REMINDER: THE JEW FEARS ARETE

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arete

Arete (Greek: ἀρετή), in its basic sense, means "excellence of any kind".[1] The term may also mean "moral virtue".[1] In its earliest appearance in Greek, this notion of excellence was ultimately bound up with the notion of the fulfillment of purpose or function: the act of living up to one's full potential.

The term from Homeric times onwards is not gender specific. Homer applies the term of both the Greek and Trojan heroes as well as major female figures, such as Penelope, the wife of the Greek hero Odysseus. In the Homeric poems, Arete is frequently associated with bravery, but more often with effectiveness.

In particular, the aristocratic class was presumed, essentially by definition, to be exemplary of arete: "The root of the word is the same as aristos, the word which shows superlative ability and superiority, and aristos was constantly used in the plural to denote the nobility."[4]

By the 5th and 4th centuries BC, arete as applied to men had developed to include quieter virtues, such as dikaiosyne (justice) and sophrosyne (self-restraint).

It was commonly believed that the mind, body, and soul each had to be developed and prepared for a man to live a life of arete. This led to the thought that athletics had to be present in order to obtain arete. They did not need to consume one's life, merely exercise the body into the right condition for arete, just like the mind and soul would be exercised by other means.[7]

Arete is a significant part of the paideia of ancient Greeks: the training of the boy to manhood. This training in arete included physical training, for which the Greeks developed the gymnasion; mental training, which included oratory, rhetoric, and basic sciences; and spiritual training, which included music and what is called virtue.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicomachean_Ethics

The Nicomachean Ethics (/ˌnɪkoʊˈmækiən/; Ancient Greek: Ἠθικὰ Νικομάχεια) is the name normally given to Aristotle's best-known work on ethics. The work, which plays a pre-eminent role in defining Aristotelian ethics, consists of ten books, originally separate scrolls, and is understood to be based on notes from his lectures at the Lyceum.

The theme of the work is a Socratic question previously explored in the works of Plato, Aristotle's friend and teacher, of how men should best live. In his Metaphysics, Aristotle described how Socrates, the friend and teacher of Plato, had turned philosophy to human questions, whereas pre-Socratic philosophy had only been theoretical. Ethics, as now separated out for discussion by Aristotle, is practical rather than theoretical, in the original Aristotelian senses of these terms.[1] In other words, it is not only a contemplation about good living, because it also aims to create good living. It is therefore connected to Aristotle's other practical work, the Politics, which similarly aims at people becoming good. Ethics is about how individuals should best live, while the study of politics is from the perspective of a law-giver, looking at the good of a whole community.

The Nicomachean Ethics is widely considered one of the most important historical philosophical works, and had an important impact upon the European Middle Ages, becoming one of the core works of medieval philosophy. It therefore indirectly became critical in the development of all modern philosophy as well as European law and theology.

The first philosopher to write ethical treatises, Aristotle argues that the correct approach for studying such controversial subjects as Ethics or Politics, which involve discussing what is beautiful or just, is to start with what would be roughly agreed to be true by people of good up-bringing and experience in life, and to work from there to a higher understanding.[4][5]

Taking this approach, Aristotle begins by saying that the highest good for humans, the highest aim of all human practical thinking, is eudaimonia, a Greek word often translated as well-being or happiness. Aristotle in turn argues that happiness is properly understood as an ongoing and stable dynamic, a way of being in action (energeia), specifically appropriate to the human "soul" (psuchē), at its most "excellent" or virtuous (virtue translates aretē in Greek). If there are several virtues then the best and most complete or perfect of them will be the happiest one. An excellent human will be a person good at living life, who does it well and beautifully (kalos). Aristotle says that such a person would also be a serious (spoudaios) human being, in the same sense of "serious" that one contrasts serious harpists with other harpists.

Attached: 2.png (550x735 326.32 KB, 54.33K)

The kikes don't fear excellence if they can use said excellence to push their agenda forward.

of course

From Mein Kampf

Simultaneously, the Jew gave himself the air of thirsting after knowledge. He lauded every phase of progress, particularly those phases which led to the ruin of others, for he judges all progress and development from the standpoint of the advantages which these bring to his own people. When it brings him no such advantages, he is the deadly enemy of enlightenment and hates all culture which is real culture as such. All the knowledge which he acquires in the schools of others is exploited by him exclusively in the service of his own race.

They fear it enough to get the first post.

Based Hitler hits the nail on the head again.

If you're suggesting that I'm a kike, then you can fuck right off. I see this plainly from observation. There was a thread here not long back about a top British surgeon who instead of using his excellent talents towards progressing biomedical science to real greatness, his talents were instead squandered on improving how to make the lives of trannies and their operations and procedures better. The "excellence" of this doctor was used to push the kikes' agenda. That's exactly what I mean.

Can, won't. You're smart for a kike, you can infer things. Use that innate advantage to realize the best course of action for you is removing yourself. It'll be easier for everyone.

