Rhodesia Thread

ITT: We post Rhodesia related stuff along with a discussion about Rhodesia and what a time it was.
Aswell saffers are welcome

Attached: sofinrhodesia.jpg (648x1330 111.45 KB, 284.92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/memoriesofrhodesia
cwporter.com/rhodesia.html
historyreviewed.com
pastebin.com/D54iB3Zs
archive.is/CRIzz
frontline.org.za/index.php?option=com_content&id=1078:remembering-rhodesia
archive.is/zQen9
frontline.org.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=100000012:remember-rhodesia-pray-for-zimbabwe&catid=39:zim-rep&Itemid=186
archive.is/G8Rs0
frontline.org.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1086:a-tribute-to-ian-smith&catid=39:zim-rep&Itemid=186
archive.is/8RvTK
frontline.org.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1104:40-years-after-rhodesias-udi&catid=39:zim-rep&Itemid=186
archive.is/rV9aA
frontline.org.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1114:ian-smith-was-right-after-all-&catid=39:zim-rep&Itemid=186
archive.is/hcNZi
historyreviewed.info/Article.php?ID=588137&
archive.is/1Z5GS
frontline.org.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1096:zimbabwe-a-lesson-in-how-to-destroy-christian-civilisation&catid=39:zim-rep&Itemid=186
archive.is/t7GPS
historyreviewed.info/advertview.php?ID=594660&
archive.is/Ahrf8
redstate.com/diary/jeffdunetz/2010/04/19/courtesy-of-jimmy-carter-30-years-of-mugabe-tyranny-in-zimbabwe/
archive.is/0EHBP
spainvia.com/iansmithtribute.htm
archive.is/BLi8O
thecasualobserver.co.za/rhodesia-the-great-betrayal/
archive.is/s7hYU
telegraph.co.uk/comment/3644217/Ian-Smith-has-sadly-been-proved-right.html
archive.is/Kqoxq
zimbabwesituation.com/news/zimsit_ian-smith-has-the-last-laugh-in-his-grave/
archive.is/xhV1G
archive.is/NP2o9
thenewrbc.com/
eurocanadian.ca/2015/07/pierre-trudeau-against-white-rhodesia-for-maoist-china.html
archive.is/aa8vH
rhodesia.me.uk/
rhodesia.me.uk/MzilikaziTownship.htm
rhodesia.me.uk/GoldenDawn.htm
unqualified-reservations.blogspot.com/2007/11/ian-smith-1919-2007.html
youtube.com/watch?v=zWlyxe0X0Eo
youtu.be/8LBtLDuaIP4
archive.org/details/WhiteRhodesiasRebellion50thAnniversary1
historyreviewed.com/?cat=13
youtu.be/590i4U3Pj0s
archive.org/details/RhodesiaIWasThere1
youtu.be/0S2NKlMW0vc
youtube.com/watch?v=AG_i8aabud0
youtube.com/watch?v=t1OzfpPtJoQ
youtube.com/watch?v=_-vi72myXsA
youtu.be/hZbPTDZAM4o
youtu.be/0DuNhsLR9y0
archive.org/details/PleaseDieQuietly1
youtu.be/1FF3TYFaKUs
youtu.be/iYDg3ofh7dM
youtube.com/watch?v=8Inq-nszYdo
youtu.be/GVG1_Gso3xQ
youtu.be/-TnNLWgjsBM
youtu.be/8xxKsjU5Q3A
youtu.be/TqK01N1kY-4
youtu.be/U3v1YqxGWiA
youtu.be/Vi-o5wVr5i4
youtu.be/qkUJeB0Gb2w
youtu.be/i27hOVni0IA
youtu.be/PW5SD_NYqBQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ocTtdMUZiiM
youtube.com/watch?v=c-BWKNGRKuE
youtube.com/watch?v=CZjFZjZBD78
youtu.be/Qcv3Aahv-ho
youtu.be/BDD6OfLabOQ
youtu.be/TgtvGceDpTg
youtu.be/nwIFMAQI5vQ
youtu.be/LE2Ebje4_no
youtu.be/t9rFUAPZcNc
mikecampbellfoundation.com/page/a-tribute-to-the-farmers-of-zimbabwe
youtube.com/watch?v=7psV-jald54
youtube.com/watch?v=J1CK3XBbtG0
youtube.com/watch?v=Hq8bTloELCo
youtube.com/watch?v=wBD3tdQXYn4
youtube.com/watch?v=61tjRD1jvYw
youtube.com/watch?v=Sbfhrr2NyH4
youtube.com/watch?v=1_fl5zRV8go
youtube.com/watch?v=to4ZAXUJStw
archive.fo/hkCFo
youtube.com/watch?v=Y37fPsONkKU
youtube.com/watch?v=qf_iHtuW5qU
zpsf.co.za/index.php/en/
youtu.be/UV-LD8DWEps
zimbabweaidfund.co.uk/charities.html
youtu.be/fKbARZktqLY
youtube.com/watch?v=1a-QpyF7rNc
youtube.com/watch?v=7K5qVWG5CXU
youtube.com/watch?v=NHnF85dww3M
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mau_Mau_Uprising
youtube.com/watch?v=ZRuSS0iiFyo
youtube.com/watch?v=-TnNLWgjsBM
youtube.com/watch?v=_2qbIpMOmjM
youtube.com/watch?v=_TrdraURegE
youtu.be/ckMQq60Xfmk
youtu.be/oxnXcBBdUBU
youtube.com/watch?v=tBVDdr3wqm4
youtube.com/watch?v=h_s7L0vrjOI
youtube.com/watch?v=ZbM_0hRTSiA
youtube.com/watch?v=XLwUH5XtyG8
youtu.be/fKGV8FPIiC8
youtube.com/watch?v=eE_75RGpBxo
youtu.be/mnu2lMunSPY
youtube.com/watch?v=bm1vyD0OVp0
youtube.com/watch?v=-b3pESQYWdQ
youtube.com/watch?v=jM9PEqcz3Ls
youtu.be/1vZ6sFNOFDU
youtube.com/watch?v=X6bsoyT86LE
youtu.be/pUiAhclmvfE
youtube.com/watch?v=DK-lBi5r6Jk
youtube.com/watch?v=gsDfHvIFwiU
youtube.com/watch?v=qyE9vFGKogs
youtu.be/bsKo_LtShsw
youtube.com/watch?v=rI0SlyhmuwU
youtube.com/watch?v=UvTv-I2Y390
youtube.com/watch?v=nhfdsN6CywQ
youtube.com/watch?v=RrvXTIT2yJ0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glencore
rhodesia.me.uk/rbc/
rhodesia.me.uk/archive/SaturdayScenebyToniFairfield-RhodesiaBroadcastingCorporationSept1978.mp3
rhodesia.me.uk/archive/MakingForMidnight11.11.1977_final.mp3
rhodesia.me.uk/archive/MusicatSundownerTimeRBC17.04.76_final.mp3
rhodesia.me.uk/archive/PMShowRBC17.04.76recordedbyColinWeyer.mp3
thenewrbc.com/pages/radio.html
rhodesia.me.uk/Montrose.htm
rhodesia.me.uk/AnatomyOfTerror.htm
rhodesia.me.uk/Rhodesias_Case.htm
zimbabwesituation.com/news/zimsit_smiths-rhodesia-was-better/
archive.is/TXrDA
rhodesia.me.uk/Titbits.htm
rhodesia.me.uk/NewEnvironment.htm
rhodesia.me.uk/Chiefs.htm
rhodesia.me.uk/AfricanLife.htm
rhodesia.me.uk/ChallengeAchievement.htm
rhodesia.me.uk/APeoplesProgress.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=8xxKsjU5Q3A
youtube.com/watch?v=GVG1_Gso3xQ
nytimes.com/1976/05/17/archives/rhodesia-attacks-kissingers-stand.html
thezimbabwemail.com/columnist/henry-kissinger-and-robert-mugabe-the-forgotten-connection-via-remarkably-creative-negotiation
lmradio.radio.net/
50.7.70.58:8945/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZANU–PF
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The only thing Ian Smith did wrong was not genocide the ZANLA on sight.

I only stopped to post because I happened to be wearing my Rhodesia shirt at the moment, so have a bump.

I can wear it at work since no one knows what the fuck it is in commiefornia.
But mine is green.

Attached: rho.jpg (679x635, 25.58K)

>The only thing Ian Smith did wrong was not genocide the blacks on sight.
FIFO

I mean, that and the kikes. I read that Smith kicked out Harold Covington for threatening jews.

Best Jewtube Channel for Rhodesia Material, thought don't expect it to last much longer, DL what you want:

youtube.com/user/memoriesofrhodesia

They came within a cunt hair of getting mugabe 10 different times. After this in particulate, the Nyadzonya Raid, Mugabe was telling his nigger Lieutenants in was "time to give up on force." One more raid on that level and the commies would have been fucking finished (this is really worth watching if you haven't seen).

This is a must read for anyone interested in Rhodesia and what was actually going on:

Attached: rhodesia-requi.png (2838x1494, 1.03M)

Forgot Address:

I have an article about how the US aided in Rhodesia's demise, written by a prominent Russian Africanist. It's huge, so it will take a lot of posts. You folks interested?

Attached: 1442304700985.jpg (506x552, 152.46K)

You never have to ask permission to post about the history of the greatest nation that ever existed.

All right, give me a minute. I translated it from Russian ages ago, so let me give it a look-over to ensure there aren't any goofs.

Why don't you White Nationalists go there and help out?

Why don't you fuck off back to plebbit?

Why the hell is it that when British women were born in Rhodesia, they didn't turn into slags and the men didn't turn into Chavs? Was it because they were always outdoors and the men were always fighting the kaffir so they had no time for booze and bad haircuts? Also, they probably had better genes than most since their parents were post WW-2 pioneers.

God no. They willingly accepted Israeli Uzis and Galils. I'd fucking side with the commie niggers before I'd suck kike cock. At least the USSR was funding Syria to kill kikes.

I assume you think this is a cute little joke. The joke is on you however, since when the collapse of ZOG comes, almost all of use will have supplies and can be packed in 40 minutes and ready to board a flight and start a new life over as pioneers there.
You think the Soviets, Red Chinks, or anyone else is going to help them? Do you think some of us didn't learn how to make IEDs for a war zone, and it's a lot easier than disarming them?

they knew it was a Faustian bargain but what did you expect them to do under boycott from all other nations? And why did the kikes do it? Out of good will? NO. Let me explain:

1. Why did the kikes help the Rhodesians? Same reason they helped the South Africans develop a Nuke. They had certain knowledge that ZOG would veto ANY condemnation of them at the Un security council. Why did the sell arms to Rhodesia? Same exact reason/ When would a kike ever turn down making a profit when he knew he had a "get out of jail free" card and no one could do anything?

