$400 Million Wasted! Common Core Program Delivers Worst ACT Scores in Living Memory

Parents and teachers across the nation have been urging schools to dump the toxic Common Core curriculum, arguing that it deliberately dumbs down children and creates unnecessary and complicated methods for working out relatively simple problems.
Last week, creators of the ACT test announced that scores for the class of 2018 are the worst reported in living memory. Math scores, in fact, are in freefall among U.S. high school graduates, falling to their lowest level in generations, according to The Condition of College and Career Readiness 2018, the ACT’s annual report..
“The percentage of ACT-tested graduates who met or surpassed the ACT College Readiness Benchmark in math—suggesting they are ready to succeed in a first-year college algebra class—fell to its lowest level since 2004,” the report declared, with only 40 percent of 2018 graduates meeting the benchmark, “down from a high of 46% in 2012.”
The average score on the ACT math test dropped to its lowest level in 20 years — 20.5 on a scale of 1 to 36. American students scored 21.1 in 2012 and 20.7 last year.
“The negative trend in math readiness is a red flag for our country, given the growing importance of math and science skills in the increasingly tech-driven US and global job market,” said ACT CEO Marten Roorda. “It is vital that we turn this trend around for the next generation and make sure students are learning the math skills they need for success in college and career.”
But it’s not just math scores that have parents and educators concerned. Scores in other subjects are also falling through the floor, as Common Core’s founders, including Bill Gates, cast doubt on the future of the Common Core “experiment.”
“Readiness in English has also been trending down over the past several years, dropping from 64% in 2015 to 60% this year, the lowest level since the benchmarks were introduced,” according to the report. “Readiness levels in reading (46%) and science (36%) were both down one percentage point from last year but are showing no long-term trends either upward or downward. Science remains the subject area in which students are least likely to be prepared for college coursework.”
After spending $400 million on forcing schools around the country to adopt Common Core, Bill Gates has finally admitted that the controversial teaching method is a FAILURE, and significantly less effective than traditional teaching methods! #ma4t t.co/Ev34nXJqYr
— Mike Allen (@AMike4761) October 22, 2018
archive.fo/VGJV1
yournewswire.com/common-core-worst-act-scores/
There has been one previous thread about this article.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/hL85b
leadershipblog.act.org/2018/10/math-readiness-drops-to-14-year-low.html
imgur.com/a/oMfhd
rethinkingschools.org/articles/the-problems-with-the-common-core
youtube.com/watch?v=LQ8Nr3_2724
archive.is/tFipR
archive.is/Hj8bQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

isn't this a clickbait site? can we not build the thread on a foundation of clickbait?

Why hasn't Trump's department of education appointee done anything about it? This should have been another Day 1 change.

We could have Japan's education and our schools would still do terrible.

Attached: 1384917371812.png (416x1349 221.99 KB, 122.68K)

article source:
archive.fo/hL85b
leadershipblog.act.org/2018/10/math-readiness-drops-to-14-year-low.html

true, demographics have a big part to play. but assigning kids loads of homework that their parents literally have no idea how to help them with isn't a plus either.

ah who the hell am I kidding

Common Core Redpills
imgur.com/a/oMfhd

rethinkingschools.org/articles/the-problems-with-the-common-core

youtube.com/watch?v=LQ8Nr3_2724 - they admit common core was designed to combat white privilege.

Attached: commonCoreRaceIsProblematic.jpg (3814x2144 452.06 KB, 1.05M)

b-b-but I thought they were the chosen ones with the higest IQs?!

Jewish women breed with Arabs and blacks regularly. It dropped jewish IQ

It's odd that they seem to assume that the program was somehow meant to improve scores and results of students. Wasn't there a supposed Cold War, weren't these people taught about the USSR?

Common core is 100,% effective and is not failing it's goal at all, you just assume it's goal. .

When will any of you faggots actually start researching instead of reading memes. 90% of this comment is sjw tier mentality. You don't say the same things but your thought patterns are the same, basically replace bad orange man with jews. You niggers are more controlled than homosexuals

Chance at being a decent OP wasted!

Attached: Enrollment Plummets at Evergreen College Over Anti-White Policies-wxXS3_aesTQ.webm (854x480, 13.43M)

Who cares they track all the views, save the videos if you're so gay. Or post something more than noises

If anything, adding DNA from niggers made jews smarter. That entire tribe gets through life making shit up wholesale and guessing based on your facial expressions.

