Hooktube is dead for real this time

>YouTube api features are back but mp4 is replaced with the standard YT video embed. HookTube is now effectively just a light-weight version of youtube and useless to the 90% of you primarily concerned with denying Google data and seeing videos blocked by your governments.
RIP

Attached: hooktube-grey4.png (156x50, 2.58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

downforeveryoneorjustme.com/hooktube.com
archive.is/bXAoK
8ch.net/log.php?board=pol
joinpeertube.org/en/faq/
saveitoffline.com/
invidio.us
reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Itโ€™s still up and running. Sage for fearmongering.

You kikes are fucking pathetic

Attached: wheel of kikery.png (1196x1446, 1.33M)

Disinformation

downforeveryoneorjustme.com/hooktube.com

Attached: Selection_131.jpg (635x475, 85.26K)

Which part of
>YouTube api features are back but mp4 is replaced with the standard YT video embed. HookTube is now effectively just a light-weight version of youtube and useless to the 90% of you primarily concerned with denying Google data and seeing videos blocked by your governments.
you don't understand faggot?

t. projecting kike

Sage and report useless thread, hooktube is still up.

Fuck kikes are spamming this hard.
Hooktube is dead, all it is now is a fucking youtube video embedder.
It's bacically a wrapper.
A wrapper around a turd-lollipop.

read a book you fucking nigger

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1126x332, 31.36K)

It doesn't actually protect your privacy now though. It's just jewtube-lite now. Instead of downloading the video and presenting it in a generic video player, it just does a youtube embed for everything now.

Just use youtube-dl like a civilized human being.

Well.
That's a shame, we need to set up an equivalent in a territory outside of the USAs reach that won't give a shit if a US company throws a bitchfit.

Attached: 1453669200120.webm (640x480, 3.93M)

(Heil'd)

I assume no one here has noticed that it has been a link to the googlevideo api now for a month or so? Shame on you for not hardening your browsers

Exactly this and exactly what I mentioned in the other thread that got spammed on the catalog about this.

No cockersucker- learn how to OP without Disinfo.

๐Ÿค”

Holy shit! With emoticon action. New here friendo?

Attached: 5c39a7f14d7ed5202df7c214ac4bf13959b4ef74a60bb3f1e8ac21d4c5e2ad04.png (638x717, 338.4K)

I am not sure if the retards claiming that Hooktube is fine are kike shill or some people here are actually that stupid.

Attached: whos_jewing_who.jpg (682x768, 121.86K)

They're actually that dumb.

Attached: 4826c8981af4646b82c3032905c244a0e39ad861d25e4621c129192e118ad05c.jpg (400x400, 20.26K)

Quite frankly I'm surprised it hasn't been done already.

Hooktube has been compromised since day 1 and if you ask me a honeypot. All it did was "block" clicks from usually non-monetized youtube videos while still dumping in the same youtube multilink garbage that had to be cleared out. I doesn't archive, it doesn't copy, it doesn't move it off the youtube servers. It works(ed) as a rather sloppy proxy. About the same as watching it through startpage- but with a more convenient address. To say it had any use other than security theater is like saying a goldfish is self-aware.

OP IS A FUCKING MORON
archive.is/bXAoK
This is from Swack, the creator of HookTube. Fucking faggot OP didn't put that tweet in the OP.

To explain, you can still go on hooktube but the videos are embedded YouTube videos now, which still give the video creator views and let Jewgle steal your data.

READ AGAIN YOU STUPID NIGGER BEFORE MAKING AN EMBARASSMENT OUT OF YOURSELF

Attached: You.jpg (480x640, 26.2K)

He quoted the changelog you derailing faggot.

>(((Exactly this)))
This right here gave you away, retard.
Are you sure I'm the new one here?
I'm very sure that applies to you, bucko.

Attached: 026281768dfadab3aa8e65ea966e58b5b62a1d6c30df5180fb3f9ae284c44e6a.jpg (1200x1869, 212.51K)

They're using it as an excuse to derail the thread.
There's another thread on the matter that the mod locked so they're probably asshurt about that as well.

You jews stick out like a sore nose.

Which out of context means fucking nothing you degenerate goat fucker after saying "Hooktube is dead for real this time"

HOLY SHIT OPENBSD IS COMPROMISED! THEY ARE ALLOWING A NULL FINISH ON LIBRESSL!

Mighty interesting the way this thread is going because of a shitty OP that had zero context and led of with a complete misstatement of fact on something that was, at the very most, security theatre?

Fuck!