Yep, JIDF shitposter. Filtered.

You found a word on Wikipedia and felt the need to copy/paste the article here. Good job, you must be a very big-brained intellectual.

Clearly, I'm hitting the target if I'm getting flak like this. It's no brainer that non-Jews who would otherwise bring mankind to great heights have their talents redirected instead to promoting and improving kike-led degeneracy. Kikes don't fear Arete if they can direct it towards their own needs and ends. Hitler tried to use excellence in such a way as to not benefit (((them))), sadly he was not permanently successful in this endeavor.

You should hit the target inside your misshapen mischling skull.

Fuck off, JIDF. Filtered.

This is true. Sadly, even those who elevate themselves above the consumerist degeneracy still have their talents and gifts channeled toward advancing the kike's agenda.

Smarter than you, kike.

Attached: 2.jpg (900x1243 667 B, 271.29K)

And the little guy with the big nose runs away. Let's all remember to not be excellent, or some other completely empty nonsense argument. If you're excellent, you aren't being manipulated by kikes to begin with. If you're a kike, you're this ignore-list Redditspawn or someone far too similar to him.

Two non-arguments.

Can't really argue with kikes. You just filter them.

>pointing out jewish wrongdoing is not an argument because i say so and therefore jewish wrongdoing must not be discussed SHUT. IT. DOWN.

Attached: 2.png (1200x489 48.89 KB, 122.28K)

The issue here is that there isn't anything wrong with the concept but the thread is fucking shit. It's literally just posting a (((Wikipedia))) article without the least hint of transformative effort, i.e. OP is a massive faggot and acts like a massive faggot when being called out.

This is the kind of poster CM wants on Zig Forums now.

Well, I do agree that this is a shit thread. OP should go back to the drawing boards and reformulate. Though, it does seem like he's definitely stepping on some kike's toes since it's attracted some JIDF trolls. OP is onto something, but needs improvement.

Hitler was a great man, it's a shame of the two of us I'm the only one with anything in common with him.

If you truly genuinely believe anyone who disagrees with you must be a Jewish shill, you are part of the cancer that has killed this board.

The fact that "philosophy" has fallen so far into imperative rather than ethics is indicative of our decline.

hint: that poster tried to exert itself as a moral authority and proclaimed that discussions about arete are bad (and it did not complain about a literal shitpost >>12867000 for some reason)

meant for

Yea, people generally expect you to MAKE A GOOD FUCKING THREAD you retarded nigger.

I mean fucking hell

Based arete-user back for round two.
Bump.

cool content policing. kind of strange that you think a thread about arete is bad.

if i translated aristotle into eubonics and pidgin english and threw in some interpretive dance, twerking, and mimes, would that be more suitable for your tastes?

Attached: 5.png (1800x1578, 198.8K)

Just go away, you annoying faggot.

It's 'ebonics', it's very obviously 'ebonics.' Jesus fuck.

Attached: e3dd15ac18d253a001353233e4937b09dd25c8ceb894fc6615ab025891dbec2e.png (516x526, 260.62K)

Fuck off moshe.

I'm a regular Chinese poster on here (usually lending my support in nofap threads) - and i'll be spamming this at work on Monday, where the vast majority of my colleagues are white.

Thanks so very much for this. We shall reawaken Western civilisation! Your message here shall not have been stated in vain!

Nonwhites aren't allowed to post here but I'm not surprised that CM doesn't do shit about plague races.

You seem like a pretty toxic person, friend.

That's usually a kike word reserve for dissidents who criticize the neo-Weimar regime.

Attached: 1.png (735x541, 26.73K)

I don't know what the Jews meant by it, or whether you're trying to tell me it's word typically reserved for use by only Jews - but the user above still seems toxic & dysfunctional.

Attached: 1551582745089.png (475x315, 70.07K)

he's spreading good info out there, so i can't agree. the toxic people getting provked by the thread would be one indication of this, right? threads are not contributed only by the op; you could say the quality of a thread also depends on how other users contribute to it, which means you could also say that when the trolls came out to unleash their bile about this thread, their bile and trolling has made the thread shit - you could argue that these trolls shitted up the thread and made it shit, with the intention of giving their fellow trolls, & others, excuses to refer to this thread as shit.

What op has stated is great information, not least because it has provoked the trolls

Also, you could say all threads are open to improvement, since no thread is perfect, so you're not really saying anything of use, it would seem to me. I would also say that simple, digestible information is ideal in order for it to spread further and wider; my colleagues prefer drinking, following and talking endlessly about sports and their latest binge on netflix, overeating on junk food - they are mired in the enjoyment of material pleasures, so maybe simple, digestible information on philosophy and Ancient Greek ideals on the pursuit of greatness & heroism - things they cant feel and see in their immediate 'now' or 'instant gratification' worldview - might be the thing that's needed in order to shake the foundations of their worldview, chipping away at it little by little.