(((They))) Are Going After Our Archive Services

They Are Going After Our Archive Services

In a large-scale analysis, researchers at the University of Alabama at Birmingham, Cyprus University of Technology and University College London reveal fringe communities within Reddit and 4chan push the use of URLs from archive services to avoid censorship and undercut advertising revenue of new sources with contrasting ideologies. "Web archiving services play an increasingly important role in today's information ecosystem by preserving online content," said Jeremy Blackburn, Ph.D., assistant professor of computer science in the UAB College of Arts and Sciences. "News and social media posts have been found to be the most common types of content archived. URLs of archiving services are extensively shared on 'fringe' communities within Reddit and 4chan to preserve possibly contentious content."

techxplore.com/news/2018-06-reveals-misuse-archive-fringe-web.html

archive.fo/HCIT5#selection-97.0-113.206

twitter.com/jhblackb

Attached: Firefox_Screenshot_2018-07-03T19-33-48.018Z.png (620x528, 259.5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/1iMXF
amp.reddit.com/r/ipfs/comments/8o96yg/ipfs_on_android/
github.com/ipfs/in-web-browsers
github.com/ligi/IPFSDroid
github.com/bostrot/DTubeViewer
theintercept.com/2014/10/10/core-secrets/
archive.fo/5Sndb
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

"For example, we observed that 'The Donald' subreddit systematically targets ad revenue of news sources with conflicting ideologies," Blackburn said. "Moderation bots block URLs from those sites and prompt users to post archived URLs. According to our conservative estimates, popular news site like the Washington Post lose approximately $70,000 worth of ad revenue annually due to the use of archiving services on Reddit."

"These findings highlight the importance of archiving services in the web's information and ad ecosystems, the need to carefully consider them when studying social media and when designing systems to detect and contain the cascade of misinformation on the web," Blackburn said.

Attached: memes production chart.jpg (1044x826, 221.83K)

so this means we need a blockchain archiving service? how about an archiver that uses ipfs ?

70 grand? That's nothing. The Post is owned by Bezos, anyway. It's not supposed to make money, just disseminate news favorable to other interests that do make money or will at some point.

I haven't been able to load an archive link for weeks.

This is what we are up against… a bunch of phone posters.

Attached: Firefox_Screenshot_2018-07-03T19-42-19.985Z.png (609x508, 470.48K)

Me too. Archive.is works for me if I use Tor though. Strange.

oh no what will those poor billionaire investors do without their marginal 0.01% share of the lost $70,000 this year Q.Q

How many fingers am I holding up, Winston?

Three, four, whatever you say!

Kek.

>(((Study))) reveals misuse of archive services by fringe communities on the web.

Merchants are taking a hit.

Attached: Schlomortified.jpg (782x782, 151.91K)

Remember this one from Vice after the election.

Attached: vice remove archive functions.jpg (640x452, 85.82K)

The greatest minds Zion has to offer have attempted to shut this hateful meme down with no results.

Attached: buzoT9F.jpg (571x774, 56.13K)

OY GEWALT, SHUT IT DOWN

Attached: DyuBVRRMdeoKFI9ctcLzr9u0eBvv4j52U8zthM4DTIM.jpg (986x696, 193.27K)

They are working for Netflix now too.

Attached: Netflix censors.jpg (739x586, 148.1K)

Remind me why we haven't roast beefed these kikes yet?

How the fuck do you "misuse" an archive service?

The horror.

This is some straight up buzzword bingo shit
holy moly

Attached: 035d155b089c7baee629b5a9f41e4f72c1b8d3601318f04ddcd9925f4bfe414c.gif (800x523, 76.8K)

also from the overhead image

Pfft, discrediting them with retarded shit they say, and then change. Hence the archives, these people are so fucked in the head, I swear…

Do they genuinely think they can get around us archiving their signal boosting propaganda? Most people trust anons more than media - so we could always play and win the screen cap game.

Wow, Article 11 and 13 haven't even become law yet and they're already getting ready to shut down archive sites with it.

If this happens, fuck it, we make personal archiving tools. They can maybe ipban archive services, but they can't ipban millions of users taking turns archiving their shit.

Short version: kikes, the lovers of money and haters of wisdom, are bent over losing ad revenue.

8^)

It worked. Of course, it couldn't continue forever, but we'll have other ways, we'll adapt.

They are going into full crisis mode. I wouldn't be surprised if the meme ban set off a civil war as most of use are only pacified by our shitposting access.

Cut off the access and we have nothing left to lose.

How the fuck are these people employed as journalists?

user, journalist is just their official title. Unofficially, they're actually propagandists.

another study

archive.is/1iMXF

Attached: Firefox_Screenshot_2018-07-03T20-17-14.892Z.png (700x1035, 50.56K)

This is interesting. I believe it relates to CabaList:

, where the kikes crouch down and plot their thieving schemes (ads are a means of stealing from the public, who rightfully may expect information, and which should proceed not from the kikes as rent-farmers now truth-farmers, but from the ones who actually make the news).

