Why do Brits all fall for obvious D&C?

So Indo-European people have lived in Britain for at least 10,000 years. For at least 8000 of those, there was no concept of England, Wales or Scotland beyond regions of a map. They were 'Britons', tribes of Celts (although 'Celts' were not a people per se, just a culture, like 'Western' today doesn't mean just one ethnicity).

People migrated around constantly, the tribes all knew each other, and there's evidence every tribe in Britain met up at Stonehenge, walking from as far away as North Scotland every year to see their tribal cousins.

Then between 55BC and 1066AD, the island was invaded by Romans, Scandinavians, Saxons and Normans (the last 3 are all Germanic). Various regions of the island warred against each other and the population mixed all throughout this time until the Anglo-Saxon was the everyman in most areas, remote areas were mostly still Briton and the upper class was mostly Norman. The British Empire became the most powerful empire in history and spread its language to every corner of the Earth.

So why do Scottish people think they're different to the English and vice versa? Why do we see ourselves as different nations? I don't get it. They're literally just regions with the same blood but slightly different histories, different accents and that's it. Just like places like Yorkshire, Cornwall and the South-East have different accents, histories and fought against each other in history. Why is that a basis for being a different nation when we all share the same blood, overall history and language? One faction was bound to conquer the whole island at some point, and obviously it was going to be the most populous region that did so.

Attached: Britishgirl.jpg (500x500, 53.52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=riwKuKSbFDs&t=2m16s
historyireland.com/medieval-history-pre-1500/a-nation-in-medieval-ireland-perspectives-on-gaelic-national-identity-in-the-middle-ages/
hrweb.org/legal/genocide.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is it football that has spread this D&C? Apparently St George's flag was almost forgotten until it started being used for English football. In the days of Empire "England" was used to describe the entire Island. Scottish or Welsh nationalists hating England now is like me hating people from the old kingdom of Anglia because I was born in what used to be Wessex, and now the government happens to be in Anglia.

100% of British people have the same history for at least the last 500 years (being beaten and ruled by Westminster), the same overarching history for the last 10,000, the same blood, the same broad culture, and the same first language. Why do we see ourselves as different nations?

My family name is a Viking one, which comes from Yorkshire but I've also found it cropping up in Edinburgh records. I look 100% Norse and so do half the people I see wherever I go in the country, and I've travelled around quite a bit.

I live in Scotland and I'm sick of Scots treating me like some oppressive foreigner because Braveheart told them to, when we literally are the same people with a different accent.

Lurk four years before posting, newfag.

no u

When the most different people you know are still white then you separate based on what differences you do have. It seems trivial to us now, but I guarantee when whites take over the earth we'll draw new lines on which to do battle with each other. Also, whites don't get to openly fight anyone else but themselves today, so that's we do.

If you did lurk for two years you would realise you are destroying the board and wouldnt be so proud and ignorant to do so.

This is what concerns me about the future of Europe you guys are really shitty at unity over there, no offense. If you can’t get along then you should at least take note of the ancient Greeks: they fought one another all the time but if a non-Greek force attacked, they united around their identity as Greeks until the threat was put down.

I've been here since 2014, and starting a discussion about British illusion that there are different native ethnicities in Britain is not destroying the board, you utter embarrassment of an user.

I know, and it confused me a lot the first time I went to Scotland. I'm sure if there was an external threat Welsh, Scots and English could work together just fine though. It's just bizarre getting racism from someone of your own race, who's been propagandised into thinking you're different.

Because we are different nations.
Also the Cymraeg are Britons. The last of our kind. While the Scots are descended from Picts.

You sound like an American or a fucking southerner (which means you may as well be a German)

There are different reasons for each country.

For example Scotland tried to forge their own separate identity from England by creating their own empire.
They borrowed many times the value of their economy to fund their empire and it failed completely. Forcing them to join the UK for financial reasons.

Its a weird one because the people in Northern ireland who are the most fiercely loyal to the UK are descended from Scots who moved there.

