Coders are the new Plumbers

How does it feel to know that the last "good" career choice left to you because of your autism has now been flooded with shitty chads thanks to (((the media))) constantly promoting it, and now even coding has become just another worthless blue collar job?

How long until software engineers and product designers are forced to wear coveralls with name tags to the local tech factory?

Attached: LEARN_TO_CODE.jpg (1617x1182 206.61 KB, 129.22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

burojansen.nl/bvd-aivd/dutch-secret-service-tries-to-recruit-tor-admin/
pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/government-elections-politics/united-states-of-secrets/the-frontline-interview-william-binney/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Programming is going to become automated and the only human element in it will be extremely specialized. Any low skill human labor in programming will be outsourced to India and China.

I wonder how smug they'll perceive it when we're cutting idle capital's throat IRL. Gook faggots.

Behold the RWCS

Attached: the_keks_never_stop.jpg (958x1600, 697.52K)

Not for at least 50 Years.. The AI may be able to fix it self, or perform some simple upgrades, but to create code from scratch would require a high level of Creativity, which would require a type of sentience, which is not possible yet.

She's actually not wrong. The gook is right. Coding doesn't do anything anymore. It literally doesn't.
t. unemployed codefag for hire

That's what's literally killed coding user. Cuckold GOP members making deals with India. Places like fiverr with poo-in-loos doing what was $10,000 worth of coding ten years ago for literally $5-100 bucks.

Wew. Pic related.

Attached: Screenshot_20190206-004905_Samsung Internet.jpg (1439x2019, 709.03K)

Either you suck ass or you're in the wrong place. Companies around San Francisco will throw $150k+ at anyone with a pulse who can do basic Javascript or Ruby on Rails.

CS requires a high IQ. There's a reason there's few White womyn or niggers in CS. It's impossible for all blue collar workers to become programmers.

I tried learning to code, every person I meet treats coding like secret magic and will never help you with anything. It seems that since they self taught, they think you should have to undergo the countless hours of searching online for answers that they did, even if they already know the solution to your problem. Nobody wants to pass the torch so to speak. Everyone needs to go through the same struggle which makes the entire field of coding lag since people are learning the same things over and over.

Any real problems with CS stem from how there aren't many (((institutions))) that teach actual CS. CS means Computer Science, but many (((universities))) teach basic programming and hardly any actual science and call it CS. The result is that there is a growing amount of CS majors that graduate but can't find a decent job because they're underqualified despite their CS degree.

This happened to my cousin and his circle of friends. 5 years after graduating, only 2 of them have CS related jobs and those two got them after having to supplement their degree with information they should have already had. It turns out that their 4 year degree was mostly glorified java programming classes and many of their "actual" CS classes were just glorified java classes. Their degree, their classes, and their professors - all frauds - spics and pajeets.

If you paid attention their code sucks or its straight up just bloated garbage. This has been a problem in silicon of the White employees having to redo the poos and the chinks trash coding.

Coders are LESS than plumbers. I can call some dumb fuck in India or wherever else on the other side of the world to write code for me. But when the toilet starts to overflow, you best believe I need a real person right here, right now, who isn't afraid to go elbow-deep in actual shit to find the problem.

Coding is a lot like building a brick wall. Sure, you need someone who actually knows what he's doing to design the thing, but that doesn't change that 99% of the work is something a trained monkey or a machine can do. Same with animating, really. Why do you think there are 10,000 foreign names in the "visual effects" section of movie credits? Once you get the lead animator to direct what's going on and put together the key frames, it's nothing but bitch work to put together the in-betweens and clean up shit.

I was told that it depends on the studio, really.

tbh, the best coders I have encountered have all been EE's.

This ano things I am some or porch goon, doesn't know I actually work in weapons development.

It's not secret magic, but you will indeed have to take the first step yourself. People (some of them anyway) will be happy to teach you once you have passed the first hurdle of being able to articulate what you want done in terms of an algorithm for a couple of times (often enough to truly understand what you are doing rather than just trying shit at random). The usual bit of wisdom is "have something you need done and write the code that does it". Can be small and trivial but it needs to be a situation where you successfully tell the computer "do this thing" and it goes and does it.

