-carrying shills, (((University))) students, and the like won't be able to get online and shill like they are now.

This, and they are going to use small time photographers as an excuse.

too obvious /intl/ filtered weak derailment attempt. better VPN hop

If you have such an erection for cuckchan, please go back and stay there.

Underrated.

Its not my fault cuckchan has the numbers and OC makers to do all the heavy lifting while 8gag throws up a single thread that doesn't even hit bump limit then congradulates themself.

Who owns the copyright on this image?

Attached: merchant.png (782x670, 531.08K)

Again, kamphy banned the OC makers. nu/pol/ was a fucking joke and now that is over and we can meme again.

And now that is being threatened by the EU.

Schlomo Goldberg

Idk about 8/pol/, but I know 8/v/ caught cuck/v/ stealing their memes on multiple occasions.

Its just someone trying to shit up the thread because this has major backlash potential.

Mmmhmm

Better than stealing glory my 8gag friend.

It doesn't matter if this is real. What matters is this is hilarious.

The way to fix this is to:
1. Keep copyrights and patents but merge the system into one and allow free access to view and add original works to it. Maybe a public crypto ledger.
2. Adjust the defenition of "protection" so that only works being passed off as the author's and/or for sale are protectable.
3. Classify everything else as "artistic interpretation".

Only then can we have a reasonable discussion about "potential loss".

Why not just completely eliminate the ability of the government to get involved in virtuals and printed physables? This way, they are a moot point. Sort of like the regulations of the Bank of Zimbabwe.

Going full China on information flow is political suicide bordering on ostracization and that's not even approaching that there's no practical, economical or really viable way to enforce such a thing, or at least not to the sheer scale the OP article is pushing for.

Don't look too close here, this place claims it invented "soyboy" when it's a cuck/tv/ invention.

Pretty much this, and remember tons of sites on the internet have already changed their TOS in accordance to new EU laws. Expect wide overreach on global 'services' like faceberg because sites have to comply with the EU law.
If (((the EU))) is denying it will happen then it's a sure thing they're planning. They've done their damnest to try to censor news and content inside the EU and have always tried to come up with loopholes to supercede the US laws around the internet like Onigger handing over ICANN.

I could definitely get behind redefining what constitutes appropriate copy protection. Right now copy protection is 'sue everyone while reaping your benefits.'
Copyright and patents need to be severely limited as well. Not sure how well maintaining a blockchian ledger would work.

Attached: DGRV4RVU0AEYGDF.jpg (682x1024, 74.12K)

Because the "government" is suppposed to be the people, not a group representing the people. So, in this case, the people of the world would create a public system that manages individual (private) claims to creative works.

Enforcement would also be private but use the people's court system.
Otherwise you have the wild west of "ownership" and some I.N.C.E.L. terrorist might hunt you down.

Kinda like it does now; you would point to a work and timestamp and boom, you win.

That means we won. The fact that "memes" are mentioned at all means memes just defeated that piece of shit law.

Furthermore, there has been ZERO scientific evidence to prove that Copyright or Patents are beneficial to promoting the arts – Which is the purpose for their existence.

SHAME on Every Scientist and Engineer who uses the scientific method to make advancements only to REFUSE applying the same to the systems that govern spread of information and ideas! It's time we ABOLISH Patent and Copyright Law and SEE if they are beneficial or harmful! What if these laws are holding us back?!

You are Made of Trillions of COPIES OF A SINGLE CELL!
LIFE could not exist without copying!
Restricting copying is against human nature – against LIFE ITSELF – rule by laws against human nature is the very definition of tyranny.

What scientist would agree to run the world of discovery and information according to Laws that HAVE NOT BEEN TESTED ACCORDING TO THE SCIENTIFIC METHOD! What engineer would enslave ideas and innovation to a process which HAS NOT BEEN PROVEN BENEFICIAL?! It's not like we can't re-enact whatever shit laws we want later. Without doing so we have no data to demonstrate the benefit or harm of said laws. It would be incredibly dangerous NOT to abolish Copyrights and Patents for a time to measure their usefulness to our new socioeconomic environment.

Now, re-read the above and realize why declaring war on meme wizards is a very, very bad idea…

Attached: 0d1.jpg (680x361, 34.82K)

See you bros in Meme prison. Hope they built some new ones, because they will be overflowing due to my fresh pepes.

Attached: kek pepe behind this post.jpg (691x435 205.33 KB, 11.62K)

These memes are nearly retro

Attached: roflcopter.gif (235x150, 1.28K)

REEEEEEEEEEE

I mean, let us, by our own shrewdness, define, invent, give birth to the the cyber world. Rather than communist "alternative structures" let us form the "ghost society" it being more solid, more beautiful, more wise, more magnificent than any before it.

This begins with open source VR.

Impossible to enforce, some leftard came up with this.

The only thing juncker of the eu knows shit about is drinking on the job. Let alone what a hyperlink is, he's too drunk to even comprehend the most simple of information besides bribes and getting drunk.

Timmermans isn't a kike, just the greatest goy cattle you've ever seen. He's like a Juncker that doesn't get drunk but is equally retarded anyway. Schulz is a kike, not sure about the other 3.

a wyatt mann

Ben Garrison :^)

Please go back to your crappy blacked threads on 4pol.

Attached: stateof4pol.png (1832x956, 1.23M)

The EU will lose.

This law would also take down most normie sites. I bet it will never pass.