And for fucks sake the mod's haven't been active for a fucking HOUR! 8ch.net/log.php?board=pol (((LIES!!!!!)))

Attached: Selection_133.jpg (155x207, 29.28K)

You didn't link the fucking tweet, dipshit.

Thanks OP.
Wouldn't have known that fishiness was going on behind the scenes without your tech insight.
hooktube is zombie

Having it set up in Taiwan or some Third World country with livable cities might be your best bet.

Any country that's too shitholey will give less than a damn about so-called Hate Speech.

China might be an option, but that would require that we cuck on the Mainland Question, which we should not.

So first they attack archive sites and a good amount of media groups put up safeguards to prevent archiving and now they break Hooktube which could basically archive video content. Are they ninja attacking pol here by trying to limit our ability to safeguard data to use against groups? Feels like it.

Stupid excuses, just because you started sperging out like a retard before reading everything.
That tweet was the changelog i quoted in the OP so it was redundant and useless to post the tweet as well.
The only faggot here is you.

Attached: retard.jpeg (570x587, 78.82K)

Shouldn't be much of a problem to create an archive site for both video and other site content. May actually look into doing that. Would need another coder to expedite it but, yeah, we could very easily create a site dedicated to pol archives that they would have a very hard time pulling down.

As far as I can tell, all it did was embed videos while still requiring you to connect directly to googlevideo. I really don't understand why anybody bothered with it in the first place.

What do you guys think about YouPak?
You can see censored videos without signing to jewgle, allows you to download the videos, and you can see videos blocked by your countries.
I am not sure if you still give views to jewtube or if you still share your data.

To anyone still wondering what's going on:
Hooktube still works but not the way it was intended
It's now just a shortcut to proper YouTube instead of avoiding Google to collect your info, avoiding giving views to the actual channels and diverse complications with country censorhip and avoiding logging in to see mature videos.

Attached: 1379997387712.jpg (500x362, 19.01K)

hooktube is still up
sage for false thread

Maybe if you faggots would stop being lazy phoneposters and learn how to use your fucking computers, you wouldn't have this issue.

>Depending on anything that requires (((Google))) to continue functioning.

Fucking kill yourselves, seriously.

Attached: Webm for retards.webm (1066x600, 4.01M)

Will someone tell me what the fuck lulz.com is and how it's associated with hooktube. Is it mocking or agreeing with the leftist narrative.

Use XMediaRecode or ffmpeg, you fucking nigger.

Attached: ื’ื•ื™ - ืชื”ื™ืœื”, ื”ื“ื™ื•ื•ื” ื”ื›ืฉืจื” ืฉืจื” ืืช ื˜ื•ื™ ื‘ื™ื™ื“ื™ืฉ GOY - Netta's TOY super-Jewish cover in Yiddish!.webm (1280x720, 15.82M)

SAGE HIDE REPORT

SAGE HIDE REPORT

SAGE HIDE REPORT

SAGE HIDE REPORT

SAGE HIDE REPORT

SAGE HIDE REPORT

SAGE HIDE REPORT

SAGE HIDE REPORT

SAGE HIDE REPORT

SAGE HIDE REPORT

SAGE HIDE REPORT

SAGE HIDE REPORT

Shareblue doing a victory lap for Jewgle? Sage is not a downvote, by the way.

Attached: GSOC.webm (720x720, 4.59M)

as someone who uses uMatrix, I know that hooktube has always depended on googlevideo. its never really lived up to what it was supposed to be for, tbh

see you fucking retard

i would cry if google exec's homes were firebombed

It never really archived and it eventually disabled searches.

The video files themselves are stored at googlevideo.com; there's no uncomplicated way getting around that. What was really great about hooktube was that it didn't load all of Google's javascript, including its player (which has God knows how many privacy-invading features built into it) and instead opted for your browser's native html5 video playback. The other thing that hooktube had going for it was the convenience of routing around age-restricted, censored, or videos that were geographically blocked for licensing reasons.

THIS IS WHY YOU ALWAYS BACK UP
MAKE REDUNDANT COPIES, IN MULTIPLE LOCATIONS, BOTH ONLINE AND OFF

what about startpage's 'watch here' feature, which is auto-proxied?

Zig Forums can't even be bothered to make a fucking webm. if Zig Forums really wanted to be badass, they'd set up a server that takes all the most popular vids from youtube, dl's them and then uploads them to bitchute, but we know that will never happen bc everyone is too busy sucking qlarp's dick and digging through emails that prove to no one but themselves that there's some pedo ring somewhere

IT really definitely IS user, that's exactly what they're trying to pull, this move can also help them badly in the 2020 elections where they're more prepared than in the 2016 Elections

You faggots better start building up those alternative sites and those anti-safeguard archiving sites you anons love to talk about or else the leftists will be able to take away every chance of victory we had left

Attached: 1530548126844.png (768x1024, 729.82K)

>/trash/

Finally. Nothing worse than those shitty embeds without links to the channel, ability to le downboat or comment section.

