Foxconn reconsidering plans to make LCD panels at Wisconsin plant

Foxconn reconsidering plans to make LCD panels at Wisconsin plant

reuters.com/article/us-foxconn-wisconsin-exclusive-idUSKCN1PO0FV

Foxconn Technology Group is reconsidering plans to make advanced liquid crystal display panels at a $10 billion Wisconsin campus, and said it intends to hire mostly engineers and researchers rather than the manufacturing workforce the project originally promised.

Announced at a White House ceremony in 2017, the 20-million square foot campus marked the largest greenfield investment by a foreign-based company in U.S. history and was praised by President Donald Trump as proof of his ability to revive American manufacturing.

Foxconn, which received controversial state and local incentives for the project, initially planned to manufacture advanced large screen displays for TVs and other consumer and professional products at the facility, which is under construction. It later said it would build smaller LCD screens instead.

Now, those plans may be scaled back or even shelved, Louis Woo, special assistant to Foxconn Chief Executive Terry Gou, told Reuters. He said the company was still evaluating options for Wisconsin, but cited the steep cost of making advanced TV screens in the United States, where labor expenses are comparatively high.

Earlier this month, Foxconn, a major supplier to Apple Inc., reiterated its intention to create 13,000 jobs in Wisconsin, but said it had slowed its pace of hiring. The company initially said it expected to employ about 5,200 people by the end of 2020; a company source said that figure now looks likely to be closer to 1,000 workers.

Heavily criticized in some quarters, the Foxconn project was championed by former Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker, a Republican who helped secure around $4 billion in tax breaks and other incentives before leaving office. Critics of the deal, including a number of Democrats, called it a corporate giveaway that would never result in the promised manufacturing jobs and posed serious environmental risks.

The company’s own growth projections and employment goals suggest the taxpayer investment would take at least 25 years to recoup, according to budget think tank the Wisconsin Budget Project.

Attached: 190130-foxconn-wisconsin-trump-walker-mn-0901_39e19a213a3032675636af9ebdfe08de.fit-760w.jpg (760x507, 79.91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/2018/10/30/two-charts-show-trumps-job-gains-are-just-a-continuation-from-obamas-presidency/#412f51701af3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Honestly them not opening at all would actually be a good thing based on how much water pollution their factories caused in the past and it's supposed to be right on the coast of lake Michigan

this shit belongs in news. stop spamming OP

Wasn't this the one that was going to suck up a substantial amount f water?

well, over 8 years of obama we lost 200 thousand manufacturing jobs and obama said it would be impossible to get them back, you need a magic wand
in just 2 years trump has added millions of jobs, and 4400 thousand of them were specifically manufacturing jobs, putting our levels back to even before obama

This is complete bullshit, and you know it, shlomo.

CANCEL ALL 'TRADE' WITH CHINA NYA

Attached: 0d9ea2e94ff1ec16ed31230a8011612586b2ca26558c59e52d8664a17121fd96.png (600x600, 190.59K)

Will this plant have suicide nets?

Who cares?
That was gonna be some pitifully small number of jobs, meanwhile, Trump imported 36,000 Chinese - an increase from Obana's tenure - via the H1B visa program.
Those visas are supposed to be for highly-skilled workers, yet 64% had a Bachelor's degree or below.

So, 13,000 jobs in Wisconsin? Okay, well, you've employed nearly half of the Chinks you brought in. What next?

Hilariously relevant.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1665x1132 2.69 KB, 242.47K)

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (2554x354, 73.04K)

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (2552x373 833.78 KB, 70.96K)

This is a lie

I'm so tired of the entire federal government being run by a single orange man, who is bad. If only there were other people to blame, but alas, I have the IQ of a nigger, so I must hurr durr at the lone orange man and hope someone, someday, realizes it was her turn.

Attached: jewshrug.png (556x377, 56.99K)

Not even close. It's a gopd 20 something inland.

