Thousands of mining jobs are waiting in Western Australia, unskilled migrants to be flown in

archive.fo/tEGVu

ntnews.com.au/news/national/thousands-of-mining-jobs-are-waiting-in-western-australia-but-aussies-dont-want-them/news-story/9abb09bee9c85fc6419597a14e77df3e

FIVE years after Australia celebrated its biggest mining boom in history, the limping industry is picking up again — but this time around it seems like Aussies aren’t planning on picking up the slack or the giant pay packets.
From 2012 to 2016, the mining industry experienced a severe downturn, culling close to 60,000 jobs and making full-time work an almost impossible get.
But now, especially in Western Australia and Queensland, the mining industry is on the road to recovery — and companies are begging Aussies to come and work for them.
According to the latest data from SEEK, the mining, resource and energy sector has consistently recorded the largest growth in job ads for the past 11 months.
The sector is throwing out 32 per cent more job ads now than it was at the same time last year and is posting almost four times more job ads than Australia’s average.
But just because mining companies are putting out thousands of ads and offering salaries paying well over $150,000 doesn’t mean Aussies are picking them up.
Earlier this week, the CEO of WA’s Chamber of Minerals and Energy backed a migration agreement that would hopefully combat a severe skills shortage in the mining region of the Goldfields.
If approved, the Designated Area Migration Agreement would allow overseas workers to be flown over to work in the mines and would make them exempt from the skilled migrants requirement.
Chief executive Paul Everingham told the ABC there were more than 1000 vacancies in the Kalgoorlie-Boulder mining sector and said the region was at crisis point.
“You can’t sugar coat that — they’re available now and they’re not being filled, so however you can get them (workers),” Mr Everingham said.
“All Australian companies want to employ Australians first, but if there aren’t enough Australians … we have got to remember there’s an infrastructure boom going on in NSW.
“So if we have to set up special immigration or work zones, our members would definitely welcome the ability to get access to skilled workers immediately.”

Mines near Kalgoorlie-Boulder are in dire need of FIFO workers. Picture: Gary Ramage
The WA mining industry is advertising for thousands of jobs ranging from cleaners to tradesmen to university-educated engineers.
But following Mr Everidge’s comments, a number of people involved in the state’s mining industry have said more needs to be done to make relocating an attractive proposition.
Despite the huge salaries fly-in fly-out workers earn, most complain of having no work-life balance.
FIFO workers typically have higher rates of suicide, struggle with depression due to long hours and loneliness and report higher rates of workplace bullying and alcoholism.
In 2015, the West Australian government conducted a 10-month investigation into the state’s FIFO workforce.
Lifeline WA admitted in October last year it still had no idea exactly how many FIFO workers were affected by mental illness or how many had committed suicide while away from their families to work in the state’s mines.
Even the report issued after the lengthy investigation admitted “the inquiry struck several problem areas in relation to statistics”.
“Clear data was difficult to find in the areas of: a definitive total number of workers employed in the Western Australia resources industry on a FIFO basis (on either construction or production sites); suicide statistics for FIFO workers; and the prevalence rate of mental illness among FIFO workers,” it read.
1/2

Attached: 8f62879a152803126cbbb1ece5738e831645b584.jpg (650x488, 70.99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/@matt_11659/matt-barrie-australias-economy-is-a-house-of-cards-6877adb3fb2f
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

An open mine pit near Kalgoorlie. Picture: Carla Gottgens/Bloomberg
Despite the parliamentary inquiry, the state’s FIFO community claimed in March that conditions have actually worsened for the state’s workers.
Peter Miller, the father of a FIFO worker who took his own life five years ago, told PerthNow “hardly anything has changed”.
If anything, it’s worse,” he said.
“Companies talk about ‘zero harm’ on their sites, yet we have FIFO workers dying. Every couple of weeks you hear of a different death, it’s continuing.”
Following the rise of suicide rates in the mining industry, the University of Western Australia was given $500,000 by the State Government to study the mental health of FIFO workers.
Funded by the Mental Health Commission, it is one of the nation’s biggest studies into mental health.
Another study, published in the Medical Journal of Australia, anonymously surveyed 1100 FIFO workers at 10 remote mining and construction and found more than a quarter suffered from psychological distress.
It also found many miners didn’t come forward because of the stigma around mental health and only 11 per cent of men between 18 and 29 who had mental health issues accessed professional help.
NEW MINES ARE ALREADY BEING BUILT
Even as the industry reels from its very public dark side, some of the world’s biggest mining companies continue to invest and grow their business.
Earlier this month Rio Tinto, BHP and Fortescue all started building new mines in Western Australia, a move that is expected to create more than 5000 jobs for mining hopefuls.
And whether or not the workers come from Australia, the mining industry continues to show no signs of slowing down.
The sector is the third largest contributor to the Australian economy and according to the Australian Bureau of Statistics, the mining industry accounts for 1.9 per cent of the nation’s workforce, employing 226,000 people in either full or part-time work.
The recovering industry has also had a huge impact on the economy of Western Australia.
Earlier this week, one of the nation’s most respected forecasters declared the state’s economy was finally “out of the woods”.
Deloitte Access director Chris Richardson declared WA was finally recovering from the mining downturn which saw the state endure its worst year on record through 2016-17.
“WA’s economy is out of the woods, but it isn’t quite yet out of the doldrums,” Mr Richardson told PerthNow.
“The good news is that WA’s economy is gradually making its way on to a more settled and sustainable path. The State is restructuring and rebalancing and looking for non-mining related sources of growth.”
2/2

