MORE BULLSHIT FROM NASA

After completing a 300-million mile journey in six months flat, Never A Straight Answer's (NASA) InSight lander has allegedly landed upon the surface of Mars.

This means that the craft had to travel at a constant rate of an astonishing 112,612 mph.

Once entering the "Martian atmosphere" it had to decelerate from 12,300 mph to 5 mph. A feat that hasn't been replicated here on earth, yet was able to be completed from a distance of millions of miles.

Tax dollars at work gents. At least No AstroNOTS Need Apply (NASA) keeps us up to date with excellent CGI.

Note the attractive and empowered female scientist (actor) who so exuberantly explains this for us. Feminism at its finest. Welcome to the future, anons!

Other urls found in this thread:

mnn.com/earth-matters/space/blogs/astronaut-uses-finger-plug-hole-space-station
archive.is/zqGRx
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Electric_GE90
commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:SMM_panel_hole.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I can't fucking believe people are stupid enough to believe this

Anons should work on finding where in Utah this "Mars" rover is. HWNDU redux.

Or where all the money budgeted to NASA actually goes.

Fuck off JIDF.
We like Mars, it'll be the home for white people one day. We'll sit back and watch the earth roach jew mutants eat themselves to death. It'll be the best show in the galaxy.

NASA takes us one step closer to that end.

Attached: 10f6c5341cc008809473d70c0b5c9195ec0eb474c2c3b36b6077f0cda3d7f4e7.jpg (184x255, 12.62K)

Reported for ironic shitposting, which is still shitposting.

Implying manned missions to mars won't comprise the diverse spectrum of human races.

It's easier to believe than men walking around on the moon.

you're a faggot but thanks for letting me know there's some more cool space shit to look at. May White ingenuity never die.

Yeah that's because the pressure of its atmosphere is at most 0.01139896 atm where Earth's is 1.0 atm.

Where else?

Attached: moneybin.jpg (474x338, 28.36K)

I love how violent the response is when someone points out NASA's fucking bullshit. You guys need to wake up.

The control room looked pretty h'white to me, I was surprised to see it on MSM. I'll have to wait for the google doodle to remind me of how enriched it really was.

>>>/x/
Go away, queer.

mnn.com/earth-matters/space/blogs/astronaut-uses-finger-plug-hole-space-station
archive.is/zqGRx

nasa's budget for 2018

Attached: DmG-pkLW4AEecMy.jpg (720x634, 43.58K)

Attached: Dsz4EY4X4AE8Qhr.jpg (970x1024, 93.51K)

So do Shakespeare's plays. And for much the same reason; it takes skill to effectively deliver what are often difficult lines.

Attached: Dsz4EY4X4AE8Qhr.jpg (1041x664 93.15 KB, 53.42K)

>((( ))) tries to debunk astronomy
no

>((( ))) tries to damage control
sage nogated

When the lander "landed" I did a ton of calculations and looked up everything I could find on it.
I could never quite muster the math I needed to do a slam dunk proof that what they described was impossible simply from an energy needed to be dissapated to slow down aspect.
Here is the short version. The kinetic energy of the craft was over 1 trillion footlbs at 80 miles above the surface all that energy had to be turned into heat hence the term heat shield should be space brakes. The atmospheric pressure on the surface of mars is 2" H2O or 0.0721824PSI.
So basically they enter a near vacuum and magically slow down over 10,000 MPH in order to do this in the time alloted would require over 10 million HP.
I calculated it to death any user interested I will post all my shit in the thread

Attached: curiosity-descent-drawing.jpg (560x420 151.22 KB, 7.54K)

Reported.

take your pill schizo

Show me how you dissipate a trillion ft-lbs of energy through a near vacuum?
KInetic energy = (velocity^2 x mass)/2
Should be easy for a nasa level genius like you

Shills be shilling.

How do you know the density of Mars' atmosphere?

"She" told me.

Attached: 111.jpg (790x649, 63.36K)

I'm glad we have NASA telling us the "truth" of space travel.

Attached: 87d4e8c3d7edcc3053891c181470f14e.jpg (960x600, 101.3K)

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Attached: 2018technology.jpg (992x676, 78.62K)

Easy look on the graph posted and you can find the pressure at any given altitude. Atmospheric composition CO2 89%, Ni 3% Ar 1.6% then you use partial pressures of gases and you calculate the density.

But how do you know the composition of the atmosphere? Was it from NASA data? But if NASA gives out fake info, how could your calculation be correct? Checkmate, atheists!

Where did the information on the graph come from?

From nasa or find your own.
All I did was use all the data they said are facts and used it against them.

user used what NASA presented to prove what they were doing was wrong. Nice fallacy there bud.

Great thread. NASA is bullshit. Always has been.