All the major areas are different. Modern English are closer to the Dutch than the Irish. In fact, they're more German than the Austrians are.

Attached: genotypes.png (1366x768, 671.32K)

The IE invasion of Europe didn't happen until 4-3kya. IE didnt reach the extremities of Europe (British isles) until ~2-3kya.

Meaningless literally jewish term.
You are different. And you're the only kind of different that's legal to hate.

And look at it now. Nothing but wrong decisions and wrong alliances and you get the sad state of affairs that's called Britain these days. Literally at the end of it's existence.

Picts were a tribe of Britons, ethnically identical. Something like 98% of white Britons descend from the original inhabitants 10,000 years ago. Every county in Britain is mostly Briton.

And your blood is as guaranteed to be full of German heritage as mine is. Or did your bloodline miraculously escape the 1500 years of migrating and mixing since the first Germanic tribes invaded?

This
Is pure divisive cancer. There are "Englishmen" with more Briton blood than you and there are "Welshmen" with more German blood than many English. English and Welsh are regions of the same nation.

Racism isn't meaningless. Not liking someone/wanting them to breed with your children because of their race is racism. Whether it's right or wrong is a different argument.

How am I different? I have Nordic, Briton, Anglo-Saxon and Roman blood. Are you telling me you don't? Do we speak a different language, or have a different history? No, you're just cherry picking history to feed a victim complex, assuming you're Scottish. My ancestors were just as oppressed by London as yours were.

Then who were the native Europeans?

A more interesting question is how come Scotland is the only country in the world that has a far left national party?
How does that even work?

?

"Racism" doesn't exist because nobody has ever hated another race for being another race. The hate comes from the behavior or other detriments that come with person of another race. The term "racism" exists to obfuscate that there are genuine reasons to be wary of other races. Get the jew out of your vocabulary, user.

Actually, unfortunately, a lot of the Greeks, like the Thebans, joined the Persians. A lot of other cities sat it out. The Plataeans, one of the few cities to join the Spartans, later got genocided and their city burned to the ground by the Spartans to please the Thebans in the Peloponnesian brother war.

Later, the best soldiers in the Persian army, for decades, were Greek mercenaries serving Darius III and his predecessors. This goes back to Xenophon's Anabasis in the early 4th century BC.

They are more different than you understand, apparently.

No shit

The genetic difference among europeans is negligible.

fig 1 and 2 are PCA for world. Note tight European clustering.

fig 3 is analysis of modern europeans compared to ancient European remains. Note that modern europeans are between ANE, SHG, ENF, and WHG. There is no PIE on the figure, but it would lie between ANE and SHG near the red cluster representing eastern Europe.

Attached: Principal-Component-Analysis-PCA-on-all-present-day-west-Eurasians-with-ancient-samples.jpg (572x532 254.48 KB, 110.38K)

OK well said, but my point was that Scottish and Welsh people have been led to believe they're not the same race as English by films and football rivalries, which is why their anti-Englishness is so bizarre and doesn't make any sense. They're opposed to more populous areas of themselves.

Call it what you want, it's the same bad logic as a Yorkshireman hating someone from Lancashire today. Historical battles between factions of the same ethnicity do not justify modern division, especially to the extent of actually seceding from a country.

Yeah OK mate, no need for any facts or evidence I'll just take your word for it.

Reminder that the English people are one of the lost tribes of Israel.

You forget just how insular and distrustful of foreigners the Cymraeg are.
Mostly because you're German. So go back to Germany.

Attached: XJJGug1.gif (352x217, 1.64M)

Scots aren't people.

They're niggers.

People separate on more grounds than race. There's countless ways in which we group ourselves, and it'll never end. What good is life without an enemy to defeat?

A few insular communities on the absolute fringes of the Island don't refute the vast majority being one people.

Because they are different.
You can't just force different nations to mix together. That's jewish.
The Scotts were a separate nation with separate history, a different culture, and yes, despite what you seem to believe, different historical roots.

