Canadian Cultural Exemption Clause in NAFTA

EXEMPT CULTURE?

A lot of articles and televised about this up north this week. I'm trying to understand what the impact of absence v presence would be. I think this might have something to do with Canada taxing the US-based Netflix so it can't compete with local stuff like Rogers? In which case I don't fully understand the concern since Netflix is moving towards extreme-leftist content rivaling Canada's.

I guess the concern would be is without tariffs on US content, it would be available at a lower price and more Canadians would watch them. I somewhat understand this: I don't want to pay for the top-tier cable packages (which are the ones with a lot of the more interesting American toons) and have in the past flipped around and resorted to watching the low-budget toons on Aboriginal Peoples Television network. I probably wouldn't have done that if caught up watching the American toons I would have preferred.

On the other hand, I've seen American TV shows like Arrow/Flash/Legends on basic channels like CTV/CBC so it's obviously getting here, whether or not we tariff the sale of that content. If even the free government-sponsored channels have American TV shows, isn't this basically just a cash grab? IE they want to keep charging high fees so that occasionally, our public channels might buy a Canadian show, but still the major channels will be mostly American programming?

If we wanted to be ridiculously nationalist about our TV then we could just ban non-Canadian shows on the government-funded channels. IE withdraw government programming if the channels ever show non-Canadian content. They don't do this though, because it would cause the format to fail. It would be non-competetive garbage and consumers would just ignore the free channels and pay for the non-free channels.

Due to that, is why I think they want these tarrifs, so that the non-free channels will be so expensive that they would not be affordable to Canadians. The only possible way American TV could be affordable by the masses in this system is via the free channels, and then American distributors must negotiate directly with the government-funded groups about what is ==acceptable== instead of negotiating directly with consumers.

This is MILK all over again. Taking choice away from the consumer. Artificially increasing prices for quality and putting that increase in the pocket of the government to help fund the welfare and social justice programs.

I mean hell, I actually like Wapos Bay and Guardians Evolution, but just because shows like this are so unpopular that they couldn't exist without government grants and overpricing the competition doesn't mean the shows MUST exist. There's got to be other more honest ways to encourage versatile content than unfair censorship and trade interference. Spreading awareness of these shows or the possibilities of these shows should be done on a voluntary basis, on the dollar of those who want to see it not the dollar of the nation.

Attached: CanSpeak.jpg (202x152, 3.96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sputniknews.com/amp/world/201809081067865784-canada-pm-trudeau-diversity-entropy/
web.archive.org/web/20180909194113/https://www.spencerfernando.com/2018/09/07/watch-justin-trudeau-said-more-diversity-is-a-form-of-entropy-entropy-is-defined-as-lack-of-order-or-predictability-gradual-decline-into-disorder/
nextchan.org/pol/thread/566/#567
voanews.com/a/report-canada-us-make-progress-on-nafta-no-deal-yet/4593209.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I thought Trump was just leaving without Canada after last weeks Friday deadline. Kek. Such a cuck.

Why do you own a TelAvivision, user?

why are you watching so many cartoons on tv? is it illegal in canada to use the internet for what it was designed for; watching cartoons?

Attached: fucking lea-.jpg (466x720, 33.04K)

Trump has so far taken tough stances on NAFTA, but congress may not vote to accept a deal with Mexico without Canada included so it's not like he's ruled it out or anything, he just wants fair terms, like letting Idaho sells its milk. AFAIK he hasn't commented on this (((Culture))) Exemption.

It's already entered. It's already reshaped. As bad as Netflix is getting, the culture in Canada is possibly worse. It's so infected that the only fix is to tear it all down by allowing fair access to media from other nations (like Japan and US) to put it out of business and force Canada to make decent content that people actually want to see.

e3ff31, I do not pay for our TV service, I have always refused to. I just watch it because it is free. My mom pays for it.

Personal reasons:

This probably resembles some sort of addiction.

But anyway guys, this thread is about Canadian insistence on a cultural exemption clause to unfairly tax imports of foreign media to pay for gibs for psuedorefugees and fund stuff like 16 Hudson so children will see 2 dads and mixed race couples being happy. I don't care how cute Lili is, that's just degenerate.

sounds like you got a bunch of excuses for degeneracy user but im no one to judge. way we see it in burger land is pic related

Attached: balls.jpg (960x810, 101.82K)

To be fair, I'm watching Better Call Saul and Frankenstein Chronicles on Netflix now because she's paying for that too. I keep insisting she shouldn't waste the money and we should just cancel the TV but she persists so I may as well use it.

Overheating is not an excuse, it's a valid reason. AC is never on enough in summer and heat is on too much in winter, my room is baking at 30 degrees, that's 86 Fahrenheit for you.

The only decent time is early Spring/ lateAutumn when nothing is on and I can open the windows at night, close them in day. All the heat in this house drifts up to my room so I can't use my comp. That's why I use her laptop to browse Zig Forums instead.

