Liberal Ninth Circuit Says Open-Carrying A Gun Is A Constitutional Right

thefederalist.com/2018/07/24/liberal-ninth-circuit-says-open-carrying-gun-constitutional-right/
The ultra-liberal and frequently overturned U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit just ruled that the Second Amendment protects one’s right to carry a gun openly outside of the home.
“We do not take lightly the problem of gun violence,” the majority opinion in Young v. Hawaii reads. Here’s more, emphasis added.
For better or for worse, the Second Amendment does protect a right to carry a firearm in public for self-defense. We would thus flout the Constitution if we were to hold that, ‘in regulating the manner of bearing arms, the authority of [the State] has no other limit than its own discretion.’ Reid, 1 Ala. at 616. While many respectable scholars and activists might find virtue in a firearms-carry regime that restricts the right to a privileged few, ‘the enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.’
Citing Peruta v. County of San Diego, the court also stated that the Second Amendment does not protect the right of a citizen to carry a gun concealed — a tension that will eventually need to be resolved in another case. Charles Cooke, of National Review has more:
Unless the panel’s decision is reversed en banc, the two decisions will have to be reconciled. When that happens, it seems most likely either that (a) the court will strike down the open carry bans in Hawaii and California, or (b) the court will adopt the argument, presented by the plaintiffs in Peruta, that a state can choose to ban either open or concealed carry, but could not prohibit both. Watch this space.
The fact that an ultra-liberal court affirmed Americans’ right to openly carry a handgun is a huge win for all Americans, even if the court is dropping breadcrumbs they hope the U.S. Supreme Court picks up to ultimately restrict gun rights nationwide.

Attached: gun.png (688x684, 358.95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/002759974
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

perhaps Trump threatened them
or they're preparing for a civil war against the right
why else would they suddenly become pro-gun?

Well, I guess they realized getting over ran by homeless people and starving to death was worse than following the constitution.

Yeah I know the guy was there. The difference is now there’s four witnesses.

Your image may SAY that it’s legal in all states without a permit, and the constitution may SAY that it’s legal in all states without a permit, but WILL IT ACTUALLY BE ENFORCED? We need proof of this.

I'm sure they're ready to manufacture another school shooting.

Hold off before you celebrate

Not trying to blackpill here – I'm excited about this, since I live in California – but there might be more to this than it seems.

In shithole states like mine, there's a kind of legal bind. They would ban concealed carry if they could, but ever since they banned open carry, that meant (according to a 2012 court decision) that they would have effectively banned gun ownership outside of the house. In other words, the only reason CA has CCW at all is because it doesn't have open carry. Bring back open carry, and it's possible the courts will allow the banning of concealed carry.

The key here is to mine for salt. If Democrats with law degrees seem okay with the court's ruling, we're fucked and it's one of Shlomo's tricks. If the likes of (((Dianne Feinstein))) seem genuinely pissed, then it's possible I'm just paranoid.

Never trust the kikes. Never relax around the people who run my state. They would ban kitchen knives if they could, just so the government would have to cut up your tofu for you.

Attached: Arab_Pride.jpg (900x571, 52.7K)

Attached: leftism on guns.jpg (500x429, 55.34K)

Interesting take user. Definitively something to monitor..

Attached: california-migration-comic.png (780x800, 173.2K)

>If the likes of (((Dianne Feinstein))) seem genuinely pissed, then it's possible I'm just paranoid.
biggest indicator here.

Non-American here, is this big? It seems big.

you can open carry a gun for self defense, seems to learn towards stand-your-ground than anything.

Could be big. This is a three-judge panel, so now it goes to the full court for review. This is the court where a vaguely conservative Oregon judge was just railroaded the fuck out of the confirmation process because an Oregon senator accused him of being racist 20 years ago for opposing his college's affirmative action policies. So – crazy town. The craziest court in the country because it has maybe five sane judges and a bevy of lefty nutcases.

My prediction is that the panel decision will be overturned by the commie ideologues on the rest of the court, sitting en banc. It may then go to the Supreme Court, which is about to get a hell of a lot friendlier to gun rights, thanks to Brent Kavanaugh, who could not possibly be better on this subject.

Who knows. Maybe we'll get a chance to hang everybody before it goes that far, but don't be too bummed if we hear in two months that the rest of the Ninth Circuit has ruled states can outlaw guns entirely.

The left wants guns now. To defend against fascist drumpf supporters trying to take away their trans rights.