A number of different closely related groups at different points who all evolved together over time.

Most of the European mummies we get DNA from are less than 10k years old so its hard to tell, but it looks like the oldest groups we have are WHG, ANE, SHG, and EHG who likely are related to the inhabitants of Europe form before the end of the last ice age. 10kya is also about the time that Early Neolithic Farmers or Early European Farmers spread into Europe form the Caucuses/Anatolia. These people were genetically almost identical to Sardinians and somewhat close to Spaniards, and the quickly spread throughout Europe as agriculture and technology allowed them to sustain greater populations than the WHG. They mixed with the other European groups, and you can see that more remote regions like Central and Northern Europe have only ~50% or less ENF DNA.

The IE invasion occured ~3-4kya. Corded ware culture in eastern Europe began somewhat earlier (~2500 bc) and was influenced by IE culture, technology, and genetics. The Mycenean greeks (trojan war) who predated the ancient greeks had an indo-european ruling class, and they were ~1500 bc. The romans were IE and they began ~500bc.

Anti-White shitposting

No, the Neolithic inhabitants were nearly wiped out by the Bronze Age Steppe Invaders. See the study, "The Beaker Phenomenon and the Genomic Transformation of Northwest Europe".

Wrong again, the east of England is predominantly Anglo-Saxon. There was a violent invasion and large scale migration. People don't willingly give up their culture. It is likely that as the Germanic tribes moved west across Britain and defeated the British tribes in battle, some Britons continued to migrate west while others were assimilated by the Germanics. The Germanics may have also taken the widows of the British warriors as wives because there seems to be a larger contribution of Germanic DNA in the Y chromosome haplogroups compared to the MT-DNA haplogroups.

there's significant distance between them thus showing they're different. they aren't equal.

You mean, exactly the same history up to a few hundred years ago when they had some wars with the people to the south, which somehow in your head makes them a different ethnicity.

You can't tell me which region of the UK I'm talking about, because this happened to all of them.

Purely subjective. I could argue that there's significant genetic distance between you and you first cousin if I made the chart a certain scale.

I took out many of the groups from that PCA to make it clearer.

Attached: PCA Scandinavians, English, Iron Age British, Irish, French 2 (compressed).png (1206x681, 3.14M)

Cymru is not a few insular communities.
It's a nation you daft kraut.

Because we tend towards ethnic Nationalism and you greatly over simplify this, for example there is an entire Celtic people that you have never heard of located right in the middle of the British isles indicated on the diagram as North Wales even though that's Northern England and they're descended from the Brigantes, their last independent Kingdom of Rheged ending some 1,300 years ago.

Attached: v2web-genetics-map.jpg (968x681, 69.84K)

So you have the same history, language, blood, and land as the people a few miles east of you, but you're a different nation because you say so. OK

From the "People of the British Isles Project":

Attached: DNA-Anglo-Saxon-final-PNG.png (1800x1200, 1.46M)

*Ethnicity
Not race. You'd be hard pressed to find a true Scotsman who didn't think he was the same race as the English.

Yeah. It's to do with history. It's like how Poland hates Russia and the French don't like the Germans and the Serbs hate the Croats despite being almost identical genetically, liguistically, and culturally.

Sometimes I want to wring my hands and moan "Why can't we all just get along?"
But that's our curse as Europeans. We have 10,000 years of family squabbles behind us.
But we also have a history of uniting to repel foreign invaders. Gods willing, this is what we shall do once again.

Wrong
The Scotts are descended from the first Britons (who built Stonehenge) who became Picts who then watched Celts migrated into Britain and displaced the previous rulers. Then they watched as the Romans gobbled up southern Britain. Then they repelled the Romans and fought with the Irish. Then the Saxons came and conquered the Romano Brits and ruled them while the Picts remained independent and different. Then the Norse came and raided the Scotts but conquered the Saxons. Then the Normans came and conquered England. Finally Scotland was transformed into it's pre-modern state (STILL independent mind you) and engaged in dozens of wars with the English, founded their own colonies before being absorbed into the British Empire. This was a very traumatic experience and the English were very cruel to the Scotts in this process.
That sounds pretty damn different to me. That's more different than the French and the Occitans.