Anyway, stop derailing the thread, this isn't about generic Trudeau bashing it's specifically about the issue of ==Cultural Exemption== in NAFTA talks

Can someone with the memetic skills please photoshop hockey helmets onto Canada's parliament people? I nice big full whatever we call that fucking room shot, with all of those spastic little retards wearing hockey helmets. Maybe shoop bigger helmets onto the towelhead members as well? I don't vote so I don't feel as bad about this but we're so fucking nigger-tier that we didn't even get a government. We got a special-needs daycare centre. Please make my meme come true.

then they would look badass
put some american football helmets on them if you're going for the retard look canabro

forgot pic

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (310x163, 95.26K)

I'm from the early 70's. The potato kids always went around with their hockey helmets on when they went out of the house. Maybe it's just a Canadian thing. Hockey helmets and the full-face wire grid, for their safety.

heh. interesting. i guess every country uses different helmets for its retards.
sage because im derailing the thread again

I just want my parliament full of tards pic.
and saged as well

I need a source for that leaf in the pic

I dont even know user, i've had it in my image folder for years now always ready for any maple leaf related threads

Yes, (((culture))) has gender quotas in leafland.

Milk is about the Montreal mob and Saputo. This is just kikes kiking.

Congress won't be voting on it until the new year, and if they vote it down, NAFTA dies anyway.

No, it's about (((you))) perpetuating the generic mom's basement stereotype, now that I look closer.

t. actual broadcasting veteran, hated MAPL and CANCON quotas in radio and doesn't watch the electric jew at all now

Attached: 3bfda85aac241c37a68a259e20edd5f8bd8104d432bf3f891e3df20a29217e2f.jpg (900x600, 73.93K)

Attached: impala.jpg (480x360, 30.92K)

I unfortunately live in in Canada and I don't know or care to know about Canada, did it ever have it's own national identity? When I think of a Canadian I think of beer, hockey chinks and poos, never had it's own national identity it's always been cuck paradise. How was Canada when it first gained independence? I can't imagine it was ever a good country, I'd argue it's one of the worst country to ever exist. I've never had such disdain for a country other than israel. I want to fucking nuke it.

>Trump has so far taken tough stances on NAFTA, but congress may not vote to accept a deal with Mexico without Canada included so it's not like he's ruled it out or anything, he just wants fair terms, like letting Idaho sells its milk. AFAIK he hasn't commented on this (((Culture))) Exemption.
Its within Trumps power to break the NAFTA deal (by giving 60-90 days notice which has already happened) and sign a bilateral with mexico. What he really wants is for canada to bend on anything then he proclaim its the greatest deal on the planet.

Canada in a nutshell: Hockey, Beer, Maple Syrup, Constant English/French arguments, all out cucking for the queen.

Attached: 1500334831660.png (1861x1081, 284.6K)

whyat's the deal here? jews already have a stranglehold on broadcasting tv and radio anyway.

How about you stop watching television entirely, you cuck? Or are you too busy to get to the synagogue, and Talmudvision is the next best thing?

I'd grant an exemption for that export.

And anons wonder why they are depressed.

Yeah, really, holding out to help (((california))), I'm not real on board with that. Or the (((bankers))). Don't really give a shit either. I think trump is just holding out on those as bargaining chips. He will make them back down on milk and lumber, but will cave on TV/news/banking. I mean seriously, these fucking "too big to fail" banks will just get bigger and we will end up bailing out canada too. Fuck that.

Which nation did you mean user?
Are you first nations? Sioux nation?
Canada is a country that has many nations within it, as well as a hell of a lot of racemixing.

TOP KEK

Attached: dude weed.JPG (589x338, 48.01K)

Why would you want to watch western cartoons, user?

Attached: 4416a350684e4e81f3fca9e57ba6a5a7f1326fa30af36bff7c6db875d36b3761.jpg (1024x572, 47.14K)

Attached: tron guy.jpg (183x275, 9.49K)

These are bretty accurate. as a burger, trailer park boys is the most valuable canadian export to me.

kek!
i stand corrected.

hmmmmmmmmm

Considering that China is now offering the Belt and Road initiative to my country this is obviously a signal by Trudeau that he's accepted it. Fucking god damned ants, taken over New Zealand and Australia and we're next. I wonde rhow many of you fucks realize the reason the US can't pull out of the middle east is because of China.

We already told you no NAFTA.

Attached: WhiteOut.jpg (1024x682, 336.04K)

No its because the kikes need an army and their faggot population would get their shit pushed in without the goy patrol.

this will be one of those people without an inner voice because I can count at least 3 or 4 incidences when it should have been suggesting a rethink was necessary. these nutters must do this to themselves because they lack an inner circus to keep them amused.

Okay there, Rabbi.

