Why is testosterone so heavily regulated?

Why is testosterone so heavily regulated?

Attached: 9357.jpg (1600x1067, 484.69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/DeepNutritionWhyYourGenesNeedTraditionalFood
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plastic
startingstrength.com/articles/barbell_medicine_sullivan.pdf
australiansteroids.com/
steroidsourcetalk.org/
steroidsourcetalk.org/mybb/
reddit.com/r/steroids/wiki/index
reddit.com/r/steroids/wiki/trt/list
nebido.com/en/hcp/research/testosterone-tools/conversion-tool.php
anabolicmen.com/plastic-testosterone/
sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/06/120623144944.htm).
s649.photobucket.com/user/hotzcatz/media/IMG_6789.jpg.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

So Switch sales go up.

Attached: 1517788234560.jpg (193x260, 14.81K)

What do?

Gives you energy and makes you think clear.. next you know, you're part of the revolutionary force..

can't you get treatment?

I had low t but I didn't get any treatment because I was "still in the clear", yet they have no problem injecting 14 year old boys with estrogen though
really activates my almonds

Attached: testosterone increase.png (1920x1080, 1.81M)

I got no T but I got a lot of heroin so its ok

You're already doing it, by not feeling.

Only came in this thread for this.
Cheers.

Because (((Sports)))

I bet this works too.

webm related-

Attached: tap.webm (700x394, 4.91M)

Checked and kek'd.

Go back to the kitchen

When faces with any sort of health issue, there's a few things you need to look at
1. Am I poisoning myself?
2. Am I consuming calories and starving with a full stomach, or am I obtaining true nutrition (the things a body needs not just to survive but thrive)?
3. Does my environment and lifestyle allow me to have a healthy body and mind?

The immediate thing you can do is cut all added sugars and most of the carbohydrates/grains out of your diet, even if they are considered "healthy". Sugar is a hormone disruptor. You don't have to go full keto, but try to stay under 100 grams of carbs, which is when the chemically negative aspects of sugars start being apparent. Doing this alone will help the majority of people with erectile dysfunction.

I would recommend reevaluating your diet, because you are a chemical system and food is the single biggest way you chemically interact with the world. This is the first edition of what is probably the best health book around.
archive.org/details/DeepNutritionWhyYourGenesNeedTraditionalFood
I highly recommend reading chapter 8 and 9 first to understand how to stop poisoning yourself.

Coupled with things like this you may not be cured, but you'll absolutely be much better off than before.

Are you actually a female? If not, fucking exercise and lift weights.

Attached: Unamused Baiken.jpg (1280x720, 104.65K)

Apply for a job at Buzzfeed, you'd be hired without an interview.

i had none, so i found a doctor to prescribe a T cream. Use it whenever i need to do heavy lifting work. works a dream. I get cranky, tho

Reminder that not only have "regular" testosterone markers been continuously lowered for years, but also testing companies find averages by comparing you to other tests that they have, so if you live in a low test area or lots of younger men are tested (because testosterone has been going down by 1% per year) you could have 200-400 and be completely normal according to "doctors".

You owe it to yourself to self medicate if your testosterone is low. You can also get it much cheaper by just buying it online.

Love that memory.

That's not how testosterone works, it's not a stimulant. You need to be using it regularly or else you are just fucking with your endocrine system.
Also you can't have literally zero unless your testicles shut down completely.

Doctors are such scum. They'd have to be to operate in the kiked up medical field. I basically don't trust anyone who's successful in any major field these days. You know they put up with, enact, and necessarily condone evil every day of their lives

Go on a test cycle asap, if your levels are that low even the jewed up doctors will give you a script for it. Eat better, sleep better, exercise. You probably also need to lose weight.

>Doctors are such scum. They'd have to be to operate in the kiked up medical field. I basically don't trust anyone who's successful in any major field these days. You know they put up with, enact, and necessarily condone evil every day of their lives

Attached: hrossthumbsup.jpg (720x960 28.23 KB, 556.88K)

go suck a breeding bull's cock and swallow his cum. you'll increase your T in no time

this is a thread of underrated importance, it took me years of trying to 'get hard' with fucked natural levels, and i struggled with depression and lethargy the entire fucking time
testosterone is fucking life

Attached: hross2.jpg (413x620, 65.67K)

I think Zig Forums gives too much credit to testosterone. Mine is low, and I've always been alpha as fuck.

Attached: 211de20c7389ed391dc56f56ca71bdde25796350b7da45dd16bb2a02461f1911-tech.png (511x714, 442.08K)

your bait is shit and so are you

being jewish doesn't count, (((you're))) just the recipient of unfathomable fucktons of nepotism and theft.

