Antidepressants change songbirds courtship rituals: UK study

Antidepressants change songbirds courtship rituals: UK study
"Here is the first evidence that low concentrations of an antidepressant can disrupt the courtship of songbirds," said Kathryn Arnold, from the university's environment department.
"This is important because animals that are slow to find a mate often won't get to breed.
"With many wildlife populations in decline, we have to ask whether more could be done to remove chemical contaminants like pharmaceuticals from our sewage."
River systems around the world are coursing with over-the-counter and prescription drugs waste which harms the environment, according to the European Geosciences Union conference in Vienna in April.

yahoo.com/news/antidepressants-change-songbirds-courtship-rituals-uk-study-005438198.html

Attached: dozy bollocks.jpg (1920x1080, 294.35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

healthline.com/health-news/brain-scans-could-change-how-depression-diagnosed#1
heartiste.wordpress.com/2018/08/07/the-rewards-of-maga-shitlordery/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

because, Antidepressants

Aside the fact we shouldn't be using this shit to begin with, why is it getting into the ecosystem?

AMEN

Attached: Chad_is_Best.png (800x450, 426.39K)

Because not all of the drugs are absorbed by the body; traces remain in human waste. Much of this runoff also winds up back in tap water, since there aren't any measures in place to filter it out.

fuck the birds, thats not the reason why they(not "we" because i dindo shit) should stop destroying the planet

anyone who takes this jew trash is a fucking retard
all (decent) medical professionals will tell you that becoming mentally healthy again is reliant on your own efforts and not drugs

Lots of people dump their expired/old medications, or medications they tried and didn't like, right in the trash, which gets into the water table. The same is true for birth control pills. The other part comes from the urine of people who haven't fully metabolized all the drugs they're taking. To put in perspective how bad it can be, I read an article a month back about how clams coming out of the Puget Sound in Washington are testing positive for diploids. There are so many prescription opiates being flushed and pissed out around Seattle, you can literally detect it in the fish and other water life.

Nah you're straight up wrong. Though I do agree that 90% the people who get them prescribed don't need them.

Perhaps this is the intended effect, only it was targeted at the animal they are most often prescribed to: white people. Jew doctors quietly genociding by making finding a mate harder perhaps?

IGNORE THE FACT THAT WHITE PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD ARE COURSING WITH OVER-THE-COUNTER AND PRESCRIPTION DRUGS WASTE

didn't know white people were in so many remote places

Your hypothesis presumes that healthy, functional males are the targeted demographic for SSRI therapy. I assure you, the clinically depressed aren't fucking.

The people taking these typically were too mentally unstable to remain in personal relationships to begin with, speaking from personal experience tbh, so the Jew really isn't stopping anything I wasn't already failing at

irregardless of these two jews.

2.8 million adolescents (ages 12 to 17) is a pretty good swipe at the population when you are trying to genocide it quietly.

try 99%

Exercise has a longer history of and more definitive studies linking to the reverse of depression than any prescription drug.

They simply are not needed and exacerbate the problem.

Look at this retard's lack of reading comprehension and laugh.

Attached: C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_f7ccc998027462c2028620124d3e4f5e6d9df6fbe5f97cfa091f1345b016d6a0.jpg (720x838, 116.07K)

I'd agree putting kids on SSRI therapy is probably bad, as it has been shown under 21 users have substantially increased suicide rates. Over 25, the results are more stable because the brain has matured and if it hasn't self corrected by then, than treatment is reasonable solution. I didn't start using them until 29.

I was an avid cyclist usually doing 50 miles of mountain bike or 200 road cycling weekly, the natural endorphins are a good moral booster, but not a replacement for neurotransmitters.

so they breed because they are depressed?

i was implying only white people have access to mental health care and Jewish pharmaceuticals so why would rivers "around the world" be affected? Doubt chinks and pejeets and nogs are taking nearly as many.

