Blind, burrowing amphibian named after Donald Trump

By Jack Guy, CNN

(CNN)After winning an auction to name a newly discovered blind amphibian, a British company chose Donald Trump as the creature's namesake, likening its behavior to the US President's stance on climate change.

Dermophis donaldtrumpi was discovered in Panama and has a propensity for burrowing its head in the ground, said Aidan Bell, co-founder of sustainable building materials company EnviroBuild.

"Realizing the similarities between the amazing but previously unknown creature and the leader of the free world we couldn't resist buying the rights," Bell told CNN via email.

The animal is a caecilian – a limbless, burrowing amphibian – that spends most of its time underground, according to a statement from EnviroBuild. It lost its limbs around 60 million years ago but does have tentacles that it uses to find prey.
"As demorphis donaldtrumpi is an amphibian, it is particularly susceptible to the impacts of climate change and is therefore in danger of becoming extinct as a direct result of its namesake's climate policies," said Bell in a statement.

Trump has long been known as a climate-change skeptic.

Donald Trump buried a climate change report because 'I don't believe it'

"Global warming is a total, and very expensive, hoax," he tweeted in 2013, and his stance does not appear to have changed much since he became President.

In late November, Trump dismissed the Fourth National Climate Assessment, a US government research report on climate science, because he didn't agree with its findings.

"I don't believe it," Trump told reporters, adding that he had read "some" of the report.

However, it makes for worrying reading.

"Climate change creates new risks and exacerbates existing vulnerabilities in communities across the United States, presenting growing challenges to human health and safety, quality of life, and the rate of economic growth," says the report.

Bell told CNN that his company had grown frustrated by the lack of progress at the COP24 climate talks in Katowice, Poland at the beginning of December.
"We're not a political company, but climate change shouldn't be political either," he said.

EnviroBuild paid $25,000 for the right to name the animal, which will soon be added to the vulnerable species list, at a December 8 auction to raise money for the Rainforest Trust.

"Protecting the world's remaining rainforests is now acknowledged as one of the most effective ways to mitigate climate change, yet every day nearly 70,000 acres of rainforest are destroyed forever," said Chris Redston of Rainforest Trust UK in a statement.

"This is not only one of the main causes of climate change, but it is also having a devastating impact on endangered wildlife, indigenous communities and the planet's weather patterns."

cnn.com/2018/12/19/world/burrowing-amphibian-trump-scli-intl/index.html
archive.fo/iDq2T

Attached: 181219122913-trump-caecilian-amphibian-exlarge-169[1].jpg (780x438, 25.96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

envirobuild.com/
facebook.com/ENVIROBUILDcom/
twitter.com/envirobuildcom?lang=de
instagram.com/envirobuild/
youtube.com/channel/UCcXGW9W_YFt5EdiKv_QxZxA
instagram.com/p/Bgl_zOPgsjQ/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>(((Jack Guy)))

And the left still expects us to take their pet (((scientists))) seriously.
Just like Al Gore promised we'd be under water by six years ago, right?

Attached: shit (2).jpg (836x1348, 499.54K)

(((CNN)))
Stop spamming the board with random direct link unarchived news articles.

Deliciously accurate.

Attached: 2funny4me.jpg (322x249, 88K)

The archive is literally at the bottom of the OP you fucking nigger.

wtf I hate unbiased sources now

Attached: DSC_1812.JPG (1912x2643, 431.12K)

envirobuild.com/
facebook.com/ENVIROBUILDcom/
twitter.com/envirobuildcom?lang=de
instagram.com/envirobuild/
youtube.com/channel/UCcXGW9W_YFt5EdiKv_QxZxA

instagram.com/p/Bgl_zOPgsjQ/
Look like jews.

105 Sumner Street
London, United Kingdom SE1 9HZ
+44 20 8088 4888
[email protected]

James Brueton
Co-founder
Envirobuild
+44 20 80312627
jb at envirobuild.com

Other co-founder, Aidan Bell.
ab at envirobuild.com

Firebomb their shit.

I really hope climate change is real. If nonwhites are going to inherit our countries as we die out then I hope they inherit a scorching uninhabitable desert world.

I'd much prefer the fimbulwinter because we could thrive in that, but I'll settle for runaway global warming.

Attached: e7ad288f4945bd0fce5fe10639214bade64f999f475ddb48d7e30376040c8314.jpg (1024x708, 115.95K)

The UK-Mossad parasite again.

honestly not even worth our time
this is practically a slide thread. take it to QTDDTOT

Checked & agreed. It's retarded & lame. An unimportant species is leveraged to insult Trump, which is a shorthand for insulting all pro-white peoples (regardless of the baste reality). In the process, they show themselves aligned as ANTI-ENVIRONMENT (otherwise, why insult a worm, which is a valuable part of the ecosystem?!)

It's just getting ridiculous at this point.

Hey, they said trumps higher on the evolutionary chain than king nigger.

Unless the animal is a species completely controlled by Israeli lobbyists I don't think it can be named after trump.

Pretty fucking funny. Although it would be more apt if this amphibian crawled into israeli anuses.

Top Kek imagine being this butthurt.

At the end of the day though, the critter is named after Donald Trump and not the man who paid to name it. So who's really the idiot here?

Drumpf. Aren't we based memers guys?

Attached: 471[1].png (923x432, 768.4K)

This is true, too.

Never pass up an opportunity to make a name for yourself. It's how you truly gain immortality beyond your physical shell.

Rent free

So, they named it after a man they hate? I really don't think they thought it through. And I find it funny that that report complains about the 'rate of economic growth' in true cancerous neoliberal style. Stopping deforestation would require countries like Colombia and Brazil to slow their economic growth in agriculture and beef slaughter, and that would be rude. At the same time, they are shouting that 'climate change'—note, they don't say 'global warming'—is going to end the world as we know it. If it's that bad, why not force Brazil and the rest of the relevant developing nations to stop deforestation?

user……………