2. It was good for them internationally, but South Africa and Rhodesia. While the kikes were selling them arms, their co-religionists at the NYT had the headlines of "70 IQ niggers mistreated" which kept the "Jews kill 1,500 Arabs in Lebanon Stories" on page 16 of the NYT. THAT was why the kikes armed the Rhesians and Saffers. Why not? The kikes win on every front: a. they make shekels b. they can never get in trouble since they have their hand up their American ZOG puppet's ass c. So long as the all the Nigger bullshit was on front page of NYt on the side of the niggers (which was a fucking INSAITY, given that South Africa has 90%of the world'd uranium, chrome (needed to make gasoline), plutonium, and a bunch of other essential rare earth minerals. The fact that the correct ZOG doesn't know this and isn't giving the White is South Africa arms to fight back is fucking criminal, and is going to lea d to….VERY bathing s for ZOG. When war with China comes and they are the new owners of Chinese Colonial South Africa, does ZOG actually think the fucking chinks are just going to sell them the Rare Earth Metals they need to refine gasoline, to make nukes, and a shitload of other weapons? These mental are ONLY located in South Africa and in the former Soviet nations. without them, ZOG is fucking done.

If you want pure, unfiltered news from South Africa, there's this sort of crazy guy Jan who was born in Rhodesia and moved to South Africa, he was kicked out of his Job bc he was White. I used to visit his site, African Crisis, and got kicked off 20x for naming the Jew. He wouldn't hear of it.
Then, a few years ago, he was reading a book on Germany history after WW 1, and suddenly he realized that EVERY FUCKING COMMUNIST after WW 1 in Germany was a Jew. Every one. He had been blinded all those years, and just like a fucking lightening bolt it hit him and it all suddenly made sense to him.
And now he has become the most fervert namer of the Jew in Africa. He does a number of broadcasts with Linder. I think he's in his 60s, but it's fucking amazing how a guy can wake up that late in life. He's something of a computer genius and hosts his own videos on his own site after Jewtube threw him off. It's the last place left to get honest news from south africa and rhodesia. HIGHLY recommend the site:

historyreviewed.com

@4:01
I mean hey. At least he still has the Rhodesian Constitution, amirite?

All right, here goes.

Jimmy Carter, the U.S. and destruction of the Republic of Rhodesia
Written by Sergei Karamaev, translated by user

In autumn of 2009, an article named “Ian Smith Was Right” was published by The Zimbabwean. The title is a bit misleading, as the article’s text makes no mentions of the late Rhodesian Prime Minister. The sentiment behind the title is conveyed correctly, though – Zimbabwe is a textbook example of absolute and utter failure. The idea itself is hardly new, as normal people have voiced it before numerous times (some of the most sober-minded folks used to say as far back as in the seventies that black terrorists should not be given any power, only to immediately get denounced as racists and loons), but some of our leftist liberal friends (those who have not yet lost the ability to discern evil from good) are only now starting, albeit slowly and reluctantly, to acknowledge it. The article’s author is also quite interesting – one James Carter, a second-rate publicist and a rather fecund writer who happened to work as the President of the United States for some time. To hear from Carter about Mugabe ruining the country is akin to… I don’t know, maybe Jesse Jackson admitting that Nathan Forrest’s KKK had a constructive beginning. Surprising, to say the least.

The beauty of the situation is in the fact that Jimmy Carter is directly responsible for destruction of Rhodesia. He is not alone, of course – disappearance of this state from the world’s political map was aided by Great Britain, USSR, China, OAU member countries and (heartbreaking, I know) the Republic of South Africa. But Carter, as a leader of one of the world’s superpowers and shaper of its foreign policy, bears direct responsibility for one of the most politically and economically developed countries of Southern Africa getting cynically flushed down the drain in the name of speculative and abstract principles such as “democracy”, “universal human values”, “triumph of humanistic ideas” and other tripe.

Anyway, here’s the full article, followed by my comments.

Attached: 14396631465550.jpg (652x743, 83.2K)

from the forced runoff and leave the country. Mugabe then declared himself president. African political leaders largely ignored reports of fraud by their own election observers, and eventually negotiated a power-sharing agreement that Mugabe and Tsvangirai signed on Sept. 15. Unfortunately,Mugabe has not ceded any real power to his opponent and the trend toward a national tragedy has accelerated.

For starters, let me say the following:
Jimmy Carter is a liar.
I can even repeat that:
Jimmy Carter is a shameless, egregious liar.

He was a liar throughout his presidency and remains one to this day. It’s not news, though – many American presidents suffered and still suffer from a penchant for lies, and some even lie under oath (for the sake of justice I’d like to say that Russia, the UK and pretty much the rest of the world are not any better in this regard, but we are discussing America here). However, Carter does not lie all the time and never tells genuine, 100 percent lies. As a phrase attributed to Goebbels says, “A good lie should contain a grain of truth”. Carter does not lie when describing the disaster that is Zimbabwe – famine, cholera, tyranny, incredible inflation that has become a household name. No, this is all true. Here’s what’s not:

James Carter might not have known (and if he did, it did not faze him – who cares about the truth, anyway?) that Rhodesia, unlike its neighbouring South Africa, never had apartheid. Moreover, Rhodesia did not have any laws discriminating against people based on the color of their skin whatsoever. There were cultural customs and traditions responsible for a relatively separate existence of the races, but almost every country has those, to a degree. There were traditions that would have struck an American as weird – for example, despite the Rhodesian Army being racially integrated (with 70 percent of its personnel being African), two of its units, Rhodesian Light Infantry and SAS, were traditionally White. Such was their privilege, and the entire military, White or black, took it for granted and never tried to argue against it. Side by side with them served the Selous Scouts, 75 percent of whom were negroes. Skin color was not an obstacle preventing Rhodesian soldiers from working together. The same, to a certain extent, was true for civil administration, business, etc.

There was not even a whiff of democracy in Zimbabwe’s future, and that was clear for everyone who had a head screwed on properly. Mugabe never really tried to hide his plans for creating a one-party dictatorship, which he carried out to the letter. A devious politician, raised by Jesuit missionaries and Maoist ideology, he would agree to any compromise, as long as it helped him achieve the ultimate goal. Saying that Mugabe had anything to do with democracy is akin to considering tigers and leopards strict vegetarians – a public display of complete ignorance of African realities (forgivable if you are a car mechanic, not much so if you are a high-ranking politician) and basic concepts and principles of politics (unforgivable for any politician).

More lies. Zimbabwe was considered the breadbasket of Africa till 1980, when it wasn’t yet called Zimbabwe. Even Mugabe’s most fanatical supporters reluctantly admit that it was under the White minority that the country achieved its peak agricultural and economical output. Same goes for state spending per capita. As for “economic stability, education and health care”, these were old stocks, so to say. The basics of education and healthcare developed by Whites, along with economic stability provided by Whites (during the first years of his rule, Mugabe didn’t try to interfere with the economy too much, knowing who was responsible for the country’s welfare) allowed Zimbabwe to carry Rhodesia’s mantle of a developed country for about a decade.
(Again for the sake of fairness, I am going to repeat myself and say that the Republic of South Africa also contributed to the country’s destruction, but this topic deserves a separate article. Transformation of Rhodesia from a prospering country into utter ruin is first and foremost Mugabe’s fault, but South Africa played a role in it as well, sad as it is.)

Ol’ Jimmy walked into his own trap here. As it is said above, the Carter Center established an agricultural project in Zimbabwe in 1988. By that time, according to Carter himself, the government had an 8-year record of corruption, mismanagement and oppression. This begs a simple question: What prompted the Carter Center to implement a project in a massively corrupt country – a project requiring some serious investment, no less? Or wasn’t Carter bothered by corruption, oppression, etc. back then? (The question of what was stopping Carter from organizing a similar project in a NON-corrupt country that existed till 1980 is off the table due to being rhetorical.)

Ah, so now the resolution must come from within Africa. Funny how just 30 years ago Jimmy Carter thought (and was adamant about it) that the Rhodesian problem must be resolved by the international community. Back then, in the 70’s, Rhodesia was ruled by Whites, which seemed to be a strong argument in favor of an external resolution. Today it is ruled by blacks, and therefore the resolution must be internal. The former POTUS is nothing if not consistent.
This is the MOST monumental of all lies ever told by James Earl Carter Jr., given that he deftly shirks answering several key questions: Who bears direct responsibility for the chain of events that has led to that humanitarian catastrophe? The head of which state obstinately impeded the resolution of the “Rhodesian problem”? Who made the decisions that resulted in a bloodthirsty tyrant taking over a country? I doubt Jimmy Carter will EVER answer any of these questions.

I find it appropriate to quote here a fragment of Pat Buchanan’s speech to the members of John Birch Society, made on October 24, 1978:

But how could it have been otherwise? The black and white people of Rhodesia who looked to the West have been deserted by the West. The black guerrillas who look to the Soviet Union and Cuba have received all support short of war.

The position that Jimmy Carter’s administration took in regard to Rhodesia was sufficient for sober-minded Americans to brand them as traitors, and reasonably so. They sincerely could not understand where and when did the United States (and the UK) obtain the moral and constitutional right to dictate national policy to other countries. Upon his rise to power, Jimmy Carter has rather clearly outlined the new trend in America’s foreign policy: “The U.S. must actively participate in internal affairs of any country that the U.S. deems to be in the zone of its fundamental interests”. I can’t really say this wasn’t the case before, but under Carter, this trend assumed new shapes and became seasoned with “human rights”. The latter term was widely used for political purposes; I do not rule out Carter himself sincerely believing in all that starry-eyed humanistic drivel, but his administration, seeing a wonderful new means to exert pressure on others, immediately started using it to the max. Double standards and goalpost switching became the norm – for example, the form of government was now emphasized exclusively, while other aspects, such as the extent to which the government controls its citizens, were disregarded, and so on.

The most sinister role in the U.S. foreign policy under Carter was played by Andrew Young, a Protestant preacher and a Congressman who also happened to be a friend and associate of MLK. In 1977 Carter appointed him the resident U.S. representative in the UN – a decision that proved to be fateful. The far right almost exclusively referred to Young as “rabid nigger”, and they were not far from the truth. Despite being a priest – someone whose very title implies being above prejudice – Young was a typical militant black supremacist who, by sheer luck, managed to gain a modicum of power. Believing himself to be invincible, Young took to violating (albeit covertly) American law, but was eventually caught and forced to quietly resign. Unfortunately, before getting kicked out, he managed to royally screw up a multitude of affairs and completely ruin the image of the United States worldwide.

Young possessed a peculiar trait that can be interpreted both as good or bad, depending on the situation: he could not help himself from speaking his mind. A mind that brimmed with racial hatred and other things that Young considered important, even if the Presidential Administration did not share his opinions (inexcusable for a politician of such rank). For example, he once publicly called Ayatollah Khomeini “some kind of saint” and “a pleasant person in general”. For Young, presence of Cuban soldiers in Africa was “a much-anticipated stabilizing force”, Israelis were “stubborn obstructionists”, and members of the Palestine Liberation Organization were “respectable citizens and representatives of the opposition”. That last one got him fired, as he had held covert negotiations with PLO in disregard of a strict presidential decree prohibiting American diplomats from doing so.