Attached: whatcha doing there.jpg (688x456, 90.95K)

No, if I was living in the basement it wouldn't be a fucking problem. Basements stay cool. Heat rises. Being on the 2nd floor is the problem.

Milk is why we lost Maxim Bernier and only have (((Andrew Scheer))) to oppose Trudeau. Either way we lose.

Shows how little you know about us. Our national identity is basically that we are perceived as "nicer" and "more polite" than Americans. Basically our national ID is being cuck cowards. We are not actually independent. Queen is on our money and military must swear to serve her.

I wonder if Trump will fire back by banning Canadians from owning American companies. That would be hilarious. It's a silly restriction because all that happens is all these other nations become dual citizens. The only nations it actually keeps out are Japan (doesn't allow dual citizenship) and America (taxes foreign earnings)

Listen faggot the only Jewish stuff I watched was Dot. and she's only half-Jewish and there haven't been new episodes in months.

No, I'm pretty much a mutt of various English/Scottish/Irish or whatever the fuck. I don't know my dad's side because he didn't consent to reproduce. My mom's side is basically 50% welfare trash 50% government service trash who has minimal knowledge of family history or traditional aside from the occasional "hey I found this picture of the uncle of that aunt whose baking I really liked"

I settle for inferior forms of entertainment when driven down by heat exhaustion. But autumn has come… there are cool breezes… and if I can drop some body fat, a hot room will become more tolerable and I can get back to my roots.

it's simply protectionism under a different name, like when the EU wants to subsidize their farmers they invent wild claims about GMOs or swine flu or such drivel. and, keep in mind, this is probably primarily motivated to protect Canadian State television. add to that the fact that advertising has moved away from commercials toward "product placement" (of, generally, American-based consumer goods) in the actual programs themselves, and you get a pretty full picture of why the Canadians want to do this.

also, Trudeau is pwnd so he has to come up with some demand that he thinks Trump might concede in order to save face

It's not their fault, but being a frequent commenter on different websites, I find myself frequently coming across these people who just lack all semblance of rational thought, and I hate them so fucking much. I really do. Again, it's not their fault they're stupid, but I can't fucking stand them and I think they should be genocided. They're always so fucking confident while being wrong. It's infuriating.

But it is.
Most of the time the people you describe have a self defeating mentality.
They aren't more educated because they believed that it's too complicated, I can't do this, instead of putting any effort in understanding the problems that come to them, they just want the quick way out.

sorry can't resist this one
sputniknews.com/amp/world/201809081067865784-canada-pm-trudeau-diversity-entropy/

web.archive.org/web/20180909194113/https://www.spencerfernando.com/2018/09/07/watch-justin-trudeau-said-more-diversity-is-a-form-of-entropy-entropy-is-defined-as-lack-of-order-or-predictability-gradual-decline-into-disorder/

Fucked up his own talking point. Even the normies have gotta be getting tired of this ass clown

No, that is what the jews replaced our identity with when they erased our culture and history in the 60s. We had a real identity, and a real flag. Both were removed at the same time to make us "a post-national state".

Politeness isn't necessarily bad. It can be "gentlemanly" and refined, which just means you say please as your rack your shotgun. The problem has been that Canada has been drowned in waves of immigration and not allowed to develop naturally. Only in pockets too desolate and middle of nowhere for shitskins to immigrate to do you see the remnants of Canadian culture. Primarily the Maritime, but also in isolated rural communities in Eastern BC and Alberta. The "Newfies" (from Newfoundland and Labrador) are the source of the stereotypical Canadian accent, and they're the only folks that are still unapologetically racist and have a dislike of people "from away." And wouldn't you know it, the newfie fishing villages look like a white paradise.

Pics related.

Attached: 223657_ee766258f663d7197854a28a26328548cc515914.png_facebook.png (1024x678 154.73 KB, 292.06K)

I didn't say politeness was bad. I said the fake image of Canadians as just being polite Americans is a fake identity used to erase Canadians. You should learn how to read.

Also, newfies are not the source of the "stereotypical Canadian accent" at all, Minnesota is. Newfies don't sound anything like the "Canadian" accent. They are also not poor, and not racist. They are cucked to all hell because they don't have any shitskins so they believe the media telling them that everyone is the same. You can't truly hate niggers until you've had to live near them.

Albeit a fake image which many Canadians propogate, to appear non-threatening.

Zig Forums mods are thin skinned nigger clean it up polvol and put in the work you fucking faggot

Zig Forums mods are thin skinned nigger clean it up polvol and put in the work you fucking faggot

Apparently Castreau took time off of sucking Elton John's dick to have a trade agreement.

voanews.com/a/report-canada-us-make-progress-on-nafta-no-deal-yet/4593209.html

Attached: three faggots.JPG (900x509, 102.19K)

This politeness discussion is fascinating, interesting and novel, but what do you think of Canada's protecting its own media industries from the USA hollywood competitors?