Does it really matter? Who cares if some trannies buy a Glock they'll fire at a range once?

Lel.
An openly white nationalist would fire a rocket at the Rothschild family's private jet killing them all and some of you faggots would swear the jews were behind it.

This reeks of agitation and selective enforcement. I imagine by the end of the year we'll see a story about someone shooting an antifa nigger at an alt-right rally and being indicted regardless yet again.

Perhaps there are tenants of this case that they didn't want going to the supreme court. Give an inch and take a mile? And while (((they))) love nationwide injunctions coming from lower court judges there is a 100% chance the other circuits will say that the "open carry" ruling only applies in the 9th.

Welcome to Zig Forums.

Attached: Moral_Clarity.jpg (800x881, 378.44K)

I'm in NJ and i'm feeling dubious in this as well.

Fun fact NJ user, pump shotties have no restrictions on em.

That's what I'm betting on. They get the panel to makes this decision, it goes off to the rest of the court and gets denied, then gets bogged down in appeals.

Unless you are stripped of your right to carry at all. Not to worry, they'll get them one way or another until all the bullshit is repealed.

if only……..never gonna happen though. A lot of insurance policies will not let too many "important" people ride the same plane.

Mossberg 590A1, the only choice.

Imagine if they managed to drop Lautenberg this year.

Concealed carry is based on the absurd unprovable premise that only criminals would conceal a firearm.
That is why it is being changed in many states, north daota being the most recent.

Fair argument.

That law made sense in an era where a substantial portion the the populace open carrying. Open carry was a social norm when thise laws were passed and the logic does hold within that context.

This smells like a false flag in the making. Multiple false flags in fact. Pedowood is getting brought out to light and they're panicking hard over it. Also the (((left))) agenda is crumbling along with the russian narrative. (((they))) want to accelerate civil war that badly and create distrust and unrest amongst the people. Can't have a war with Kim Jon Nip Nong? Can't have a war with Putin n' the nukes? Might as well get a war with the people of its own country out for eachother's throats.
the (((9th))) circuit is going to use this as a means of creating happenings so the left can screech, holler, and kvetch in false flaggotry and demand for gun control because kikes are panicking over the pedowood exposure. There is no other good explanation for pulling a stunt like this, especially in a liberal as fuck court, unless they want to create happenings to take the heat off the pedos

Attached: 52456457.jpg (200x200, 5.84K)

This was established before for Americans already was it not? I know America today is very pussy but I thought you Americans always had this right and it was decided by your courts in 19th century? Please explain to me yanks.

thats pretty much my take on this.

they do that kinda crap anyway

even though Trump hasn't made any effort to get rid of any government propaganda programs let alone called any of it out the frequency of staged events is way down from Obama ?

Who know maybe a bunch of people didn't get their bribes this month or someone else is being more convincing lately.

Shoot all those that oppose you

This is true. Times have changed.
I would rather we have constitutional concealed carry nationally recognized. Hell, not every state recognizes CCLs from other states at the moment–commiefornia and jew york being obvious no-gos for that.

My point being, concealed carry is the more polite route.

Not to mention I'm too autistic and with open carry people would always be staring at my firearm and that's just entirely too much attention focused on me.

Attached: 1450288756256.jpg (824x471, 129.55K)

Good job, numbnuts.

Attached: 1560fe6aa3642468dd5c186243083af7b058a3d9d8de209cb66066b46b860363.jpg (763x485, 70.45K)

I was thinking the same thing.

Honestly yes I would because you must ALWAYS BE WARY OF JEWISH TRICKS.

The establishment might be preparing for a huge false flag

As if I needed their permission to begin with. Also wear a surgical glove to load my bullets. Anytime. Anyplace.

Fixed.

Attached: red panels real version.png (780x800, 158.63K)

Why does there have to be a catch? Why are you people so god damn blackpilled. Wait and see.

you forgot the 'illegal'

Only cowboy larpfags open carry. Why the fuck would you risk some dindu snatching the gun from you?

If you're such a grease-fingered bumblefuck that an unarmed nigger can get the drop on you when you have a firearm on you, then you do not have enough training to own a gun responsibly in the first place and you need to immediately unfuck yourself.

Attached: 1421732514373-3.jpg (1920x1080, 41.5K)

No, I mean it wasn’t until 2008 heller vs DC decision that the individual right to bear arms was explicitly affirmed. Before that it was assumed.
US has gone thru periods where concealed carry was taboo or banned, followed by open carry in numerous states in response to the Black Panthers in the early 80s I believe. Concealed vs open carry always fluctuates and not all states really allow any sort of carry (at least not in an appreciable way). Look into shall issue vs may issue states, describes the dichotomy.