Because it didn't run google's scripts, didn't give views to the channels the videos were from, and didn't give google or those channels ad revenue. It just gave you the video directly. This is all it could reasonably do, because you can't store youtube's whole collection of videos if you're a small operator.

Hooktube couldn't archive video content in the sense of preserving it after google took it down. The only sense in which it ever "archived" the video is that it denied them views and ad revenue.

Something interesting to note; Cloudfare DNS doesn't resolve archive.is nor archive.fo This is the backdoor way of shutting down websites, and there's a good chance others may follow suit.

To test: change DNS to 1.1.1.1 or 1.0.0.1 and try to access either archive.is or archive.fo

>>>/cuteboys/

No, embed is what we do on here. The videos on hooktube were webm's, you can't give em views that way and your data.

Hey that was my thread. Unlike this OP, i at least capped the change log and i made the thread first, SMDH.
The thread only had quoted the change log, nothing more. The mods included the links and over all edited the OP.

Also, what's with the Shilling/retardation on here?

F

Shouldn't be difficult to find a work around but it may be a good idea just to build one. It feels like they are trying to ninja neuter pol by limiting options for spreading information on their dirty shit which means this is likely just the start. I don't like it, autistic spidey sense is going off.

Attached: ded.webm (790x358, 4.12M)

>what about startpage's 'watch here' feature, which is auto-proxied?

Exactly that, it's a fucking proxy. You're still getting the files from googlevideo.com. You're better off paying for a VPN or torifying YouTube-DL.

Are you fucking retarded? Can you even fucking comprehend the amount of bandwidth that would be used? The storage that would be needed? The servers that would be needed to re-encode every single video? Can you even comprehend how many videos are uploaded to YouTube daily? How many there are in total? YouTube has never been a moneymaker. It never was before Google purchased it, and it hasn't been since. They could have come close to making some profit with the past policies on monetization, but Google/Alphabet is a converged outfit and they exist to push social justice at the exclusion of everything else, including profits.

Even if you could somehow secure the venture capital funding to create such a thing, all of the points listed above are weaknesses that can be attacked by adversaries through lawfare and lobbying of the services hosting those different aspects of the system. On the lawfare front, even hosting such a thing would be a nightmare because of the threats posed by Google's legal division and the legal divisions of other parties hosting their content on YouTube who may not want it reuploaded elsewhereโ€“think Vevo's music video channels and other outfits like them.

Lawfare is what just felled Hooktube, or the threat of it, rather. Google sure as shit didn't like the service to begin with, but there wasn't much that could be done about it, until Hooktube put up ads for a VPN service to generate some revenue to keep the whole show going. That right there was all the excuse Google's legal team needed to have them shut down. No doubt EULA's are being amended as we speak with regards to Google's YouTube API and probably other aspects of it and other services to better prevent a site like Hooktube popping up again in the future.

It's summer and/or we're being raided by someone.

Or the quality of posters here has sunk to the level of cuckchan, in which case there's no point of even staying here much longer. You used to be able to talk about this shit on Zig Forums and most people were knowledgeable, or willing to learn from more knowledgeable and experienced anons. Now it's just shit flinging at the zoo. After gookm00t fucked up 4cuck with cryptocurrency miners, many /g/entoomen came to Zig Forums as refugees and fucked the place up. Many Zig Forumsnicians fled to greener pastures. I'm not posting where.

Zig Forums is currently being aggressively raided by a bunch of D&C shills with the same patterns and pictures.

To be fair and even though your tech is correct I have a feeling that user is one of a shitload of normies out there who have been begging for another option from Google, Youtube, FB, etc for awhile now and they are just trying to convince us to do it. We probably could but the logistics of the project would be enormous as your stated not to mention finding the right people and so on. Still, could be done and given our collective intelligence I bet we would outdo any of the shit in SV within a short while.

>>>/cuteboys/ is where you're from you flaming faggot
traps are fucking gay tbh

Alright cripple chan we know you post at at the edge of the cliff chan also Zig Forums was always shit you cunt.

Get videodownloadhelper plugin for downloads. Just did a bunch.
Looks like you have to allow yt scripts though.

What's the general feel on Bitch Ute?