How old are you? Diet and exercise need to be on point (diet is much more important) and if that's not right fix it immediately. See /fit/
If you have money and medical care get script for testosterone from doctor. Otherwise you can easily buy what you need online.

any tips on getting T without getting v&?

walk into your nearest gym and ask the bigboiis about getting some testosterone enthanate

Behind gyms are the only way I've heard of to be reliable.

kill jews until the water stops containing xenoestrogens.

you have to kill all the chinks and niggers dumping plastic trash in the rivers and oceans

Just get away from all the crap they've been feeding you from the time you were born.
We've had loads of threads on this very subject, you have no need for test, you can manufacture all you need.
Your test is being inhibited by processed foods and plastics, as well as the crap they put in your water. And if you're on any drugs the "experts" claim you need, GET OFF THEM.

The best way to raise test is to lift. "Hard times create hard men" is completely true, the tougher your physical existence is, the more your body will react and adjust to it.

If you REALLY want to wonder why they've made a hormone illegal, you would be better off looking at HGH for the elderly. Tests done in the 80's indicated that many of the diseases of old age could be alleviated and even cured by the introduction of HGH.
This, however, would depress drug sales for the drugs used to "treat" the symptoms, and it also has to do with HGH being in the public domain, you can't patent it.

But you can increase your test on your own, and doing so keeps your body in chemical balance. Introducing outside test shrinks your balls and causes your body to produce less of its own, because it doesn't need it.
The answer is to live a lifestyle where your body DOES need more, and to get rid of all the outside crap that suppresses that production.

Attached: Hope.jpg (1000x1000, 113.91K)

you know nothing.
Use it in the morning and it shifts the balance between t3 and rt3 (thyroid hormone) which gives you more stamina.
Increased stamina along with T helps build muscles.
I can feel when i need more, as my form starts to slip.
what testicles?

ideally you'd be right, but i fear much of the damage is irreversible
besides, if we're gonna do anything, might as well go whole-fucking-hog, horse-mode supermutant
t. straight outta mengale's labratory tbh

Attached: PSYCHOTIC AUTISTIC SCREECHING.jpg (352x360 358.55 KB, 75.28K)

Gross.

Charls is love.

Attached: Charles.webm (1280x720, 1.11M)

Where can I get safe testosterone then?
I know some people who are in the drug business but I'm not sure if they're willing to get it for me

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plastic
Plastic Fantastic.
Since you want to blame it on others, please consider choking on a piece next time you drink from a plastic bottle or use a plastic bag.

even women don't have basically 0 test, user

so u nuts dont get 2 deep

this is where it really requires some social skills, talk to the gymbros, see what everyone else is running
eventually you'll find a circle of guys that are into it and you're away
a lot of guys will team up & pool their money to buy in bulk, help each other out with administering & experience etc.
it'd be quite daunting to undergo alone at first otherwise

Unsaturated fats cause estrogen to accumulate instead of being filtered out by the liver. The modern diet of vegetable and see oils combined with xenoestrogens in everything is the cause of the modern soyboy epidemic. Stop eating all oils other than coconut and olive. The only other fats you should eat are animal fats. This will let your body start filtering out the accumulated estrogens. Avoid plastics, tap water, receipts, etc and you can reduce your exposure to estrogens to low enough levels that your body can filter them out if it isn't being poisoned with unsaturated fats. After 3 months you will begin to resemble a man, this is normal, do not be alarmed.

The proper route to go is to first get all the medical stuff ruled out to figure out why your test level is unusually low (brain tumor, testicular cancer, etc.) You don't want to just start injecting yourself if you have some kind of real medical issue that has to be addressed first. If you're under age 28 it's pretty unlikely that your levels would be super-low without some kind of real medical issue. If you're not a /fit/ bro you should become one right away (stop eating garbage, ride your bike places, lift weights). Download the Stronglifts 5x5 app and do that if you haven't already. Spend a few months on this health-kick stuff and see how it's working for you. If it's working great, your Testosterone levels will probably come up naturally on their own. If you've already done all the diet and exercise stuff for months or years and your levels are still low then you have to go the medical route. A web search for steroids source review forums will turn up dozens of websites that sell testosterone online (because all the bodybuilders use the stuff). But that should be your LAST resort after you do all the easy stuff first (Medical check to rule out serious diseases, fix diet, fix exercise.)

Also make sure you have your sleep on point. Sleep is hugely important. If you stay up all night online shitposting or lurking you're going to fuck up your hormone levels. Are you getting 8-9 hours of sleep regularly?

I had my GP check my testosterone via blood test recently.
Results were that I have 10 nmol/L Test. Where the normal ranges are 10-33.
So I am at the very lowest end of whats normal range.
Anyway he refused to write me a prescription for anything. Saying that "as a 21 year old man this isn't something to worry about".
Well I'm worried. I don't want low test as I'm aware of all of its benefits.
I live in Queensland Australia.
Do any of you know if there are doctors here that will prescribe test from these results?
Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

Attached: Test results.jpg (1920x1080, 403.68K)

startingstrength.com/articles/barbell_medicine_sullivan.pdf

Lifting weights is a huge thing too. If you're not hitting the weights, that's something you can start.

you'd need to go to a mens clinic, and they'll charge you like a hungry jew and only give you enough to get you back to kosher average levels

yes

they don't want the average person to realize all the sportsball players and celebrities they worship use massive amounts of steroids to look good and almost anyone can do it with access to the same drugs

The important question is "Are you waking up feeling rested?". Some people need more than 8 or 9 hours. Just get enough, whatever that is.

meh, allergies fuck me up pretty bad
I used to take meds but they just trade 1 symptom for another so I stopped taking them a while back

australiansteroids.com/
Quick web search turns up these guys, no idea if they are legitimate or not.