The fools. This will only make them spicier.

Attached: 9a2ecbc43faebe297c0826d3d300b6c1487d6c054fdf8314ba87e53f425edb76.jpg (720x718, 56.44K)

>The idea behind our copyright proposals is that (((people))) should be able to make a living from your creative ideas
You own nothing goyim.

They dont have to enforce it when no one will fight back against it, just like the lesser chinks.

oi vey

What?

Attached: Kalergi (NeuroFashVol1_first5).mp4 (417x611, 10.81M)

Let the faggots make their laws, I've been pirating software for 30 years.

It's show time

Attached: 1522360457152.png (1034x836 437.99 KB, 296.35K)

Cuckchan meme.

Your cakejew has no power here.

I really don't give a fuck. I'm not stopping because some shitskin jew in the (((EU))) says no.

Attached: Whack A Kike.gif (400x218, 445.91K)

Attached: Keking like there's no tomorrow.gif (384x216, 2.36M)

Fuck off you jew cunt.

Attached: No Power Here.gif (640x258, 3.33M)

Attached: Spice of Life.jpg (200x251, 15.8K)

Whoops left muh sage on.

Attached: BUMP.png (610x284, 331.26K)

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (491x404, 294.51K)

WOULD YOU DOWNLOAD SHEKELS

Attached: Don't Leave Temple Without It.jpg (234x213, 28.16K)

Ergo, we should be able to purchase the goyim's creative ideas with money we conjure out of thin air then sell it back to them and punish anyone who tries to escape this cycle.

I made this as an image simple enough for neurotypicals to understand, but specific enough to get the general message across. Thoughts?

Attached: europeanunion007.png (2292x1250, 424.34K)

From my cold, dead hard drive you sons of bitches.

Attached: 6f3c3504cafd376994f3bd5305e9a29b9a42e81d107f21b9810a882c6be3ad97.png (1171x900 47.27 KB, 429.57K)

Banning memes is tantamount to banning all propagating information from the internet. They seem to forget that any repetitive piece of information spread among a population can be classified as a meme. Advertising/propaganda would fall under this category too because it relies on its own type of memes to spread (even if those who work in this industry don't realize it yet). This would make the internet almost inoperable within EU jurisdiction and I can just imagine the abuse that will take place with this law.

As a burger I am unfamiliar with a lot of EU and general euro country (individually) laws regarding satire. Do they have any protections for satire? Pretty sure France is big on shitposting and the like. They can get away with drawing cartoons insulting their most holy of holy prophets (besides the return peace pipe offering for doing so) legally so at what point does the (((copyright))) come into play? When a kike gets his tzitzit in a twist?

Attached: jam6LOg[1].png (1767x1257, 3.16M)

That highpoint needs to be a desert rat…er eagle.

Judging how A I Pajeet passed shit in burgerland, I have little hope in this being removed.

The thing about the internet is that those autists weren't dicking around when the engineering principles behind it were first being developed. I think they saw a lot of this coming because even the great firewall of china can be completely bypassed with a VPN.
I'm fine with the EU doing this because it would lead more people to technologies that make the internet functionally uncensorable except in places that are north korea tier.

Again, the EU is run by literal cave people who think the internet is some sort of magical voodoo they can control with laws. There is not a single person working in Brussels that understands any of the technical shit. They can make all the laws they want, they can't enforce them.

"without our memes the entire culture is lost"

- white citizens of EU

you guys are a fukcing joke that memes are last ditch effort.

Just let Britan and EU die in its own puke

Damn I wish I could have visited Paris during the 60s / 70s

And to think that Americans died in the cause of freeing those stupid motherfuckers from tyranny make me want to puke.

Lots of people on this board seem to think that this is about money and the collection thereof, it is about machine AI auto-take downs of all images, the control of the flow of information.

Got a picture of (for example) Hillary and Huma sacrificing a small child? Did you take that picture, user (i.e. were you there)? No, then you don't own the copyright and we'll strike down all copies of this picture on the known web. Literally Chinese tier censorship. We knew it was coming but the speed of implementation is frightening.

We need to publicise what it is like to live in places like China to raise awareness of the Normies before it is too late.

The Chan's use of memes to elect Trump and subvert their intentions is not something that they wish to allow to continue. Even if we hide away on some part of the dark web to post our dank memies, if they cannot spread to normieweb then (((they))) have done their job well.

So? Draw your own shit and stop being a leech that puts a text over some le funny overused image.

it was always too late.

Kek

of course (((they))) wouldn't want anything getting in the way of the ethnic cleansing of their greatest enemy being whites and their beautiful with children.

so fed up with europe cucks although Italy,Hungary,Poland and maybe a few more ain't having it.If the rat jew didn't have control over central banks and hold fiduciary threat over them you wouldn't see so much cuck tier BS

end the jew,no centralized banks then what? they all run to israel as no financial power or holocaust guilt fuckery.they are done.

EU =/= Europe. You're looking at another Soviet Union.

I really fucking hate you guys, four days trying to rally up support to try and send mails to euroskeptic MEPs and no one even cared enough to respond to them.

Copyright was a mistake.

You're a nigger. What the fuck are you doing trying to drum up support here? You don't get it, so fuck off.

Another retarded mutt.
You were friends with commies back then, idiot.

Attached: 18536edd40434954b52cb6118e5db3a3094eff23899edb21f7f1b08d7f378553.jpg (448x640 291.58 KB, 107.61K)