They wouldnt hire an American white guy would they?

One way to find out. Go for it.

Arent there thousands of white homeless people they could give the jobs to?

As if niggers will last more than two hours and not bail on the job for gibs. Nogs expect gibs not work.

You think they don't know that? It's the perfect bait-and-switch: bring in "red-pilled blue collar foreigners" who will immediately quit once they realize how difficult and dangerous the work is, then easily slide into a life of benefits, idleness, and voting progressive.

Somebody's got their thinking cap on.

They'll hear about walkabout from the boongs and try and claim they have that right too, watch.

Yes they will. Go whiten Australia up please!

To add my $.02, it feels like they only afferes these jobs for one he'll of a short time then pulled the ads saying, "whelp, they don't want 'em. Too bad. Time to get dirt cheap labor from out of country!" It's the same damn words they put in American's mouths when they want their unfiltered taconigger horses coming in. Its a fucking scan and you Aussie faggots better get your asses in gear if you wanna stop this shit before it starts. (not that it hasn't, but every bit helps.)

Abolition was a lie. Slavery was done away with not for moral reasons, and not because wars were fought over it, but because a cheaper slave was created, the machine. A consequence of the industrial revolution which just so happened to occur in England and it was the English who championed abolition of slavery world wide.

Now that they've indoctrinated the masses sufficiently, they want to bring in something that is now cheaper than machines, filthy low IQ third worlders. It matters not to them the damage they do to gene pools and the peace and stability of a nation due to getting rid of homogenous societies for shekels. A lot of kikes and traitors need to die and die soon to prevent the collapse of western civilization into a world not seen since before the Renaissance, only Jews being in control this time.

Attached: d28ac2887644ddd3c86ab0f3ff98f3ddd44dd6b0e65c42d92b117404291dc2f4.jpg (1280x1440, 108.89K)

Drink some coffee, you are drunk.

Considering how dangerous the industry already is, I'd be worried about working around turd-worlders who come from a culture that doesn't value life, especially of those from an outgroup.
Would be an awesome job, otherwise, especially since I'd be getting paid to visit the Outback.

No, they won't. They're not even interested in hiring white Australians. This is the same as the H1b scams int he US. Claim, loudly, that "there's no local applicants qualified for these jobs", and then import slave labor on the cheap.

Western Australia is a country of it's own and has a weird trend of civic nationalism. They'd trust a Somali born in Perth over a seventh generation white conservative born on the Eastern Coast simply due to the fact he is born on the Eastern Coast. The rivalry is all fun and games in sport and general banter but this is a case of unions and big business teaming up together to fly in cheap, shitty labour.

Only had one friend properly assimilate in Perth out of the four or five that have tried and after years of mind games from locals despite having the same common interests and importantly ancestry. He's now engaged and planning to have kids in the next few years.

Given how degenerate some of the UWA campus kids can be you'd think taking in young, white men from the east who like tinkering with cars and boats and love going on bush bashes would be more accepted.

Be american and show up in blackface then once you get the job go back to being your normal white self.

The last mining "crash" killed dozens of rural Australian towns that had no real source of cash flow other than mining workers' wages. Mining megacorps overextending themselves and flooding the market or not accounting for fluctuations in the foreign demand minerals market basically left hundreds of Australians with no job, half a mortgage and zero opportunities to sell their house and try to recover their assets. Many Australians haven't forgotten how they or others were sold the "mining boom" and left completely in the lurch once china stopped scooping up every rock we dug out of the ground so I'm not surprised there are people who are far more hesitant to commit to what is essentially a lifelong career and way of life, either.
It's almost like relying entirely on foreign demand isn't a constant free gravy train and having local smelting and industrial manufacturing adds a level of job security to raw material providers as well. It's almost like the economic backbone of this country was digging shit out of the earth and then making shit with it at some point. But that was before the government dicked the peoples' ability to buy land and not pay through the fucking nose for electricity. Smashed avo on toast is the new crowning achievement of Australian society.