And this means that it is infecting the entirety of the US and Europe where such drugs are common, and this unsurprisingly lines up with why doctors have been prescribing anti-depressants for ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING. It's not just about getting those people on to the drugs - its about poisoning the water for EVERYONE.

Maybe that line about a third of the world's waters being poisoned in the book of Revelation wasn't talking about radiation…

wow what a brilliant revelation you fuckin kikes

How about stop treating the symptoms and fucking cure the disease for once?
Proper diet, exercise, sleep, and curtailing use of television and social media are more than enough to prevent most cases of depression.
But, no, goyim, let's further burden the taxpayers with additional infrastructure and keep the shekels flooding into Big Pharma.

Treating adolescents with them is another issue entirely, and generally one that I don't agree with. Neither does most of the medical community. See:
Doctors will typically prescribe them to anyone who asks for them, because the criteria for initially diagnosing depression is all self-reported; and the criteria for having depression is 'having a consistent low-mood for at least two weeks'. And there's significant semantic overlap between being a sad fuck and having what can be legitimately classified as a brain disease. I'm telling you from a position of scientific research and personal understanding, you're painfully wrong about SSRI's being some kind of jew plot to kill the goyim.

For one thing, a severely clinically depressed person isn't capable of functioning in a capacity to facilitate neurogenesis by way of diet and exercise alone. For the normies? Sure. But for guys stuck in the cycle of recurrent MDD the best treatment in my opinion is a combination of SSRI therapy, diet, exercise and a correct sleep pattern. It's laughable how you normies read two articles about exercise and depression and then claim to have all the answers.

Attached: 1856786543456787654.jpg (640x507, 78.51K)

Are all of you shills? The soykaf's in the drinking water, and only trace amounts are needed to disrupt courtship. Here you are talking about prescriptions, but the fact is ALL of us are drinking it

100% agree with you. I had boomer parents and they were big on the antidepressant bandwagon. I was in a bad job, between realtionships, in a boring shitty spot and they were touted to me as a cure all. Was told to try them, if they worked great, if not stop taking them. Shortly thereafter I took a job which was physically intense, had to wake up at 5am, due to the physical activity I doubled if not tripled my food intake, and due to being exhausted fell asleep at 9pm to wake at 5am. In 2 weeks I felt like gold. However the lingering side effects (((sexual dysfunction))) of anti-depressant use over 2 months lasted a very long time at the age of 27.

Guess what antidepressants tend to fuck with?
The ability to rationally cope with anxiety.
Guess what automatically has a fuckton of stress and anxiety by default?
Having offspring along with the responsibility it brings.

The only people I ever see making this strawman statement are people who are behaving exactly like Jews.

Almost missed this too:
I never see anyone using this on Zig Forums who isn't a TRSodomite.

sure, you're intelligent, but not smart, you're educated but not wise, face it, you're (((jewed))) and I suspect a female with a background in health care. All you are doing is parroting BS you've learned over the last 10+ years

Funny how they give these drugs for a "brain chemical deficiency of serotonin" but yet they have no quantitative method to assess whether or not this is the case for a given patient and they have no capacity to adjust dosage except for just fucking trying shit out. And if the drugs don't work they tell you to go to therapy, but if I had a fucking chemical imbalance that necessitates drugs to adjust, how the fucking is talking to some random fucking person going to adjust my chemical imbalance?

Imagine going into a diabetic coma because the doc told you to eyeball your insulin dosage and then being told to just exercise.

I have zero respect for the field of psychiatry because they constantly prove they don't really know what the fuck they are doing. They are basically the economics of medicine. A total fucking joke to the respectable fields unfortunate enough to surround them.

Alex was right! You need a good water filter to protect yourself and family from the pharmajew. Permavirgin nerds take note!

