/pol, enter this thread

I'm in the bath and have had an idea: /pol has evolved beyond simple politics. We have developed a culture, grand and noble in it's bearing, a culture that I wish to propagate and am proud to be part of.

We, user, the sea of red faces, suits and thoughts; the Umman Manda reincarnated, Ubermensch seekers of Truth and Power, unbound by the constraints of society and subject to naught but our own will.
We have Self-Improvement Generals that teach us how to forge our bodies into powerful tools. Book threads that expand our minds and knowledge, driving us ever forwards, ever upwards. It is this manner of thread, and the many like it, that I love and adore. Their influence has made me better in such an objective way, that I'm sure all who share the /pol spirit understand.

In celebration of who we are and how far we have come, I propose we add to /pol's most beneficial past-times. Undoubtedly, we've had such a thread before, but I propose we start regular Quote Threads. I was inspired with this idea when I was browsing the current Self-Improvement thread (which I suggest you explore). A man was mentioned, and upon browsing the internet about him, I found this little gem;

"It's important to abolish the unconscious dogmatism that makes people think their way of looking at reality is the only sane way of viewing the world. My goal is to try to get people into a state of generalized agnosticism, not agnosticism about God alone, but agnosticism about everything. If one can only see things according to one's own belief system, one is destined to become virtually deaf, dumb, and blind." - Robert Anton Wilson

Let's discuss it, post our own, and revel in philosophical euphoria.

Regards,
-Drunk user freeing his inner poet

Attached: Freedom of Speech.png (1146x550, 98.29K)

I'm so sick of stoner/drunk posters and their prose & platitudes threads.

Yeah, I've got an idea for you…

Attached: fun.jpg (267x157, 13.66K)

I'll kick your fucking ass and I'll kick OP's ass too. This could have been a thread full of great philosophy and reflection but it was ruined the fucking millisecond OP started typing.

these mother fucking are comedy gold, if nothing else its kinda cute how much they care and want to be smart …

these mother fuckers are gonna end up like socrates if they dont get real about life

I haven't had a bath in years.

Seems like a superb venue for pontification, enjoy user.

Zig Forums culture is shit since 2016 and it's getting worse.

bitch lasagna over here scared of people that browse reddit …

at least I make fucking decent posts , you dont make shit

dont even green text your shit bro, its not worth it, its plaing garbage

and also sage you idiot unless you have something to add

Kill yourself.

Are you doing this to annoy people? because it's working.
Used to be a regular thing on 4chan /b/ years back, eventually turned into baww threads.., and now we have r9k.
The problem that arises is arrogance bleeds through too heavily, people think they know the right way to go about it. Their ego's become too much and it becomes too easy to derail a decent thread. It's rampant nowadays, but narcissism overall has increased over the years. As you can imagine someone with too much of an ego is a problem on any anonymous forum. This is no place for an identity.
Nobody cares who you are, if you want people to care about who you are, go to a place where your name can be seen.

But if OP never started typing there wouldn't have been a thread to ruin.

Do you mean remembered for hundreds of years after they've passed?
You're an insecure centrist at heart, aren't you?

In regards to OP's statement about Zig Forums's influence on culture as a whole though.
You're late to the game, exploding vans and what-not.

Attached: 1423684087456.jpg (400x5000, 397.91K)

Well, I noticed how imageboards still seem to have a residual love for forums, as fucking awful as forums are, maybe OP can go sign up on a forum. But having a username where you can be tracked is a horrible thing to have when you are discussing life, politics, everything.

Speaking for the whole are you? I don't remember you being chosen as the voice of imageboards.
How so? Could you elaborate, please.

Attached: 1415624181914.png (600x2644, 766.29K)

How the fuck is my post reddit or Jewish?

It's something I've noticed on 4chan and Zig Forums over the years. This lingering nostalgia of how forums once were, and how they are now. I'm not speaking for the whole - I'd rather the phony nostalgia not exist.
Imagine everything we say on this fucking website being tracked in a username, post count and post history. It could not only be used against us in future internet fights, but it would also be on permanent record and could be used against us legally. It is also, I feel, a huge breach of privacy, but it's one people willingly sign up for, you see.
I've been down that road before of having my post histories on forums used against me, that's par for the course, but I much prefer no username and no post histories, so we can judge each other by merit of what we say, and how we behave, in the applicable moment.

What culture? A culture of REEEEEing at anything that might contradict an individuals beliefs? A culture of seeing shills and Jews behind every post? A culture of spouting terms and memes until they lose all meaning?

I sincerely hope you see the irony in your own post.

Are you calling me a jewish shill? Do you want to fight? I'll fucking destroy you right now.

I think it's a type of 'grass is always greener' mentality.
Agreed.

I don't see how that would be a problem unless you're trying to bamboozle someone. If someone were to use it to point out a contradiction in your argument, that's not necessarily a bad thing, if anything it's helping you straighten out your beliefs and sharpen your arguments. You can't expect to win them all, and with that, winning isn't everything.
The technology exists to breach personal privacy, so it is going to be breached, nothing can be done about that, that's just how things are. It wouldn't even matter who was at the wheel of such a thing, it wouldn't change.
Become the porcupine.

That's where it falls into the realm of introverts and extroverts I think. The chans have always been majority introvert types. Unless people have lied about it for all these years, which I really don't understand why anyone would. It's anonymous, nobody cares who you are.

I was gonna dump quotes but I think OP is a (1) and done. Shame.