Picts were actually different than the Celts.
Sure… except each tribe had their differences and fought each other but sure.
Unless you're a Pict/Scott
Like Germany and France, yes.
Like Austria and Hungary, yes.
Like Serbia and Croatia, yes.

Actually I can.
I can tell you're not talking about Wales Scotland, or Cornwall because you said they were invaded by ALL of the following; Saxons, Romans, Anglos, and Normans
So you're talking about an English tribe.

See? History is awesome and fun.

And what I'm saying is British is an ethnicity, and English/Welsh/Scottish are made up divisions based on tiny genetic variances. It's like deciding your first cousin is a different ethnicity because their bloodline is 50% different to yours.

British is National identity not ethnic, we'd naturally prefer to sub-divide into our autonomous own regions if the fear factor wasn;t involved.

Just for you I made a quick map that shows the conquests of each of the invading nations you mentioned.
Romans = Red
Saxons = Blue
Norse = Green
Normans = Yellow
This is how I would go about determining exactly which region your hypothetical Briton is from.

Attached: 000.png (2363x3087, 2.61M)

Maybe it would actually help if we said different tribes, you know like the Tribes of Israel…

No.
There is no such thing as a Celt. Celt is just the word we use to describe the European tribes at that point in history, in the same way "westerner" is a general term for Europeans today. Nobody has "Westerner" on their passport. Picts were a tribe of what we now call Celts.

The Romans occupied 50% of Scotland. Their are forts to the North of me, and I'm in the highlands.

Initially, yes only England was directly invaded by all of those. But over the next centuries those people spread throughout the isles, excluding only the very extreme fringes.

Also you have to consider populations. There are 5 million people in Scotland, 3 million in Wales and 55 million in England. How many of those Scots and Welsh do you really think are 'pure' Pict or Briton, with no ancestors at all from rest of the island?

That's wrong, as I mentioned there are Roman forts all over Scotland.

See , just because the initial invasions didn't reach all the way through doesn't mean mixing didn't happen in the following 2-1000 years.

It's SHITE being Scottish! We're the lowest of the low. The scum of the fucking Earth! The most wretched, miserable, servile, pathetic trash that was ever shat into civilization. Some hate the English. I don't. They're just wankers. We, on the other hand, are COLONIZED by wankers. Can't even find a decent culture to be colonized BY. We're ruled by effete arseholes. It's a SHITE state of affairs to be in, Tommy, and ALL the fresh air in the world won't make any fucking difference!

*There, excuse fast typing typo

You really ought to look up the fascinating history of the era of which you are speaking about.

Yeah. For less than a decade. Even germany had more Roman occupation than Scotland.

Sure. Just as there was some mixing between the Germans and the Poles. But they're still different and beautifully unique.
Celebrate the diversity.

Jesus, you are unironically using a leftist strawman that gets thrown at nationalists all the time.
There is no "pure" scott (probably) in the same way that there are probably no pure Frenchmen or Serbs. That doesn't mean that they're not different peoples.
Stop trying to turn everyone into a mutt.

There are 9.
All located in the south-east and most are just marching camps and supply depots. Only one is an actual fortress. And it was barely constructed before it was abandoned.

They feel they are different ethnicities because they spoke different languages for hundreds of years and were separate kingdoms.

This meme needs to die.

You should tell that to the Edinburgh National Museum, as that's where I got my information about Celts and Picts.

Except you haven't shown there's any diversity at all. Everyone born in Britain has Briton in them, and most have Pict, Norman, Roman, and German. The ones who don't have one or the other are spread all over by now.

Based on your arguments Yorkshire, Cornwall, Devon, The West Country, South-East, Midlands, Lowland Scots, Highland Scots and every other region of the UK should consider themselves different ethnicities.