We need something for mobile. That plugin doesn't work on mobile, does it?

Just download the videos with youtube-dl and upload WebM videos you silly cunts. It's not rocket science.

some of us liked searching for and looking at videos before downloading them

Why do "we" need something for mobile? Only normalfaggots use smartphones.

>Oh no! How can I watch JewTube videos without Google's (((optimized user experience)))?
NewPipe for mobile, FreeTube for desktop. EachNow is acceptable if you sandbox your browser.

If you don't need a cellphone then you are a trash human.

Cellphones are utilized to keep in good health those whom we care for.

it was only a matter of time really.

hooktube was eating up (((google))) bandwidth without allowing them to make money from it.

no one wants to fuck around using an app to watch youtube videos, they just want to click them and watch them in browser.

Attached: download (9).jpg (760x960, 161.47K)

Thank you SO MUCH for this tip, re. Freetube. I'll check out newpipe. I was starting to get pissed @ hooktube anyway for their fucking "related" strip, which is so annoying.

Maybe we can have Zig Forums and /g/ look into Peertube - -
joinpeertube.org/en/faq/
Meanwhile,
save everything

Attached: screenshot-joinpeertube.org-2018-07-16-10-23-20.png (1870x1392, 595.93K)

idk, it says no-cookie.youtube.com or something like that, but okay. i think you're talking about cross purposes and applying one to the other, tbh

exactly what i do and why this has never been an issue to me

pic related

don't insult me cocksucker

it absolutely could be. also, this is not 100% or 0%, nothing in between. you could just start with the most popular videos that generate the most revenue and move from there. that cocksucker above is just like the naysayers that refused (and often still refuse) to archive, but articles just came out saying that it actually is driving down revenues enough for the (((MSM))) to notice and kvetch about it

no u

Attached: lol-no-reado.gif (300x219, 5.18M)

No. Meme, remix, improve, evolve, re-engineer, everything.

Why couldn't they just host hooktube in venezuela or belarus?

That's not good enough. They have to LIVE in one of those countries. Freedom, on the Internet, depends on where you live.

In the US, now, it's possible to host 3D printer (etc.) gun files. In other countries, such as those you mention, it may be illegal. So you can run such a server, in the US, as a US citizen. That's how it works. Gotta be in the country, gotta host in that country.

Your posts read all the world like a fucking Indian spambot. Want to explain that, dipshit? And do you want to explain why youโ€™re claiming that smartphones are good?

FreeTube does have an extension for Firefox that will allow you to open YouTube links in their client from just a click. But EachNow is browser-based for people who want that.

Come to think of it, there are several extensions for Firefox that will replace the video players on many sites with the built-in video player. How feasible would it be to port that to Hooktube? Hypothetically, it would bypass the need for an API call on their end and offload it to the user, would it not?

It's not available on the Play Store. You'll need to install F-Droid, which is an alternative that only hosts free (as in freedom) and open source apps. F-Droid is also not on the Play Store (gee, wonder why), so you'll need to download the .apk from their website and sideload it, which usually means you just need to check a box in your settings.

iFags are fucked, as far as I'm aware.

Reporting back on that browser extension idea. I installed 'HTML5 Video Everywhere!' for Firefox, and it looks like it replaces the embedded player as well. Hooktube is functioning 90% now, minus the download options. I would recommend youtube-dl for that anyway.

Sage for doublepost

Annnd the CIA drops in.

How's the weather in Langley?

That electric jewbot

Attached: 0a427157e550997b9c3892bb9882e356dd33c05efcf.jpg (600x315, 32.79K)

iOS permits side-loading. I believe a Mac is required, however. idk if there's a VM out there for sideloading. How's the ios VM scene, anyway? I think you need your OS to make Apple happy enough for you to get an iCloud account, so you can download Xcode (which is how you sideload).

If you care about them so much why don't you go to meet them physically?

Back to webm'ing videos again.

Every site that cares about your privacy bans youtube.

What happens here? 8^)

kike-run, kike fuckers want to hurt white people.

I know I'm going to get a can of Monster hurled at me for saying it, but Q predicted this. (((They))) don't like saving stuff offline.

saveitoffline.com/

replacement

invidio.us

Let me guess, you're busy watching the jewvision?

There's a greasemonkey script called ViewTube that does what you're describing for YouTube. It replaces YouTube's player with the HTML5 player of your browser. It also lets you select between different video formats and qualities. It also provides a button to 'get' the video in question as a link.

If you can't use a CLI you're a nigger cattle

Go back
reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
And you stay there you motherfucker