Italy is upgrading it's tank force

defensenews.com/land/2018/07/26/italy-buys-new-tank-and-its-got-much-more-going-for-it-than-its-predecessor/

archive.is/8GrCT

Attached: B4A325A8-ABF7-4606-B67E-4AE43DA2DE8F.jpg (750x743, 45.74K)

Deus Vult. The emperor approves.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (329x450, 181.81K)

Any pics of it?

Approximately what kind of force is the mininum required to riconquista Byzantium?

A shitload. None of the Western Armies really invest in their military. Modern warfare is no longer army vs army but an improvised non-uniform wearing insurgency. Main armies are largely irrelevant.

A ballista packing thermonuclear weapon

Attached: 5b40cf91e2a63afd9d5089594b711df4-672x372.jpg (672x372, 51.94K)

It's quite a handsome vehicle.

Attached: Centauro 2-2.jpg (474x293 26.79 KB, 39.75K)

Whatever floats your boat Italy.

Attached: 1525192251869.png (350x813, 414.49K)

Do you think they plan on going to Afghanistan?

Looks like a Striker with tank turret.

To be fair it can probably be quickly converted into a track.

It's an odd design to me. But if the wops like it, who am I to judge? Usually wheeled vehicles have small guns, not a same sized one fitted on most modern MBTs.

Looks like it might have an inbuilt cell signal blaster to try and prematurely detonate IEDs as well. Is that mounted MG crew operated as well? nice. Would drive if it had slats/10

can you do the same thing but with the main turret?

It's profile is a bit high don't ya think?

Need to ask someone with more military knowledge I would assume so but I do not know.

Not really, just appears that way as it’s narrow to operate in Italian conditions.

Well, they ARE called centaur.

I'm not worried about the outer design
I'm worried about the engine

Attached: A Ferrari with its favourite entertainment.jpg (1280x720, 97.98K)

It might look nice, but the Italians have never really known what to do with tanks.

Attached: Italian Light Tanks.jpg (1816x1204, 311.9K)

Happy burning

Attached: 1389503732821.jpg (640x480, 49.72K)

More like refugee/roma camp. Large gun is for intimidation. Psyops for the win. Or maybe renegade refugee boat landing. Great for border defense.

Tanks aren’t really effective on Italian terrain. The reports from the allied forces after the invasion recorded that almost all armor was useless in Italy.

Artillery was pointless and the best approach was using the big trucks and telling the weirdos to stay out.

Because not interested, never was, you have no power over me.

what's wrong with the 120mm turret? everybody uses those. it doesn't need tracks it's going to be fighting insurgents and nig nogs in italy

It just surprised me that a wheeled vehicle has gun of that size. I'm used to seeing wheeled vehicles with pea shoot r s, not the gun mounted on MBTs.

I don't dislike the design, it's just odd to me. Looks kinda cool too.

Attached: 1527597635333.png (1040x854, 1.86M)

I want to see how far that cocksucker jumps when firing.

Better hop IPs.

Attached: SalTank.jpg (692x428, 112.67K)

Tracks need to be maintained more and is harder to repair if the track becomes stuck or if the track derails.

Haha look mom I did it again!!

Holy shit Italy needs to get it together by working on their airforce first. Tanks mean fuck all for Italy when their landscape is vulnerable to coastal and air invasions.

Along with needing aircraft to compete with today's modern warfare . One Ac130 will tear apart entire battalions as seen in Syria with the veteran russian mercenaries with tanks being wiped out in minutes. One White 50 year old mercenary Apache helicopter pilot fought entire anti-aircraft battalions killing thousands of niggers in Africa in multiple wars.

Air superiority is key to winning a invasion war.

Attached: a fight.jpg (850x400, 34.38K)

Shoulda buy some more Leopard 2.

I unironically wanna buy an apc/tank with crypto gainz. Anyone know where i can get some street legal one's? I heard a lot of old soviet one's can be had for cheap

This was idea behind wheeled Italian tanks. They can get into landing area within several hours anywhere in the Italy using general roads to launch counterattack and block landing beachhead of soviet desantniki who have no tanks themselves.

As for Air force they had no faith that they survive raids of soviet Su-24 caring tac nukes to their runways and that remains of Italian air-force can penetrate impenetrable Soviet PVO.

But of course 10 tanks is laughable number.

I was about to say I hope they are aquiring more Centauros as well, but it appears they are.

Excellent. Centaruos look amazing and perform very well. Highly mobile and low maintenance, Centauros can be armed with a variety of weapons. Good product all around.

It is. Its the Stryker done right. It was developed around the same time as the Rooikat, and has some peer competitors built and used by Japan and South Korea.

The 8 wheel design is also confirmed superior against mines/ieds. These designs can lose more than half the wheels and still drive. A 40mm grenade can pop tank treads.

Not too much of an accomplishment. 200-500 highly trained solo diets can take on any whole country in Africa. You would think for how much war they have they wouldn’t suck so much but they do.

Soildiers **

French use these too instead of tanks in Afghanistan. Basically an 8 wheeled Bradley.

All of those are demilitarized; they have sections of armor replaced with crap ass steel to remove it's resistance to small arms.

When will the pasta niggers start killing the actual niggers