21 is very young to have low T / hypogonadism without something else going on.

Are you already doing all the healthy lifestyle stuff (diet, exercise?) Are you overweight or staying up all night on the computer?

If I were you, user, I would first try to find another doctor and figure out why the level is so low. Pituitary Adenomas are pretty common benign tumor that they can remove through the roof of your mouth in about 20 minute surgery
(from wikipedia) While pituitary adenomas are common, affecting approximately one in 6 of the general population, clinically active pituitary adenomas that require surgical treatment are more rare, affecting approximately one in 1000 of the general population.

Before you self-inject make sure you don't have pituitary adenoma.

In general, at age 21 diet and exercise should send your Test levels sky high.

steroidsourcetalk.org/

Where?

steroidsourcetalk.org/mybb/
happy pinning

Can also first try to supplement Zinc, Boron. If you are deficient in those it can give you low-T. I would guess you get plenty of sun in QLD but make sure your vitamin D is not low, too. If you never go out in the sun your vitamin D could be low.

Eat local raw honey. Local meat as well.

So doctors refuse IN COLLUSION with big pharma to dispense test? Does this mean that doctors need to die as well? The list is getting so huge…lugenpresse, politicians, government, doctors…

Thx user!

If the user is 21 he shouldn't have to
As much as it's a pain you need to find another doctor and first rule out all the stuff that could cause the Low-T. Also lifting weights and proper diet is an absolute (not optional) requirement. If you're not lifting weights already don't even think about injecting yourself.

You know the next step

find another doctor.. test until someone prescribes it

I'm not so sure that doctors need to die, it's more a case of them being trapped in a crappy system where they lose their jobs if they do what they should be doing. Fix the system and they can do their jobs properly.

He might not need bodybuilding doses.

reddit.com/r/steroids/wiki/index
reddit.com/r/steroids/wiki/trt/list

I highly recommend this subreddit. One of the best on the site, great memes and valuable info. Make use of it before it gets banned for "toxic masculinity" or some shit.

There's a simple solution to this complex problem: gas the kikes

oh btw don't know how much 33 is by european standards but where I tested 300 was the lowest limit, normal was 600 and high 900

By the way thanks for this book user, I'm only like 50 pages in and I can already see that it's great. It's blackpilled on lookism even though it's written by a femoid, this doesn't happen often. Paleo ftw

Fuck the (((norms))). Testosterone levels distribution in society follows the normal curve. All you need to do is google this curve and check what T levels correspond to about 80th percentile. Aim for that level as a golden middle, with lots of gain and minimal side effects.

nebido.com/en/hcp/research/testosterone-tools/conversion-tool.php
You can convert the units, Low T user is around 300 it sounds like.

Attached: Screenshot 2018-09-13 at 09.27.06.png (1541x951, 180.59K)

You got the story correct.

better diet, excercise, lift, be not a coward, be virtuous. To start with.

Something's fucking with you, it could be your water, your lifestyle, meds, or a ton of other things.
Methodically change the things you do and consume until you find what's harmful - don't stop there and keep it up, make "improving" your lifestyle.

doctors are not your friends

Nice

Is there any way to see what was considered high in the 80s? If levels dropped over time they would drop what is considered normal too.

Testosterone is androgen hormone that is crucial for the development of masculine traits within males. Testosterone levels are correlated with:

• Increased libido: testosterone is a sex hormone which has direct effects on your libido. Men with low libidos are often diagnosed with having low testosterone levels and are put on testosterone replacement therapy.

• Increased muscle mass: testosterone levels have a direct impact on the amount of muscle mass you can build. Generally men with higher levels are able to pack on more size on their frame.

• Increased bone density: Some studies have actually shown testosterone to play an important role in bone density.

• Decreasing chances of Alzheimer’s disease, various studies have shown low levels of testosterone to having being linked to Alzheimers

• Studies have indicated that low levels of testosterone might be linked with depression, many people who have suffered from low test levels have attested to the huge improvement gained upon increasing their levels.

A general trend has been observed by researchers of men’s testosterone levels lowering over the years. A big decline has been noted over the past 30 years. These changes are most likely the result of changes in the modern diet and lifestyle.

Now let’s go over 5 ways in which you can boost your testosterone levels naturally:
5. Exercise and lift weights

Men who exercise frequently are often associated with having higher test levels. Resistance training (using weights) has been noted to be the most effective method for building test levels up in the short term and long term. So if you want to boost your levels make sure you get on a good strength training program that has you doing big compound movements such as squats and deadlifts.

