Google caught secretly recording conversations through your mobile device

Google caught secretly recording conversations through your mobile device

Google has allegedly been tapping into Android users’ mobile devices to secretly record private conversations, The Sun reported online.

Here’s what you can do to delete files, other private information

archive.is/vLrtl

Attached: S3222_DROPOUTJEEP.jpg (800x1035, 127.32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

killyourphone.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Annnnnd how do they know that if they aren't listening 24/7?

If all this wasn't obvious the minute you heard how the service works you're a hopeless rube.

I sometimes scream random obscenities into my phone. The NSA agent assigned to my case is probably worried about me. I should send them a card.

Why would this surprise any of us? I just assume anything I say within the vicinity of any phone is recorded to an NSA database for at least the next 20 years.

I use android I'm safe.

Can't tell if shit posting or tarded…

I got my phone rooted.

If you must carry a glowdark tracking unit at all times, at least make a Faraday cage for it:
killyourphone.com/

The entire article is about google not apple

>killyourphone.com/

excillent rescource.

I have aluminum mesh for protecting against EMF radiation and a host of magnetically charged materials to stop EMF waves from penetrating my home.

I suggest you stock up on aluminum foil, mesh, shungite and other emf blocking materials as in the future they will be a critical factor in surveillance and electronic warfare against the white resistors

THAT MAKES IT MORE AT RISK YOU DOUBLE NIGGER

300% retarded confirmed.

i haven't done that shit since 2009

Plebs, all of you.

I run my android devices without gapps and I still expect such things out of these devices.
fucking retards thinking you can just click a button and turn it off, just fucking look at the size of a normal lineage or omni rom and look at opengapps "stock" size.
most cases I've seen the gapps package is larger than the OS rom, my device with omni 9.0 and stock gapps comes up to 1080MB between the two, hell of a lot of space to hide shit.

Attached: acef4fc1b9885575b104e3c5f8adc0518c1fa48f51955f05921f6ee6ed84e9bf.jpg (2199x2264, 286.93K)

Why is this a surprise

Normie tier shit. Is this your first day here?

HELP (((WE))) ARE UNABLE TO DECIPHER THE SAN BERNARDINO (((SHOOTER'S)) IPHONE WE CAN'T BREAK THE ENCRYPTION
SEE WE HAVE TO BE ABLE TO ACCESS EVERYBODY'S PHONE

what exactly are you going to root your phone with , linux???

you think thats safe?

This is why they changed their policies for ACR. Autmatic Call Recording apps are prohibited recording calls according to their new policy.

Really discussing.

I use "call recorder" that's on f-droid.

OK GOOGLE

That's a legal violation of GDPR and they can be fined heavily for that. Doesn't align with the purpose specification principle they don't need audio nor web search to improve their service and I doubt it's explicitly mentioned in their ToS for the voice service. The delete all option is relevant for the fact that an user can access the data that has been collected but the data that was being collected wasn't allowed to be collected in the first place.

I'll just do a google search of how to protect my privacy online.

CIAniggers BTFO.

also you can bash them pretty good and still work, even if the rest of the device is phucked

Annnnnnd how does a phone have a belief system?

I was going to agree with you but your reasoning is a bit off. Of course gapps will be bigger than the OS. gapps is all the software/apps, the OS just runs it. Not to say google aren't putting shit in there, of course they are.

anus

Attached: bump.gif (460x480, 887.05K)

it will still be listening. best to just physically disconnect mic and speakers seeing as most people seem to have stopped making voice calls

not necessarily

I do the same but just noise. I'm trying to give them a headache.

So what. As if this is news. If you’re going to discuss sensitive information and tactics, I would hope you put all your electronics in a separate room.

now this is CIA posting.

Sign off every conversation with "my longterm plan is to bomb xxxx to get my israeli citizenship"

nasim had the right idea with youtube, now google needs a visit from some motivated young person, or a team of 12 motivated persons

How else would it be able to recognize "OK" and "OK, Google"?

Fucking this. If you don't root your phone in current year+4 you are a fucking retard. Even more so if you use your phone only for calls. You have a fucking supercomputer in your pocket, that should not be used on facebook or only calls.

t. Retard

Who needs Gapps when you have Yalp on Fdroid.

To even detect any word, the phone has to scan anything you say by default. So, practically, the phone knows everything you say, its just a matter of it deciding to record (and send it home) or not. And everyone knows that every phone has mandatory government modifications, so it could have a 1000 trigger words to start recording your conversation.
Using a mobile phone today is no different than to glue a camera on your forehead and stream 24/7 on facebook.

Pretty sure that would void the warranty on my $1000 "supercomputer". I like having that warranty, because sometimes, shit just happens.

It does only if you use SuperSu
Use magisk and if you have SuperSU uninstall it and install masgisk.

Also if you root your phone it does not automatically make it 'safe'

It only listens onna thirdy second loop goi

Why wouldn’t they record everything all the time? There are numerous advantages and zero disadvantages. They can and are and have been for years. There was no way this wouldn’t come to pass, it is the logical conclusion of this technology.

Remember, the phone is only recording AFTER you speak the magic phrase it records to know when to start recording. What do you mean "it needs to be recording all the time in order to work?" You crazy tinfoil hat person!

The problem would be bandwidth usage at the hardware layer. If every phone uploaded 24 hours of recorded audio, so lets say .5MB per minute with 1440 minutes per day it'd be near 700MB of bandwidth used per phone per day. Way too expensive even for google.

When the retard out-retards the retard.

Don't forget the battery sapping energy expense of precluding sleep on the device. There is very likely a low energy DSP whose sole job is to listen for something similar to "okay Google" and decide whether to wake the main cpu for final validation of the candidate data in the buffer.

I don't want any of that shit, and so I disabled those services/apps and whitelist-only firewalled off my outbound traffic. But if I were to design a feature like an "OK Google" wake keyword, that's how I would do it, and that's also why you wouldn't be able to make your wake phrase any random thing you wanted.

And you’re a faggot for needing a warranty

based. I'll never give a shit, and you can never make me give a shit.

i fuckig knew it!!!
i talk about some stuff, then see it suggesting links in youtube or google.
i watch vids on my friends youtube account, and suggest related links on mine! bastards got our lives by the balls
and our gov is allowing it. same as facebook. dont have an fb and nvr will

I’m not in the field so I won’t profess to knowledge above my station but I am coming from the angle of what we know from which I think it is safe to make assumptions. We know that for example every Intel processor is fully compromised to the extent that governments have to specifically request custom processors to build secure devices for their own use. This has been the case for years longer than it was public knowledge and people were able to use very convincing arguments as to why it wasn’t possible, only it was.

We know for a fact that at least one (so we can presume all) of the five eyes (so we can presume all rival agencies worth their salt) has the ability to intercept and store all data transmitted by all devices connected anywhere on the internet. We know that half a decade ago one agency alone had the ability to store a full years worth of this data. Prior to this revelation people were able to make very credible sounding arguments for why this wasn’t possible, only it was.

The incentive to build and store a permanent database containing as broad of a data field as possible is huge. I am sure any technical hurdles have been overcome already. Maybe the device stores the data temporarily on the device itself, compresses it somehow and then uploads it at an opportune time. I just can’t believe they would waste an opportunity like this and with unlimited budgets and vast intellectual and technological resources between both government and big tech, I’m sure they aren’t.

Use uMatrix. Check out >>>Zig Forums