Attached: 1419755040643-0.jpg (1755x3285, 1.22M)

Keeping the grass is greener thing in mind, which I agree with, with all due respect I don't think you had to deal with these people so you don't know what it was like. To have snarky leftist man-children stalking you, because you disagreed with them in their echo chamber, and then they can't even deal with you so they have to ban you and it's just one huge circlejerk, yeah, it's not a good thing to experience. Forums are leftist dominated because they provide the perfect infrastructure for circlejerking and an echo chamber censorship environment. Leftists cannot survive on imageboards, I've seen them fail many times because what they usually rely on to "win" does not exist here.
But as for the OP, I'm just bored and I'm not truly hostile to anyone here. I was disappointed my bait didn't get more replies.

You're right, I don't know what it's like.
But I don't understand why it would bother you. It's sounds like you getting banned is a benefit to you. Your argument wasn't beaten, it was banned, that's a win for you. And why would you want to be on a leftist circle-jerk forum anyway? They're not going to grow, but you might. Also on that banning ordeal, just sock-puppet and vpn.
Banning someone entirely is nearly impossible.

Attached: trueandorfalse.jpg (900x1540, 346.61K)

>We
Stopped reading right there. There is no we.

Yes, yes, the "if they ban you you win" thing. The things I am discussing all happened a while back. I got so disgusted with people and the internet that I disengaged from it all for a while and lurked, and only posted when I absolutely had to (usually tech help stuff).
I still have some resentment in me about this, the internet was such a pile of shit back then. A lot of young "right wingers" coming up now had no idea what it was like that. The path has already been cleared for them.
It worries me that generations of young men are leftist children, do you understand? But this has been a good discussion, and thankfully the internet has changed a lot so I enjoy it much more now.

Fuck it. Here's some of my private salubrious quote stash:

“That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die.” - H.P. Lovecraft

“It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong.” - Richard Feynmann

“War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.” - George Orwell

"The fool on the hill sees the sun going down and the eyes in his head see the world spinning round." - The Beatles

“If people do not believe that mathematics is simple, it is only because they do not realize how complicated life is.” ― John von Neumann

“Creative minds are uneven, and the best of fabrics have their dull spots.” — H.P. Lovecraft

"cable commentariat as a cog in the corpulent D.C. fleshpot." Ilana Mercer

"When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say." George RR Martin

“The electric light did not come from the continuous improvement of candles.”- Oren Harari

"As for me, I a tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas." - Herman Melville, Moby Dick

“In economics, things take longer to happen than you think they will, and then they happen faster than you thought they could.” - Rudiger Dornbusch

"The Supreme Art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." – Sun Tzu

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far." - H.P. Lovecraft

"Reality is the leading cause of stress among those in touch with it." - Lily Tomlin

"I heartily accept the motto, “That government is best which governs least”; and I should like to see it acted up to more rapidly and systematically. Carried out, it finally amounts to this, which also I believe — “That government is best which governs not at all”; and when men are prepared for it, that will be the kind of government which they will have."
– Henry David Thoreau, Civil Disobedience

"Less time than it takes to say it, less tears than it takes to die; I've taken account of everything, there you have it. I've made a census of the stones, they are as numerous as my fingers and some others; I've distributed some pamphlets to the plants, but not all were willing to accept them. I've kept company with music for a second only and now I no longer know what to think of suicide, for if I ever want to part from myself, the exit is on this side and, I add mischievously, the entrance, the re-entrance is on the other. You see what you still have to do. Hours, grief, I don't keep a reasonable account of them; I'm alone, I look out of the window; there is no passerby, or rather no one passes (underline passes). You don't know this man? It's Mr. Same. May I introduce Madam Madam? And their children. Then I turn back on my steps, my steps turn back too, but I don't know exactly what they turn back on. I consult a schedule; the names of the towns have been replaced by the names of people who have been quite close to me. Shall I go to A, return to B, change at X? Yes, of course I'll change at X. Provided I don't miss the connection with boredom! There we are: boredom, beautiful parallels, ah! how beautiful the parallels are under God's perpendicular. "
- Andre Breton

"Life, to be sure, is nothing much to lose, But young men think it is, and we were young."
— A. E. Housman, 1859-1936

Obviously I have more, but these appeal to me on a fundamental level. As a side-note make sure to acquaint yourself with post-WW1 poetry and art, it is pure and unfiltered. No pretension, simply raw emotion and even if it is anti-cultural and largely marxist, it marked a great flowering in human thought after the dark and depressing years spent in the trenches.

Agreed. OP go fuck yourself with a gardening rake nice thread tho

in bath? water. HEH. Its almost as if you are onto something, user, bathing in the very essence of the second of the ogdoad.
Go forth, and multipy.

Attached: the-hand-of-heh.jpg (980x1212, 418.13K)

>
I should whip your ass raw with a bundle of jumper cables for trying to revive the HEHpill. Perhaps you were the faggot forcing it all along? Don't admit to it if you are.

Please stop. This is peak cringe.

do you understand?
Somewhat.

Still yet to recognize why anonymous forums are superior. Filthy normie.

Attached: 1441079949f1387a9c356e1839a7dc381b4f1c9570b90385a56ca14dff3300dd.mp4 (480x360, 290.23K)

I'm not sure how you can't fully understand that. I was confident you were smarter than that, but maybe you're missing some of the points here because you've been sheltered from all this.

This