Another of Young’s traits was mendacity. He had absolutely no qualms with backpedaling, recanting earlier statements and lying under oath (just as he lied to Secretary of State Cyrus Vance about meeting with PLO members). He only apologized when cornered with undeniable facts. For example, in spring of 1977, Young told a BBC journalist that “British policy on racial issues in regard to Rhodesia and South Africa was rather cowardly”. He then went on to say “Britain’s behavior makes me seriously think that it were the British who invented racism, seeing as they did more than any other nation in the world to legitimize it.” Such public statements by an official United States UN representative were followed by a massive scandal, and Young was forced to apologize (although in private) to his British colleague Ivor Richard. According to Richard, he was rather surprised to hear Young saying such things to the BBC “and could not believe that was the official viewpoint of the U.S. government. After that interview, Mr. Young met with me and said that it seemed he had made a mistake”. (Sentinel Star, April 8, 1977).

Richard, however, had every reason to believe that Young’s words represented an official position of the U.S., given that Young wasn’t just a political ally of Jimmy Carter, but also his close friend and member of his inner circle. He was among the few people who had direct access to the president at any time. Carter trusted him unquestioningly, and Young exploited that trust unscrupulously, feeding the president disinformation that constantly put him in a favorable light. However, Carter hardly was the innocent sheep there – after all, he was fully conscious of his actions when he tasked Young with highly sensitive missions that required adroitness and the skill of selling black for white.

In 1977, Young paid two visits to Africa. During the first one, he expressed an opinion that USSR- and China-backed terrorists deserve sympathy and understanding, as they are forced to use violence to attain power “as last resort – the desperate situation they are in pushed them towards this”. During the second visit, Young went even further: at the so-called UN Conference on Zimbabwe and Namibia, held in Maputo, Mozambique, he declared his intention to “dispel the scepticism displayed by military leaders of liberation movements of the African South, along with their disappointment with the U.S. policy regarding Africa” (Houston Post, May 20, 1977). In other words, Young made it clear that the United States government and personally President Carter were siding with the terrorists.

On 18th and 19th of May 1977, secret talks between U.S. Vice President Walter Mondale and South African Prime Minister John Vorster were held in Vienna. This was the first time either of the countries involved such high-ranking politicians to discuss a problem. Naturally, both the press and the public suspected that something really major was going on, and they were right. The bulletin published by Associated Press on June 5 of the same year was titled “White supremacy is over, says Carter to the peoples of Africa”. Here’s a fragment:
Vorster left the talks extremely displeased with the U.S. policy and “the Free World’s intentions to support terrorist movements of Communist nature”. However, despite him declaring that South Africa would not allow any country to interfere with its internal affairs, he made clear Pretoria’s openness towards any American and British offers regarding Rhodesia.

Associated Press:

Vice President Mondale knew full well that Rhodesian forces’ cross-border raids represented a response to numerous terrorist incursions from neighboring countries. But he did not care. The United States wanted South Africa to pressure Rhodesia into ceasing resistance to terrorists, and that was it. RSA did not really mind strong-arming Rhodesia into curtailing its anti-terrorist activity, but only on condition that the U.S. would do the same to Zambia and Mozambique. For the U.S. this would have been a piece of cake, at least with Zambia (Mozambique was firmly locked in Soviet orbit, and Americans could not have influenced it even if they wanted to). But Carter Administration only wanted Rhodesians to lay down their arms, so Vorster’s offer was refused.

Rhodesians were Anglo nigger loving Christcucks who fucked over the Boers. Instead of lookiny out for White interests, they resorted to cheap nigger labor and financed these subhumans outbreed and Whites and takeover.

Associated Press:

Rhodesians eventually wised up to the threat that Jimmy Carter’s policies posed for them. In September of 1977, Rowan Cronje, Rhodesian Minister of Labor and Social Welfare, accused the Carter government of double standards: “President Carter is very selective when it comes to moral principles and values, deciding freely which ones are to be imposed and which are to be ignored. I fail to see any logic in the Carter Administration’s attempts to force the black majority rule on Rhodesia, while most of Africa’s independent countries don’t even know what free elections are. If the governments of USA and Great Britan achieve their goal, Rhodesia will turn into a country where a black minority reigns over a realm of chaos, tragedy and desolation. Yet both the U.S. and Britain continue to relentlessly push for Rhodesia’s destruction – all for the sake of satisfying the whims of the UN and communist countries.”
In the meantime, the Carter Administration kept publicly claiming that the U.S. does not interfere with other states’ internal affairs and maintains “strict neutrality” in this regard. People have gotten so fed up with these repeated claims that the word “neutral” itself has taken on a tongue-in-cheek meeting. An article titled “End to sanctions?”, published by Newsweek on April 30 1979, features a photo of Andrew Young and ZIPRA leader Joshua Nkomo talking to each other animatedly. The caption to the photo said: “Nkomo and Young in 1977: just how ‘neutral’ is the U.S. towards Rhodesia?”
Carter’s non-stop claims of alleged neutrality of the United States towards Rhodesia have eventually resulted in a storm of criticism from senators. In autumn of 1978, California Republican Samuel Hayakawa said the following in a public interview (US News & World Report, October 30, 1978):

The world certainly did not lack for “neutral” organizations, either. Here’s what’s written in an Associated Press bulletin dated with September 28, 1978:

Britain was also big on “neutrality”. UPI, October 28, 1978:

Timing of the latter article is bitterly ironic, given that just a few days prior to its publication, Prime Minister Ian Smith remarked that the Free World wouldn’t sell Rhodesia even a toy gun so that it could defend itself, all while eagerly arming terrorists. In his comment on the news of Britain supplying weapons (with a total cost of $16 million) to Zambia, he said that even despite the sheer volume of armaments headed to Zambia, Rhodesia will take any measures it deems necessary to defend itself.

As it was said by one of the readers in his letter to the Soldier of Fortune magazine:

Unfortunately, due to extreme pressure both from the communist bloc and the Free World, Ian Smith was forced to seek a way out of the crisis. In order to prevent the country from descending into chaos, he had no choice but to negotiate with the relatively sane black nationalists – chieftain Jeremia Chirau, reverend Ndabaningi Sithole and bishop Abel Muzorewa – and eventually they reached an agreement. Robert Mugabe and Joshua Nkomo refused to take part in the negotiations, declaring their intent to continue the “just war of liberation” (with overt support of communist countries and covert approval of the U.S. and Britain) and declining to recognize any agreements made with the Smith government.

The plan proposed by Smith was called the "Internal Settlement" or the "Salisbury Agreement." He provided for the creation of a provisional coalition government for the period of the transfer of power to the black majority (through free elections based on the "one person - one vote" principle). The new constitution guaranteed power the country’s black majority while providing guarantees to the white minority - including a certain number of seats in the parliament. Parliamentary representation of whites was sufficient to block constitutional amendments that could result in usurpation of power.

The "Salisbury Agreements" were approved by representatives of nationalist movements (with the exception of Mugabe and Nkomo), as well as South Africa. After that, Ian Smith decided to enlist the support of the United States. In the issue of the Saturday Evening Post for May-June 1978, his "Open Letter to the American People" was published:

To convey his message to the U.S. population directly, Prime Minister Ian Smith applied for an American visa in his bid to visit the country. It is worth recalling that the U.S. State Department issued visas to terrorists like Joshua Nkomo without delay, although the latter (in an interview with the BBC, to boot) had openly acknowledged the destruction of a civil aircraft and subsequent slaughter of survivors by his guerrillas. The State Department was apparently not bothered by such trifling details. However, when Ian Smith applied for the same visa, it turned out that the Carter administration does not have the slightest desire to let the Rhodesian Prime Minister speak to the Americans. The State Department went as far as trying to ignore the fact that Smith's invitation to visit the U.S. was signed by twenty-seven senators. Eventually, having yielded to the insistent demands of Jesse Helms, a North Carolina Republican Senator, the State Department reluctantly issued visas to Smith and his African companions.

When the world got wind of Ian Smith receiving an American visa, the Soviet Union immediately branded this event “a shameful page in American history”. Interestingly, senators Dick Clark and Frank Church said approximately the same thing; however, when asked about whether they consider terrorist Joshua Nkomo receiving the same visa shameful, they refused to comment.

Before leaving Salisbury, Ian Smith explained to the press the purpose of his visit to the U.S.:

However, Ian Smith underestimated Kissinger’s duplicity. The former Secretary of State who had previously urged Smith to accept American proposals for resolving the Rhodesian question, now refused to support them. Moreover, he denied ever promising on behalf of the U.S. to support the Smith regime - in spite of what he had said at meetings with Smith earlier. Simply put, the U.S. did not accept any reforms carried out within Rhodesia and an internal solultion of the country’s problems. The U.S. - that is, President Carter and his administration - was satisfied with only one thing: an external solution to the issue, done exactly the way Washington wanted it.

In Washington, Ian Smith and Ndabaningi Sithole managed to meet with Secretary of State Cyrus Vance and British Ambassador Peter Jay. Unfortunately, attempts to convince the U.S. and UK representatives to recognize the Salisbury Agreement were unsuccessful - Vance and Jay insisted that Mugabe and Nkomo should have participated in the agreement, ignoring the counterargument about them being leaders of terrorist organizations involved in attacks on civilian population. Smith tried to get an audience with Carter, but from the White House came a polite but icy answer: Mr. Smith should consider himself immensely lucky for being allowed to meet with the Secretary of State in the first place.

At a time when Smith and his fellow Africans were in the United States, the Rhodesian Security Forces delivered a powerful blow to terrorist bases in Zambia. The Carter administration immediately condemned the operation, calling it "a barbaric act of aggression," and made it clear that Smith's further presence in the United States was undesirable. Joshua Nkomo, in turn, stated that he does not consider it possible to even think about talks with Smith, since he does not intend to negotiate with killers, "preferring to talk to them in the language of arms instead" (Houston Chronicle, October 22, 1978).

In review of Smith's visit to the U.S., US News & World Report wrote on October 23, 1978:

In the meantime, Henry Kissinger, having resigned from his duties as Secretary of State, retracted his previous statements. US News & World Report of October 30, 1978:

In short, the Rhodesian delegation returned from the United States empty-handed. Terrorists of the Patriotic Front took this as a sign that the days of Whites were numbered. In November 1978, Robert Mugabe published the so-called "Appeal to the people of Rhodesia," in which, among other things, it was said that the ZANU party intends to sentence 50 prominent Africans (chiefs and civil servants) to death if they do not immediately renounce their recognition of the Salisbury Agreement.