I should say, native Brits.

Attached: 5xzHvd9k_400x400.jpg (400x400, 23.49K)

I have no problem with regionalism at all. I have a problem with a guy who looks identical to me thinking we're a different ethnicity.

Have you ever met a Scot? They are literally white niggers. They don't want to work and expect the government to give them more money and whenever something goes wrong they didnu nuffin.

All I can say is, do some real research on the topic. You will come to the conclusion that genetically, they are only partially Celtic.

I'm starting to think that you're arguing in bad faith. I did several times.
See

That's quite a stretch.
Cornwall and Wales already see themselves as different.
As for the others, there are differences but these are much smaller than the differences between Scotland and England. There are even linguistic differences across various regions in England.
At the end of the day, it comes down to national spirit.
Nationalism is more than just artistically cataloging DNA and saying
It's much more organic than that. If two people see themselves as truly different, then they are.
Latvia and Lithuania. Ukraine and Russia. Serbia and Croatia. Czechia and Slovakia. Catalonia and Spain. Even Bavaria sees themselves as different from other Germans.

Anti-White D&C shitposting

I went to Scotland once on a stopover. The cabin crew suggested we all go out and club it. I had no option. It was that or one of their B&Bs. I figured it'd be safer on the streets. For the first time ever I saw the Scotch in their natural habitat, and it weren't pretty. I'd seen them huddling in stations before, being loud but… this time I was surrounded. Everywhere I went it felt like they were watching me; fish-white flesh puckered by the Highland breeze; tight eyes peering out for fresh meat; screechy, booze-soaked voices hollering out for a taxi to take 'em halfway up the road to the next all-night watering hole. A shatter of glass; a round of applause; a sixteen-year-old mother of three vomiting in an open sewer, bairns looking on, chewing on potato cakes. I ain’t never going back… not never.

Scottish and Welsh nationalism is a modern idea, stoked by "foreign interests" looking at you Germany/EU
the Union act for crying out loud was the idea of the Scottish King of England at the time
Welsh. Scottish and English Royal bloodlines are all intermixed and descended in some way from the House of Wessex which itself is loosely descended from the Romano-British tribe of Vortigern
Hell even Irish nationalism wasn't an idea until the reformation period, the wars between Britain and Ireland were largely religiously motivated for most of history
The Irish Confederacy swore allegiance to the English Crown during the English Civil war because the monarch was a Catholic against Puritan Cromwell
Nevermind the fact the entire initial invasion of Ireland was because an Irish King invited the French speaking Norman invader king William the Bastard's grandson over to invade Ireland with his Norman knights and press-ganged saxon serf army so that he reclaim the throne of Leinster that was taken from him by High King Rudraig

if you're American don't even bother trying to understand it, you don't know better you're probably some mixed up mongrel with the Continentals by now anyway and you're not going to understand it
Celtic nationalism is a myth created by anti-English butthurt republicans and marxists,the English are largely descended from the 2 million Romano-British Celts that inhabited the land before the 150,00-250,000 or so Saxon/Angle/Jute/Geat colonist/warriors showed up and supplanted the Pelagian nobility

Cornish nationalism is the joke of British Nationalism
it mostly involves firebombing the occasional non-local franchised bakery

*autistically cataloging DNA
Sorry for any confusion

Sort of like how the IRA is a joke. An even bigger joke.
Hell, the Cornish are bigger jokers than the Bretons. At least they firebomb things other than McDonalds.

I'm kidding btw, all you autists out there

Then you have learned nothing in 4 years. What an achievement! Low IQ nigger.

the IRA are retarded and have been ever since they killed the man who was responsible for an autonomous Irish state
two sides to the IRA, the nationalists who advocated for an independent and fought and died for it, and the Marxists who survived and are now running the country into the fucking toilet

If you say so. Forcing the British Empire to enter into negotiations with non-state actors seems pretty non-ratardid.