Fucking autocorrect
Good 20 something miles.

Yeah, its totally not Trump's fault. At all.

He has no power, after all, thus he can't be blamed for anything. Very accurate reasoning there (((fellow user))).

Attached: 1st Amendment_.jpg (1272x2864, 1.04M)

Attached: no.jpg (500x500, 295.74K)

he is, by far, the most singular powerful person in the entire government, yet seems entirely incapable at doing anything on immigration, he can't even SLOW it let alone stop it in any meaningful way. Trump is a fraud, and his supporters are even better at lying to themselves then the Muslim apologists

This country is fucked.

Stop watching CNN

Bump because you have no fucking idea what leftypol believes or what D&C is,

I don't watch CNN.
forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/2018/10/30/two-charts-show-trumps-job-gains-are-just-a-continuation-from-obamas-presidency/#412f51701af3

pic related shows Trump's job gains in red and Obama's in blue. What it doesn't point out is that many people are now working two jobs because of low wages.

Attached: job_gains_month_to_month.png (771x575, 31.18K)

Fucking chinks, after we paid them a gazillion dollars.

Oh and record low unemployment is also a lie right? Fuck off shill
Trump literally can't make any more jobs because there are too many jobs and not enough people.
If you want Trump to make more jobs, that means you want more immigrants.

Protip: when a jew-owned politician says there's low unemployment, he's just stopped counting the unemployed.

Why aren't they looking for work? Probably went to school, or are enlisted in terrorism somewhere.
You're not doing yourself any favors linking to fake news and showing zero understanding.

Attached: 6ca80e75b559771f72fbf6fee5fd9dfadddad7932abb4899a67b5c249858c9c1.png (500x375, 218.46K)

Evidently cadreniggers don't get the funding they used to if you don't know how IDs work.

Or maybe I don't autistically check every ID faggot.
So you just came along said shit with zero context as your first post? Kill yourself

FAKE NEWS

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (640x375, 47.04K)

I hope you're an actual nigger. Seriously though, this place isn't reddit anymore. Go back to 4chan, voat or wherever you used to go to pretend Trumpstein was different from any other frontman for the white genocide system.

America isn't brown or young enough for 20% of 25-64 year olds to be "enlisted in terrorism" or 40% of 15-64 year olds to still be in school. Like I said
because every jew politician on the planet has fiddled with the unemployment rate for decades and you have to be underage or retarded to trumpet the unemployment rate.

Attached: The_Trump_Card.webm (300x400, 13.8M)

I meant antifa. Why work when you're paid by Soros?
If we can't trust any stats then we can't trust any stats. See how pointless everything becomes then? It's a cop out because you have nothing of substance to say

I see 53k fewer Pajeet In Streets and

44% of America is non-white. Getting 7% of shitskins working is an achievement.

Because nothing says substance like more wishful thinking about Trump and how Shariablue are lying about the economy to prevent him from activating a 14/88 trigger in whites when the stock market climbs high enough.

And while you're being an obtuse nigger and missing the point that the measure of unemployment is and has been deliberately dishonest, there are plenty of stats are trustworthy. Like the continual racial replacement of white Americans via immigration and a depressed birthrate, the opioid epidemic fueled by Afghan poppy fields ZOGbots die to protect, and my personal favorites, Chabad human trafficking drug dealing pedophiles freed and white nationalists imprisoned.

Attached: Rubashkin joyous welcome at his relatives engagement party.mp4 (800x450 5.58 MB, 6.76M)

Nice pilpul

Attached: 75843.png (775x417, 30.17K)

I was so looking forward to buying TVs made by subsidized crackhead monkeys who got fired from McDonald's and Walmart, were forced to show up for Foxconn job interviews to continue receiving welfare payments and were hired in exchange for government tax breaks. Now I can't scratch off Have TV Explode in Face from my bucket list.

Aren't the job numbers irrelevant if we add 30 million illegals to the welfare?