Essentially, these agreements marked the beginning of the end for White Rhodesia. The main question was: To whom will the country’s reins go? Moderate and relatively sane black nationalists who were fine with gradual reforms, or terrorists casually exterminating the civilian population for refusing to support them? Ian Smith preferred the former, Jimmy Carter and Andrew Young insisted on the latter.

These “moderate” African nationalists, while certainly not blood-crazed cannibals compared to Mugabe and Nkomo, were not sinless angels either, even though two of them (Muzorewa and Sithole) were dignitaries. They agreed to guarantee the rights of the White minority under the new regime - but in reality, these guarantees could easily be abolished, as it was everywhere in black Africa’s newly independent states. Here’s one interesting fact: after the signing of the Salisbury Agreements, Rhodesian counterintelligence discovered a plot headed by Reverend Ndabaningi Sithole aimed at assassinating Ian Smith. Smith decided to let the case slide, not taking any measures with respect to Sithole due to how important and volatile the political climate was at that moment. He limited himself to summoning the reverend, informing him that his conspiracy had been busted and asked for his criminal organization to be dissolved. Sithole obeyed.

Before Smith stood a task of great importance - to convince the people of Rhodesia to accept the Salisbury Agreement. The document needed approval via a referendum - without it, it remained an empty declaration. And Smith had to make sure that the citizens of the country believed that the country needed the new government.

It can hardly be said that the issue of accepting or refusing the Salisbury Agreements has split the country’s population, but the controversy it generated was hot enough to cause a few burns. In the past, when vital issues were discussed, the population of Rhodesia was virtually monolithic - in November 1964, the referendum on future independence yielded the following results: 58 076 for and 6 101 against, i.e. 9: 1. Now the population has become far more thoughtful.

UPI, January 12, 1979:

When Smith was asked for guarantees against those two (Muzorewa and Sithole) simply abolishing the constitution once in power, the Prime Minister replied:

On January 30, 1979, 66,300 of 94,700 registered voters came to the polling stations. More than 85% of respondents voted for the new constitution and the new government. This was a majority vote by any and all standards.

Neither Robert Mugabe nor Joshua Nkomo recognized this referendum. Moreover, they said that the "war of liberation" (i.e. open terrorism) would break out with renewed vigor. And in this respect, they kept their word - on February 12, just a little less than two weeks after the referendum, a gang of ZIPRA terrorists shot down a Rhodesian Airlines passenger flight (flight 827) with the help of a Strela-2 MANPADS that they had received from the USSR. Unlike the previous incident (flight 825, September 3, 1978), in this case, all 59 passengers and crew members perished.
In his address to the nation, Ian Smith directly blamed the United States and Britain for the incident, due to their demonstrative coddling of terrorists:
Neither the U.S. nor Britain condemned the terrorist act committed by Nkomo’s goons. No official in the governments of these countries made a single statement that would even slightly resemble reproach. The only reaction in official circles in the U.S. and Britain was silence.

Despite the intensification of the terrorist onslaught, the agreement adopted in Salisbury was implemented. At the end of February 1979, Ian Smith attended the last session of the parliament. He called it a historic event:

On 20 April 1979, general elections were held in Rhodesia. Unsurprisingly, terrorist groups ZANLA and ZIPRA refused to participate in them. To ensure proper conduct of elections, the Rhodesian Armed Forces executed several operations, including wiping out several terrorist bases outside the country. Immediately, the United Nations, the United States and Great Britain condemned both the actions of the Rhodesian army and the very idea of free elections:

In the same April 1979, shortly before the elections, the Rhodesian Security Forces conducted another cross-border operation - a raid into Zambia with the goal of assassinating Joshua Nkomo. Rhodesian special forces appeared in Lusaka, the capital of Zambia, causing a panic both in the country’s government and in neighboring states. Unfortunately, Nkomo managed to slip away (it is still unclear why; after the operation there were persistent rumors that a leak of secret information had occurred and the British had managed to tip the leader of ZIPRA off).

LA Times - Washington Post News Service of April 14, 1979:

In the attempt on Nkomo there was one aspect that slipped the attention of the press but not of certain agencies of certain superpowers: the soldiers of the Rhodesian Security Forces managed to enter Lusaka, the capital of the neighboring state, without encountering even the slightest resistance. If Rhodesia really wanted to invade and subjugate Zambia or Mozambique, these countries would capitulate in a few days. Needless to say, the news about the daring raid in Zambia sent President Carter's administration into apoplexy.

Elections in Rhodesia were held at the appointed time and without any excesses, despite attempts by terrorists to disrupt the process. Bishop Abel Muzorewa won. "68 unofficial observers from the United States, Britain, Australia and a number of European states said that the elections were free and fair, as far as possible in the conditions of a country at war" (Associated Press, April 25, 1979).
Moreover, a commission under chairmanship of Lord Boyd presented the government of Her Majesty with a large report which unequivocally confirmed that the elections were honest. The Boyd Commission Report unambiguously regarded this event as a triumph of the new government of Rhodesia. However, on June 7, 1979, Jimmy Carter called these elections "a farce to which representatives of the opposition were not allowed," literally repeating the statements of Mugabe and Nkomo. The fact that African political leaders in Rhodesia said that Joshua Nkomo and Robert Mugabe were invited to participate in elections with a guarantee of immunity and amnesty to the insurgents, but pointedly refused to participate, did not faze Jimmy Carter in the slightest. In addition, the result (63.9% of the 2.9 million people who had the right to vote is a result far greater than in most U.S. elections) was also ignored.
Naturally, a number of complaints was filed after the election, mostly from Sithole - but the same observers from the United States confirmed that the number of violations was minimal, and the election process itself was honest and conducted with all appropriate procedure. In fact, these were the only honest elections ever held on the African continent - at least in the 20th century. Perhaps this was the reason why Mugabe and Nkomo had refused to take part in them.

Washington ended up in a bit of a bind. There no longer was any clear reason for Carter to continue diplomatic and economic war against Rhodesia – after all, it was no longer ruled by the "White minority"; on the contrary, the government of the "black majority" was elected in the country, the principle of "one person - one vote" was observed, and even those few manifestations of racial discrimination that remained in the country have disappeared. Now nothing stopped the United States from officially recognizing Zimbabwe-Rhodesia as a full member of the international community. But Carter entertained no such ideas - the American president’s administration aimed not for "human rights and the triumph of democratic principles," as was officially declared, but for collapsing a capable state. To resolve the "Rhodesian problem", Jimmy Carter urgently met with Cyrus Vance, Andrew Young, Walter Mondale and Zbigniew Brzezinski. The result of the meeting was affirmation of the status quo: U.S. policy towards Rhodesia would remain the same until power was transferred to Robert Mugabe and Joshua Nkomo, whatever the cost.

In his article "Africa Speaks" (Houston Chronicle of May 2, 1979), William Safire (a Jew) wrote:

Sanctions should be lifted and warm encouragement extended to Zimbabwe‐Rhodesia, the nation that achieved black majority constitutionally. If its experiment in race relations succeeds, hope can grow for human rights and peaceful progress in South Africa.

On May 7, 1979, the new parliament convened for its first meeting. For the first time there were more black deputies in it than Whites. The meeting was attended by Rhodesian Front and OANS (Muzorewa's party) in full, but 12 members of Ndabaningi Sithole’s party did not appear to attend the session’s opening, saying that they thereby express their protest against the election results. Ian Smith transferred his powers to the new prime minister, bishop Abel Muzorewa, and the latter was sworn in as head of state of Zimbabwe-Rhodesia (a name that was accepted as a compromise after much discussion).

In comparison to Smith, Muzorewa was a soft and inefficient politician. He could not muster the same degree of resistance to external pressure exerted on the country by foreign governments and terrorists supported by the USSR and China. South Africa took a dual position: on one hand, they continued to support Muzorewa, because as a prime minister he suited them much better than Mugabe or Nkomo. On the other hand, Pretoria understood perfectly well that the days of Zimbabwe-Rhodesia were numbered and ascent of one of the terrorist leaders to power was just a matter of time. Therefore, it was not worth it to spend too much effort and resources on supporting Muzorewa. As for ZIPRA and ZANLA, the intensity of terrorist attacks only increased. To Muzorewa’s credit, however, it should be noted that in the matters of repelling the terrorist threat he was almost as determined as Smith and did not hesitate to use force where necessary. But in everything else, he lost to Smith badly. If fighter pilot Ian Smith was forged from steel, Bishop Muzorewa was baked from dough. It only took Washington and London a few weeks to realize this and subsequently increase pressure on the new prime minister.
It must be noted again that after the elections in Rhodesia, the U.S. Senate demonstrated common sense and adopted a resolution naming the elections free and fair, internal contradictions resolved, and urging the president to immediately cancel the sanctions. This initiative by Jesse Helms was regarded by the Carter Administration as a serious blow, and countermeasures followed soon after. No sooner had Rhodesia and South Africa welcomed the initiative of the U.S. Senate, as Andrew Young published an article with a rather unambiguous warning – apparently, the lifting of sanctions against Rhodesia would guarantee the armed conflict’s expansion. Rhodesian counterpropaganda, however, worked at full capacity to dispel this myth, and to achieve his goal, Carter was ready to take any measures, including recognizing the leaders of terrorist groups as "political leaders". Carter could no longer officially invite Mugabe or Nkomo to the U.S., let alone the White House – a self-proclaimed champion of human rights publicly welcoming someone who does not give a damn about them would be too much. But what can’t be done openly, can be done covertly. In May 1979, Joshua Nkomo arrived in the United States. Answering journalists' questions, the State Department spokesman said that Mr. Nkomo had arrived in the United States on a private visit. Also, according to him, Nkomo would give a private lecture at Moorhouse College in Georgia. The spokesman, however, declined to answer the question whether Nkomo's choice of destination – Georgia, the political playground of both Carter and Young - was coincidental.

Needless to say, Nkomo's entry visa, unlike Smith’s, was issued without slightest delay. During his tour of the United States, Nkomo also visited Texas, where he was an honored guest at a conference organized by the African-American Institute. His speech was attended by about 100 statesmen and business representatives from the U.S. and several African countries. The honor of giving the floor to the terrorist fell to George "Mickey" Leland, a mixed-race Democratic congressman from the State of Texas and a zealous supporter of the president on African issues. Declaring the recent elections in Rhodesia illegitimate, Mickey Leland introduced Nkomo to the audience as "President of Zimbabwe" (which Nkomo did not object to), although he had never received a single vote in any election.

Nkomo's speech amounted to approval of the U.S. government’s decision not to abolish sanctions against Rhodesia and urging to continue the war against Muzorewa’s government, no matter the cost. The lifting of sanctions, according to Nkomo, woul lead America to greater shame than the Vietnam War. Further on, the "President of Zimbabwe" explained to the audience his opinion on what to regard as terrorism:
One would be hard pressed to cook up a more cynical lie. "Legitimate military objectives," against which ZIPRA guerrillas conducted actions, in reality were civilian flight passengers, pregnant women, children, the elderly, the disabled, nuns and missionaries. Nevertheless, his words were perceived as pure truth.