Just to clarify, like most people I conflate PIRA with IRA

Seriously, the IRA or "PIRA" conducted the most sophisticated and effective terrorist or freedum fighterz hur dur campaign in modern history. Probably all history. Some retards they are.

Attached: bishopsgate_bombing_1993.jpg (1600x1041, 551.86K)

Although to be fair the IRA did call beforehand and tell people there was a bomb to reduce loss of life.
Same motivation as muslims, but much more civilized MO.

eternal britcucks not even once

You're the cancerous element of this board.

youtube.com/watch?v=riwKuKSbFDs&t=2m16s

You've shown that there was diversity 1000s of years ago. Today we have the same culture, language and we're all mixed. I don't see much modern diversity at all, beyond accent and some superficial regional things like bagpipes and food.

You're right on that. What I'm wondering is why this illusion exists, given that it doesn't even exist in many Scots and Welsh, or English. It's large minorities who buy into Welsh/Scots/English nationalism.

And those large minorities seem to have grown around football and rugby. Could it be deliberate? As I said, in the 50s St George's flag was barely known, and everyone called the country Britain. What better way to D&C a formerly great nation than to bring up/provoke very old divisions that have little basis in truth? Using (((televised))) sports that millions watch every week?

Right again, but we all know that spirit can be created, corrupted and (((guided))).

You are reciting a leftist talking point used to compare Europeans to Middle Easterners in an unfavourable light.
No. It was an ethnic war. The Irish wished to throw off foreign rule by the British (English)
Just like in Yugoslavia.
Very different than many (but not all) Middle Eastern religious conflicts.

And by the way, I think I need to address a neo-connish (((undertone))) in your post. It's not your faut, but the jews fault for meming this lie.
While Muslims slaughter each other for religious reasons, many of their conflicts are ethnic in nature too. Race > religion in almost all cases and conflicts.
And many of the more sophisticated attacks on the West are not what the (((media))) wants you to believe. Those attacks that are sophisticated tend to be motivated by things other than "We hate them because of their religion" or "They hate us because of our freedomz"
I'll allow Dr. William Pierce to explain further.
In talking about Abu Nidal, a great Palestnian Patriot, he wrote;
"Whenever Abu Nidal’s troops would strike, machine-gunning Israeli tourists at an airport or bombing some Jewish facility in another country, the politicians and the media here always would go into hysterics about Arab “terrorism.” I always cheered. Abu Nidal is not some crazed murderer who likes to kill people. He is a Palestinian patriot fighting for his people and for his country in the only way he can fight under the circumstances. He does not “hate America’s freedom” as George Bush and the media would have you believe. There is no reason for him to be an enemy of America, except that we have made him an enemy by arming and financing the Jews who stole his family’s orange groves and forced him into a refugee camp."
Osama Bin Ladeen cited America's support for the genocidal Zionist scum in IsraHell murdering his kinsmen in Palestine as one of the principle reasons for his attacks against the USA.

In any case, I have written a great deal about the IRA and their activities and done much research on them. I judge them to be the most effective terrorists in the modern era. They showed both daring and restraint to an amazing degree. They're were generations ahead of Alquaida in terms of tactics and especially; strategy.

They made mistakes as every mortal does. But their most well thought out attacks makes everything everyone else has done so far look like petulant little children. And all without causing mass civilian casualties like Al Quieda likes to do. And unlike the famous ETA, they actually forced the government to enter into serious negotiations. Bravo, PIRA. Bravo.

Attached: IrishRepublicanArmy.jpg (610x407, 42.07K)

Scotland was their own nation less than 500 years ago. And if you doubt that there is cultural differences between Scotland and England, I challenge you to go visit and compare it yourself.

You could say the same about Serbia and Croatia. Ukraine and Russia. Slovakia and Czechia

It's not an illusion, it is cultural differences and history. Go spend time with a Welshman and listen to his native tongue or ask him to tell you about his culture and history. The differences are like Catalonia and Spain.