That would be the pipeline, you stupid fuck.
And there are the corporations, you shit slurping nigger.

Common core sucks, but the real reason for plummeting test scores is demographic change.

>archive.is/tFipR - princeton antisemites because jews only 10% of population.

jews are failures that rely on nepotism. they are not intelligent. they are frauds and cheats and liars.

Attached: jewsNobelBiasLeftPreWW2RightPostWW2.png (850x670 138.66 KB, 162.24K)

Only askenazis have a decent IQ

Sephardi and Mizrahim are literally sandniggers.

The only "intelligent" jews are the ones that have a higher degree of white genetics than their inbred semite genetics. This applies to all mixed race mutts. This is how niggers and spics can be "intelligent." They possess white genetics that overrides their normally low IQ.

This should be a standard redpill by now.

Part of it is common core (which is pretty shit. Even in the math thing were they try to add more "understanding into it, that understanding is something best looked back upon once you've ingrained the method into our bones. Even then, at that point it'd make more sense to just learn the formal mathematical approach as opposed to some gay grouping shit), the other part is DNA/whites being outbred.

The 'Race and Racism' section doesn't even name the racial categories of Man correctly, (Caucasoids, Negroids, Mongoloids, and more recently, Australoids). This whole section ignores even the need for differentiating race for medical reasons. This whole page is full of shit and doesn't even do a good job of covering it up.

I will agree with this.
However, once you've learned how to do math, you can teach yourself to do the rounding style math taught by common core.
I find it to be faster in my head
For instance:
114+23=110+20+4+3

These fucks are trying to teach shortcuts instead of proper math, which doesn't work because you don't know the foundations, so you can't extrapolate potential answers to unknown questions using the known frameworks.
If you're taught the foundations, you will learn the shortcuts unless you're a retard.

But none of that is the goal of common core.
It's true goal is to create a new teaching method which sells new text books, teaching aides, and teaching services.

I'll finish this long post with a fun bit of math:
9* multiplication can be solved entirely with subtraction for whole numbers up to 10.
9*8
For the first number in the final solution, subtract 1 from the multiplier, in this case: 8
8-1=7
For the second number in the final solution, subtract the previous result from 9
9-7=2
Put them together and you get:

No child left behind was an attempt to make niggers better. it failed. Common core hopes to fix this by dragging everyone down to nigger level.

Attached: commonCoreMath.jpg (3424x4852 569.43 KB, 7.26M)

Look, you should honestly have your tables memorized up to 15x15. A real trick is:
41*37 = (40 + 1)(40 - 3) = 1600 - 2*40 - 3 = 1520 - 3 = 1517.
Or, in the case of squares, 21^2 = (20 + 1)^2 = 400 + 40 + 1 =441 (these are easier to do mentally. Although the one above it can still be done mentally).
Also, sometimes 35*17 = 35*(10 + 7) = 350 + 35*7 = 350 + 245 = 595 is easier. I.e. centralizing towards a linear expansion vs. expanded as one would a quadratic. Also, knowing the little number theory things like if the digits add to 3 it's divisible by 3, if the unit's digit is divisible by 2, it's divisible by 2, etc.
tl;dr people don't learn problem solving anymore, how sad. Note, this is just math. People (including myself) don't have good grammar or penmanship anymore. The prior is just not taught (critical thinking via interpreting shitty texts is more important) and the latter is considered obsolete due to computers.

oh no no no nigger the latter is not obsolete due to computers recently had the pleasantry of interacting with someone who didn't know how to divide or understand the relationship between ratios and percentages.
they really did a number on the school system

Thanks for the info and rage 😂😂 I'm not sure if you're a butthurt ai malfunction or just a raging incel but plz post more. I'm srs that was fast and good relevant info

Attached: Screenshot_20180930-225026_YouTube.jpg (1480x720, 400.78K)

Imagine adding your wall of text to my already long previous post.
Start with this.
How is anyone supposed to take you seriously if you cannot use proper English to convey your thoughts?
Penmanship doesn't matter too much. It really only matters that it's legible and not the handwriting of a child or woman.

Wait.
That common core multiplication thing.
I KNOW THAT.
I learned that yonks back as a wee sprog. That'd have been….late 90s early 2000s. In the UK.
A way of breaking down the problem into more manageable chunks.

Thinking on it. No it would have been earlier than that. Mid 90s maybe.