On May 28 1979, following this debacle, AP journalist James Kilpatrick published a column in Houston Chronicle, titled “What kind of elections does Nkomo want?”. The answer was within the column itself:

In case the U.S. administration, for whatever reason, planned to leave Nkomo's words without attention, the leaders of a number of African countries immediately started expressing their opinions as well. Julius Nyerere, the president of Tanzania - the state that had most terrorist training camps per square kilometer in all of subequatorial Africa - issued a stern warning to the United States and Great Britain against lifting sanctions or trying to recognize Muzorewa’s government. Almost simultaneously, the Organization of African Unity stated that it did not intend to recognize Abel Muzorewa as the legitimate head of the government, and strongly warned the United States and Britain against helping the first black prime minister of the country in any way.

After Abel Muzorewa was sworn in, he began to form a new government. The parliament quickly elected the country’s new president - Reverend Josiah Zion Gumede, a respected public and political figure. The cabinet had five Whites (from the Rhodesian Front party) as ministers of justice, finance, traffic, transport and energy and communications (Ian Smith joined the government as a minister without a portfolio). The rest of the ministers were black, as most of the posts went to Muzorewa’s UANC party, with a minor part going to the Federative Party. Muzorewa himself occupied, in addition to the post of the prime minister, the posts of the Minister of Defense and the Minister of Joint Operations. Reverend Sithole and his colleagues were also invited to take up posts, but they refused, still denouncing the elections as rigged. Later, Muzorewa was forced to order the arrest of several members of Sithole’s party for plotting a coup (again).

President Carter was not happy with the racially integrated government of Zimbabwe-Rhodesia at all. In June 1979, he said that presence of Mugabe and Nkomo in the new government would be the necessary condition for the lifting of sanctions. In fact, Carter openly admitted that he never pursued charitable goals such as "majority rule", "one person - one vote", "human rights", "democratic values", etc. – what he wanted was his own solution to the "Rhodesian problem" and to hell with the rest. Senator Helms, trying to do at least something, ventured to invite Bishop Muzorewa to the United States. Strangely enough, this time the State Department did not resist: the new prime minister received a visa without delay and safely arrived in America.

In addition to being a legally elected prime minister, Muzorewa was also a priest. (An interesting fact is that he studied theology not only at the Umtali Bible College, but also in the U.S.: he received his master's degree at Scarritt College in Nashville, Tennessee, and his master's degree in philosophy at the Central Methodist College in Fayette, Missouri). He became the Bishop of Rhodesia in 1968. One could reasonably expect American religious leaders – or at least the Methodists, to whom Muzorewa belonged - to welcome their colleague. However, nothing could be further from the truth: the welcome Muzorewa received from these people was chilly at best. Interestingly enough, when Muzorewa opposed Ian Smith, American churches were tumbling over each other in attempts to glorify him, even nicknaming him "African Moses". The moment he started cooperating with Smith, clerics branded him an outcast, a rogue and a dangerous rebel whose name should not be mentioned after sunset. After becoming Prime Minister, Muzorewa graduated to puppet of the devil himself in the eyes of the American clergy.

The World Council of Churches, a rather vile and sinister organization that provided all possible support to almost all of the world’s terrorist organizations, publicly urged not to recognize the government of Muzorewa. The reason was quite simple: the WCC was fully dedicated to supporting the Patriotic Front - the alliance of Mugabe and Nkomo - and not at all embarrassed by the fact of courting notorious terrorists. Within the framework of the "Programme to Combat Racism", a grant of $85 000 was allocated to the fighters of the Patriotic Front. This money did indeed go towards combat, although probably not the kind that clergymen imagined: murder of civilians and personal enrichment of the group leaders. Naturally, such a "pious" organization could not support bishop Muzorewa, who only used force as a last resort.

Muzorewa was welcomed in the White House, but the end result remained the same. Jimmy Carter patiently listened to the bishop, only to then firmly state that the sanctions would only be lifted after the “reforms”, aka the plan cooked up by the United States and Great Britain. Abel Muzorewa now faced firsthand what Ian Smith had to contend with for the entire previous decade. But where Smith had steel, Muzorewa had gruel. Unable to withstand the pressure, the bishop surrendered and made it clear that he was ready to accept Anglo-American initiatives.

A small digression. In the spring of 1979, elections were held in Great Britain, won by conservatives led by Margaret Thatcher. During the election campaign, Thatcher repeatedly stated that in her opinion, the elections in Rhodesia were free and fair and that she intended to recognize the government of Muzorewa and lift the sanctions. And even before the Rhodesian elections, Thatcher was inclined to decide the issue in favor of recognizing the new government: "If the elections in Rhodesia are truly free and fair, as far as it is possible for the country under a constant terrorist threat, then Britain must agree with the choice of the Rhodesian population," she said once. However, one of her first steps was appointment of Lord Peter Carrington to the posts of Foreign Secretary and Minister for Overseas Development. Carrington’s position towards Zimbabwe-Rhodesia, by his own admission, was not that different from the position of his predecessor, David Owen. It is curious that at first Carrington recognized the possibility of international recognition of Rhodesia:

Thatcher's victory in the elections provided an opportunity for the new government to recognize Zimbabwe-Rhodesia and keep the promises given to the Rhodesians and the British. Had the UK recognized the elections, the U.S. would be in a very difficult situation, and it was highly possible that they would eventually follow the limeys’ example. And according to the Central Intelligence Organization of Zimbabwe-Rhodesia and NIS (National Intelligence Service) of South Africa, France, West Germany and other European countries in that case would almost immediately follow suit.
New York Times News Service on May 6, 1979:

Negotiations did take place, indeed - following the meeting between Lord Carrington and Cyrus Vance, the Thatcher government announced that it does not intend to recognize Abel Muzorewa's government or lift sanctions at the moment, but works in every possible way to ensure that the "Rhodesian problem" is solved in the very near future. However, the Carter administration still had doubts as to whether the Brits would toe this line. At the end of June 1979, Margaret Thatcher visited the World Economic Forum in Japan. On the way back, she made a stop in Australia - among the statements she made there was a commentary on the situation in Zimbabwe-Rhodesia. According to the Prime Minister, great progress has been achieved in the settlement process, and she does not see any valid reasons for the continuation of the conflict. However, at the same time she added that the official recognition of the country can take some time. Margaret Thatcher's statement sounded in sharp contrast to the words of Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Fraser - he stressed that the Australian government fully shares the position of the states neighboring Zimbabwe-Rhodesia and does not intend to make any agreements with the government of Muzorewa. Upon Thatcher's return to London, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs recommended that she refrain from recognizing the Muzorewa government, because this will not lead to an end of the armed conflict, and the risk of the situation deteriorating will increase manifold. Yet Thatcher hesitated, which made the U.S. doubt that Britain would not recognize the new government.

These doubts quickly dissipated. In the summer of 1979, the government of Nigeria nationalized British oil companies in the country: the products of British Petroleum and the enterprises that sold them went to the state, and that’s not counting the blocking of oil contracts totaling 500 million pounds sterling. In addition, Nigeria made it clear that it is ready to block all oil exports to the UK on a moment’s notice. As General Olusegun Obasanjo, the Nigerian leader, explained: "We must make Britain look at the situation of Zimbabwe differently. No black African can feel free as long as the south of Africa is not free.”
The nationalization of assets occurred shortly before the conference of the British Commonwealth in Zambia. Margaret Thatcher, who attended the conference, announced that her government "will seek to establish the rule of the real black majority" - and the emphasis was on the word "real". It must be assumed that Joshua Nkomo was very happy to hear these words, given that he was seated within 3 meters of Thatcher. At a press conference given on the next day, Nkomo, radiant with pride, contentedly stated: "Yesterday, Mrs. Thatcher clearly learned something – if, of course, she was serious about the rule of the real black majority." (Associated Press of August 2, 1979).

In a joint statement, the leaders of 39 states once again stressed that they were in favor of "introducing the rule of the real black majority in Zimbabwe" and described the Salisbury Agreements as unconstitutional. The statement of the leaders of the Commonwealth countries also called for the convening of a constitutional conference under the patronage of Great Britain, in which all parties, including the "insurgents", would take part. In this statement, the country was exclusively called "Zimbabwe" and not "Zimbabwe-Rhodesia". This once again stressed that the fate of the country had already been resolved and Rhodesians wouldn’t even get to choose the name. Upon learning of this decision, Abel Muzorewa bitterly exclaimed: "I do not understand - is Mrs. Thatcher is a real conservative or a carefully disguised Labourist?"

In early September, the sixth "Conference of the Countries Participating in the Non-Aligned Movement at the Highest Level" was held in Havana. In addition to leaders of most African states, it was attended by Robert Mugabe and Joshua Nkomo. The leaders of ZANU and ZAPU actively urged the African heads of state not to support the Zambian statement. The reason was simple: both Mugabe and Nkomo wished to continue the armed struggle to the victorious end and overthrow the government by means of warfare. However, they did not take into account that Rhodesia’s neighbors were tired of war. Leaders of Tanzania, Zambia and Mozambique (Nyerere, Kaunda and Machel, respectively) held a closed meeting with Mugabe and Nkomo, where they demanded, as an ultimatum, that the latter renounce the idea of continuing the war. Kaunda told Nkomo that he was fed up with the war and constant raids of Rhodesians into Zambia. If Nkomo refuses to come to the conference in London, then Zambia will simply stop supporting the ZIPRA militants, shut down all of Nkomo’s camps in the country, and kick out his goons. Samora Machel told the same thing to Mugabe: his absence in London will automatically mean the cessation of all assistance to ZANLA.

At the conference in London (later dubbed the Lancaster Conference), which opened in autumn of 1979, Britain first demanded from Abel Muzorewa to recognize all of his actions as illegal, starting from the moment of the general election. Then a new constitutional plan was announced. In short, the plan effectively deprived the White population of all guarantees, even on paper. In addition, as already mentioned, the name "Rhodesia" would be struck from the face of the earth. Ian Smith, who was also present at the conference, fiercely resisted, but he did not possess any formal powers, as the prime minister’s title was still held by Muzorewa (temporarily recognized by Great Britain for the time of negotiations). American observers, sent at the insistence of Senator Helms (an action that caused a diplomatic hysteria in London), also could not do anything, as they did not have the right of vote. As a result, the parties reached a compromise – Whites were guaranteed a certain number of seats in the parliament, but not enough to be able to block future changes in the constitution.