That is the bit you have to wrap your mind around yourself. After that you will find people willing - and able - to help you. Before that, many won't see much of a point in helping you in the first place because they know you won't understand them. The rest will try and give up in frustration.

My C++ teacher started with C, and he says java is a meme language. :)

My phone is drunk again.

Having a math background really helps. I don't mean a PhD but AP level R&F and calculus helps. Think of it like a talking calculator that only speaks French and only responds to proper grammar.

There is a need in the USA for Data Engineers, who can help SME clean, and upgrade their Data Systems. About 75% or more of these companies are still using Excel, and they waste millions on errors, labor, and waster time because of this.

A Data consulting company might be a potential for a decent local business, for a coder.

Attached: panjeet.jpg (516x734, 35.25K)

You're a foreigner. Anons know better than to suck hyperbole.

Get your masters and build a portfolio.

Now what about contrasting?

I code exclusively in c++ and C, Java is a pile of shit.

Blue collar jobs are not worthless. Being a (self-employed) plumber is great - you work at your own pace and make great money with relatively little effort if you know what you're doing.

Here's the secret on how to L2C without a single internet search:
1. Get, read, understand, memorize The Art of Computer Programming
2. Pick programming languages you want to do, I recommend Python to start with, then C and bash, followed by C++/php/depends on what you want to specialize in, and get books on them with a reference section in them
3. Start coding, never stop

This. Sage for shit thread. And any capable man knows how to work multiple different jobs. If you specialize you're doomed to fail, if you don't keep learning constantly.

Python -> C/Bash -> php for fucks sake? Are you serious? Why not Basic -> Fortran -> Erlang?

Learn a useful language and set of frameworks like Ruby (on Rails), Swift (Foundation/UIKit), Java (whatever faggoty shit they do), JavaScript/HTML5/CSS (pick your favorite make JS not a piece of shit wrapper), C# (.Net) etc. Fucking Objective-C, as old as it is, is more valuable than that shit list you just produced.

Project Euler command line programs and outdated stupid shit languages will impress nobody when they need someone to push work and you can’t put a text box on a screen because some retard told you C++ was for the cool kids.

All of those languages and frameworks I listed above have shitloads of online tutorials, exercises, docs, and are highly supported in interactive development environments (IDEs). This way you don’t get discouraged by trying to compile your notepad written program from a goddamn shell and quit thinking programming is fucking horrible and wondering how anyone but a turbo autist could do this

This lmao, plumbers can easily charge $100+ per hour…

Millwrights and machinists require high IQs too, and are also considered blue collar.

bruh

im a 25 year old welder and a construction worker without higher formal education living in eastern europe
ive finally saved enough cash and thought about going to the math uni (only top 200 uni in my country) to become a coder, and now you tell me this is a bad choice?
im also interested in aeronautics, i'd love to study propulsion mainly for missiles but even working for commercial flight industry would be good
i also find materials science/metallurgy interesting as well, but i dont know how exactly employable would this be, not sure how accredited these programs are and my country doesnt really have any advanced industrial/research institutes for designing new materials

this shit is too fucking hard i swear, i just want to be employable, i would like to pursue career in ai and i can always fall back to private math classes (tho dumb kids can prolly just google whatever math classes they need), i dont know, guess im fucked whatever i choose to do in life
this topic honestly depresses me so hard i start thinking about ending it all, im not happy as a simple workshop welder who will never do anything important in life, never launch a satellite, never work on a military secret sort of stuff, space sector, never be involved in anything of strategic importance, just do low level bitch jobs for ever, go to pension without ever achieving anything of any importance like i never lived in the first place

In Australia, FIFO mineworkers are paid stupid amounts of money for blue collar work. More than that mole probably gets paid.

(checked)
You don't need to go to uni to L2C. Engineering is a great choice.