For beginners I suggest Strong lifts or even the Starting strength program my Mark Rippletoe. H.I.I.T Cardio which involves repeated bouts of high intensity work is often better for stimulating test levels than slower paced treadmill work. If you are doing some cardio choose to hit a bag or do barbell complexes over the elliptical machine if you want that test boost.
4. Minimize Stress and Cortisol levels

Long term stress whether from a boss who won’t give you a break, or unpaid bills can lead to increases in cortisol levels. High cortisol levels are devastating for test levels. Picture your hormones as kind of like a see saw. One of them goes up, the other goes down. You must do all that’s within your power to keep those cortisol levels down. Some things that you could consider doing to lower stress are:

• Meditation ( scientifically proven to lower stress)

• Deep Breathing ( as Elliot hulse says ‘breath into your balls’), sometimes “Deep breathing counters the effects of stress by slowing the heart rate and lowering blood pressure,” psychologist Judith Tutin, PhD, says

• Keep away from excessive use of stimulants, perhaps your 10 cups of coffee a day are having something to do with you elevated test levels, if you still want your man parts to work, perhaps it’s time you ease up on the caffeine.

3. Eat more fat

Sounds crazy doesn’t it? You have always been told to keep away from fat yet ‘dietary fat’ plays an important role in optimizing your natural testosterone levels.

A study published in the Journal of Applied Physiology found that diets with higher amounts of monounsaturated and saturated fats have been shown to increase testosterone levels.

There is a point of diminishing returns however, an appropriate level dietary fat for testosterone production should fall somewhere in the ball park of 25-40% of your daily calories. Play around with these numbers to see what works for you.

Some good sources of fats that you could add into your diet are:

• Avocados ( my personal favourite )

• Almonds

• Peanut Butter

• Olive oil

• Egg yolk ( do not be afraid of the yolk )
2. Increase the zinc in your diet

The mineral zinc has been known to produce a favourable environment for test production; if your levels are low you might suffer. Zinc can be easily supplemented with pills but for the best result make sure you try get most of your Zinc from real foods. Eat the following to increase your levels:

• Protein rich meats

• Fish

• Oysters

• Crabs
1. Get more sleep

This last one should be a no brainer, make sure you are getting a proper amount of sleep and are not walking around like a zombie. A lack of sleep has been shown to be detrimental to testosterone production.

Research at the University of Chicago recorded the sleeping patterns of healthy men and found that the subjects' testosterone levels increased the longer they slept. 7-9 hours was noted to be the best in order to optimize the testosterone response.

An important note: the quality of sleep might be more important than the quantity of sleep. To ensure that you are getting adequate sleep at night I suggest you:

• Have a come down period where you de-load and get away from high stimulus material such as television and the internet. Tim Ferris suggests reading fiction books before sleep to ease your mind.

• Don’t drink too much water before the bed, or you will ruin your deep sleep each time you have to get up and run to the toilet.

• Use a white noise machine or play some binaural beats to ease yourself into bed

So those are 5 ways in which you can boost your testosterone levels. Your testosterone is one of the most important hormones in your body. If you want to live the good life, it is your reasonability that you do all that is within your control to keep them levels high. Just remember, if you aren’t waking up with some oak wood every morning. There is work that can be done! Let’s begin.

Ask yourself - how much of what you consume has been in plastic?

Plastic is the tobacco of the 21st century. Problem is - you can stop smoking. You can't stop using plastic completely.

The first problem is a chemical group called phthlates. They’re used to make plastics soft and flexible, and as you might guess, they’re found in nearly all kinds of flexible plastics ranging from soda bottles to plastic bags. Phthlates are linked to delayed puberty, low testosterone, and feminine characteristics in various human and animal studies.

The second problem is a chemical called Bisphenol A or BPA. It’s also linked to low testosterone, increased estrogen, delayed puberty, and feminine characteristics in various human and animal studies (also explained in more detail below).

The third problem is that a huge list of chemicals used in the manufacturing process of plastic products are labeled as xenoestrogens, meaning that they mimic the effects of exogenous estrogen (female hormone) in the body. This includes the phthlates and BPA that I mentioned above, and also: PCBs, Bisphenol S (BPS), dioxin, vinyl chloride, styrene, phenolix, epoxy resin, PMMA, PTFE, and many many others…

anabolicmen.com/plastic-testosterone/

These are in your bottles, in your tubes of toothpaste, in your cheese packaging, in your food containers, in your plastic cups, cutlery and bags.

This Swedish study had 196 boys as subjects. The researchers measured phthlate levels from their mothers when they were still pregnant, and once the kids were 21 months old, their “anogenital distance” – which is a pretty solid fysical measurement of testosterone – was measured, to see if the phthlates had effect on the hormonal health of these 196 subject boys. The results were clear, the more phthlates the mother had in her system during pregnancy, the shorter the anogenital distance in the baby (the shorter the distance the lower the testosterone).

This study compared the men who worked at a chemical plant which manufactures BPA, to men who worked at a tap water factory. The results show that the men who worked in contact with BPA had significantly lower serum testosterone levels, and especially free testosterone levels, when compared to the tap water factory fellows.

