How to Archive

ALTERNATIVES TO ARCHIVE SITES
I'm currently unable to access archive.no or archive.is - DNS is broken.

Archive.org is now known to edit saved content.

So what to do?

Safari browser is a piece of shit, but useful, as it offers the option to export entire web pages as PDF. An other option would be to 'print as PDF' in a different browser. This doesn't add the same level of verification as the old web based archive systems, but it is better than nothing. I'm interested to hear if any Zig Forumsacks have other methods to create verifiable snapshots of sites for later reference.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-07-11 at 10.49.31 AM.png (1706x1790, 1.25M)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=6809929
archive.today/boAhq
reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/5lylcg/an_ethereum_real_use_case_dapp_to_notarize_a/
archive.today/zV2Hu
megalodon.jp/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You might as well be taking a screenshot at that rate. Print them and put them in dated envelopes and mail out copies. Keep your own copies in a lockbox. Send key to geraldo and have him open both envelopes simultaneously on livestream when you want to prove something is still legit.
Polite sage because you should really kill yourself.

Attached: commercialbreak3.png (1601x1130, 1.19M)

are you stupid?
You didn't even bother to read the post.
then you offer some BS that has no practical purpose.
But thank for giving me an idea.
MD5 checksum of the PDF stored on blockchain.
Perhaps a cryptoanon could tell me how to do that? I know i can send messages in an ETH transaction. Could the MD5 of a file stored in mega or dropbox or anywhere be saved in the blockchain along with the link as a message on a transaction?

.is and .org will save the jewgel cache with varying quality

archive (dot)
Any more?

access archive.fo/

HOW TO BYPASS DEAD DNS
edit your hosts file you dumbfucks

No, I would say the stupid one here is you nigger.

.is .no .li is unavailable in NZ atm. I've tried different DNS servers but all report a failure, so i'm assuming the DNS lookups themselves are being filtered by the state.

archive.org has been shown to delete archives
No web based archive service is truly incorruptible. I think its time for a blockchain solution.

.fo still works, thanks user. for how long?

edit your host file to an IP address that you can't lookup. Great thinking user.

that's because you are a blackpill shill. KYS

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=6809929
archive.today/boAhq

These are from 2013, and archived last year, so some anons are looking at it.

from 2017
reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/5lylcg/an_ethereum_real_use_case_dapp_to_notarize_a/
archive.today/zV2Hu

so arconis has a product that does this.
we need a version for Zig Forums imo. They have come for the archives…

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-07-11 at 12.58.28 PM.png (1578x1070, 1.03M)

Have you tried pinging it remotely?
Or with another DNS?
Or why don't you search for archive.is IP?
Shit m8, be more proactive instead of waiting to get a solution from heaven.

You need a trusted party to get the page and sign it or otherwise protect it against tampering, there is no way around this. If you put a pdf md5 sum into blockchain, the only thing you're verifying is that the file existed at at certain point in time, but it does absolutely nothing to verify origin of the file and thus almost useless.

I’ve said before that we need to have a browser level plugin written to save screenshots of sites, complete with verification that the plugin hasn’t been modified and that the page has been refreshed so that there can be no trickery. The image and web data can then be archived on any domain we want or directly on an IP with hashtag verifications watermarked in. It’s virtually impossible to block. Of course, I am not a programmer, so meh, just an idea.

Clarification: the plugin would have to do the uploading.

That or the archive sites could just cycle through random IPs to scrap the web data instead of whatever process they do now that lets news sites detect them. Then they could also mirror directly to IPs. Forget domains.

This.
memeing it.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-07-11 at 2.34.08 PM.png (944x1196, 444.91K)

That would honestly be pretty rad.

Get out faggot.
megalodon.jp/

Attached: 76dedff342b776dd56d0716ece8f14cdb32e03c8ad3cef978546623255bdac23.png (217x190, 55.18K)

>megalodon.jp/
ok, hebe faggot. How does that site PROVE that the data stored is valid and unchanged since archiving?

How do the current archive sites do that? That's why you post the original link and quote the text.