Doubtless they schemed it and launched it simultaneously from there, from CabaList.

Checked. It's amazing how much more aware of real things, past and present, pol is. Reddit is a transitional phase, toward awakening.

Protecting ad revenue of the truth-farmers is defending the universe against imaginary adolf hitler, goyim!

My favorite part is

Screenshot an entire webpage.png
rar it and hide it in an image
???
Profit

But seriously, you can hide zip/rar files in png files, and post them, what looks like a normal swastika picture contains a huge screenshot of a webpage when opened in WinRAR.

What do you think is the real situation?

1. NSA-CIA-kikes can't easily track pol & other right-wingers
2. Or can't easily track some other group
3. Or is losing a measurable amount of revenue
4. Or fear they might at some point start losing revenue

I can't think of any other explanations, at the moment…

If they really want to fuck with us, we can start using the way back machine..
I would like to see them do something about that, fucking kikes..

All these studies are for training AI censors, and then later, AI bots to shipost for the Jews.

They will just sue those sites for copy-writing infringement and make them purge their entire archive.

They can't memory hole an archived site, so they're using the
Excuse

heh. historical preservation is a 'cascade of misinformation'?
Seems like that would only be a problem for """people""" who publish lies.

Doubt.jpg

I use an anti-anti-adblocker greasemonkey script so these kikes don't get a cent of revenue. ouYou should too.

more likely: seize the servers.

The point of archive sites is there's the means of authenticating the text. Since websites don't use GPG or whatever to sign their posts, the only way to sort of prove it's authentic is through some service that's unlikely to be involved in falsifying stories.

And this is something we don't yet have an alternative for, so far as I can tell. I can upload "totally legit screenshot.png", which is totally legit, pic related, and there's no real way to tell if it is real or not, without visiting the site…

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1038x575, 405.07K)

Guess it's time to start carving redpills into stone tablets.

And there you go. It's not about ads. It's about the kikes, and CabaList -

- tracking you.

8^)

and this site shares ips with CabaList, I suspect…

Remember Drumpf? That was actually a significant moment in political history:
1. Bots were used to troll unilaterally on kike-twitter
2. Kikes of the media supported such trolling

Imagine that, in our time! We literally are at war with kike-terminator.

plz the assclowns couldn't even get snowdens emails

spbp

I've had something including of that envisioned for a while now user. Rest assured, I'll inform you all of any substantial progress we make on that front.

IPFS on Android:

amp.reddit.com/r/ipfs/comments/8o96yg/ipfs_on_android/

github.com/ipfs/in-web-browsers

github.com/ligi/IPFSDroid

github.com/bostrot/DTubeViewer

IPFS will be a better Archive within a couple years. and if the kikes try to Shut It Down, they'll have to attack the Blockchain itself, risking crashing Bitcoin, which is rapidly becoming too valuable to destroy because Bitcoin is the only hail mary to save the Federal Reserve's $20 trillion hole in the ground by restoring "Animal Spirits" which keep the whole fake economy going and which serves to soak up those trillions pouring out of The Fed's printing presses, preventing a run on the USD and the doubling of interest rates, which would instantly crash America like pulling tower 7.

btw if you use iPhone, you are the biggest censorship loving faggot for being so gullible to trust the biggest tax dodger in history–that Crapple's closed ecosystem isn't secretly selling all your shit to (((you know who))) and that Cupertino isn't just handing your fucking iCloud keys to NSAFBICIA niggers.

theintercept.com/2014/10/10/core-secrets/

besides the fact that Snowden revealed NSA CORESECRETS, where NSA places thousands of blue haired soy boy IT faggots into the staff of all the big tech companies to then just give NSA full access without needing to hack or steal shit.

and then there's the fact that Apple's VP of iCloud is the ex CTO of (((Gemalto))), and before that guess where he worked for 5 years? that's right, the dude at Apple with the keys to your iCloud kingdom is ex-NSA.

at least on Android you can compile your own stock AOSP and rip out all the Google spyware, if you choose to.

so the moment Archive.is goes down, dozens of clones using IPFS to store web pages forever on the blockchain will ramp up.

Attached: tumblr_o60bew0wj21qaz1hso1_500.png (638x359 8.28 KB, 17.95K)

Anyone else experiencing this?

More proof that 4cuck is just Reddit.

Attached: Phd in clickbait.png (1471x701, 221.33K)

no

What on earth are you doing paying jews to watch anything online?

How can you misuse an archive service?
Did you archive a webpage?
If yes, nothing to see here folks.

Your assertion doesn't follow.

I miss the days of Hitler and I never lived during that time.