In this study, the researches analyzed 18 different samples of bottled water. Eleven of the samples showed significant estrogenic response.
But does this affect your everyday plastic use?

In this study, the researchers tested 445 common plastic products to see if there was any estrogenic activity in them. 70% of the products induced significant estrogenic activity, and the number jumped to 95% when the products were altered to “real life” conditions, such as the microwave heat and putting them to dishwasher. Also note that many of the products in this study were labeled as BPA-free, yet they still induced estrogenic effects similar to BPA plastics.

Why isn't any government actively fighting this? Why would they?
Oh, and if that wasn't enough:

Billions are drinking water contaminated with plastic and US has it the worst, study finds

It's in your water.

Well you can look up studies from various dates.
IMO it doesn't matter, competition is relative, as long as your 8/10 or higher you're going to be the alpha male. If you're surrounded by low-T wimps, it doesn't take much to become better than them.

Testosterone Is Decreasing by 1.1% Per Year - The Science Of Why and How To Stop It (ISC's Science Discussion Series 1)

Purpose: Testosterone is steadily declining in an age-independent manner in Western men. A growing subset of TRP and the scientific community is becoming increasing concerned by this downward trend's consistency. In this essay we're going to take a look at the evidence for this trend's existence, explore where it surfaced, and talk about some possible solutions. Luckily, none of the solutions will involve eating a mysteriously named African root that's going to make your dick stop working.
Preface

This is the first in a series of posts which aim to facilitate community discussion of Mens' issues from a scientific perspective. You will be presented the relevant evidence, followed by my own speculation and thoughts. Regrettably, some articles can only be accessed with University credentials (paywall), so I'll quote the relevant information in addition to citing the source. I encourage everyone who can to play along at home.
Shit, This is Actually Happening…

So you've likely heard that sperm counts and testosterone have taken a nose dive (sometimes cited as up to 50%!) in the last 2 decades in Western men. Is this just an excuse by your 35 year-old single mother landlord to justify why "there's no good men left"? Unfortunately not. The claim arises from a landmark study, "A Population-Level Decline in Serum Testosterone Levels in American Men" by Travison et al [1]. Although research on this subject is sparse, this study is rock solid as I will explain briefly.

First, however, let's review testosterone in the biological context!
Endocrine Glands and Really Big Hands (I assure you there's no problem.)

The cells of the body exist over a large spatial area and, much like the workers of Tampon-Corp (for which I am a shill), have to find a way to communicate. If the CEO lives in the brain, or more accurately the hypothalamus and pituitary gland in this case, then he has to evolve multiple methods of information dispersal covering varying distances. If he wants to tell the cell next to him "You're fired!", it's simple, all he has to do is bleb some signaling molecules in that direction that binds the "fuck off" receptor. This type of cell communication is called paracrine and only affects local cells.

However, lets say the boss wants to tell the dick cell (technical term) to proliferate or grow so the brain can swing around a 3rd leg. In that case his message needs to travel a long way, ideally using a fast moving liquid highway like the blood stream. To accomplish this the master regulator of the brain, the hypothalamus, will send the pituitary gland cell some Gonadotropin-Releasing Hormone (GnRH), and the pituitary will then release two molecules known as Leutinizing Hormone (LH) and Follicle-Stimulating Hormone (FSH) into the blood stream. These bad boys will circulate throughout the body, eventually reaching the Leydig cells of the gonads causing the production and export of testosterone into your body. This phenomenon is known as a signaling cascade, and to be specific you've just learned about the Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Gonadal Axis (HPG Axis). Nice job, you now know more about the body than 90% of pre-med students.

Now hormones are exclusively signaling molecules and there's many complicated interactions wherein hormones trigger other glands to release a secondary hormone like above. Two of these derivative molecules are, of course, the sex hormones Testosterone and Estradial. Let's forget about estradiol for now because it makes you grow big, milky jugs.

Testosterone is a cholesterol-derived steroid hormone, meaning it has a very specific structure that allows it to pass through cell membranes, and this allows it to act on nearly every cell in the body, ultimately manifesting itself as the traits associated with sexual dimorphism. Side note: men and women respond to the molecule differently because they have different distributions of androgen receptors on their cells.

Now, Testosterone doesn't just float around in your body interacting with everything like Chad at the club. After it's synthesis in the Leydig cells of the balls, testosterone hops a ride on the protein components of the blood. A bit less than 1/3 becomes bound to serum albumin, while the other 2/3 hooks up with creatively named sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG), with about 2% of testosterone remaining unbound and free in the blood - known as free testosterone, which has the ability to enter into cells and act [2].

Now that we know how testosterone exists in the blood we'll be able to better understand how it's measured. Keep this in mind because different papers use different metrics like:

Bioavaliable Test - same as free test, 2% of total

Total Test - free test + test bound to serum albumin and SHBG

The Landmark Study

Travison, et al. conducted a longitudinal study on 1532 men living in Boston (so we already know their test will be lower than typical ayyy). A longitudinal study is when the same group of men (referred to as a cohort), provides multiple data points over some time course t. In this case, each patient had their serum (total) testosterone and free testosterone measured at 3 periods over the course of about 25 years from 1987-2003.