Also you are forbidden from dying or going to jail until you have cost zog more than US$2m.

btw, blue collar might be spiking hard in the current market
im and i took a few c/c++ jobs just because i kinda liked it and i knew some basic c from back when i was learning it as a hobby, and ive seen the money in coding, but ive also seen what money certain self employed welders and electricians make so i became both and now do those things self employed myself, ive also seen mechanics and plumbers build a second house by the time they are 40, ive also seen millionaire repairmen and technicians on various construction sites driving around latest audis and whatnot

Zog will happily collect that amount from my taxes you mong.

(reluctantly checked)
That's on you, not me or zog.

Feel free to go be a plumber user, start with learning how to sit on a plunger like a proper tranny.

coding anons answer me this
How do you even keep up with all these changes like there keeps popping a thousand programming language frameworks(Javascript in particular) every fucking hour and reading the documentation is always fucking annoying.This routine can't continue after your cross 40s.
What do senior coding developers do in their 40s?

coding is clearly not for you if you do not enjoy that sort of shit
that kind of stuff is simply like when they add a new weapon/character in a videogame, another tool or thing to test and have fun with

to me coding is like (good) videogames, its just fun, you are constantly figuring out new ways to solve problems, you are experimenting, trying out new things, testing your brain against the puzzles, you are trying to expand your understanding of the mechanics and then you are trying to apply said mechanics in order to solve and re-solve problems faster, or with using less resources, etc

kinda like dwarf fortress, vicky2/stellaris/hoi/eu4 or other paradox games, or even like high math and encryption
if you dont find fun trying out and testing new tools i doubt just the money will be enough for you to stay, kinda like its fun to try new strategies against other players in strategy videogames after a new patch is released and everyone is on shaky grounds, what used to be the best way of doing things is now gone and you receive the pleasure out of figuring the new best way before the others do

Seriously? In my country you will learn data structures in the first year (not just what they are but when to use each appropriately) and heavy emphasis is put on performance programming. Later on the courses will give equal emphasis to performance and maintainability. Algorithms are covered and there are sections where you mightn't touch a computer at all, more like a mathematics course.

In my country degrees might be handed out like chips, but people don't take CS unless they actually like computers because it's seen as boring. Chinese students provide a large amount of funding, and locals get low interest loans that they only have to pay back if they earn over a certain amount (about $40K US). So there's an incentive for universities to ensure graduates get jobs that can actually pay back the loan, or to kick out students who might look like they'll never earn it.

Was always going to happen, anyone that can actually create something useful will be targeted for hate by the useless.

durr hurr!

You fucking morons wouldn't know programming if it hit you square in the face. Real low-level programming like medical equipment, video game engines, security software, embedded systems - shit where you have to dive into C or Assembly, that still requires god-tier skill and no amount of indian trash, Sanfran hipster or AI will be able to do it. You all, just like that thot in OP's post, as usual, barely understand what you're talking about.

Read all the documentation. It is the only way.

Of course a smug asian woman is talking shit about coding, because she can't do it. Man, I code all the time and I'm learning some cutting edge stuff, I don't care what anyone says, this stuff is very unlikely to be "blue-collared" anytime soon. Truck drivers and factory workers will be automated first before they come for software engineers.

maybe varg and kazinsky were all right

what if the global zog release bubonic plague 7.0 because drones can drive trucks and do agriculture now? man maybe they will attempt a global genocide of the working class, since the machines do work so much better, faster and cheaper than any hand can do

better say goodbye to toilet paper and papermap ur favorite freshwater sources cos life for non zog may quickly become just alaskan/siberian innawoods gorilla warfare
rip

Attached: Robot Integration.jpg (1600x1053, 549.53K)

stupid smug nigger faggot journalist dont know that "learn to code" wasnt meant to be taken literally and they look like drooling idiots responding like this. it was a reaction to leftyniggers telling blue collar workers being laid off to "learn to code" or "get a degree" in whatever shitty field they thought was important. They have the memory of 2 year olds, just 3 years ago seems like another life ago to them and no longer matters.

Also, I dont know much about coding besides the fact that it isnt becoming a fucking blue collar job. the brown hordes that list on their resumes they can "code" just mean they can syskey your fucking PC and scam 70 year old boomers. Actual coding is a skill that wont go out of style, just like any trade skill is useful. They would get mad if you told them to do anything useful instead of being a crybaby leech.

