ULTIMATE ETERNAL CONFIRMATION AND SEAL

The greatest weight.– What, if some day or night a demon were to steal after you into your loneliest loneliness and say to you: "This life as you now live it and have lived it, you will have to live once more and innumerable times more; and there will be nothing new in it, but every pain and every joy and every thought and sigh and everything unutterably small or great in your life will have to return to you, all in the same succession and sequence - even this spider and this moonlight between the trees, and even this moment and I myself. The eternal hourglass of existence is turned upside down again and again, and you with it, speck of dust!"
Would you not throw yourself down and gnash your teeth and curse the demon who spoke thus?… Or how well disposed would you have to become to yourself and to life to crave nothing more fervently than this ultimate eternal confirmation and seal?

from Nietzsche's The Gay Science, s.341

Are you living the dream Zig Forums? If you had to live your life over, every second for a million repeats, would you be satisfied with what you have done thus far and how things are turning out for you?

Attached: ultimate eternal seal.jpg (400x276, 41.51K)

We don't live in the real world. We live in a virtual reality on our videogames waiting for a violent conflict that we are not prepared for.

I am with you. I was never 'prepared' for any of the bullshit that happened to me…I guess I was just curious how people felt they were doing and what they would change if they 'felt they had permission' to change something. Would you retreat, start a race war, obey the laws that are dictated to you? Would you take more risks, commit more crimes, live large?

Kill yourself, you pathetic spectator cuckold.

I suppose you could do that as well. I think I will skip. Interesting that was the first thing that came into your mind.

imagine naming your book The Gay Science

AHAHA…this is actually what I thought while reading the quote. Can you believe that I almost didn't post the title of the book because I was like The Gay Science? What a fag!

Fags have stolen everything good in the world and covered it in their filth.

Sad but true.

Attached: mfwuntermensch.jpg (900x900, 593K)

"The Happy Science." You know it sounds pretty fuckin gay no matter how you slice it .

Imagine having to live as a fag for a million different reruns. Is there a point at which you simply go, "PLEASE, NO MORE!" But you have to keep going.

Reminds me of this.

Attached: gunslinger.PNG (710x539, 953.66K)

What's wierd is that none of you remember your deaths.

NOTHING IS SOMETHING
Therefore there is no nothing.
When we die, we are instantly reborn.
Where, when, as who, idk, but we can't not exist.
this is a very christian pov ntitai

His point was, what if you couldn't escape this life just as you apparently couldn't escape being born into it. You don't know how you got here perhaps, but you find out later about biology and history, and you surmise, I had not much choice so it seems. But what if that "thrown-ness" is itself eternal? Many don't venture to consider their lives so starkly in the first place, but to consider it all the more starkly is also possible. I think his point was that this consideration is POSSIBLE, so few ever venture anywhere near it is also interesting. So what would it mean to consider this? To consider it would be to consider being for its own sake, and a life lived for its own sake, since no other sake can withstand the repetition of that life. So, would one live a life so that, if it were to be repeated over an over forever, one would have a triumphant career overall, or would one live so as to be a shirker so as to avoid too many unpleasantnesses? Would one want an immortality based on greatness or smallness?

Stephen King fucking sucks. Get some taste m8

Attached: 5kUU1.jpg (196x257, 3.2K)

the scepter of the seal looks like a surprised guy raising his arms at the sight of his huge hardon

Yes, but does it have your Seal of Approval?

hmmm poignant. I like it.