Why has meditation been politicised on 8ch?

You guys seem to love it while Zig Forums thinks it's somehow "counter-revolutionary".

Does it inherently lend itself to your cause in some way?

Attached: 1_t2Paopbx6Y7Tj9SwjMQlnA.jpeg (450x300, 46.13K)

Because thinking leads to conclusions they don't like.

To be fair you guys seem to have exactly that same problem

You know we have id's right? So when you blatantly contradict yourself like this, we all notice.

Also, I find it helps to burn a little SAGE

no, please, assuming you've actually got a point you make regarding meditation actually type it out and we'll be happy to humour you. Zig Forums hates meditation because when all you're doing is focusing on your thoughts you are forced to confront and challenge yourself, your beliefs and your life. They hate themselves because they've been conditioned to, which makes it painful.

Attached: 127f6b8a4c01747de8e529b1e0223338613efd5162bed0ba7ffac8ca4e7088d9.jpg (896x672, 45.48K)

I thought user was just saying that the reason Zig Forums didn't like mediation was because they don't like critical thinking. And… I mean… It's not exactly a good idea to step outside the party line in this board either.

And personally, I think meditation is good, it's just I find that with most people they end up becoming the sort of hippies you'd want gassed. So I'm curious as to why it's encouraged.

There's a difference between practical and spiritual meditation. I've only ever used it to centre myself when things seem like they're overflowing - to continuously reorient and reasses things like goals, work, study and go through my general musings or monologue - or understand why things might have happened. It's a good mental exercise to and completely clear your headspace for a period of time, because it assists decision making afterwards.

Although, i'm sure one's experience and results with meditiation would largely depened on the person themselves, but we tend to be more practical. It's the same reason we push so hard for physical fitness and for other beneficial metrics. It's more like an exercise where you hone your mental celerity against itself, much like you would defrag a hard drive or clean your home.

not even once

What would a leftist communist parody of a lifeform golem even meditate on?
You want them to kill themselves before 40 instead of 50?
They already live peak miseable lives full of faggotry and degeneracy they have to accept or get henpecked by their lessers in the name of equality and unity.

'New-age' meditation and 'buddhist' meditation are cancerous because they rely on denying who and what we are. They say its about 'transcendence', and by re-interpretting reality in what-ever way their 'spiritual guide' instructs them they make it possible to believe all kinds of nonsense.

Real meditation or Western meditation is in line with what the Stoics were doing. Marcus Aurelius' aptly named 'Meditations' details what it is perfectly; it is thinking about the every day life and your actions, their consequences and how they will relate to future decisions that you make. There are fracture points on Zig Forums, a recent interesting one has been how the board is divided between whether we should thrive off of hatred or try to make ourselves about love of our own. Obviously both sides have points and no one really dispute that, but its where we draw the line and how we focus our energies that is important; I'm of the opinion that we need to focus more on the 'love' and pool our energies into something creative; as opposed to focusing on the 'hate' and becoming a force that is solely destructive. My reasoning is because I believe we have a chance to change the status quo; previously hatred and destruction were more important because we had to remove the filth - but now the filth is nearing its end, and we must have something wholesome and good to replace it with or else we will just end up as another sort of dystopia.

Anyway that is just a quick example of 'meditations' from my person. It's about introspection, analysis and coming to a new conclusion based on the truth.

Meditation is an ancient tried and tested method of building mental clarity, control and spirituality. It calms the mind and the soul. Over time it gives the user better impulse control and the ability to think through situations with objective truth, eliminating the ego.

These are all things that leftists despise. They are driven my short term gratification, muh feelings and acceptance of their current state, instead of striving for a higher ideal.

They are driven by short term gratification*

I personally disagree with that statement.
Take Hinduism.
Read the Upanishads
Realize that this wisdom was handed to pajeets from Aryans
Meditation
Realizing the True Innermost Radiant Self
That which is Brahman - Everything - part of everything
some call it "God"
You are God
God is not outside you sitting on some throne of judgement
that is the Abrahamic Kike god
God is everything
Everything is Brahman
You are part of everything
You are part of Brahman
You are part of God

Happiness and contentment lead to stagnation. Conflict and hardship force you to adapt and grow. It doesn't mean you should avoid things that make you happy, just that the pursuit of comfort is a pretty low ambition.

the "New-Age" thing about emptying your mind - yes - that's kikery
Buddhism - is an offshoot of hinduism anyway
it got somewhat distorted along the line
not sure where

Low effort thread
But there is nothing political about sitting quietly and observing and reflecting
I do it all the time

"To thine own Self, be true."
What is, "The Self?"
it is not me who is typing, although I am watching myself do it
It is not me who does the thinking, although I am able to watch my thoughts
It is not me who hears my fingers against the keyboard and the refrigerator running, although I am able to observe the sound
I am that from which I observe all these things

I am the "thing" behind my eyes somewhere

It's good for you. Helps you relax, and control your emotions. Helps you think and focus.

I don't care about the hocus pocus Buddhist spiritual shit, but mindfulness, which is meditation without all the bullshit, works wonders on you.

I've seen some pretty amazing stuff done by "empty mind" practitioners who have decades of training. If you can put yourself into that zone whenever necessary you would become a god. Program in the firearms and cqc until it's second nature and then you're good to go.

Yeah, it sure is scary to be confronted with facts that hurt your feelings. You should probably go back to reddit where it is safe.