Man, specialized welders can make great money in CE or EE. I have friends in SR that are welders and make 3k€ a month. Which is a lot of money over there for a blue collar job. They work in a nuclear powerplant, welding using argon (or something like that) and doing welding inspections (using those radioactive tubes).

I am in the software business. The more west you go, the more you see standard-level programmers being replaced by Indians or Pakis. Indians are cheap as fuck and most of them do a shit job, but companies can hire 5x times more of them for the same price of a single good programmer. So, sometimes they get something done well enough.

You have to be good and very productive to get a good pay in the software business. Yes, you can easily earn 30-50k€ being a mediocre programmer, but that's not worth the effort. 60k€ and more is what you should aim for, because it's difficult to keep the pace the older you get.

The IT industry is moving fast. Everyday there's something new. You have to keep learning forever. New technologies, new software, new versions of the same technologies. Around the 30 years old mark normie men tend to lower down their standards, because they start families and it is simply not possible to keep the edge with all family responsibilities.

Don't go for soy technologies like NodeJS, webdev or mobile app dev - these are the cucks of the IT industry. Choose something you can make actual career of, such as embedded/FPGA programming or cyber security.

Keep in mind that working 45-50 hour weeks in an office will make you long for manual work in your garden or a workshop. Your shifts will start to creep into your personal life, because the management pulled out the project delivery date out of their asses, so you have to keep working late on Friday.

If you like aeronautics and materials science - I think those might be better options. There aren't as many people good with advanced math required for these. Materials science, especially nanomaterials, is what's hot today. Other than that, if I were to decide today what to study, I'd go for Data Science (machine learning, AI, etc.). The computers as we know it today will change in the next decade to allow for more efficient ML and AI applications.

Attached: ukraine.jpg (1280x960, 197.56K)

Figure out how to retire before 55.

The cringe is real.

kek, i wouldnt go for the it soy industries, i'd go straight to advanced math into scientific software, big data algorithms, encryption/decryption, etc
it really is just pure pakis and soy, legit programming should be as close to the metal, zero bloatware, writing your own compilers if its going to speed you up .5 a second

im also noticing army intelligence recruiting pure math degrees who code if you win at one of their competitions

Reminded me of this story:
burojansen.nl/bvd-aivd/dutch-secret-service-tries-to-recruit-tor-admin/

Keep in mind that gov jobs don't pay very well, but are safe in the long-term. Doing digital forensics is something government needs and can include wide variety of skills required (electronics, reverse engineering, cryptography, OS hacking/internals, programming, etc.). ML/AI is also needed to process all that surveillance data.

The military needs stuff like image processing, real-time systems, formally verified programs, robust and resilient hardware, etc. Yes, they also needs cryptographers and mathematicians, but I think unless you are one of those kids that used to win math olympics since 5th grade, it might be difficult to get in.

Picking up your career when you are 30 might be too late if you aim for being considered better than the rest.

This guy is basically one of those:
pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/government-elections-politics/united-states-of-secrets/the-frontline-interview-william-binney/

A monkey can code, but it takes an actual human being with a brain aka a white man to actually design and develop software of any complexity.

The basic concepts of programming are fairly universal, you just learn each languages syntax and features

nice meme

There was an AI that made a better version of the TCP protocol than any human ever could.

Attached: 2885a2e6816549d7847b89c47e327b1e1d157b0254328af007d7abe091638c01-pol.png (1000x1120, 494.71K)

Why are you posting softcore homosexuality, retard?

Attached: 95c5828c859e590842383097b346f4dcf97588e508f5af4ad23ec3539706a8c0.png (498x441, 297.63K)

I bet you the faggot thought he was on Zig Forums or /b/.

coding IS programming though
it is not software engineering though
I engineer software and get the "co-ops" aka programmers to write it up, then review it and rewrite it myself when it's not good enough.

dumb faggot
the machine optimized the output by performing packet reordering and caching for a WAN, basically branch prediction for the NIC, about 20 years late. Machines aren't creative enough to create entire protocols yet.