Good to hear things worked out for you.
I had a similar experience to yours, and the SSRI's just made things all the worse.
Things finally turned around after I 'decompressed' my lifestyle in addition to my aforementioned tips.
If only more people knew how simple the solution can be…

Good post lad. The simple truth is that far inferior groups with far less knowledge are completely immune to depression. Now there's a small argument to be made regarding 'ignorance being bliss'; but this user has the right of it - WISDOM is what we lack today. Throughout the vast majority of history we have been led by wise people, and mythical 'wise men' of every culture are near universally acknowledged for giving 'quests' to the confused. The quest gives a purpose.

Depression comes from having a lack of purpose. It all boils down to that. We are so coddled today that we do not even have to provide for our own basic needs; we are given free trading goods in the form of welfare, free food, free healthcare, free education and we are taught that the good things in life will come to us; we have had our faith undermined and ruined, our cultures destroyed, our families broken apart and our nations and ancestors besmirched. We are without identity and without purpose; and that leads to a lack of motivation, that leads to a general sadness, that leads to 'depression'.

The sad thing is that without rebuilding our nations, our communities, our Churches and our families; and without gaining skills or even a requirement to do SOMETHING to survive (even if it just walking a couple of miles a day with a vase on your head); we will not be able to fix everyone. We happy few on Zig Forums have a purpose and so long as we dedicate ourselves to it - we will be happier. I am sure many of you have felt this, even if afterwards it did all fall away and you gave in to despair once more - but while doing your bit and serving a purpose; you were happy and motivated. You know I'm right. The 'wisdom' is right there for us all to see; our ancestors left us a guide to happiness. All we need to do is stop thinking that we are smarter because of our stupid 'intelligence'; and acknowledge what they taught us.

Look up Sluggish Schizophrenia and Drapetomania, psychiatry is fake and gay pseudo science to target 'demographic liabilities'. USA targets Whites, especially boys, since most subhumans are considered retarded and mentally ill by default.

Attached: inventor of adhd face.jpg (220x264, 13.34K)

I'm the one constructing a strawman? The dude straight called me a jew for merely having a different viewpoint. All that nigger is doing, like the majority of people in this thread is going "gas the pharmaceuticals drug war now!" like it's some type of legitimate fucking argument. How do you expect me to respond to that type of low-brow shit?

Fucking faggot.

Wrong, nigger. Just a fashy goy who knows the subject matter.

I'm sympathetic to many of these sentiments. The chemical imbalance theory is outdated and I expect future drugs to primarily target 5-HT receptors. I don't personally believe in therapy, but generally the idea behind it is to learn to control your thought patterns and escape negative feedback loops. It's essentially about attempting to change your neurology through sheer force of will.

Attached: Depressed.jpg (299x199, 48.58K)

I agree with everything you said except that his post was good. Regardless of genetics, young men wouldn't be developing these problems in a healthy society.

I watched a documentary some time back (don't remember which one) that stated MDMA (ecstasy) was the strongest SSRI compound known to exist, and since it was discovered in 1912, no pharmaceutical company would have exclusivity; legalization of MDMA would basically crash the big pharma SSRI market.

Happiness is to be content.

Fundamentally, loneliness and fear of the future is the desire to have progeny. That feeling has been transmuted by marketing companies to buy garbage and to waste your time with frivolous glories in an endless quest for (((self-actualization))).

ban reproduction

Did you ever notice a trend in between jewish people to advice each other to not drink tap water?

Attached: think think.jpg (500x500, 110.89K)

Chemical imbalance theory isn't outdated; it was a fraud from day 1

If you chopped your balls off, you'd have a lot less anxiety and depression.
All feelings flow from the wellspring of life and death.

SSRIs didn't exist back then and MDMA shrivels your brain.

Your shit's all retarded.
>healthline.com/health-news/brain-scans-could-change-how-depression-diagnosed#1

Attached: dsfasd.png (400x261 505.33 KB, 18.38K)

Water fluoridation is banned in Israel so you tell me goy.

FLUORIDATE ISRAEL!

NEVER FORGET THE 192,000,000 TEETH!