Attached: 9e06192b6ea401bf052ea4f7359560b93495de30512674431a46e779f3d6df9b.jpg (418x498, 44.01K)

This is the Auzzie equivalent of "the fruit is rotting in the fields" used to get the public behind funneling in of mass-immigrants to the UK.
Big companies are fully behind this, and seem to have some agreement with the govt to provide make-work positions to asylum seekers.
I have seen on multiple occasions, obvious "Syrian" "refugees", well built men of fighting age, walking around my local supermarket in plain clothes, not even wearing a uniform, and aimlessly pushing a brush while being paid to do so.
It's very obvious they've simply been told to "look like you're working", as they make no effort to actually clean the floor, nor do they pay any attention to what they're doing and I have observed them walking right past actual spilled goods while brushing the clean parts.
tl;dr everything you read or hear in the jewish press is either a complete fabrication, or a cheap distortion of the truth.

So basically, you're saying

Attached: gdc0.PNG (592x400, 538.53K)

The elite do see shitskins as machines, but not for production. They are machines for consumption. Elite need consumption to remain high to keep their debt backed currencies going, the source of their power.

If they'd offer a higher wage maybe they could fill those jobs without importing shitskins. If you're going to expect someone to be doing back breaking dangerous work you better be offering a sweet deal or you're simply not going to be able to attract people when they could make the same at some call center or sales job.

fly me in

this unfortunately

I give it two days before one is found dead after trying to rape an emu or an ostrich.

I have also noticed a fuck load of Somalis in my local Sainsburys all of a sudden, wandering around all slackjawed like it was the Monroeville Mall from Dawn of the Dead, doing absolutely fuck all of any use.

IT WOULD BE TERRIBLY ANTI-SEMITIC IF THE AUSSIES BRING OVER BOERS

this is literally every miner I've talked to. They were so salty about being laid off suddenly (fair enough) that they're afraid of it happening again and would rather stick with a lower pay for steadier work at home.

Bull. Fucking. Shit.

Let me guess - they can say this on a technicality because they are offering some jobs that pay that much but they're very, very few and don't actually have anything to do with the mining, but rather something to do with the corporate offices.

This is bullshit. I applied for jobs out there and they told me to fuck off (politely of course).

really makesme think

This is the lie they tell. That no one wants these. Fuck right off they don't.

All they have to do is advertise for positions, argue that any candidates are 'unqualified' then import unskilled third worlders for 1/5th the price. This is why many """highly skilled""" jobs have strange or ridiculous requirements, it is purposefully done to get government to accept immigrant visas.

And Aussies cant even pretend they have the option of shooting them.

Isn't "fuck off" pretty polite for you cunts?

Fucking chinks first the bloody liberals let em take our land now all of our jobs while we don't even get basic support through social services

You lost me at Renaissance. The (((Renaissance))) is what started this whole mess.

Who's their target audience here?

The funniest thing is that I don't even see it as blatant judaism in that it's an excuse to make jobs for immigrants, it's just the mining corps being retarded and short-sighted as per usual. Odds are (((someone))) told them that migrants won't complain and kick up as much of a stink as the Aussie workers did, despite all the evidence to the contrary. They'll bring in the brown hordes and shudder in realization that they don't follow orders, are dumb as bricks and when they do work, it is of poor quality. Not to mention that if they think safety is an issue NOW, their heads will spin from the stink of dead chink and pajeet workers that will pile up in the wake of accident after easily avoidable accident. As the corps get more desperate they will throw money hand over fist at experienced upper management and analysts that will say "get Aussie workers".
Whether the Aussies will come at that point is a question, too. Odds are the unions will get involved and make things too cushy but that's a discussion for later.

Attached: 3b91b5b8d8bb9ac5e610b18721b6991f8d261c21f8f522f5f30efbbc4f619d29.gif (500x363, 496.46K)

Very much this. Too many people got burned. The mining boom ended here very abruptly and the energy market crashed the next year. This annihilated the Perth economy and 5 years later it's still really fucking bad. The amount of empty shops, office space and whole empty buildings in the city alone is shocking. Never mind the suburbs and industrial zones. They've been this way for years and it's not looking to be changing any time soon. So many people just left the state completely due to the high cost of living and no work. I've known a lot of highly qualified and skilled people who have been out of work for years. They ended up leaving like so many others because the economy still hasn't recovered. All these businesses were serving the greatly increased population which is gone. No quick fix for that.

