Hello pol. Recently I've been messing around with a project called Keybase...

Hello pol. Recently I've been messing around with a project called Keybase, and I think it could be beneficial to our long-term survival and success as a hivemind.

The basic idea of Keybase is total end-to-end encryption for every day use cases. When you make an account, you generate cryptographic keys for each device and these keys are all linked together as you add friends, join groups and add files to your KBFS (keybase file system). Currently they let you use around 10+ gb of free encrypted cloud storage. You can also do encrypted git repos, cryptographically sign (verify) documents, etc.

I think we could benefit from something like this. The KBFS is really robust, so we can all share files, and groups are totally closed off from anyone that isn't a member.

If anyone is interested, I made a Keybase team/group called "saetet" and I've been adding redpills to my KBFS.

I've also figured out how to add+archive threads live to KBFS: check it out

keybase.pub/byhalves/Web/4chan/pol/

Thoughts?

Attached: mommy.jpg (718x707, 64.79K)

And when the Chinese regime cracks your encryption protocol with their growing quantum technology in ten years you curl up in a little ball and say goodbye.

Mein neger

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 16.88K)

Or I could just use stronger algos, of which there will be many by then that are quantum-proof

Only old shit will be at risk

glowniggers giving out christmas presents to newfags. How thoughtful. Sage.

OTP. There is no other encryption.

jackposobiec-redpill.jpg

Attached: jackposobiecinformationofficerglowniggerfedintelligence.jpg (1153x589, 101.18K)

GPG+IPFS or GTFO

These things are going to be added with time, and Keybase is by far the most accesible platform there is. You can use TOR with it as well, FWIW.

With secondary processors in all consumer hardware using a "stronger" algorithm won't solve much of anything. The most helpful thing would be OpenHardware, which has been viciously fought internationally.

Attached: f390d718b4167e38b4f7dc6465ede3959a26fd676463533612b5e08d964eeeaa.png (959x659, 46.19K)

At a high level, end-user devices are trusted and Keybase/KBFS/other servers are untrusted. On desktops, we run all KBFS processes as the current user and use OS-level secret stores, but we don’t attempt to protect against other processes owned by the same user or root.

The KBFS client doesn’t trust any data coming from Keybase or KBFS servers, and verifies any received data against the relevant users’ public keys. For the nitty-gritty details, see the KBFS crypto doc. In particular, the KBFS servers cannot see into the contents or structure of your (non-public) files.

That having been said, the KBFS servers knows what users can access which data, and will only serve data to an authorized reader of a TLF with a valid session. Furthermore, they will only serve historical (archived) data to writers of a TLF, even public ones.

Is it OTP encryption?
No.
/thread

Use tox nigger

It doesn't matter if you are using AES-NI instructions or a simple XOR instruction for your encryption, since secondary processors in consumer CPUs are everywhere for "performance" clocking purposes. All these processors are hooked into the attached chipset as well the integrated Ethernet card or even worse wireless or integrated 3G/4G/5G for "IT support" reasons and so unless you're monitoring the radio signals of your computer or Ethernet cable with hardware that you have built yourself or know doesn't have any bugs in it, then you can't be sure all your key information is being transmitted without your knowledge.

This is why agencies have made it publicly a big deal about their inability to break bad guys using encryption, which true from a purely scientific perspective, means nothing when if they have as much information as the user of this encryption. This isn't to say I'm against the use of encryption, because the proofs for the correctness of the algorithms is correct. Just don't be awed when an agency is able to read your AES-512 encrypted harddrive because the key you used was stored by processor during the operation and either secretly held in some small NAND flash somewhere in the chipset or transmitted to the agency when you used the GPL tool with a known signature to do the operation, that you from a software perspective was completely secret.

yeah nah. If you didn't take care of the hardware before using OTP you might as well write your message in a plaintext TV advert.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (2048x1536 191.94 KB, 5.43M)

pleb
you deserve what you get

good catch, thank you for pointing this out

Go ahead. Share it all. I'm on there and whatever you share I'm posting in the clear on Usenet.

Kill yourself redditwhore.

(1st pic) I used to hate that shit - deciphering that shit with a printed SOI.
took forever

Why not learn Navajo? It worked back when we fought the Nips.

Attached: 1542332060765.jpg (1024x640, 80.38K)

True.
secure != convenient
lel

Ethernet cards have chips in them too. Airgap everything and only do data transfers via the keyboard, wired obviously.

nice honey pot

I'm sure you must be aware then of the builtin problem of using OTP with ASCII encodings.