Medical waste released through sewage is a huge problem.
Not only for animals, but for humans too.
All that estrogen…
All those fucking shitty psych drugs that kill your spirit, forced into your body by tap..

Visited a sewage treatment plant a while back and someone asked about how they get rid of medical waste. The bitch in charge obviously pretended she didn't hear the question and moved on.

I got put on SSRI's before /pol existed. If I miss a day without them, it feels like consciousness zaps in-and-out. What do?

Dumb-fuck, I had therapists try to thrust antidepressants onto me multiple times throughout my childhood. Therapists I was forced to go see not because I showed signs of depression, but because of shit around me. Hell, I skipped school and was forced to go to youth detention center (nigger worked my case and fucked everything up), and a therapist I was forced to see tried to give me antidepressants. No one I have ever met thought I was depressed. I've never in my life had a single thought about harming myself. I've never in my life felt hopeless. I'm not depressed. They give this shit out like candy. I never fucking took the pills. Fuck them. Every other kid these days is deemed "depressed."

It's just one of those things your body gets so used to taking, it relies on it, but you should be able to taper yourself off.
Try taking 1 capsule every other day for a week, then 1 every 2 days until at the first time you take once a week and stop completely after.
Honestly, it could be done even faster than how I mention it. It's rarely like benzodiazepines where people can have seizures from withdrawal.

This was by design

Reminder that female birth control pills remain in the water supply and emasculate human males.

Nonwhites aren’t people. They don’t matter. And they’re EXPLICITLY not being affected because jews want whites outbred.

Here’s a good documentary on fluoridation.

while they promote sex? while they profit from more people existing?

Always Relevant

I am on antidepressants it it changed my life for the better… everyone will react differently. If you eat a shitty diet, drink alcohol regularly, or don't exercise; then the medication is not in full effect. Most medication is indicated for healthy individuals who otherwise experience ACTUAL trauma (violence, rape, death, abuse, etc) or other head injuries.

There's no secret to getting laid.
and I can't stress this last one enough:
Always have something better to do

my parents flush them right down the toliet

hands_rubbing.gif

everything's fine Goy. take your (((doctor's))) advice, since xer is a trained medical professional who is using proven hard science to treat your Master Race infection. it's all part of the (((Plan))) to induce mass infertility in you wyte pipo, by poisoning you with The Chemical Jew. the spike in suicide rates after your SSRI prescription fries your dopamine pathways, and knocks your instinctual pleasure-survival incentives off track is just a bonus to kill off those of you who were too weak to reproduce. and feeding SSRIs to your kids because they rebel against our conditioning in our sterilized industrialized factory school assembly lines is another bonus.

Attached: 03.png (750x739 578.48 KB, 128.9K)

they promote sex, not baby making

"Meanwhile, instead of courting them, males were more likely to chase, peck or claw the female starlings on Prozac."

On Prozac she is probably a bit sluggish and slow to react.
He probably figures she's sick.
Animals drive away the sick members of their kind by nature.

Attached: Starling.jpg (660x439, 66.33K)

With some very minor exceptions Major depression is a vit d, zinc, b12/3/6 magnesium and alcar deficiency, along with lack of physical fitness and a reduced intake of diatary fats and too many carbohydrates.

That's literally it. All recent studies support this approach but because trigglypuffs are fat lazy fucks and minerals cant be patented they eat zoloft like candy.

-former pharmaceutical tech

Those pills MAKE you depressed

Betas feel bad already, I wonder how much worse they would feel if their "PUA" gurus told them the actual truth?
The actual truth - don't mouse over if you're a beta, you have been warned:
alphas (an alpha is simply a man that a woman selects as her first choice in a group of men, due to him having characteristics she finds appealing - normally tall, well built, confident, nice calm guy), I say alphas, you've been told they have these special secret skills, they have their 'game dialled in', they understand how to 'hold frame' etc etc. I'm telling you as a 6`2 fellow with traditional 'masculine' build - that's all bullshit. I've never had to approach a girl, when you're desired, the women do the chasing. So if you even have to think about 'how to ask a girl out' you're already far from alpha (which again, ONLY means women choose you first), and will never come close to the situation where women are approaching you wherever you go - literally driven wild and unable to restrain themselves any longer. Your PUA guru will never tell you this, because it is so demoralizing and bad for sales, because it reveals the truth - there is no secret method, it's 99% in the genes, sorry guys