At this time we really need a Supreme Court case to split your right to carry. I live in a garbage state that doesn’t respect this right, my states unconstitutional laws need to be overturned

We shall see. Let’s see what happens in the next few months.

In some places open carry is lawful for all non-felon adults, but a permit is required for concealed carry. Additionally, even once one has performed all the required actions, it can take months, depending on the backlog, to get your permit - and, heck, maybe you'll find yourself denied, gotta appeal / try again.

Conceal carry is superior, in most situations.

Will this thing go all the way to SCOTUS, or will they chicken out, for fear the Court might return the right nationally of open and concealed of all arms, including firearms, swords, pole arms?

This, I plan on open carrying because it doesn't bother me, the attention I mean, and it's a nice shitbird repellent, nigger or otherwise. I don't plan on publicly doing it tho till I've practiced my draw, once I find a nice gun I feel comfortable with, that's the first thing I'm doing, I know how to shoot though thankfully.

You’re a jew and no one believes you.

Attached: ID_Fail[1].png (1065x536, 496.92K)

Nonsense, everyone has a 6 o'clock. You can't always be watching your back every 15 seconds, or you'll look suspicious.

Open carry is risky. But it's damn handy in some situations, especially when it's hot outside.

Attached: get gud.jpg (640x447, 66.62K)

You already look suspicious when you have a fat fucking 1911 on your belt, numbnuts. A few sweeping glances aren't going make a whole lot of difference.

Attached: 8663b19623dc6db84644aaf280ca0c589e3ae0dcd1f75ae027ebb5f5ad055f14.jpg (660x400, 48.08K)

I've often thought a pull key, like is used on treadmills and jetskis would make sense, in some situations, with guns.

Another idea is an affirmative "block" signal received over RF (radio). … various designs are possible.

The problem is fudds are more than just fudds. There are also design fudds. Like people who are like "oh, I don't want that" because it's new and it hasn't been tried & refined.

t. mommy buys him all his clothes & food

t. autistic retard who can't into emotional connections

This is a thread about firearm self defense you fruity menstruating pony nigger.

Attached: 1470983970207-1.jpg (640x580, 111.52K)

Even (non citizen) legal immigrants have been voting for years now. Although, I guess committing felony voter fraud and identity theft technically makes them all illegals.

polite sage for off topic

Attached: 13 percent of immigrants vote.png (630x8186, 539.7K)

Actually, guns are a social instrument.

This is how dangerous and/or retarded the left is. 219 years of plain, obvious language had to be brought all the way to the Supreme Court because they want things their way so badly they will look you straight in eye and argue over the definition of words and phrases, looking for any angle they have to destroy you.

Attached: 998874_530936863627507_11162029_n.jpg (320x392, 27.24K)

Just because it has a percussion cap that doesn't make it a drum.

Not that you'd understand, but there's a huge difference between seeing a guy calmly acting normal while open carrying and a guy who's obviously armed, sweating and looking every direction at once.

Go back to Israel.

The Ninth would never had made this decision unless there was some scheme being planned behind closed doors and it was dictated to them to decide in this way. My gut tells me they are going to use this and there will be a mass shooting event in CA related to open carry which they will then try to push as evidence of it being bad, Hogg will jump in, their other actors will coordinate and they will then not just try to take it in CA but nationwide. Very suspicious as the Ninth never rules in this way. Not to mention Rubio literally is the reason a new Ninth pick wasn't selected this past week after blocking it so something is up.

Kid, you have a hell of a lot to learn about carrying in public spaces before you're allowed near the gun cabinet.

In fact, forget guns. Now that I read over your comment again, I realize you've never been in a fistfight before. Wow. Just. . . wow.

Has anybody read the actual decision in full yet to see if this is actually was it's being called or are we talking these two sites and their selective posting as scripture?

I'm about to read the whole opinion, sans the dissent, and see what's really going on.

Doing bodily harm to someone is a precisely social act, regardless of the reason why.

Your fears aren't misplaced. The government could absolutely mandate such devices, which is why manufacturers are reluctant to create them.

As it happens, I do not care how the fudds feel. Innovation is my birthright.