It's a race to the bottom because guilds, feudalism and meritocracy aren't a thing anymore. Communism kills productivity dead and brings quality improvement to a halt. But capitalism is only good for the consumer as long as quality is profitable. But they have learned that marketing, quantity, planned obsolescence and worst of all PRICE COLLUSION is way more profitable than having the best product for a fair price. Huge corporations can just agree to inflate their prices evenly and if some new little startup tries to undercut them they just operat at a loss until it's dead, but they don't even have to do that because they've bought enough laws and regulations from prostiticians (prostituted politicians which is all of them because as we all know they only serve their donors and personal interest, not the people) so that new startups in manufacturing are virtually impossible.

This is not an advocacy for Communism, that's not even worth considering in theory, but capitalism is failing hard. That is why commie shitters like Bernie and AOC can drum up popularity for their failed ideas.

Well I'll tell you a secret because you are young and don't understand your environment yet. Eastern Europe is a special place/ case, it's got clever people but is underdeveloped for this iq. Most of the people you are looking at and admire are actually criminals. They go to other countries do substandard work causing chaos in the emploment market, and when they are done they steal a car or two and take it home. Later they buy an identical car that has had a very bad accident and turn the stolen car into the crashed car, cleaning its identity.
They can buy a second house because houses and land in E Europe are still cheap, their wages don't cont come from your own domestic economy.

There is pharo smalltalk which has a free mooc, and i guess many other MOOCs

IMHO, once you get to know a language, you are only halfway. You should pick some project you find interesting/relevant to your other areas of expertise and try making small modifications to it, adding features, fixing bugs. That's what hacking actually is. Again, pharo as a completely self contained environment is good for that. For web stuff web2py is quick for prototyping stuff.

This OP is stupid, coding became a worthless job because of chinese and hindu diploma mills. the jobs are given away to foreigners to talented white coders, just because it's cheaper to hire bindis.

I'm taking millright courses. Can confirm, just white guys in my classes.

Low skill labor in programming will be automated.
The parts the AI cant do require creativity IE white people.

Have you actually worked with them? They break shit like crazy and cost the company millions more than a good programmer does by constantly going over schedule and budget and requiring a good (white man) programmer to clean up their mess. Stop being a lefty nigger trying to blackpill us about immigration being "profitable" to hire. They're not. It's white genocide, plain and simple, because they're actually paying a premium on replacing you.

I'm sure a bunch of the anons here even have graphs showing you how much immigrants cost America more than native citizens.

This is typical kike behaviour. No white man is ever shamed by the job and trade he practices.

A jew on the other hand is obsessed with gaining status to sustain his supremacism. He will never work a honest day's job in his life, but constantly conspire and lie his way up.

You can't even pay rent on a shitty ghetto apartment in San Francisco for $150,000 a year.

neck yourself

This thread is full of terrible advice.

Attached: yuri.png (1000x837, 248.79K)

Of course. It's like an imitated club. Why the fuck would we give credence for people who weasel their way out of the work if all they're useful for is looking up stack overflow answers?If we keep to ourselves, the only people who can talk about coding are experienced and only have good things to contribute to a larger programming community.

Attached: 34a522dcff484fb74b58d679d348a540070e67ef8e11760f7b604b747b910b49.png (338x253, 162.1K)

Neck yourself for that image, faggot.

Attached: luhanstk faggots.PNG (256x256, 116.6K)

Very true. Capitalism vs. communism brings the hegelian synthesis social democracy, which is nothing else than the system letting the small fish play like they counted something and intervening only if the fish grows up too big and becomes a nuisance.

Attached: Out.png (314x252, 45.05K)

By ignoring the vast majority of them. I used angular, got a job doing that, used react for a few weeks while unemployed, and now I'm working with vuejs. Each solves problems or standardizes what came before it.

Hey Hey 16k, what does that get you today?