Attached: a0eae68011ce2929539b5a94476e9680ea7f93d1594678aeec3b3aa8067a7b6b.jpg (294x335, 29.65K)

are you reading the thread, or just hopping in to impart your wisdom?

Problem solved.

How are you going to prevent someone from uploading CP to your blockchain plugin network and getting it shut down?

the blockchain doesn't store the pages, just the hashes and links to files.

You dumb jew.

what was that? you want to reply so that I can bump the thread again? Cheers, user, for the pointless, mind dead insults.

Strange, no one has made an ICO with that idea even though blockchain for records archiving has been brought up as a good idea.

Use those on archive, not on this very site.

can an user that knows, get a list of all archive sites that have been kiked up?

P2P archiving
just need to hash site (or file) then later on ppl can verify that its the same by hashing the copy they saved.
When u archive something it could take a screenshot of the page then hash that image
then you could download that image it would include headers of the images hash on the image, maybe even have it upload 2 third party image sites

Attached: e9acf4675315a266f40b94ea3acd9585.png (514x549, 593.95K)

I wonder why.

only issue is that it is possible the screenshot at the time was fake. An old fake is still fake. A blockchain dApp with open sourcecode would help verify the truth of the original capture.

I did not know that was a feature, what OS does it support other than macshit?

windoze as well. Not sure about the linux flavours.
I think we've moved on a bit from my original but rubbish pdf idea.

I tried screen shotting a web page, and all I got was a spinning thing with an http address showing that data packets were being sent to something called henley putnam ([dot]edu). Should we be concerned about that?

Another user had it when he was talking about hashing a webpage file. If anything, we need to find a way to incorporate all of these things mentioned.

Add

54.36.225.114 archive.is
54.36.225.114 archive.today

To your hosts file

C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts

Well it's working as I see the (((media))) kvetching about archives so much recently.

I just started to learn to program.

I would l to create a plugin that with one click a page would be archived on many sites at the same time, instead of having manually go to each site.

This.
Can someone with actual programming knowledge confirm if this is possible?

>(((Safari browser)))
Just wait for archive.is to come back as we all do now and then nigga.
It is nothing, the same level of verification as a .txt file.

Attached: 6c42ab7743c1adc86be69973d44bf586b33cf6d284d63dd29b3c3f67067c03ef.gif (500x397, 90.55K)

bump

the archive sites are pozzed, there's really no other option unless some user is willing to host their own archive service. don't take the blackpill user

some anons suggested P2P or blockchain tech, this will be the best way to do it. IPFS looks promising.

WHEN

firefox screenshot
pngquant –nofs screenshot.png

also
about:config?filter=extensions.screenshots.upload-disabled

ETH and gas. Post the hash and a screenshot in the blockchain. (Of course, since this will cost money…)

Archive.is doesn't do this either, by the way.

reported for necrobumping

Save the page as PDF

Bump for pedo investigation

archiving is not used enough so have a bump

Just have another site iframe it. That’s how I’ve been archiving Vox etc.

send this to david

Attached: 1533033130997.png (1024x732 789.72 KB, 73.48K)

To ensure the limited spread of corruption via international jewry I'm calling a full audit of the rothschilds, montefiores, soros, adelson, and silverstein by @ngrymob.

What ever happened to just printing them to PDF files, and or simply screenshotting?

Attached: Metal-Gear-Solid-V-The-Phantom-Pain-Screen-Punished-Snake.jpg (600x338, 32.49K)

If this is legit, it needs its own thread or should be posted in the 4/pol/ thread?

bump

Fake tweet.

To preserve this just in case

info for newfags

No, you’re just retarded. All the standard archive sites work perfectly fine. Safari’s WebArchive format is really great, but it’s not “independent.”

I dont like using archive.isis
alternatives appreciated

a good individual way is to take screenshots

Anyone can invent a screenshot, idiot.

Attached: homogay.png (714x195, 16.98K)

blockchain hash of page dump to pdf seems the go. As a browser plugin for the feeble minded (me)