Try the 1750s. There is the nationalism that you dread so much. Or the 1850s. It's always been there.

These devisions have always been there. Even voting patterns are different.

Scotts have always regarded themselves as Scotts… except when they were Picts. In any case, there has never once been a time when Scotts thought of themselves as the same as the English or Welsh or Cornish.

It's like saying that Irish are the same as the English just because they have an accent and many superficial similarities.
They're different and always have been. It's just history and culture.

I'm English and I literally live in the actual old capital of the Picts. There are fair numbers of English people here. Loads live in the lowlands.

I have spent plenty of time with Welsh and Scots. I accept that fringe communities really have been isolated from demographic changes, but I'm talking about 95% of the British population here, and saying their nationalism is superficial, because it's based pretty much only on geography and yes, history, but cherry-picked history to feed a particular view. We're too similar to tell apart if you don't know the accents.

If people looked back in time further than a few hundred years they'd see we're all the same people. Like I said it's like me hating Anglia and identifying as a Wessex man. The actual
differences between the old kingdoms are gone, including Scotland, Wales and England, until they decided to break up the UK with devolution, but that speaks more of government incompetence and civilisational decline than anything. More than 50% of Scots want to be part of the UK.

Yeah, hundreds of years ago. Since then there has been even more intermixing and blending of the nations. It just seems like if you look thousands of years into the past, we're all the same people. And if you look at today, we're all the same people. But if you choose to fixate on a few hundred years of history, then you can extract different nations within Britain, and use those as division lines. If you chose a different period, the lowland and highland Scots would be different nations, as would Yorkshire and Lancashire, etc etc.

I would call it ethnicity spiralling. If you follow the logic of breaking Britain into Scotland England and Wales based on some, but not all of history, eventually every tiny region with a different history and list of who oppressed who could decide to become its own nation.

Fuck off niggerjew.

You know the Picts were genocided by the Gaels, right? Modern Scots are ancestrally Irish.

Where is your evidence for that claim?

The names of the Britons and the Picts may have the same etymological origin.

An early written reference to the British Isles may derive from the works of the Greek explorer Pytheas of Massalia; later Greek writers such as Diodorus of Sicily and Strabo who quote Pytheas' use of variants such as Πρεττανική (Prettanikē), "The Britannic [land, island]", and nēsoi brettaniai, "Britannic islands", with *Pretani being a Celtic word that might mean "the painted ones" or "the tattooed folk", referring to body decoration (see below).An early written reference to the British Isles may derive from the works of the Greek explorer Pytheas of Massalia; later Greek writers such as Diodorus of Sicily and Strabo who quote Pytheas' use of variants such as Πρεττανική (Prettanikē), "The Britannic [land, island]", and nēsoi brettaniai, "Britannic islands", with *Pretani being a Celtic word that might mean "the painted ones" or "the tattooed folk", referring to body decoration.

The Latin word Picti first occurs in a panegyric written by Eumenius in AD 297 and is taken to mean "painted or tattooed people" (from Latin pingere "to paint";[2] pictus, "painted", cf. Greek "πυκτίς" pyktis, "picture"[3]).

Literally every trace of Pictish civilisation is gone. We know practically nothing about them besides a few monuments. That is the actual definition of genocide. Whether or not the people were exterminated or not is hard to be sure about, we know they had wars with the Irish-descended Scotti and that the Scotti eventually dominated the area, with it becoming known as the land of the Scotti; Scotland.

What-ever the Picts were is gone.

Genocide means to kill an ethnic group. A better description for what happened to the the Pics is that they were assimilated by the Gaels.

Of course. Only a fool would support disunion at this point.

I'm looking at the last 3,000 years of history. This "mixing" you speak of is only a few generations and mostly within the last century.

Sure, maybe.
Seen on a grand scale, Germany and the Netherlands should all be one nation because they're almost as closely related as the Scots and English are. Similar history, similar language, and lots of mixing between them. Not to the extend that England and Scotland have, but not too far removed either.