I'm very skeptical about these high paying jobs no-one wants. Stuff like this would be snapped up in an instant. The workers are either no longer here, have moved to different industries or there is more to it. No-one is offering permanent positions or longer contracts any more. It's all short term contracts and considering what happened last time, I'm betting that's it. People aren't willing to take the risk unless the gains are large. I was talking to an IT guy only this week about mining work. For a two year contract, large site to manage up in Karratha with the exorbitant rents up there. The company was offering less than what someone would earn down in Perth doing something simpler.

Are aussies retarded? There's a six year course just to reach apprentice level in mining, and apprentices never do anything important.

Also keep in mind I assume that's in Aussie dollars, which are in full hyperinflation mode right now

150k AUD, which is $110k USD

Also, you’re locked into a boom/bust industry. although I’m curious what they are mining…coal, rare earths, precious metals?

$110k usd is good money, but not only will you pay half in draconian libshit Aussie income taxes, you’re expected to give Uncle Sam his “fair share” on foreign income, whether you currently live overseas or not.

So, after all the kikes shake you down, you’re realistically looking at maybe $50k USD net, not including living expenses and the extra medical care you will require in the future after harsh manual labor and breathing in god knows what kind of toxic chemicals used and extracted in the process.

So, yeah, you’re better off at the call center. No wonder the natives aren’t falling for their (((job openings)))

And I forgot to add, that $150k AUD is probably for an experienced worker. Noobs probably get half that starting out. By the time you get to $150k, the next bust cycle will be in full effect.

They also probably advertise for a week in the local newspaper that no one reads to find a job anymore, thus filling the requirement that they offered it to natives first.

"Tough" my ass, all you fuckers do is sit inside and congratulate yourselves for owning an air conditioner.

blah, blah, blah the future is autonomous vehicles, not manual labour. It's already being used in .au. Just search on youtube and you'll see. I know Komatsu makes some of the gear.

Where do I fucking sign up? Even if the Aussie taxes take 40% of the net, that is still more than I make as a restaurant manager. I'll drive a dump truck or something for a chance to get out of this slump.
Aussie sheilas like American Men and especially us Texans. I am used to the heat and redneck types. Seems a perfect fit.

You can't live well on 75k AUD per year?

so much for rural australia being an escape for brits

The article couldn't be further from the truth.

I'm a final year Mech. Engineering student from WA and I can't even find a company to take me on as an intern. FIFO mining companies only take on 1-2 grad students for fuck sake

Why the fuck would you do that when you can just get a normal manual labor job in a normal town not in the middle of nowhere with job security that pays just as much?

They do the same thing here in the US.

Why not hire American coal workers?

WA is coal and magnetic iron ore territory.

That's bullshit and (((they))) know it.

Are they fucking retarded? Do they even know how long it takes to train a miner? Do they have a single clue what sort of a legal nightmare a mining accident that results in death is?
Given the utter trainwreck that Aussie job market is at the moment, people should be snapping up these jobs like no tomorrow. But this ain't happenin'. Which means:
Something here stinks, and it sure as hell ain't Aussies.

Attached: 1353290749225.jpg (586x506, 69.84K)

"Niggers aint workin in no mine!"
"Betta give me dose damn gibs craka!"

Its as excuse to get them in the country. After 15 minutes they bail on the job into some part of the country.

Australia is seriously screwed long-term. Here's a good write-up of the current situation user linked in another thread.
medium.com/@matt_11659/matt-barrie-australias-economy-is-a-house-of-cards-6877adb3fb2f

Yeah, this. How do I know? Bachelors degree in comp sci, many years of experience, applied for numerous related jobs (in the last boom, onsite ops had God-tier salaries). 0 callbacks (I've got plenty of work on, but still annoyed). They aren't desperate at all - they just want nigs and pajeets. Good opportunity to blame shit on Whites again, not like the whole last boom was White men working or anything. Apparently we all hate money now or something.

What a joke. I was in the middle of this industry.
It's not worth it. The amount of methheads will break you, if they dont seriously injure you first.
We import all our workers, we had the white nigger Irish flooding through at the same time. Fuckers still haven't left despite completely undermining our construction industry.
Our government is complicit in all of this, WA went from boom to deficit under the brilliant leadership of Colon Barnett. They push for "recruitment agencies" to give you work, except companies realize this is the cheapest and readily available source of labor, so will sack you before they have to make you a permanent part of the company.
I'd like to say the Unions are trying to help the worker, but they got jewed a long time ago. They care more about lining their own pockets than protecting the worker.

Basically we're an example of what happens when you get rid of all manufacturing and skilled labor jobs, try to push it solely into mining and resource collection, then try to hide the money using real estate as assets.
A country that can barely sustain itself, with an increasingly massive deficit.