On September 25, 1979 Abel Muzorewa addressed the nation – or, to be precise, the White population of Rhodesia, because the constitutional changes concerned them first and foremost. In his speech, he asked the White population to remain in league with the blacks, even though the former had been deprived of the constitutional right to veto. According to the prime minister, "Some may think this is the darkest day in history, but the darkness is thickest before dawn."
From the point of view of an ordinary person, this is called deception. From the point of view of a statesman, this is politics. When the White population of Rhodesia voted for adoption of the Salisbury Agreements (which gave the Prime Minister’s post to Muzorewa in the first place), they agreed to accept the rule of the black majority only on the condition that Whites would have the right and the opportunity to block any parliament constitutional reforms that could lead to deterioration of the situation in the country. Now, the White community watched in amazement as the Prime Minister, who was still wet behind the ears, calmly agreed to deprive the Whites of constitutional protection. Having agreed to such a step, Muzorewa, in fact, lost the moral right to be the highest official of the country.

The population of Rhodesia followed the course of the Lancaster Conference with unwavering attention. But the further it went, the clearer it became that this farce was unlikely to lead to anything good. From the point of view of the average Rhodesian, Thatcher and Carrington were trying to get this problem off their hands as soon as possible. Like businessmen caught red-handed with unseemly deeds, they tried to cut their losses and save face – all while betrayal on their part was more than obvious. A small country relying on Great Britain was simply tossed into water, like a child who does not know how to swim - and the audience watched with interest: will it sink or swim? But the international community insisted that it sink or swim only together with Mugabe and Nkomo.
Some Rhodesians were ready to agree that the original annexation of the territory on which Rhodesia was later created was not very fair and its initial development was partly based on exploitation of natives. But colonization of any territory imposes certain obligations on the colonizing power. In this sense, Britain has always set an example of fair play. But in the second half of the twentieth century, the United Kingdom began to give up its responsibility towards the African territories under its mandate. The Rhodesians had before their eyes a clear example: the territory lying north of the Zambezi, the former Northern Rhodesia, now Zambia. After 1964, this formerly developed colony turned into a failed state in a blink of an eye. Therefore, Rhodesians regarded Thatcher's position as desire to turn their country into the same wretched parody of a state as was Zambia. Desire of Thatcher and Carrington to quickly get rid of the "Rhodesian problem" while formally keeping their hands clean was compared with another well-known example of washing one’s hands. Curses that Rhodesians were flinging at the British government would not be found even in the most indiscriminate of dictionaries.

In turn, Mugabe and Nkomo kept putting forward additional conditions, threatening boycotts, and sometimes demonstratively leaving the hall of negotiations (for example, at some point they said they did not agree with the paragraph of the basic law guaranteeing freedom of conscience and religious beliefs, as well as the paragraph that protected landowners from forcible seizure of their property), but in reality these were nothing more than cheap tricks. Terrorist leaders understood perfectly well that the main thing was to get their hands on official authority, and then they would use it as they saw fit; no constitution would be able to handicap them, as plenty of African examples have shown. Credit where credit is due, neither of the leaders was a naive fool – after all, they commanded large armies behind which superpowers secretly stood, and managed to hold on to their positions for a long time, despite endless plots and assassination attempts. Both Mugabe and Nkomo understood perfectly well that in any future elections, voters need to be FORCED to cast votes in their favor, at any cost. And first of all, in this situation it was necessary to get rid of oversight - i.e. make sure the “peace” is kept not by the Rhodesian Security Forces, familiar with the terrorists’ methods, but by external forces, which know nothing of Africa in general and Rhodesia in particular.

Nkomo’s and Mugabe’s demands were firm - the state institutions of Rhodesia should not have any say in the matter of ensuring and holding elections. On this point, they stood balls-to-the-wall, and the United Kingdom was eventually forced to compromise: instead of Rhodesian Security Forces, a contingent of peacekeeping forces from the Commonwealth countries would be sent to the country to “keep peace” during the elections. The rest went according to a famous saying about an inch and a mile - the next demand was to recognize terrorist gangs as part of the peacekeeping forces. In fact, the terrorists ended up receiving more legitimacy than the Rhodesian army. Not to mention the fact that financial and other kinds of support of the elections, including accommodation and food for the terrorists, would be assumed by London. As one of the Rhodesian officers bitterly said later, "even if Moscow tried to create their own constitutional plan for the transfer of power in Rhodesia, it still would not be able to surpass the efforts of London, no matter how hard it tried."

In November 1979, President Carter said he was ready to consider lifting sanctions against Rhodesia as soon as the country's election process began. Stephen Solarz immediately commented on the president's statement as "necessary and timely" - to which Jesse Helms remarked dryly that lifting sanctions at the time of Rhodesia turning into a communist country would only benefit the communists, but not the U.S.
Upon returning to Salisbury, Abel Muzorewa solemnly announced the victory he had achieved. In fact, counting chickens before they hatch is a rather risky, if not outright suicidal, thing for a politician to do, but Muzorewa was not fazed by that in the slightest. He was more than confident in his victory in the upcoming elections, especially since his witch doctor had publicly performed several magical rites that guaranteed Muzorewa a landslide victory. All around the country, rallies and festivities were organized by candidates. The White community of Rhodesia gazed morosely at the wildly dancing negroes, who were beyond themselves with joy, and quietly wondered which country to start packing bags for.

In mid-December of 1979, Botswana, Mozambique and Tanzania warned the government of Zimbabwe-Rhodesia and Thatcher's office that they would continue to support the Patriotic Front if the victory in the elections did not go to Mugabe or Nkomo. President of Zambia Kenneth Kaunda abstained from such statements, simply saying that his country was on the verge of an economic collapse. There were reasons for this - several daring raids of the Rhodesian SAS had pretty much annihilated the entire transportation infrastructure of Zambia, essentially bringing the country to its knees. So Kaunda decided it would be best not to interfere, realizing that Rhodesians possess sufficient audacity and skills to pay him a personal visit the next time he decides to act up.
On December 28, 1979, a truce was officially announced. Terrorist armies surged into Rhodesia unimpeded. Some terrorists actually joined the peacekeeping forces, trying to follow the instructions and maintain order. Most of them, however, simply scattered across the country - according to the most conservative estimates, over 16 thousand armed terrorists entered Rhodesia at that time, although the exact number is difficult to name.
Contrary to starry-eyed dreams of London and Washington, the bloodshed did not stop and mass murder of civilians continued, except now it was in the context of explaining the new electoral policy "vote or die". Moreover, terrorists tried to turn their weapons against the peacekeeping forces themselves - they managed to shoot down a helicopter with three servicemen on board. London ignored the incident and did not take any measures against the culprits.

During this period (starting with December 11, 1979), the country was under the leadership of Lord Soames - on December 12, he arrived as governor and remained until April 17, 1980 – and was known as the Colony of Southern Rhodesia. Despite non-stop violence committed by terrorist gangs, Governor Soames did nothing - except for languid regrets expressed to the press:

In fact, Governor Soames had publicly admitted his inability to control the situation in the colony accountable to him - but neither Britain nor the USA was too worried about that. Nor did they worry about a war that slowly started smoldering between Nkomo and Mugabe – several attempts on the life of the latter were made in the pre-election period, but he miraculously survived. Washington hurried to announce in advance that the future elections would be "fair and just", doing its best not to mention the 1979 elections that had taken place in a peaceful and calm environment.

The results of the election were a shock for everyone except for the party of the victorious Robert Mugabe, who won by an overwhelming majority of votes. The "civilized world" sighed with relief - Rhodesia no longer existed, and what remained of it was led by a die-hard militant Marxist, whose coming to power was feared by all with at least a modicum of common sense. Margaret Thatcher expressed a hope that now the country will occupy a worthy place in the Commonwealth, Jimmy Carter posed for photographers with his charming smile, modestly recalling his contribution to the "establishment of democracy in Zimbabwe". Andrew Young, dumbfounded with joy, celebrated the victory, while Henry Kissinger, Lord Carrington and Cyrus Vance exchanged congratulatory telegrams.

Out of 100 seats in the parliament, 20 were reserved for Whites, and they were all won by Ian Smith's Rhodesian Front party. Out of 80 places for blacks, 20 went to ZAPU (Joshua Nkomo), 57 to ZANU (Robert Mugabe) and 3 to UANC (Abel Muzorewa). Britain granted its former "colony" independence and on April 18, 1980, a new state of Zimbabwe appeared on the world map.

Sensibly speaking, Britain could fully recognize the independence of Rhodesia in 1965, which would only benefit both countries. Great Britain’s example could have been followed by the United States. However, the leaders of these countries did not have the slightest desire to do so, despite having all the opportunity in the world. The United States and Britain could have helped resolve the "Rhodesian question" - without interfering in it - in 1971 and in 1976. From them, only one thing was required - to keep the previously given promises. Instead, Britain and the United States not only did not keep their word, but actively worked towards destroying Rhodesia. As for the United States, placing the cherry on top of this "work" fell to the great peacemaker, Nobel Peace Prize laureate, human rights champion, the all-pervasive human rights supporter James Earl Carter, 39th President of the United States. A man who prides himself on always telling the truth.

And this is it. I fucked up formatting in a few posts, but it should still be legible.

Here's a pastebin:
pastebin.com/D54iB3Zs

Attached: 41f48446e052f0451350f6e77adb581017c880c665769a74a267bbd71738119a.jpeg (525x525, 47.11K)

Attached: 1536198163911.jpg (720x720 107.25 KB, 100.66K)

or

I honestly don't know

Good posts. Thanks

First time posting on 8 Chan. i've posted for years on another chan. Seems a bit more adult here, so here goes..

Rhodesia Articles #1
———————————————–
Rhodesia: The Great Betrayal
archive.is/CRIzz

Remembering Rhodesia
frontline.org.za/index.php?option=com_content&id=1078:remembering-rhodesia
archive.is/zQen9

Remember Rhodesia - Pray for Zimbabwe
frontline.org.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=100000012:remember-rhodesia-pray-for-zimbabwe&catid=39:zim-rep&Itemid=186
archive.is/G8Rs0

A Tribute to Ian Smith
frontline.org.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1086:a-tribute-to-ian-smith&catid=39:zim-rep&Itemid=186
archive.is/8RvTK

40 Years after Rhodesia's UDI
frontline.org.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1104:40-years-after-rhodesias-udi&catid=39:zim-rep&Itemid=186
archive.is/rV9aA

“Ian Smith was right after all …”
frontline.org.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1114:ian-smith-was-right-after-all-&catid=39:zim-rep&Itemid=186
archive.is/hcNZi

Pics 49 Years later: Remember Rhodesia's UDI & the Great Ian Smith - The man who molded White Colonials into a KICKASS LITTLE NATION
historyreviewed.info/Article.php?ID=588137&
archive.is/1Z5GS

Zimbabwe - a Lesson in How to Destroy Christian Civilization
frontline.org.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1096:zimbabwe-a-lesson-in-how-to-destroy-christian-civilisation&catid=39:zim-rep&Itemid=186
archive.is/t7GPS

Very Important: Rhodesia's Ian Smith: We should have fought on Germany's side & smashed communism - From: Dr Peter Hammond
historyreviewed.info/advertview.php?ID=594660&
archive.is/Ahrf8

Courtesy of Jimmy Carter
redstate.com/diary/jeffdunetz/2010/04/19/courtesy-of-jimmy-carter-30-years-of-mugabe-tyranny-in-zimbabwe/
archive.is/0EHBP

A Tribute to Ian Douglas Smith
spainvia.com/iansmithtribute.htm
archive.is/BLi8O

Attached: 1471592942146.jpg (731x470, 121.84K)

No hyperlinks here ?