Again, you are being way too autistic about this. The English and Scots see themselves as different people and always have. Go 100 years back and this was even more so. Go 500 years back and they were separate nations. Go 1000 years back and they were even more different. England had French speaking aristocrats and Scotland was much more Celtic and Pictish. They didn't even speak a Germanic language.
Go 2000 years back and they're still different.

Yes, the lowlands are English for the most part. Just as the lands that Germany colonized became more Germanic as time went on.
Maybe in time you English can wipe out Scottish heritage for good and Blanda up into a nice mixed country like America. You'll lose loads of culture and language and sever a lot of people from their roots. But maybe you can make new roots.

But as it stands, Scots and English are different. Something in our souls makes us remember our heritage and we know that we're different. You shouldn't want to extinguish this nationalism because nationalism is good. Once you get rid of your national differences then the jews will work on eliminating other national differences. Then racial. Then we die.
Nationalism is not something that you can measure. It's something that you must feel in your heart and soul. That's why the jews hate it so much. They don't have souls.

Also, you ought to help rekindle the English spirit. I don't know what percentage believe this, but loads of dumb lemmings believe that there is no such thing as English culture. And even more people believe that there is no such thing as English Folk culture.
That's really sad. You need to be in touch with your heritage in order to have a soul.

Yeah, possibly. It's a contentious issue. To what extent was it population replacement and what extent was it assimilation?
With no written records, it's difficult to say. I'd say that it's probably both.

Don't respond to such obvious bait.

No. It doesn't mean that. You don't belong here.

Attached: brainlet animated.gif (800x800, 68.76K)

I think you mean well user, but this is woefully ignorant. An Irish nation fighting foreigners has existed for a couple of thousand years. They wrote epics and great works of history and literature about this, see the following works

as well as the Fenian Cycle, the Mythological Cycle, the Ulster Cycle, and the Historical Cycle of Irish legend

historyireland.com/medieval-history-pre-1500/a-nation-in-medieval-ireland-perspectives-on-gaelic-national-identity-in-the-middle-ages/

Reported for being a paid jewish shill.
hrweb.org/legal/genocide.html

baste writeup. and redpilled

Stonehenge was built from the flat empty ground up using cranes 50-100 years ago. Then it was pushed hard in the mainstream everywhere, talking about the amazing alignments, yet neglecting to mention this important fact. They have not managed to memory hole these pictures yet. Do an image search for stonehenge construction to see. I also have a deep memory of our ancestors trekking someplace like this for solstice or other festivities, but this idea could have been planted by (((discovery))) channel or their ilk. The building of this coincides with the pushing of the old earth ideas. They tell me millions of indians roamed the land where I live, yet left not a trace. This is hard enough to believe even with indian tribes who only desired to live with the land. It's impossible for me to believe whites lived in N europe for tremendous periods without leaving more than this. We are only about 4000 years out from the great flood and cataclysm event that all cultures with a continuous link to that time speak of. Our differences did not happen over millions of years but quite rapidly. Regional differences are just as great as racial. There is as much irreconcilable conflict between liberal city whites and the more conservative rural whites as there is between whites and blacks. If you live in a rural area having a liberal white rule over you is just as bad as Obama. I support regionalism for the win. It is the universalists who gain so much territory they need to push d&c to rule. Regions with unique ethnicities may war if there are problems, but are more likely to have a don't tread on me attitude, and ability to get along if nobody is bothering them

You think I'm a paid Jewish shill for using the actual etymology of the word instead of accepting modern language corruption.

Attached: 14ec8bb3eff733235a6e9f226783a8d16cf676bb36924b4973d00a4238118625.png (500x534, 53.84K)

Reported. Assimilation is genocide.

They're not the same race as the English, you retard.

Attached: british people.png (1380x648, 1.38M)

Maybe check out DNA studies and the wealth of other info that directly contradicts this claim

tiene sentido…