Good point. The White race has many reasons to be proud of its achievements. No need to add fake ones to the list, even if it sounds cool.

I'm going to love seeing Musk send a rocket to Mars, and watch the ULA shills autistically screech.

the Diverse NASA spent 200 billion dollars on the shuttle program, while Musk boot strap start up a rocket company with his own money, which surmounts to what the diverse NASA admin leadership uses to wipe their ass with every year.

Musk will build a reusable Saturn rocket that will launch payloads for less money than the delta 5 rockets.

Watch the SLS scam fall apart overnight & retired for a new system that's built over night when Musk builds his 8,000 internet satellite constellation. The SLS will be retired because there are will most likely be at least 3 similar in size constellations to be build by competing ISPS by American corporations alone.

ULA will shitcan the SLS program to build a rocket that makes business sense, and can be launched more than once every 4 years. We will all see how much of a scam the SLS when we see how quickly ULA would be able to launch a BFR competitor, compared to how long they struggled with the SLS program.

Attached: space commie cringe collection.png (713x1437, 111.62K)

So I live in the woods and some person I was by in town well getting groceries mentioned him. What is he exactly?

This is poo. You're all full of poo, especially OP.
QED.

Interesting.

They said they slowed the fucking city bus down from 13,000 mph to about 900 mph only using the heat shield through near vacuum.

Here is all the public domain data that I used.

Lander Total Mass 8130 Lbs EDL 5290 lbs, Fuel 860 lbs, Rover 1980 lbs
Heat  Shield    Dia 15 ft, Area 176.7 ft^2 Material PICA, Density 0.00975 lb/in^3 Peak Temp 3790ºF
Mars   Acceleration due to gravity 12.17 ft/s^2, Dia 4,217 Miles, Atmospheric Pressure Hellas Plantita 0.1675 Psi, Olympus Mons 0.0044 Psi, Olympus Mons height 14 miles,  Atmospheric composition CO2 89%, Ni 3% Ar 1.6%
Velocities at altitude Entry interface 13,200 mph at 78 miles, Parachute deploy 900 mph at 7 miles, Back shell separation 180 mph at 1 mile 
Mars mass 6.41693 × 1023 kilograms      1.4146908900618e+24 lbs

254 seconds entry interface to parachute deploy = 366994389554 ftlb/min = 11,121,044 HP

GREENLAND

Attached: mars was faked.jpg (506x2665, 381.82K)

FUCKING CANADA

249 million miles

Leafs are the worst of us.

space is fake and gay

Freaking Russian trolls and hackers trying to denigrate another great American achievement. Ignore them. Go Team NASA!!!

Fuckton of money, but instead of using his money to get even more money and power like most rich guys instead he's pulling a full Ozymandias and trying to throw humanity into space so he can be in the history books. He's making a lot of progress, but he's not the most stable guy anymore and might be a few bad days away from going full Green Goblin at this point now that he's being booted from his own company.

Let us have nice things, not everything must be a fake and gay conspiracy.

Wrong. Literally everything is fake and gay.

OP gets it with what he posted here I focused solely on this aspect of it the initial deceleration through a vacuum using the heat shield.
Another thing I looked and looked and could never find the specific heat of the amazing heat shield material they used. It should be an easily found value but nothing no where stated the value.

Once entering the "Martian atmosphere" it had to decelerate from 12,300 mph to 5 mph. A feat that hasn't been replicated here on earth, yet was able to be completed from a distance of millions of miles.

That picture is proof that liberals are full of shit when they would say they would use DoD funding for NASA.

Heck they get angry when rich people use their money to directly contribute to lifting humanity into space, rather than to give it to some bloated & corupt government institute.

The Amazon CEO wanted to directly aid the Seatle homeless with his own money rather than to give the money to a government slush fund that the lefties skim to line their pockets.

Some wealthy musician built oversized doghouses that were lockable for the homeless.
The city that he build thsoe shelters for forced him to destroy the dog houses.

Musk wanted to send something to Mars on a Russian rocket. What happened to Musk was that the Russians refused to build him a rocket, so Musk got butthurt and built his own company.

Now the Russians might be out of a rocket industry due to how badly he fucked them over. I recall that they might now start using his company to launch hardware because the rocket launches are very cheap.

Checked for reported for announcing report.

The pint of the matter is that NASA can't even keep its own facts straight. It's astonishing. What's more astonishing is how many people cum their pants at so utterly ridiculous a photo that looks like an unfocused capture of a soiled slide underneath a microscope. What's astonishing is their claim to be able to do things that are physically impossible here on earth on mars which is millions of miles away. Fuck the supposed conditions of the atmosphere or the bullshit ill-defined theory of gravity. Regardless of claims that those factors make it more attainable, the sheer unimaginable distance from the command center to the supposed target destination makes the entire premise an exercise in comedy and a testing of the nativity of the world.