Rhodesia Articles #2
—————————————————————-
Rhodesia: The Great Betrayal (Great Article)
thecasualobserver.co.za/rhodesia-the-great-betrayal/
archive.is/s7hYU

Ian Smith has sadly been proved right
telegraph.co.uk/comment/3644217/Ian-Smith-has-sadly-been-proved-right.html
archive.is/Kqoxq

"It was easy to mock Ian Smith, but he was right - both about the betrayals and about the quality of most African politicians." PM Botha from SA agreed 100% with him in his last interview.
"However ponderous, however humourless and unsophisticated he was, Smith had run a successful emerging African country and, although the whites were the main beneficiaries, there was increasing prosperity among the black population.
Above all there was a sound, intelligently managed economy, free from the post-colonial blight of corruption."

Ian Smith has the last laugh in his grave
zimbabwesituation.com/news/zimsit_ian-smith-has-the-last-laugh-in-his-grave/
archive.is/xhV1G

Requiem for Rhodesia - The Website of Carlos Whitlock Porter
archive.is/NP2o9

The New Rhodesian Broadcasting Company
thenewrbc.com/

Pierre Trudeau: Against White Rhodesia, For Mao's Cultural Revolution
eurocanadian.ca/2015/07/pierre-trudeau-against-white-rhodesia-for-maoist-china.html
archive.is/aa8vH

Colin Wehr's Wonderful Rhodesia Page
rhodesia.me.uk/

How the City of Bulawayo cares for its African Population

Rhodesia was the Breadbasket of Africa. It fed multi millions of people.

Ian Smith 1919-2007
A Wonderful poem by Mencius Moldbug (read the comments)
unqualified-reservations.blogspot.com/2007/11/ian-smith-1919-2007.html

Attached: Salisbury 1969 from Livingsdon House.jpg (750x500 307.39 KB, 52.29K)

Rhodesia Videos #1
———————————————-
Rhodesia Interviews with locals after Mugabe won
youtube.com/watch?v=zWlyxe0X0Eo

Rhodesia's Rebellion: 50th Anniversary of UDI
youtu.be/8LBtLDuaIP4
archive.org/details/WhiteRhodesiasRebellion50thAnniversary1

Tons of Rhodeisan Videos by a man that grew up there. Jan Lamprecht.
historyreviewed.com/?cat=13

Fun Rhodesia
youtu.be/590i4U3Pj0s

Rhodesia… I was there
archive.org/details/RhodesiaIWasThere1

Rhodesia 1976
youtu.be/0S2NKlMW0vc

Rhodesia and The Great White Tribe
youtube.com/watch?v=AG_i8aabud0

Firing Line - The Question of Rhodesia (1974) (Best Interview)
youtube.com/watch?v=t1OzfpPtJoQ

History of South Africa Pt 10 of 12 Rhodesia 1890-1980
youtube.com/watch?v=_-vi72myXsA

End of Empire (1985), chapter 13: The Rider and the Horse
youtu.be/hZbPTDZAM4o

End of Empire (1985), chapter 14: Rhodesia
youtu.be/0DuNhsLR9y0

Rhodesia - Please Die Quietly
archive.org/details/PleaseDieQuietly1

Attached: Jameson Avenue Salisbury 1973.jpg (600x430 145.56 KB, 68.77K)

Rhodesia Videos #2
—————————————————–
Rhodesia, our Brothers in Arms
youtu.be/1FF3TYFaKUs

Rhodesia in 1971
The Song is Salisbury Town by John Edwards
youtu.be/iYDg3ofh7dM

No Sound in this video but it is much clearer. Salisbury, Rhodesia (Harrare, Zimbabwe) in 1971
youtube.com/watch?v=8Inq-nszYdo

The Kissinger Proposals
youtu.be/GVG1_Gso3xQ

Rhodesian Children singing We'll Ever Cherish Thee - Rhodesia's National Song
youtu.be/-TnNLWgjsBM

Rise, O Voices of Rhodesia - National Anthem of Rhodesia (1965-1979)
youtu.be/8xxKsjU5Q3A

The Effects of Jimmy Carter's Foreign Policy on Rhodesia - Dr Peter Hammond
youtu.be/TqK01N1kY-4

Gwelo Floats
youtu.be/U3v1YqxGWiA

Rhodesia - How would a war affect you ?
youtu.be/Vi-o5wVr5i4

The Measure of a Man (follows Rhodesian Officer Corp Cadets through thier training)
(Part 1) youtu.be/qkUJeB0Gb2w
(Part 2) youtu.be/i27hOVni0IA
(Part 3) youtu.be/PW5SD_NYqBQ

Into Angola - AL J Venter (1981-82)
Many Angolians Portuguese moved to Rhodeisa after the war there.
youtube.com/watch?v=ocTtdMUZiiM

The Tragedy of Rhodesia (1600s-1980)
youtube.com/watch?v=c-BWKNGRKuE

A Quick Rundown of Rhodesia
youtube.com/watch?v=CZjFZjZBD78

Attached: PA-9852991-1.jpg (654x491 80.01 KB, 87.99K)

P. W. Botha (The Big Crocodile)
South Africa's Last Prime Minister.
The Interview is very enlightening.. He talks about Rhodesia in part 3

Interview with Former President PW Botha 1of6
youtu.be/Qcv3Aahv-ho
Interview with Former President PW Botha 2of6
youtu.be/BDD6OfLabOQ
Interview with Former President PW Botha 3of6
youtu.be/TgtvGceDpTg
Interview with Former President PW Botha 4of6
youtu.be/nwIFMAQI5vQ
Interview with Former President PW Botha 5of6
youtu.be/LE2Ebje4_no
Interview with Former President PW Botha 6of6
youtu.be/t9rFUAPZcNc

Attached: PW Botha.jpg (850x400, 44K)

The Aftermath - Whites in Zimbabwe (plus three extra great Documentaries)

The agricultural infrastructure was rapidly developed and soon the country became self-sufficient in most agricultural products. In many cases production levels and quality equalled or bettered those in the developed world. The United Nations Food and Agriculture Year Book of 1975 ranked the then Rhodesia second in the world in terms of yields of maize, wheat, soya beans and groundnuts, and third for cotton. In the combined ranking for all these crops Rhodesia ranked first in the world. Some of these rankings were, in fact, reached long before 1975. Rhodesia’s Virginia tobacco was rated the best in the world in yield and quality, while maize entries in world championships were consistently placed in the first three places.

Lots more here
mikecampbellfoundation.com/page/a-tribute-to-the-farmers-of-zimbabwe

May Mike Campbell rest in peace. Murdered by Mugabe's thugs

Mugabe and the White African
youtube.com/watch?v=7psV-jald54

Zimbabwe White Farmers
youtube.com/watch?v=J1CK3XBbtG0
youtube.com/watch?v=Hq8bTloELCo
youtube.com/watch?v=wBD3tdQXYn4
youtube.com/watch?v=61tjRD1jvYw
youtube.com/watch?v=Sbfhrr2NyH4
youtube.com/watch?v=1_fl5zRV8go

Last White Man - Zimbabwe
youtube.com/watch?v=to4ZAXUJStw

Terry Ford. Murdered by Mugabe for his sister ?
archive.fo/hkCFo
This was his funeral in Haarare
youtube.com/watch?v=Y37fPsONkKU

Zimbabwe Pensioners Support Fund
zpsf.co.za/index.php/en/

Homes in Zimbabwe
youtu.be/UV-LD8DWEps
zimbabweaidfund.co.uk/charities.html

Looking For Mercy (Zimbabwe Documentary) - Real Stories
youtu.be/fKbARZktqLY

[related]
Empire of Dust (Chinese in the Congo)
youtube.com/watch?v=1a-QpyF7rNc

Africa Addio (Related - About the Mao Mao uprising in Kenya)
It also shows a little about the Congo, Tanzania, Nigeria, Angola, Sudan and SA.
youtube.com/watch?v=7K5qVWG5CXU
youtube.com/watch?v=NHnF85dww3M (back up in case 1st one goes down)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mau_Mau_Uprising

The Cannibal Warlords of Liberia.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZRuSS0iiFyo

Attached: Ben Freeth.jpg (720x450 109.76 KB, 68.84K)

Rhodie Music

RHODESIA WE'LL EVER CHERISH THEE
Rhodesia's National Song, by Jack Watson.

What a Time it Was - Clem Tholet

Clem Tholet - The Msasas are Turning

Farewell Britannia - John Edward
youtu.be/ckMQq60Xfmk

SKOKIAAN by August Musarurwa and the Bulawayo Sweet Rhythm Band 1947
youtu.be/oxnXcBBdUBU

Rhodesians Never Die - Clem Tholet
youtube.com/watch?v=tBVDdr3wqm4

Rhodies Everywhere - John Edmond
youtube.com/watch?v=h_s7L0vrjOI

youtube.com/watch?v=ZbM_0hRTSiA

We Stand Alone - Clem Tholet
youtube.com/watch?v=XLwUH5XtyG8

Another Hitler - Clem Tholet
youtu.be/fKGV8FPIiC8

Clem Tholet - Peace Dream

Sweet Banana - Rhodesian African Rifles
youtu.be/mnu2lMunSPY

Radio Rhodeisa 1977
youtube.com/watch?v=bm1vyD0OVp0

It's a Long Way to Mukumbura - Mike Westcott & Leprechaun
youtube.com/watch?v=-b3pESQYWdQ

Dixie Kwankwa - I Left My Heart in Rhodesia
youtube.com/watch?v=jM9PEqcz3Ls

Green and White
youtu.be/1vZ6sFNOFDU

Attached: Clem Tholet - Songs of Love and War.jpg (500x603, 47.69K)

Not Rhodesian but every Rhodesian knew these songs.