I've been under the assumption that a person is more rational, level-headed, more intelligent and financially sound when they have at least a moderate understanding of math.
Problem solving is becoming politically incorrect, it seems.

Is that a critique towards my post or a critique towards people? If it's directed towards me, I was willing to admit it and the tips I gave are accurate self-explanatory. It's sort of why Chinese (despite not knowing English) can pass graduate level math by means of symbols and the occasional words given by definitions.
Absolutely kys regardless of whether you were speaking about me or the general populace. Beautiful penmanship is something that I'd classify as white^TM, i.e. it is something that should be commonplace. I see handwriting of decades ago and I think, "yeah, that's white." I look at handwriting these days and I think, "are we all niggers?"

Didn't the anti-white creator of commiecore admit it was designed to drag whites to the lowest common denominator to achieve "equality"?

That's a fucking train wreck. None of that is even coherent, let alone persuasive. I feel like I'm 10 years old again and leafing through my family's pile of Watchtower magazines.

I have a white son in school right now. His teachers all hate CC, but they "teach" the curriculum anyway because (((federal grant money))) speaks louder than common sense.

The good news is that my boy is already redpilled as fuck. When I started reading off the article in OP's faggy post, the boy instantly chirped out that the scores would be way higher if fewer blacks and Mexicans took the test.

Generation Zyklon is not a meme.

Pic related is his work from a few years ago. So proud.

Attached: Wall_Drawing.jpg (960x720, 139.56K)

Definitely to be proud of, user.

It's me telling you that grammar is easy to improve, especially if you post on an imageboard regularly.
Time and place.
Your TPS reports don't need to be beautiful, they just need to be legible.
Your cheques should be as beautiful as possible as a security measure.

Full fledged indoctrination.

Attached: d45fdc01db09b42f235303b43bc6f9fe94cb77e4597970344cfbb7f1e12f5c21.png (606x622, 114.34K)

I guess it's a matter of values. I think Spencerian penmanship should be a standard of common writing to such an extent that one develops their own personal style. In addition, when writing mathematic's, LaTeX should be understood sufficiently to make a beautiful document. The idea would be to be sufficiently capable at writing/using LaTeX so that it's no different from when one currently uses a word processor.
Pray tell how. I try to keep in mind "independent clause/dependent clause/comma here/two independent & related clauses so colon here/etc.", but I can't seem to improve my grammar. I consider the points in my writing clear though despite my lack of grammar comprehension.
Should you have a recommendation for a grammar text (not modern obviously) I'd gladly look at it. Nothing worse than a modern day grammar/writing book which is equivalent to an overpriced 50 page picture book.

Assuming you aren't lying, consider things like math & physics competitions. F=ma, AMC, AIME, etc. I believe the UK has its own set of books, but in the U.S./everywhere there is also AoPS. I know the Chinese & Indias have books particular to their areas too. Due to not knowing non-romance European languages, I can't give any recommendations there.

So where do the Asian countries land if you control for cheating?

Kek. One day in late summer I heard some zoomers talking about the possibility of global warming being a fraud and my faith in humanity increased.
Glad to see them questioning things.

makes me hmm

Attached: 4633879309127debf833c113129ce145d8176edee8a49209fad5afb699757ae8.jpg (277x400, 24.35K)

There are over 2 billion of them, so the rich get to come to America and skew a lot of university stats. If you take historical achievements, it is impossible for any non-whites to have a higher IQ than whites. If we had not uplifted them, they would still be fighting in the mud. Hell, 90% of them are still functionally retarded.

One thing they have is bugmen mentality and hive mind-like work ethic/social pressures. Their education systems also 'cheats' by drilling test questions and IQ/SAT/PISA-like examples. They get more funding for the scores in education and prep schools/after school classes. While these tests arent supposed to be study based/dont have set questions, the drilling of similar prep questions and education designed specifically towards those questions biases the tests towards them. White countries have less social pressure to exceed and NCLB and common core have driven down our standards. People know the tests are pointless scantron/bubble tests with no incentive to do well and just half ass it and dont care. That's not the case in those countries. Niggers, spics and mutts drive down the scores further.