What they are having us believe is that they've slowed down a very heavy space craft that was traveling at about thrice rifle bullet speed with a parachute in a near vacuum to 5 mph in 7 minutes from hundreds of millions of miles away.

Keep it coming. Math isn't my strong suit, but you seem brilliant.

This entire situation is ludicrous.

Russian ….trolls

You okay Hillary?

This is some next level shitposting.

I wish they weren't bullshit, but they are. I'm sorry. I'm not trying to deceive anyone. I just don't like being condescended to and patronized by the US Government (literally govern=control ment=mind).

What a time to be alive

wtf is that?

What did OP mean by this? Bullets can go that speed and decelerate to 0 miles per hour by hitting a wall
**The Space Shuttle itself has a orbital speed of 1750mph but nothing NASA did is reel according to OP so we can't count that I guess*

I am far from brilliant but I will show you some of my calculations I only focused on the initial slow down and like I said it was over a trillion ft-lbs of kinetic and potential energy. Think of it this way it is about a city bus 4 tons with a 15 foot diameter magic heat shield on the front it is going 13K mph -→ 900 mph in 254 seconds

Total energy = kinetic energy + potential energy 

KE = 1/2 (mv^2)   m= 8130 lbm  v= 13,200 mph x (1hour / 3600 sec) x (5280 ft/ 1 mile) = 19,360 ft/s

Initial KE = 1/2 (8130 x 19,360^2) = ((lb sec^2)/ft) (ft^2/sec^2)=1,523,601,024,000 ft-lb

PE = mgh m= 8130 lbm g=12.17 ft/s^2  h= (78 mi + (4,217/2 mi)) x (5280 ft/ 1 mile)= 11,544,720 ft

Initial PE = 8130 x 12.17 x 11,544,720 = ((lb sec^2)/ft) (ft/s^2) (ft) = 1,142,258,840,712 ft-lb

Initial total energy = 1,523,601,024,000 ft-lb + 1,142,258,840,712 ft-lb = 2,665,859,864,712 ft-lb

Energy remaining at parachute deploy 

KE = 1/2 (mv^2)   m= 8130 lbm  v= 900 mph x (1hour / 3600 sec) x (5280 ft/ 1 mile) = 1,320 ft/s

KE = 1/2 (8130 x 1,320^2) = 7,082,856,000 ft-lb

PE = mgh m= 8130 lbm g=12.17 ft/s^2  h= 7 mi + (4,217/2 mi) x (5280 ft/ 1 mile)= 11,169,840 ft

PE = 8130 x 12.17 x 11,169,840 = 1,105,167,426,264 ft-lb

Total remaining energy = 7,082,856,000 ft-lb + 1,105,167,426,264 ft-lb = 1,112,250,282,264 ft-lb

Initial energy - Remaining energy = Energy used 

Energy used = 2,665,859,864,712 ft-lb - 1,112,250,282,264 ft-lb = 1,553,609,582,448 ft-lb

That could easily be explained as a stitching issue though.

So the average g-force would be roughly 2 g which is nothing. I'm too lazy too look up a weight but let's over-do it and say it weight five fucking metric tons.

A quick search gave this:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Electric_GE90
So one single modern turbo fan engine give fives times the thrust the heat shield would have to provide in retarding force, assuming the rover and all that shit would weigh 5 tons. There is nothing unrealistic here whatsoever.

Now this of course assumes a constant deceleration, which of course doesn't happen, but doing a quick sanity check and starting from zero (no atmosphere) and then ramping up linearly we just need to double the peak retarding force to achieve the same deceleration in the same amount of time, so at it's peak about 43 m/s² or 4 g and needing about 216 kN of force (about half of what a modern airline engine produces) for a mass of 5,000 kg. Now I think in real life it peaks at around 10 g because physics, but that is still just about one air plane engine.

It's a dust cover.

You're not really alive though, that's the thing. Everything is fake and gay. There's an infographic floating around proving it conclusively.

So they wouldn't give this massive mars landing rover windshield wipers? Classic (((NASA)))

Bullets dont travel 12Kmph
4000 ft/s = 2,727 mph

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-27 at 12.55.12 AM.png (1292x274, 70.8K)

Cherry picking the womyn engineers is retarded in its own way.

11.000HP is a lot if it's instantaneous deceleration. But we're talking about 278 seconds here, if we divide it and say there is a constant deceleration during this period, it's only about 40HP/s which is about 29kW/s. Heat shield material used by NASA in th 90's can absorb about 1.2kW/cm2. This means we need a heatshield with an area at around 24cm2. Of course you need to calculate the atmospheric resistance to figure out what surface area you need. If the problem is atmospheric density, you simply make the glide slope more horizontal to allow for more deceleration. With the atmosphere at earth, we have to decelerate from about 12km/s, only difference is the angle of the ballistic trajectory.