I think you mean silent prayer lol LoveOurLord

Meditating is helpful for the mind, it clears your thoughts and allows you to look back at yourself and at least attempt to improve. It can also help you if you're in a state of panic, sit down and breathe right and think about shit and you're a-ok. something leftypol isn't able to do

Complete opposite of reality. You are either criminally ignorant or a fucking kike who doesn't want the goy to awaken.

The religious component was never necessary to meditation. Yoga Nidra is the ultimate, if you can find a good script. I don't think many people get anything out of it if they are not already comfortable with mindfulness.

There are some real flaking yoga nidra out there, but the secular ones are a good starting point. I had a PT who was very good at leading them who was NOT newage or Buddhist.

Cover your nose before you try to call other's kikes Schlomo.

Attached: 1432016399112-1.png (490x455, 74.29K)

This guy knows whats up. Had the Third Reich still existed today, every able bodied German and Scandinavian would of taken up the meditative practices of their ancient ancestors. First step to being a man, is learning how to breath.

Attached: 123123123124.jpg (640x902, 166.71K)

Meditation is a spiritual activity. Lefties by their being are very materialistic and thus are weak spiritully.

What?
Emptying your mind isn't a kike-fueled process you dumb nigger.
Do you actually understand what a clear mind is or intent? They're both very simple and sound exactly as they are so I'd hope so.

If you take somebody who is constantly thinking while he's trying to focus on something like say sniping that nigger over yonder vs the man who takes his breath, clears his mind, and focuses with proper intent. That man is most likely gonna bag and tag his prize before the faggot who is trying to think of it.

You're just a fuckin faggot trying to deter others from understanding a clear mind is a focused mind.

Anyone here watch anime? kek
Specifically that Samurai Champloo one… If anyone recalls the hit man the Japanese governing forces called upon to take on the dynamic duo. His nick name was the 'hand of god,' and even though it's only an animation. This kind of character and the way he is portrayed as well as how he moves or acts is very defining of what I am trying to outline here.

Similar to those who see themselves punching thru the bag not at it will have a better punch than those who do not use their minds accordingly.

tl;dr fuck off kike stay mad

Meditation is like being in a coma.

Fuck off jew.

I have to ask since that kike faggot showed up to post his 4 faggy little posts.
Does ANYBODY here understand thinking without actually using any words or sounds in their mind or 'thought' per se? Does that even make sense to you niggers.

No! FUCK JEW!

Alright then, you reject of nature, with a sinus that recoils at the touch of pollen. How exactly is being aware of your breathing, and learning how to breath properly, like being in a coma?

meditation is literally doing NOTHING. its stupid.

Brain waves during "meditation" are the same as someone in a coma. They say meditation is good, but look at the kind of people who do it. They are all retards, new age assholes. Meditation is like a band-aid. It does not deal with the real issue, just delays it. Anyway, I don't give a fuck about it.

Yes.
Imagine three states:

Just some examples of conscious/unconscious thinking sans words

probably the same sort of reason why abstinence has been politicized. people who have gone more than 90 days without busting a nut are more likely to flip cars over and even kill politicians, and i hate that

meditation is the opposite of focusing on your thoughts, although yes, paradoxically you do end up having deeper and more clear reflections on your thoughts

meditation doesnt necessarily just mean "thinking about something". everybody does that already.

again, this is called thinking. people already do this. one of the problems is that they do it impulsively and without any control, in which case they would benefit significantly from actual meditation. something like simply focusing on the breath can be treated as an exercise in gaining control over mind. your thoughts may seem slower but they'll be more direct and potent and less of a wiry mess. you can also read people much better, like you can discern meaning from very small actions in their facial expression that before you wouldnt even notice let alone be able to so clearly interpret, and see deeper meaning/motivations in things that they're communicating to you be they good or bad.
you wont be able to tame the "monkey mind" by just thinking about it even more. that's like trying to put out a grease fire by splashing water on it

this thread has a disproportionately high concentration of low iq low effort posts that are purely anti-meditation

good argument

Attached: bhagavad gita picture meditation.jpg (459x646 118.92 KB, 51.65K)

*nasally voice* MEDItATioN is like LI T ER A LL Y doing NO TH IN G

omg stop thinking you racist msyognist chauvinist revisionist faggo- I MEAN MAGGOT goys !

Even if you sit and think about nothing it's beneficial. It makes your mind calmer, clearer, more focused, and your body less tense.

Meditation is the natural state of a human being. I'm only replying to you kikes because it bumps the thread. The fact you rejects feel so inclined to AstroTurf this thread is because the idea of meditation offends you.

See, the most fundamental meditation is learning how to breath through your nose, through one nostril, out the other, alternating. Expanding the breathing passages, giving breathing your full attention. That itself stops the ceaseless flow of useless thoughts. You are training your brain to focus utterly on your own body.

The reason jews hate meditation, and their hated goyim from practicing it, is because they themselves have been closed off from it for the most part.

Their fear, their ritual genital mutilation, which causes them to be the frantic rats they are, aided by their degraded genetics, has caused them to reject a majority of mountain, country and woodland air. This is why they stick to the desert or cities.

Stuffy nosed jews can't practice meditation properly. So go on and hate on it in this thread, while we continue being human.

You have waged an eternal war on nature.
Nature has rejected you.

QTDDTOT:
But honestly, you could probably ask this in the self-improvement thread and get more answers.