Inside Lives Of PTSD-Stricken, Underpaid Facebook Moderators

One auditor walks the floor promoting the idea that the Earth is flat. A former employee told me he has begun to question certain aspects of the Holocaust. Another former employee, who told me he has mapped every escape route out of his house and sleeps with a gun at his side, said: “I no longer believe 9/11 was a terrorist attack.” -The Verge archive.is/T5cPa

Attached: 21c7624c40a173ea833b6b5e4d05d1f55f9dd71f.jpg (1200x800, 111.77K)

A post calling someone “my favorite n—–” is allowed to stay up, because under the policy it is considered “explicitly positive content.”

“Autistic people should be sterilized” seems offensive to him, but it stays up as well. Autism is not a “protected characteristic” the way race and gender are, and so it doesn’t violate the policy. (“Men should be sterilized” would be taken down.)

In January, Facebook distributes a policy update stating that moderators should take into account recent romantic upheaval when evaluating posts that express hatred toward a gender. “I hate all men” has always violated the policy. But “I just broke up with my boyfriend, and I hate all men” no longer does.

Employees also cope using drugs and alcohol, both on and off campus. One former moderator, Li, told me he used marijuana on the job almost daily, through a vaporizer. During breaks, he says, small groups of employees often head outside and smoke. (Medical marijuana use is legal in Arizona.)
“I can’t even tell you how many people I’ve smoked with,” Li says. “It’s so sad, when I think back about it — it really does hurt my heart. We’d go down and get stoned and go back to work. That’s not professional. Knowing that the content moderators for the world’s biggest social media platform are doing this on the job, while they are moderating content …”

Please check the catalog next time

Employees would compete to send each other the most racist or offensive memes, he said, in an effort to lighten the mood. As an ethnic minority, Li was a frequent target of his coworkers, and he embraced what he saw as good-natured racist jokes at his expense, he says.
''But over time, he grew concerned for his mental health.
“We were doing something that was darkening our soul — or whatever you call it,” he says. “What else do you do at that point? The one thing that makes us laugh is actually damaging us. I had to watch myself when I was joking around in public. I would accidentally say [offensive] things all the time — and then be like, Oh shit, I’m at the grocery store. I cannot be talking like this.”''

thank you

mods, please delete thread.

The only thing that makes this sad is that in their heart they must have wanted to go in there and cause mayhem like a properly liberated human, but they had to go in and behave like a robot. The simple difference between getting stoned and doing something you love, and getting stoned to alleviate the boredom of what you know is exercise in futility.
Li sounds like a right fucking faggot.

Holy shit.

You really ARE redpilling normies.

Good job!

it's hilarious to read the comments about this on (((hackernews)))

It's like a King trying to take every poison known to man to inoculate himself and he just fucking dies instead.

This narrative is too perfect to be true. We're accidentally vaulting pajeets into Frank Dec territory? I smell a covert kike op.

Until we find out for sure, however, this is funny as hell. We're contagious.

Oh it was, it was just a terrorist attack that was funded and organized by the US gov, military, Israel, and Saudi Arabia. But that's true of many terrorist attacks I guess…

HAHAHAHA I'm off to shitpost in the normiesphere to drag them to hell with us

That place is too insufferable to read.

Fuck off nigger.

why would jew do this?

Attached: lazy mods.png (825x370, 188.43K)

sounds like the last 3 generations of americans to be honest. TRAUMA BASED MIND CONTROL ON A MASSIVE SCALE

Attached: tv mind control.jpg (680x960, 79.17K)

Says the nigger

Zig Forums memes at least contain a kernel of truth and that truth wills out. Lefties only work with lies.

I bet if you only do it for a week or two it's the funniest job ever.

I need to find out where exactly this place is and stand outside waving my Third Reich Kreigsfahne every day. Not even joking. Come on anons dig!

Stop trying to prop up that don't pos site here faggot. No one cares.

Attached: 875fa799ada578944c467eb0d76a9415110f7743e3a47fae487c610d1b42a0d2.jpg (1377x927 203.86 KB, 217.92K)

Cognizant sounds just like my college years.

They are trying to come up with 'creative ways for us to cope' so that we don't attempt ACCELLERATIONISM and FUCK UP THEIR PLANS
ACCELLERATIONISM NOW!!

It is in Phoenix…most like in Tempe somewhere where they have a lot of college age slaves who could do a job like that.

There's already a thread, cuckchanner.