Chris never claimed that hole was from the ISS, it is a hole created by Space Debris, but not on the ISS, rather from a satellite
commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:SMM_panel_hole.jpg

The original was uploaded in 2006, so the band used the image from NASA, not the other way around, Chris was just being retarded.

The distance between Earth and Mars is around 35 million miles depending on the orbit.

Attached: 1542622483737.png (354x378, 140.09K)

Or you design covers that are disconnected after debris settles, but you are the genius here.

Underrated post. You certainly explained it way better than me.

Kinda reminds me of how we haven't been back to the moon and decades despite vast resources, and then later suddenly give a shit about Mars out of literally nowhere. Also no explanation on how the landing craft on the Moon could escape its gravity even if its 1/10th the force of Earth it takes 26,000MPH to break out of our atmosphere. So either that figure is bullshit or there is bullshit somewhere else in science. Either way its bullshit in and bullshit out.

Also nobody questions why NASA literally lost the blueprints for building rockets given to them by the Nazi's somehow after they mostly all died. It's that straight up civilization meme with blacks. A random Elon Musk comes along and suddenly has his own blueprints and he's got robotic rockets that can shoot and re-land in the same spot and nobody says fucking anything about it.

Fuck all these glow in the dark niggers.

Is that estimate calculated for trajectory, or is it just if you drew a straight line between Earth and Mars?

Nigga do you know the current price of sending 1kg of material into orbit?

I'm taking my figures from NASA's testimony given to AP and CNN.

Because it was either that or the Space Shuttle, you can't do both. Put yourself in NASAs position, you have a limited budget, have done several moon landings already that cost trillions in total, and you have a opportunity to move ahead with developing a next-generation partially reusable launch vehicle that's potentially cheaper instead of continuing to use 1950s era rocket technology. What would you fucking do?
The moon has no atmosphere so less wind resistance to worry about.

300-million miles on a moving comet bro

Attached: soy.jpg (640x360, 57.61K)

We're gonna take Earth for ourselves, you and your kind are moving to the sun.

20.7 BILLION DOLLARS
SURE IS LIMITED

Oy vey we need more money for the DoD to defend Israel goy

Attached: fagg.jpg (500x376, 66.33K)

Compare that to feeding niggers and it sure is.

I thought it was a Russian Astronaut that found the hole.
There was a video of it and that photo was not what they showed originally.

why do we call this site 8ch anymore? just call it infowars and let everyone post nothing but outlandish conspiracy theories about aliens, flat earth, fake moon landing, lizard people, bush did 9/11, etc.

I still trust them becausse I know they used flex tape

Blue Sky

oh he apologized while crying like a baby?
nevermind

fyi, there's still russians posting here. OP is just another example. any american that falls for this kind of crap deserves to have his mouth filled with putin's semen.

Holy shit! We found alien life on mars?!
Why isn't this being reported on?!

This shit is way more taxing on the souls, the wallets, and the resources of the American people than if everyone just played video games and built their economy around that somehow.

Mars almost spells SCAM backwards so..

Attached: curiosity.jpg (1200x1200, 199.05K)

tip jej
'nazis' already made a base on the moon and mars

oh also, nasa are freemasons

I gotta be honest who really gives a shit these days? It's not because space isn't cool its that its so far out of this fucking world the way its presented you might as well say space travel is like finding the end of an abyss.

I mean what is to get hyped about space in today's world? To extend the Globo-Homo Empire across the solar system and to other systems? Spread diversity and multiculturalism? From our point we see it as feasible and the future, but at the same time to crush this planet into submission before we extend ourselves outwards we have to focus inwards. It's not like we're getting off this shitty planet until we free up time and resources to deal with this shit storm we're in right now.

All of this is fucked. Planets fucked. Space opportunities are fucked. We're fucked. NASA's just as fucked. It didn't have to be this way either but I'm beginning to see the Ancient Flood was the only way to reset things to try again.

weird repeating yet pointless disinfo threads lately

Take your sight off that escapist nonsense user. None of it means anything except some fantasies fed to you through "science fiction".

uh you have it backwards. white people shall rule the earth. once transport and colonization of Mars becomes feasible, we're rounding up all the niggers, spics, chinks and goat fuckers into camps and then deporting them to Mars on board space ships shaped like the Hakencreuz

Attached: _58515526_jex_1321875_de27-1.jpg (600x386 25.16 KB, 80.88K)

Sorry but you are found out. Once pol wakes up to the flat earth it’s only a matter of time before the npcs wake up.

I don't get it, why do people have such a hard time believing that space exploration is a real thing? What fucking purpose would kikes have to fake it?

It's probably just boomers who came here from the Q bullshit.