This is true but I'll add that it's not as great as it sounds. I got bored with women and took them for granted because they didn't represent any challenge. The PUA stuff was always really cringey and tryhard. "I'm a goblin and I get ladies all the time!" I'll also add that I'm relatively short so that 90% of the autists under 6' don't read that and hang themselves.

Attached: 1532051785679.png (393x393, 202.92K)

Back when I was more social it was the same. Women dropped hints and chased you.Granted I am manlet (5"11) but I'm not too bad looking and had a heart of iron and a good personality that girls loved above all else. No one could knock me and even if you sparked me out in a fight, I would still win because everyone would attack you for it. I was by no means a pussy either and was willing to stab or beat you with a blunt weapon, so girls liked that as well. I also had a goofy chilled side where it calmed people down who might think I was at a party or place to fight.

Going after girls is more of rural thing imo. Something your local sweetheart needs when she is minding her own business one day and you hope over to see her.

Attached: 1533223729082.jpg (500x476, 89.54K)

even ignorant 6 year old me knew tap water was shit.

Yeah but we already knew this. SSRIs kill libido. No libido = no drive/motivation.

Women are ever more entitled and hostile everywhere in the developed world (I travel a lot for business).

I don't need to take anti depressants to eliminate my courtship rituals.

And? You gonna post every interesting news article you come across?

Oh yeah? Share more, nigger.

Well….mineral deficiencies can lead to symptomatic depression.

Personally I supplement with Vit D, high Q fish oil, magnesium, zinc, and occasionally B vits; on top of my SSRI. The reason this works is because of deficiencies of these vitamins and minerals in your diet.

If you are actually not a jew shill, then stop supplementing and start eating food you dumb nigger.

This is 100% true. By most people's standards I'm a shutin, but anywhere I go on a regular schedule, there's a chick whom you can expect to smile the moment I enter the room. If the women around here weren't completely drugged up whores I'd have had kids by now.

I do both. Nothing I take is excessive, or meant to be a replacement for a proper diet.
You guys are starting to argue like leftists, and this worries me. You should be able to address arguments using sound and valid logic, not ad hom.

Ignoring the argument doesn't make it go away Schlomo. Food contains everything you need. You are advocating that people choose not to eat food, and instead eat hebrew brand GMO soy pellets, and then buy hebrew brand "supplements" that are more often than not just toxic shit tossed in capsules.

Attached: 1408280290782.gif (501x585, 212K)

nearly any guy can get to the level you are describing. Its more to do with presence(confidence+attitude) and fitness. The reason the so called alpha/beta divide exists is because boys are not taught by their fathers to become tough so they spend their entire lives turning into doughboys who cant even talk to girls. They then get depressed and fall into cycles of self destruction worsening their situation. The so called genetic factor is not relevant to probably 80% of men. Demoralising faggots like you cunts should neck yourselves.

Attached: 1399441760062.jpg (670x554, 389.5K)

heartiste.wordpress.com/2018/08/07/the-rewards-of-maga-shitlordery/

Salvini is a fat goofball but his fiancee is extremely attractive. Looks and genes might explain 60% of attraction but there is a bit more to it than that.

stop masturbating and watching porn.

also two pics related about jewish well poising history. never let a jew have access to your water

Attached: jewish well poison 2.png (386x567 22.54 KB, 80.57K)

Do you faggots just regularly make shit up? Mike Tyson (the retired boxer) went on record stating he was on zoloft right before sperging out.

You missed his point completely. He was saying he only sees those people say 'normie' - as in the word. As in: non-TRS/Redditors just say 'normalfag' as has always been the norm until these homos spread everywhere.