We need to push people to use ad blockers. Normies would enjoy it because they don't have to sit through ads. It would help our cause by defunding businesses that are against us. Corporations like Google and Facebook make their money primarily from advertising. Ad blockers hurt their bottom line directly. Not only do they not make money from ads but they lose money due to the cost of maintaining the website. This is especially useful on sites that consume a lot of bandwidth. Those that are inclined can still unblock or donate to sites they like.

I guess our best bet is screen capping our desktops where the time stamp matches up to that of the article. Maybe there is some way of further authenticating that, I'm just spit balling here.

these people should all catch bullets

so we just screencap the entire page and post to image dumps
These faggots have no idea what they're up against

Easily doctored

Big deal, as if an individual can't download a web page and share it. As if screenshots don't exist. As if they could ever block all archive sites. They only wanted an excuse to make an anti right wing message.

doesn't matter
memes are all that matter
if you make everyone doubt their eyes then we win
we were born of chaos user
think about it

Bin that capture m88
No more dangerous subversive screenshots

Blockchain will deliver truth into the golden age, and it will be their final destructor before their fall into eternity. Cap this.

Attached: staypuft.jpeg (980x980, 43.23K)

Liberal-to-Human Translation: When someone who is not bluepilled liberal uses service for what it was meant for.

It didn't even work. There were other ways.

Took them four fucking years to catch up?

Well, good job but what is the purpose of this comment? A link would be nice.
I think it is best to encourage people to look for alternatives and not give the impression to people that the problem will be solved by some user.

yeah absolutely, but what we truly, desperately need is a blockchain-based voting system.

They're talking about here. Cuckchan is now all Boomer Wojacks wearing sunglasses and drinking Monster.

Snowden has already explained this. It's a needle-haystack problem. The NSA spent big on getting the haystack, but needles remain elusive…

Not gonna lie, they're pretty funny. It wasn't the direction I was expecting the brainlet memes to take.

Attached: Boomer USA (with audio).webm (1920x1080, 7.39M)

On the downside, we won't have proof of gems like archive.fo/5Sndb

Attached: the future of ai.png (1349x1415, 262.37K)

It's worth mentioning Cryptomator. It's broken right now on Ubuntu, but it's working on Windows, and you can buy it for Android & iOS. What's it do? It's per-file encryption that works with Google Drive & cloud storage services. Basically, it's not good enough for storing anything anybody else has a copy of, or will get a copy of (because the file size might give away the contents), but for private files, it's perfect. Ingenious, really. It's also open source.

I'd like to know a bit more about IPFS, from a practical perspective (the technical is baffling enough!) Questions include:

Checked. I particularly like
< avoid comments sections
You know, because those Nazi magic tricks will pollute your mind.

It's not impossible. You could play around with hashing methods to generate a signature that is not only unique to a website but could authenticate that a captured page actually came from that website. Doctoring the page would alter the hash in a way that fails the authentication.

I've literally never heard of this website before.
Are you sure this is (((them))) and not some random tech journo reporting on it?

Yahweh-dead are they retarded.

ads are archived. Advertisers will save the archiving sites I predict.

That's really not much for a company.

Do they allow any left wing archiving sites? Because I really want a tweet admitting that remembering stuff is white nationalist hatred.

Come on user. Don't play their game. Archiving websites have no political bias.

Bit-arch-back-way-coin when?

Attached: 1423004862395.jpg (215x268, 5.58K)

These guys are pretty stupid aren't they

They can, and it's foolish to dismiss a potential tactic of the enemy.

i feel like it's not actually about lost profits. the msm brainwashing loves to post inaccurate and outright false articles, get delusional idiots believing them, delete them and post an accurate one that receives little notice. by that point the damage is already done. you have the brainwashed idiots screeching about about the fake article and the msm plays into it the delusion while saving themselves from legal repercussion

Was sarcasm dingus. They slipped up saying "right wing archiving", just have to make a big show of asking for left wing archiving sites then pointing out flaws in the sites. If they actually let through an archive that doesn't meddle on behalf of Jews, they will quickly get caught again and have to make the ultimate admission, that keeping track of nosering media, Inc is raycist.

It's another "piracy = lost sales" episode.

Attached: hmmmmm.png (600x573, 8.11K)

Most of these papers are in a downward spiral of debt and layoffs.

reminder

Attached: MSM fakes their traffic.png (2048x3069, 1.36M)

jej

Pottery. Journalists deserve everything for writing falsehoods in the first place, they only remove or edit when there's threat of legal action.
Fuck Vice.

Go away Vice.

Attached: 8721e5f9c7b5fdd46829db421c39469f4d092a0211d3a1437f7079308a6cccbb.png (1040x811 624.88 KB, 567.11K)

Memes require belief, or laughter, or just weirdness-for-memory. I may have missed some types…

…but belief is critical in many cases. That's why we need a system of verification…

… and the kikes are bucking this…. they don't want accountability.