Attached: 95F37960-9218-4AAB-9427-6859B50E526A.png (564x452, 93.1K)

< not utilizing man-portable radar & a 3D HUD

here u go faggots, start doing some actual research instead of learning from cia memes

catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/002759974

Attached: 6073cf6690783011c114597a1dbda74ec1b2a7073e83f33f85d8392dd4e22291.jpg (1280x720, 75.02K)

Attached: 044bd1cb-3a55-4126-b38a-6c75a9c74a16_1.1711497fd06a5de08f589e3db8c009a5.jpeg (450x450, 45.65K)

Posting relevant excerpts from the opinion

>In short, the text of the Amendment, as interpreted by Heller and McDonald, points toward the conclusion that “bear” implies a right to carry firearms publicly for self-defense.

Even in the American past, the courts and the state legislatures held and created laws, respectively, that you could bear arms in public as long as you didn't terrify the people or disturb the peace.

The court is going over cases from the past and building up to the "moment" it holds the law invalid.

Again, the court is summarizing how the law is on our side.

>We are persuaded, therefore, that the right to carry a firearm openly for self-defense falls within the core of the Second Amendment. …It follows that section 134-9 “amounts to a destruction” of a core right, and as such, it is infirm “[u]nder any of the standards of scrutiny.”
The court is saying that under no form of evaluation can the law be held to be constitutional, whether it be rational basis, intermediate scrutiny or strict scrutiny. These get harder for the government to withstand as it moves up in level, with rational basis at the bottom and move to intermediate then strict scrutiny.

The part that will make liberals, Jews, and communists everywhere seethe.
Though it seems to be dicta and is not per se "law" just because it happens to be written in the opinion. Dictum is: a judge's incidental expression of opinion, not essential to the decision and not establishing precedent

Attached: Vote from the Rooftops.jpg (1280x1024, 138.56K)

Looks like I can go back to open carrying in Commieland soon.

Can your mirror detect dive-bombing bats? Bet not. Back to the drawing board, Kim Jong Song Il Ding Dong.

Any idea if this is going to include long guns? I didn't read the article closely (because I think it's not quite a done deal - but it would be nice to have open carry for everyone everywhere, for example, Texas, where I am, doesn't permit open carry, except in certain types of carry, and by LTC holders (formerly known as CHL).

Is it possible that this would just paint a target on the people who do open carry when (((they))) try to start the civil war or am i just looking too much into this?

When do most kids go back these days?

Because biometric ID works so well everywhere else, right? Would be real nice to have that fail when I need to use a firearm in the event of an emergency.

Wasn't this always the case? What kind of state would ban open carry,wouldn't that effectively be against the second ammendment?

t. has never fired more than ten rounds in his life

He's not a retard for believing that the Second Amendment can be interpreted to mean the exact same thing the founding fathers intended by a layman.
He's also not a retard for believing that to make such a law would be unlawful in itself.
He's also not a retard for believing that everyone involved in passing such legislation should be hung till their legs stop twitching.

Don't even try to pretend that you Zig Forums faggots aren't the reason this even has to be discussed in court to begin with. "Shall not be infringed" is pretty fucking cut and dry, but the left likes to use pilpul on every God damn thing and say that words don't mean what they mean.

It's a movie, dumbshit.

The did this so it didn't reach the SCOTUS.
Had the SCOTUS ruled on it, it would have struck down all the laws in all states, but since its an appeals court, it's far more limited in scope.
They knew it would be catastrophic to allow it to go to a conservative SCOTUS, so they took the hit and let the guy go free.
That's what happened. Never believe these liberal commies are meaning what they say.

I have those things, they aren't practical because the closer the object or the person is from you the larger the blind spot becomes.

t. fudd

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (748x114, 8.99K)

So are we winning? Coastal states have managed to ban (assault weapons) tube fed .22's. Do we forsee Heller 2.0 or a supreme court that just dodges the issue ?

Why not just call your NRA and have them bring a bunch of cases before the right-wing SCOTUS? It's pretty damn good guaranteed victory.

Nra has avoided cases waiting on Gorsuch. They were terrified of getting it in front of Garland. Look it should be a slam dunk. But how many times have we been bait and switched by neocon judges

EXACTLY FUCKING THIS
There's a nigger hiding in every court member. You just don't know when any of them will go Jamal - in your favor, or against you.

hi shill

What script are you using? That's some other person, and a completely different context. You clearly are nogunz.

They are going to activate MK sleepers who open carry in public and end up shooting people.
Then that's going to be used to undo this ruling and hurt funs in general.