What a stupid bitch

Holy fuck is that image fucking pathetic

Attached: 6b122e401d638a67f72a268d405c4a07f347c98e2188b37cc48e30da62547814.gif (266x268, 1.07M)

DAILY REMINDER THAT IF YOU CAN'T WRITE YOUR OWN COMPILER, YOU'RE NOT A PROGRAMMER

youd also be surprised how slow some organizatins are to pick up on these new technologies

i just got a assignment that requires that we use ONLY html5

This. Been a programmer for over 10 years now and staunchly ignored each and every stupid fad until it either went away or I actually needed it for something. No point cluttering your brain with shit you don't need, is there?

Staying the fuck away from everything Javascript or Java helps, too. Both have two things in common: a similar syntax and an asshole hobbit of everyone and their dog writing exciting! new! libraries to solve trivial problem 20 people solved before, but in subtly different ways. Besides, being either a web monkey or a blue chip corporate code slave both suck royally.

Humans are error prone, lazy, will just flat out make bad decisions. Over time programming will be done by AI and it will come sooner than expected. When it comes to maintenance of networks and troubleshooting it will be even sooner. Humans shouldn't be working at desks sitting for 8 hours straight anyhow. It's bad for your health and joints.

Yeah, just live in a degenerate hellhole full of taco niggers where your $150,000 will pay for a deluxe apple crate sitting in a pile of hobo shit.

Attached: niggatry.png (419x360, 281.16K)

are you well paid? what do you recommend?

there is serious money in fads imo like REACT native but then again these fads are in demand in places not popular with Zig Forumsacks like Londonistan or SF

Coders? lel

At least a plumber can unclog a toilet. Coders are an emptyheaded lot that can't function in the real world and tend to suffer from delusions of exaggerated self-importance. Meanwhile, at this juncture, all they REALLY do is serve their masters in Tel Aviv and Dimona, like the well-crafted kabuki puppets they are… All the while being too stupid to even realize it. Only thing worse than coders are gaYmers.

Reasonably well. I work for an opensource company, doing packaging and Python programming. Pay is reasonable but not terribly high - comes with the opensource territory, I guess. Too many idealists who are not in it for the money (me, I'm more of a mercenary).

I knew that but took the job anyway since it's low stress, lets me work from home and does not come with any dress code shit. Not nearly as pozzed as all these trany daycares in Silly Valley either. Actually have quite a few based colleagues. SJWs exist but they're a fairly small minority.

Recommend…not sure. I like where I am right now. Not recommended if you're in it for the money. But I'll take the decent-ish salary and the ability to live somewhere I can afford my own house any time.

Exactly. Another reason to stay the fuck away from that shit. Al it gets you is the situation described so aptly.

So can this coder. Or install an entirely new toilet plus tank. I draw the line at messing with anything involving gas, though.

By and large you are right. Met a lot of these useless high tech mandarins, yes. Especially in the "tech hubs" where a lot of so-called "techies" are literally incapable of changing a light bulb. Sucks to be them.

Well. Gotta pay the bills somehow. And while I'm capable of getting by in plumbing and a few other trades, I'm not willing to take the pay hit at this point. Once the IT ship starts to list (and it will), I'm going to be among the first to abandon it. But until that point it's going to keep my bills paid and my prepping financed.

You must be really enjoying your degenerate brown shitholes.

Attached: polska.gif (500x280, 1.06M)

C has value. C++ is the devil, unless you have all top tier coders working on the project. There's too much freedom to royally fuck up. Java puts guardrails on so if you have some idiots around, they can't fuck it up too bad.

Java's real downside these days is you can't put it on embedded systems, they just don't have the power still.

Classic.

In my experience, you don't save much with indian coders. They won't admit when they don't have any idea what you are talking about, the time difference is a real problem and they generally suck.

Fuck no, $250k a year isn't enough to live with that bullshit. Homeless, human shit, hepatitis, drugs, muggings, can't carry a pistol, have to kowtow to PC bullshit.

Like Russia? Full of mudskins and mongrel turks.

Give an example of an automated code.

Attached: 1534263493323.jpg (228x221, 4.82K)

Journalism in the "Current Year": AI = Template