Now naturally, as you know, testosterone declines as age increases. However, by cleverly utilizing a longitudinal approach to this study the researchers were able to compare different subjects' T levels at the same chronological age. In addition, Travison, et al. trimmed the sample data to reduce individuals with absurdly low or high test (under 100ng/dl or more than 1200ng/dl, respectively), and utilized self-reported metrics of health to further weed out men who developed prostate cancers or other abnormalities that may contribute to changes in T levels.

Metrics used are as follows:

Chronic illnesses including Cancer, Heart disease, Diabetes, etc.

Depression

Prescription meds (by number - an unfortunant weakness of this study)

Education, Marital Status, and Socioeconomic Status

Weight, BMI, and hip-to-waist ratio

Cigarette smoking

Dietary intake (in cals & as grams fat/day)

Sedentary Activity (metric not specified here)

Results

After deconvoluting that wealth of data and working some statistical black magic, the researchers end up reporting the following metrics.

Each year past 55 due to aging T levels were reduced by 1.6%. When adjusted for all of the above self-report metrics the rate was a decrease of 1.1% / year.

Each year for the past 20 years, the T levels of men decreased 1.2% in an age-independent manner, adjusted for above metrics resulted in a reduction of 1.0% / year.

What this means is that testosterone in the men of this cohort was decreasing as fast (roughly speaking) from an unknown source as from regular aging. This is scary stuff my dudes. Now remember how we listed off those metrics? Well we did that because the age-independent T decrease is likely coming from a source other than those listed.

As an interesting aside, in my estimation it seems pretty clear that peoples conformation to those self-reported metrics accounted for a decrease of about 0.5% annually. Might be worth thinking about.

So now that we have taken a look at the data, it's time to speculate what could actually be causing this population-level T decrease. In my last thread many people voiced their concerns and theories about this, ranging from big brother "turning the frickin' frogs gay" for population control to the role that a sedentary lifestyle might play (sitting on your balls all day ain't too great for them. Look up cyclists sperm counts if you're interested).

All of the following speculation and data was found by querying Gulag Scholar with the terms: "Testosterone Decrease, Population Testosterone Trends, Sex Hormone Trends", among other similar variations, with a filter excluding any results published prior to 1990.
Metabolic Syndrome - Eat Like Shit, Feel Like Shit

One oversight of the Travison, et al. study was that they used Diabetes as a variable in their data but left out metabolic syndrome, also known as pre-diabetes. Pitteloud, et al. conducted a study in 2005 looking at insulin sensitivity (a metric of metabolic syndrome) in men aged 25-65 years old, as well as the functioning of their HPG axis, and subsequently, serum T. The researchers also looked at the effect the blood concentration of our sex-hormone binding protein fraction (SHPG) had on total T.

Pitteloud, et al. ultimately reported a SHBG and BMI-independent correlation between serum T levels and insulin sensitivity, where if you're less pre-diabetic then your T is higher. [3]

Furthermore, by administering a hormone that stimulated Leydig cell production of T, the study excluded some elements of the HPG axis including the roles of leutinizing hormone and GnRH. Corroberating this study is another, Kaplan, et al, that found an extremely strong correlation between BMI, metabolic syndrome, and decreased T levels - again independent of LH and GnRH [4]. If there is interest we can address insulin sensitivity and how to increase it in another post, as it warrants its own discussion and presentation.

Fuck that. Eat meat. Fatty animal meat and organs. Leave plants to the soyboys

Miscellaneous Other Things That Affect T
Alcohol Abuse

Yup. Ethanol is a testicular toxin my dudes, and it's actually a double whammy. By the way, abuse is defined in this paper as a history 3+ years with elevated markers of alcoholism. According to Maneesh, M., et al (2006), "Alcohol abusers had significantly lower plasma T with low LH and FSH" (the data shows a reduction of about 25%!) and "[ethanol] causes fertility abnormalities with low sperm count and impaired sperm [movement] in men" [5]. The authors attribute these negative effects to the destruction of Leydig cell function by super-oxide radicals (these are basically products of normal cellular function that have extra electrons and like to fuck your shit up on the molecular level).

Moral of the story here is that if you want to drink heavily for 3+ years you might as well just chop off half of one of your balls.
Fatherhood

Well this one was unexpected. However, in a study comparing 14 men who did not go on to become fathers with 28 men who went on to have a child, a marked reduction in T was seen [6]. Also notable here is that the dad's had lower cortisol levels, which I found quite odd, as well as higher levels of estradiol (female sex hormone). I'm not sure what to make of this but I'm hopeful that some colorful explanations and theories will surface in the comments.
TL;DR and Conclusions

So whats the truth? What's affecting T levels across the West?

In my estimation, the most likely candidate would have to be metabolic syndrome and pre-metabolic syndrome.

