MIT finds Quadrillion tonnes of diamond 100 miles beneath us

There may be more than a quadrillion tons of diamond hidden in the Earth’s interior, according to a new study from MIT and other universities. But the new results are unlikely to set off a diamond rush. The scientists estimate the precious minerals are buried more than 100 miles below the surface, far deeper than any drilling expedition has ever reached.

The ultradeep cache may be scattered within cratonic roots — the oldest and most immovable sections of rock that lie beneath the center of most continental tectonic plates. Shaped like inverted mountains, cratons can stretch as deep as 200 miles through the Earth’s crust and into its mantle; geologists refer to their deepest sections as “roots.”

In the new study, scientists estimate that cratonic roots may contain 1 to 2 percent diamond. Considering the total volume of cratonic roots in the Earth, the team figures that about a quadrillion (1016) tons of diamond are scattered within these ancient rocks, 90 to 150 miles below the surface.

“This shows that diamond is not perhaps this exotic mineral, but on the [geological] scale of things, it’s relatively common,” says Ulrich Faul, a research scientist in MIT’s Department of Earth, Atmospheric, and Planetary Sciences. “We can’t get at them, but still, there is much more diamond there than we have ever thought before.”

news.mit.edu/2018/sound-waves-reveal-diamond-cache-deep-earths-interior-0716

Attached: RB-COMPOSITE-EARTHS-CRUST.jpg (697x483 48.13 KB, 53.95K)

OY VEY! It's anudda shoah! Red alert!

Our monopoly! Think about the shekels….

Attached: s1.reutersmedia.jpg (450x299, 22.42K)

Real diamonds are not that difficult to artificially produce. The Chinese have had the technique nailed down for years now and the results are indistinguishable from the real deal.

I bet they wish they would've let tesla split the earth open

inb4 flat earthers

So did you guys hear about the huge sinkhole that just formed in Tel Aviv?

My ancestors were compressed into that diamond in a great tectonic shoah 6 billion years ago. That diamond is rightfully the property of G-d's chosen people.

Attached: 1456025435977.png (2000x2326, 50.41K)

Movie when?

not only that but they could manufacture custom diamonds for industrial use.

If you get married spend as less as you can on the event, put most of the money toward nice appliances that would last you a long time.

Attached: dog-wash-sink-laundry-in-Laundry-Room-Traditional-with-entrance-cabinets-10.jpg (6661x4987 111.77 KB, 1.71M)

Oh wait, they already do.

No shit. We already knew this, just like we already knew that artificial scarcity is the only reason diamonds are priced so highly, because corruption and lol Africa.

Nice appliances? Your saying buy smart appliances?
Damn nsa you don't give a fuck anymore

Industrial grade diamonds aren't anything special. I could go to the hardware store and get a diamond-tipped sawblade for under $50.

I have a theory about the earths core as well. Everyone knows it is molten iron but I think at the middle of the iron is a shit load of molten gold. It is all melted and the gold being the heaviest goes to the very core along with a bunch of other really heavy elements.
The iron which is way more plentiful on earth comprises the majority of the magma though.

All the diamonds are the same.
The industrial crystals are just tiny.

>conflating high quality manufacturing and durable materials with ((("smart"))) devices

Attached: ad4deab6f97354250628c5a9368f321f6859efd537b9dce3eca18af79612ec59.png (664x366, 118.83K)

The really cool part is why it's still molten after all these years. Blew my mind when I learned about it.

Attached: bc001af4dc6260fdda4edd0e04a366cf--simon-garfunkel-art-garfunkel.jpg (709x827, 70.03K)

Mr (((Faul)))) has just been hired by Israel

Diamond isn't a scarce resource. We have it in abundance. It has value because of jewish monopoly over industry.

anuddah quality shitpost from the kikes at 8pol

The center core of the Earth is solid iron. Ain't nothin' gettin' through that.

We've known this.

it's difficult to find durable items in an age of engineered failure. soon everything will be((smart)) can you hide behind a proxy from the toaster? makes me sad desu.

The diamond industry is highly manipulated.

Radioactive decay, right?

it takes shittons of energy. its still cheaper just to buy them from the kikes, or from african warlords on the black market

Reminder this is one person or group using this format to (((spread these images far and wide)))
Stay frosty.