In the end, there is no reasonable way that any race can be above white IQ levels when you factor in all human achievement, creativity, art, sciences and philosophy. The mere act of recording history - literally recording the past and learning from it - is an unique white trait. No other race did this. A few recorded lineage or how to do things, but they didnt actively record in detail what happened, collect data on other animals and plants. none sought out other races and explored other continents and recorded their history and tried to figure out how they got to where they are, what they did and why they have the culture and beliefs they do. Only whites have gone to live with other races just to learn, educate and find out why things are the way they are.

The only humans on this planet are whites. Every other race is a different species and lesser races with lesser brain function. They can learn from us and mimic our behaviour, but in the end, they are incapable of critical thought, creativity and imagination. They are literally NPCs in comparison.

Attached: chinaCheaters.jpg (1706x3861 184.94 KB, 1.02M)

Another Protestant Shabbos shreiks “It’s the Communists!”

That method of multiplication actually is useful for getting kids to adapt to higher math and basic chemistry. The only problem is that it's wildly inefficient for actual arithmetic beyond quick change for retail.

Is there any actual proof of Asian countries cheating on exams?

Yeah that's because of the jewish control in the media. if in the hypothetical scenario where America finally becomes NatSoc, the pressure on the students would definitely increase.

THe presumption of the headline w is wrong…

The way it is written implies the goal wasnt to lower act scores.

America's already been blak't. Who cares what happens to education

just look at codemonkey's face

No legacy for you, bumblefucking monkey

Oh no, goyim, you "wasted" so much money, dont worry i will cry when i spend it.

You should have seen this coming the second you read anything about common core. If you let it happen then you're the one who needs to be removed from this earth more than common core itself.

Common core is working exactly as intended, it's so obviously trying to destroy education that it's mind blowing how anyone not trying to destroy education would accept it at all.

archive.is/Hj8bQ

Gee, what a shock. How could its jewish inventor fail so miserably or did he succeed? 🤔

Attached: davidcoleman-628x356.jpg (628x356, 28.28K)

Attached: jewish haiku.png (628x356, 262.46K)

Shit dude you have no idea how much the Chinese and Indian college students cheat.
The schools do absolutely nothing about it and turn a blind eye to it.

That all sounds good. If academia collapses maybe segregation can make a come back, and white only institutions can rekindle the fire of the folk.

Bringing back segregation is the first step to rebuilding our culture.

All kike programs like this will fail. But in general until more shitskins are born/going to school/being tested in tests like this, you can expect results of any/every tests where they are included to fall every next year.

Same with less people have savings stats, because shitskins can't save, waste away every single cent they leach off the goverment, or get in other ways. Basically you can write off most declining results in almost anything due to more shitskins being around, when they are included in data.

Great work user

Not wasted. (((Some people))) had to re-write the textbooks and sell them to all the public schools across the country.
Oy Vey, it was a great success.

True, but do you think the masses of NPCs will accept that? No matter the outcome, what is true is they invested so much money into promoting common core on the basis that will increase test scores and the exact opposite happened. I cannot stop laughing.

kek

unlikely

President of achieve.org, Michael Cohen, was one of the founders of Common Core.
It was mostly about selling textbooks.
Project Veritas did an expose about it.

Attached: Undercover Common Core Vid - Exec Says 'I hate kids...it's all about the money'.webm (1067x600, 15.33M)

Attached: Undercover Common II - Another Top Publishing Exec - 'It's never about the kids'.webm (1067x600, 15.31M)

Attached: Hidden Cam - Common Core Insider Reveals Info About LA Bid Rigging Scandal.webm (1067x600, 15.39M)

Attached: B3EC2F50-218D-4F24-9575-6C90EBA8BC3F.jpeg (1200x1800, 530.53K)

Crime rate and violence goes up as the number of illiterate people increases. It could be like 1970s-1980s NYC again.

Isn't there legislation that explicitly forbids discrimination for educational institutions, even if they are private? If you make it difficult enough, you probably wont get any niggers, but you will get Asians & some pajeets and also ostrasize some of your white populace.

How do these fags keep getting away with this? How retarded is your average person/npc?

Attached: 3DPCA.png (928x571 57.92 KB, 60.05K)

Attached: 1514837385395.jpg (1200x675, 68.83K)

IT IS YOUR DUTY AS A WHITE MALE To colonize asian and black females. Share the magic of the aryan with these poor women. Make the world a better place. CUM HOME WHITE MAN

IT IS YOUR DUTY AS A WHITE MALE To colonize asian and black females. Share the magic of the aryan with these poor women. Make the world a better place. CUM HOME WHITE MAN