I know that everyone wants to jump to the conclusion that the drops found by Travison, et al. are the result of malice or intentional hormonal sabotage, and it certainly is fun to speculate about that and I even welcome that. Regardless, the conclusion that seems evident to me is that many smaller factors are chipping away at our T levels over time, and that currently the research just isn't there to identify all the factors.

Animals are injected with growth hormones.

I'm thinking you should go into the doctor and proclaim that you want to transition into being a man and demand testosterone… they'll give it to you or you'll sue them. Just say with zero T you currently are technically a woman but identify as a man and need some test.

The absolutely degenerate state of the Modern World: Doctors won't give it to you for medical reasons, only ideological reasons.

If cost is a problem you can go to privatemdlabs a website that allows you to get the blood drawn at a local doctors office and you get the results without your primary doctor knowing. IT ONLY COSTS $85!

Once you receive the score I urge you to try raising your score naturally. There are plenty of natural ways to raise test. Squats, eating red meat, eggs, more fats, zinc, etc. Don’t jump into TRT without doing research and talking to a doctor. Also, don’t treat yourself make sure you're under doctors care.

Before getting the test done I was 22 (142 lbs) under 10% bf. Very active going to the gym 5 days a week.

I recently went through the process of getting my testosterone looked at and I had a total t level of 320. Some say that you can naturally bump it up which I did try. However, after a few months, I decided to talk to a doctor and was put on TRT. My current dosage is 150mg every week and I feel great.

Some of the biggest changes for me were:

-sleeping through the night (used to wake up at 3 am every night)

-extreme sex dive

-more focus and energy

-higher drive and competitiveness

Physically I haven’t noticed a ton I’m obviously a lot more cut but not like steroids. You don’t automatically get ripped you just are able to put on muscle where in the past it was harder. You notice that you don’t get as sore that next day after a hard workout tho.

True but you can buy grass-fed meat from your local butcher

Here's some guidelines. Low T user should want to be at the top of the range, not the bottom of the range. High 20's or low 30's on his scale. His number is bad even for a 60 year old man.

Attached: testosteron-2.JPG (660x574, 122.54K)

Last year I went to an endocrinologist for the first time. I was 32 and wanted to know where my testosterone levels were. You’re probably aware that recent studies have shown declining testosterone levels in men that don’t correlate with normal aging reductions in test levels (sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/06/120623144944.htm). I wanted to see if I was part of that trend. My total test levels came back 663 ng/dl. My endocrinologist told me this was normal, but I wasn’t satisfied. I didn’t want to be just normal, I want to be better than that. I want my test levels as high as naturally possible. I got home that evening and set to work researching everything I possibly could about naturally increasing testosterone. I looked into supplements, exercises, diet and personal habits. I created a plan and decide I was going to cut out everything that might be holding me back and apply everything that might help; shotgun approach, I was 32 and didn’t have time to waste.
1 Getting Better Quality Sleep

So this is my biggest sin; I am a night owl. I couldn’t remember the last time I had slept more than 6 hours in a night. I frequently went to bed late (2am) and got up early (7am). It was never a problem for me. Unfortunately by doing this I was sabotaging my test levels. Sleep is when you’re body repairs itself and gets to work on creating sex hormones. This is why any good endocrinologist will schedule you for blood work early in the morning (this is when your test levels are highest). He also might tell you that if you aren’t waking up with an erection it’s a possible sign of declining testosterone. If you’re like me you will probably have a hard time changing this habit. Even if you put your body in bed at a decent hour your mind is going to be racing. For this problem I turned to supplements. There are a lot of products on the market that will help you with sleep; stay away from them. You’ll build a dependency on drugs like Unisom, and the packaged integrated herbal supplements are overpriced. After doing research I put together a cocktail of the following; 1 mg Melatonin, 200 mg 5-HTP, 120 mg Ginkgo Biloba, 600 mg St. John’s Wort. You can take this every night without any ill side effects or risk of dependency. I take this nightly and sleep like a baby. You’ll find that a lot of the pricier packaged herbal sleep aid supplements contain these ingredients. You can put together a one month supply of these ingredients for under 20 dollars by doing it yourself. Aim for 6-8 hours of sleep every night. Try to establish a routine that prepares your mind for rest. Your mind relies on cues more than you realize. By having a routine you’ll begin to rest more easily.
2 Eating the Right Breakfast

Another area where I was sabotaging my masculine health, breakfast. Most mornings I rushed out the door without eating. Maybe I’d have a drink of water, a nibble of cereal; not good enough. In the morning you want to eat protein rich foods. The go to food for breakfast and the food that’s going to supercharge your testosterone production has always been the egg. Not only are eggs a good source of protein but also amino acids which help your body metabolize protein chains, and cholesterol which is essential for increasing test levels. Eggs also will boost your immune system with Vitamin D. You may be concerned about cholesterol. I’ve been eating 4 eggs every morning for a year straight now and my LDL is 104 HDL 42. Eating eggs hasn’t had an adverse impact on my cholesterol, but you may be different. If you have cholesterol concerns just keep an eye on it. I also need to mention that if you can, buy free range eggs from a local farmers market. Store bought eggs will be lower in the protein and cholesterol you’re looking for and will have other inclusion you don’t want like estrogens and xenoestrogens. Store bought eggs come from chickens who are feed chicken feed which lacks the nutrients to create quality eggs for our purposes. Free range chickens eat worms, bugs etc. and are going to be more protein and cholesterol rich. A good way to tell a quality egg is by looking at the yolk. Yolks should be dark orange instead of yellow. They should look like the yolk to the left in this picture. s649.photobucket.com/user/hotzcatz/media/IMG_6789.jpg.html