Nature (what you're made of) and nurture (knowing how to act) are both relevant dumbass

Neither one is everything and either one can screw you over if it needs work. What you're ignoring is that as men we can work on both aspects. Beef up and learn to act like a better man and you do better with women.

Also sorry to hear you're a filthy kike.

I'm the gorilla dick pussy god. I make dyke pussy wet. You got about 10 seconds to show me that hole, because this gorilla dick daddy's hungry. And if you don't blow me right, I might kill you.

5'11" manlet reporting

I have to say after almost a year of working out with free weights, and heavy resistance bands, and body weight ex, it has done wonders for my overall outlook on things.

Building strenth has so many benefits, one of them being your resilience to injury. I am convinced that if I hadn't been working out my water skiing accident may have resulted in spinal cord damage……

All cause mortality reduction, you should be exercising! everyone!

Attached: kruger.jpg (1592x896, 515.29K)

this is true, but that 1% actually contains some wiggle room
PUA stuff can work, but for me the easiest way was always drama and savagery
Warning blog post
The way manlets or betas can get women chasing them instead of having to chase women is actually very simple:
You must find a way to encact an extremely primal display of manliness that shows your inner beast and also makes you the center of gossip and drama for a week or two
For example, when I was the new kid at school one of the "tough" kids from one of the gangs called me out, so we had a fight in the park after school with a crowd of about 200 kids watching.
I went beserker fury on him and battered him so badly he looked like he had been savaged by a pitbull, meanwhile he didn't land a single punch on me.
Word got around and for the next two weeks I had at least 2 or 3 girls every day that had never spoken to me before coming on to me, partly because they had heard I was a brutal savage and partly because I was the subject of the latest gossip.
Another time, working in a store, some junkies tried to steal some stuff and when I confronted the guys, the girl punched one of my female colleagues to cause a distraction.
I left the guys to go be a white knight and grabbed the female junkie so she couldn't keep punching my colleague but as I picked her up one of the guys (her boyfriend I guess) attacked me and then his buddy joined in.
I went beserk again and fought them off, both guys and the girl (viscious cunt threw metal shelves at the back of my head)
I don't know if you've ever punched heroin addicts, but they don't really feel pain so it's quite hard to beat them conclusively.
Anyway I went savage again and eventually they all ran off empty handed.
Meanwhile all the other staff were hiding out back watching but not wanting to get involved.
Again, in the following couple of weeks, I was center of attention, and all the female staff were way more friendly and flirty than ever before.
I am an average looking manlet, but that is irrelevant in certain circumstances.
You have to work harder, but if you find a way to spark the same kind of primal attraction that the 6'2 alpha does just by walking in the room, women WILL chase you.
Women respond to savagery in a primal way, it is in their genes to select winners who will be able to protect them and their offspring.
Even if they protest and say they don't like that kind of guy their pussy doesn't lie and still gets wet as fuck for him.
And women will always want to be with a guy who is center of attention, manlet or not.
Do you think Napoleon or Alexander the Great had any trouble finding women who were attracted to them?

Genes affect confidence.
Genes affect the necessary intelligence to discover and adopt a more attractive personality.

they profit more from stupid non whites. faster to import them then to wait 18 years for a baby to buy their products

The chemicals are in our community water due to piss and pill dumping.

Neither or you know the meaning of manlet

Attached: 1524957457933.jpg (385x385, 27K)

First you have to find a girl that hasn’t been culturally enriched and isn’t a fucking degenerate.

Enlighten everyone.

It's not a serotonin re-uptake inhibitor. It is a serotonin releasing agent, among other things. It is exceptionally powerful and useful in a constructive clinical setting.

This is true to a point. You need to be presentable. If you are presentable then some positive results may be elucidated with a bit of dedicated grinding.

A manlet is someone 5'6 or under, someone 5'7 to 5'11 is average, anyone over that is tall