3 Lift, but Do the Proper Lifts

There are a lot of posts here that stress the value of lifting as far as SMV and aesthetics. This is of course good advice, but if you’re looking to increase your testosterone through lifting you need to make sure you’re doing the right lifts. If you’re hitting the gym and doing 4 sets of 20 reps on minor muscle groups you’re not doing anything to help your test levels other than keeping your body fat down. To see testosterone gains you need to be doing the 3 core lifts at least 3 times a week, which is; squats, deadlifts and bench press. On the days you’re doing your core lifts aim for 3 sets of 5 reps. After a few weeks of this you should notice sizeable gains in strength. Before I started this routine my squats were pretty anemic. I am now about 150 lbs. shy of the 1000 lb. club. Doing these core lifts is going to supercharge your testosterone production and will also fuel your muscle building potential for your other lifts. You should notice better and longer lasting pumps etc. There’s a reason why you see slogans like, “Squat or Go Home,” it works. One of the guys at danger and Play did a post on other exercises that increased testosterone, but I can’t seem to find it at the moment. If I am able to find it later I’ll include the link in an edit to this post.
4 Thrill of the Chase

So this one is going to be a touchy subject for some, especially those in an LTR or marriage. There is a lot of psychology at play in testosterone production and the potential reasons for the documented decline in average test levels. It’s been summarized that today’s average man may have half the total test levels that his grandfather had at his age. A lot of things factor into that; diet, exercise and lifestyle. So now I am going to address that last one, lifestyle. Yesterday’s man lived a more hard scrabble life than we do. He was almost assuredly more active. He ate a better more natural diet high in fat and cholesterol. He didn’t spend a lot of his time in the concern of raising children or homemaking, and in contrast to what others would have you believe he probably cheated on his wife…a lot. There’s this funny feature about our mind and bodies, they have this built in kind of self-fulfilling feedback loop. If you’re at home raising children and doing laundry you’re signaling your body to reduce testosterone production. It’s not a valuable hormone for dealing with crying children and house chores. Conversely if you’re out chasing tail you’re telling your body to ramp up that test production because you’re going to need it. This is one of the benefits of plate spinning. Men who engage in plate spinning and are always pursuing new females are keeping the test factory working overtime. Guys who aren’t put the workers on furlough. I am not saying that if you’re in a marriage or an LTR that you should cheat, but you should probably be taking it to the point that you know you could if you wanted to.

Conclusion

I just turned 33 last week and went back for another checkup with the endocrinologist. I was glad to hear that my test levels were measured at 857 ng/dl and that I am bucking the trend by increasing my total test levels with age. My goal is to continue a steady increase in my test levels through my thirties and try and maintain or see a very slow decline through my 40’s and 50’s. Hope this has been a help to someone.

Yes. If it's under 600 most of your problems come from that.

there are testosterone clinics for men. usually not covered by insurance, but affordable. most of them have free consultations.
their target consumers are middle aged men.

cuz it would negate the estrogenation of the drinking water.

Go to a men's clinic. You will feel fucking great, motivated and pack on muscle and lose fat. TRT is great, I even look forward to my weekly needle.

This is mostly a bullshit meme. You aren't going to go from low to top quartile by doing all these things.

Nice stash. I'm jealous.

Great way to look like a narc. If he's low, he can do it legally.

Australia is legendary in how restrictive they are about prescribing T. Can you go to a private clinic and pay out of pocket? You could also consider going on clomid instead of injections. Search on "secondary hypogonadism".

The sick man is a parasite of society. In certain cases it is indecent to go on living. To continue to vegetate in a state of cowardly dependence upon doctors and special treatments, once the meaning of life, the right to life, has been lost, ought to be regarded with the greatest contempt by society. The doctors, for their part, should be the agents for imparting this contempt,—they should no longer prepare prescriptions, but should every day administer a fresh dose of disgust to their patients. A new responsibility should be created, that of the doctor—the responsibility of ruthlessly suppressing and eliminating degenerate life, in all cases in which the highest interests of life itself, of ascending life, demand such a course—for instance in favour of the right of procreation, in favour of the right of being born, in favour of the right to live. One should die proudly when it is no longer possible to live proudly.

dub dubs
i got the same book after it being recomended here on 8pol
great book
easy to read
easy to skim through her fluff and get to the good stuff

What it says in the book? Eat no sugar and processed foods?

Can't he get therapy in Mexico or Thailand or it's not safe?