Bert Kaempfert And His Orchestra: A Swingin' Safari
youtube.com/watch?v=X6bsoyT86LE

Bert Kaempfert - African Beat
youtu.be/pUiAhclmvfE

Glenn Miller-"American Patrol" - YouTube
youtube.com/watch?v=DK-lBi5r6Jk

Miriam Makeba - Pata Pata
youtube.com/watch?v=gsDfHvIFwiU

Rodriguez - Sugar Man
youtube.com/watch?v=qyE9vFGKogs

Herb Alpert - A Taste of Honey
youtu.be/bsKo_LtShsw

This is modern but good
Rhodesian Girl - The Rhodies
youtube.com/watch?v=rI0SlyhmuwU

and 2 extras from 4chan
Warren Zevon - Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner
youtube.com/watch?v=UvTv-I2Y390
========================

Some great words from a Rhodesian about Clem Tholet

Tribute to Clem Tholet - A Story of Rhodesia
youtube.com/watch?v=nhfdsN6CywQ

George - John Edmond
youtube.com/watch?v=RrvXTIT2yJ0

Attached: Rhodesia Calls Sep-Oct 1975.png (760x435 189.69 KB, 119.48K)

Farewell Britannia - John Edward
youtu.be/ckMQq60Xfmk

Oh, I can see a jacket of red and white and blue,
Some lions and a unicorn, a harp, a bulldog too
I see some shiny jewels that sparkle in a crown
Some hearts of oak, some daffodils and hills of thistledown

Is this good-bye now, my Greaten Britannia
Farewell Britannia, adieu!
Must I leave you now, my Greaten Britannia
Will this be my last good-bye to you!

Must I say good-bye to David and George and Patrick too
To Andrew and the cousins and to all the folks I knew
It was a family quarrel and I'm too beat to scold
You close the door and left me here standing in the cold

I've got my red flame lilly, my Bird of Mystery,
I've got my own young lion that will walk the road with me
The coat I wear just isn't the one that I once wore
You'll find the old one hanging there behind your bolted door

Attached: Rhodesians died for Britian.jpg (736x1139, 173.41K)

Clem Tholet - Peace Dream

May the mountains standing by you ever guard you,
And the rivers wash your spirit bright and clean;
May the animals and birds sing of the peace that is to come
And not the glory of a land that might have been.
May God be with you and keep you strong;
May your tomorrows be rich and long.

May the lives that you have taken be for reason,
And the pain that you have suffered make you strong.
May the seeds that you have sown bring out the fullness of the future -
May God give you the strength to right your wrongs.

It's just a dream, I know - but dreams set you free
Dreaming can ease your mind . . . and bring you peace

May the sweetness of your soil yet bring you riches,
And your pastures ever fill your belly's needs,
May the nations that you harbour find a way to live as one;
Keep your standards high - do not give in to greed.

May God be with you and keep you strong;
May your tomorrows be rich and long

Attached: kissenger.jpg (1024x681 62.19 KB, 270.91K)

The Msasas are Turning to gold and to red.
In the light of the sun they're like fires.
When the winter has gone and time has moved on,
The memory will never grow tired.

When we were first joined, she'd walk in the fields,
Gathering the sunshine with her eyes.
With her hair flowing long, she'd listen to my songs
and give me all the love she couldn't hide.

In the light of the sun (hmm, hmm, hmm) they're like fires.

In the long winter nights we'd sit round the stove
sharing a smoke or a beer.
We'd talk till the morning came into the room
and it felt good, knowing she was so near.

The memory will never be tired.

She taught me to live and she taught me to love
She told me bout Spring and September
She showed me the good times. She taught me to laugh.
She showed me how to rememeber.

Attached: Msasas.jpg (1275x1650, 542.94K)

What a time it was
With so few friends to turn to
What a time it was
When all we did seemed wrong
We'd broken all our bonds and the battle plan was drawn
What a time, what a time it was.

1965, the year of UDI
Who'd have though the country would survive or stay alive
The UN made us outcasts
The British said we couldn't last
That we'd fall when the oil did not arrive
Now I don't say we were right
And I don't say we were wrong
I'm just trying to tell it like it was in simple song
You see when people love their home land
They regard it as their own land
And they fight, whether they're right or they are wrong
What a time it was

With all the world against us
But not all we did was wrong
We'd broken all our bonds but life kept going on
What a time, what a time it was

1966 saw some ocean politics
when two men climbed a taiga to have talks about the talks
they talked and talked and talked and talked
and talked and talked some more
the negotiations ended in deadlock
And in 1968 there was another great debate
This time aboard The Fearless
But the end was much the same
November saw a new flag raised while the people prayed for better days
And hope was still the surname of the game
And in 1970 our Republic came to be
Solutions seemed to fly a little further out of reach
But the next year through the gloom came Sir Alec Douglas-Home
And it seemed they'd found a way across the breach
So in early '72, Lord Pierce and his retinue arrived to put the nation to a test that they had planned
but still it seemed the plan was bad, no better than the last we'd had
and "no''s the word we heard across the land

What a time it was
With all the world against us
What a time it was
When all we did seemed wrong
We'd broken all our bonds and the battle plans seemed drawn
What a time, What a time it was

Attached: PH 2.jpg (696x1155 124.17 KB, 191.25K)

RHODESIA WE'LL EVER CHERISH THEE
Rhodesia's National Song, by Jack Watson.

Once a column came a-marching
In the long, long, long ago,
And they came to found a country
That the world would come to know;
It was built on toil and courage
Out of what was wilderness-
So they gave us this our country
To preserve and ever bless.
The early fathers of our land
Have left their trust in us,
On guard for all they won we stand
As those who follow must,
Rhodesia, our homeland
We stand on guard for thee,
Rhodesia our homeland
We'll ever cherish thee.
Once a column came a-marching
In the long, long, long ago,
And they came to found a country
That the world would come to know;
We who follow will remember
That to them this land we owe-
And to others who will follow
When it's time for us to go.
The early fathers of our land
Have left their trust in us,
On guard for all they won we stand
As those who follow must,
Rhodesia, our homeland
We stand on guard for thee,
Rhodesia our homeland
We'll ever cherish thee.

Attached: WTvl swimmers 1.jpg (720x459 100.21 KB, 82.08K)

Clem Tholet's song Another Hitler
youtu.be/fKGV8FPIiC8

If the world had another Hitler
Then where’d they go this time?
Would they stand aside and let him roll on through?
Would they keep their smug expressions
Or hide trembling in the dark
While some little country stood and fought for truth?

And yet the world attacks my country,
For keeping our people free
With all the brave young men that she can find.
There's thirty thousand heroes, stand to fight the Russian tide
And will no one come and fight here by their side?

Well it’s only forty years or so since Britain gave the call
And without a question we fought by her side.
Will the battle that we’re fighting be the one that history marks
As the day when British honor finally died.

And yet the world attacks my country,
For keeping our people free
With all the brave young men that she can find.
There's thirty thousand heroes, stand to fight the Russian tide
And will no one come and fight here by their side?

And if another Joseph Stalin
Or his old big daddy Marx
Should raise their heads in America the free
Would those down home-folks stand idle
While the hammer and the sickle flew
Above the flame that burns on liberty.

They forget about the evil
That lies rampant and raging in their homes
They forget about the ghettos and the (busing?)
And the Indian people that they trying (to dissolve?)
Is it any wonder that we gag
On the sanctimonious trash they try to feed us
Through the barrel of a gun?

While the nations scrap and scramble
For this piece of land we own
Do they ever stop to think of where it leads
Cos this battle is not the last one
And we're only stepping stones
And finally democracy will bleed

Attached: PA-8657978.jpg (500x694 74.43 KB, 68.37K)

Here's a funny Story about Rhodesia.
I just read a book by John Coey called A Martyr Speaks. It is the journal of an American Marine that went and fought in Rhodesia and died.
He said this in the book.
"On occasion, I could see trucks taking food and other supplies over the bridge to the Zambians"
and "While Zambia harbors terrorists, Rhodesia's best sanction against her would be cutting off electricity from Kariba. But this action is not taken because the Anglo-American copper mines and smelters would shut down."

Around 1974 Terrorists were based in Zambia and Mozambique and would run into Rhodesia, kill kill kill and run back to their respective safehavens in the aforementioned countries.

Rhodesia at the time had the absolute power to roll right over the borders into Zambia and Mozambique and could have ended the war in it's track in about a month.

Rhodesia ALSO could have won in another way. A MUCH MUCH easier way. They could have just STOPPED sending food aid to Zambia and Mozambique. Zambia would have starved out in a month or two. Mozambique would have lost the fight.
Either way they would have won. Know why they didn't ? Copper mines owned by Anglo-American in Zambia needed well fed workers. The same owners of those mines where ALSO arming the rebels.

Who owned Anglo-American copper ?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glencore

Then figure out what year Glencore started in Zambia… Follow the money
then look who pardoned the owner of those mines for world wide tax evasion

Attached: End of Empire.jpg (750x509 24.16 KB, 123.4K)

Rhodesia in 1971
The Song is Salisbury Town by John Edmond
youtu.be/iYDg3ofh7dM

A quote from the end of the video.

"Rhodesia
Once a friendly, civilized nation. Built by brave men of good quality.
It was threatened by Britian, USA and small nations with stupid politicians, like Sweden who was at the front to create a black communist bananarepublic of Rhodesia.
Rhodesia was defended by brave men of good quality, but they lost.
Zimbabwe!
A result of support from former super power, communist Soviet Union, communist China, communist North Korea, socialist Sweden and other nations with unresponsible politicians and governments of poor quality."

Attached: SalisburyAirport_final2.jpg (500x322 59 KB, 32.94K)

Rhodesian Radio archived on Colin Weyer's wonderful Rhodesia site.
rhodesia.me.uk/rbc/

Toni Fairfield hosted several programmes on Radio Jacaranda such as The Now Sound, Jacaranda Jukebox and Saturday Scene.Most of this recording, about 75%, is from Toni's Saturday Scene on 9th September 1978. Put it on your MP3 player and go for a drive. You'll be transported to a time and place that is forever gone. The best of our people, just a memory.
rhodesia.me.uk/archive/SaturdayScenebyToniFairfield-RhodesiaBroadcastingCorporationSept1978.mp3

Making for Midnight RhodesianBroadcastin Company (November 11th, 1977)
rhodesia.me.uk/archive/MakingForMidnight11.11.1977_final.mp3

Music at Sundowner time. A regular early evening music programme broadcast on the
General Service of the RBC - wonderful easy going music to end the day!
This programme was recorded on 17th April 1976
rhodesia.me.uk/archive/MusicatSundownerTimeRBC17.04.76_final.mp3

The "PM Show" was presented by Peter Mellor on the General Service.
It filled the last two hours on Saturday nights and this recording was made on 17th April 1976.
rhodesia.me.uk/archive/PMShowRBC17.04.76recordedbyColinWeyer.mp3

More Rhodesian Radio broadcasts from The Rhodesian Broadcasting Corporation
thenewrbc.com/pages/radio.html

Attached: Rhodesia 5 Dollar (Front)

A Piece Of My Mind by Lord Graham, 7th Duke of Montrose

rhodesia.me.uk/Montrose.htm

"Quite apart from the ruin brought upon Rhodesia, the once jewel of Africa, since the advent of Zimbabwe one has only to think of the chaos which has occurred throughout Africa since 1977 when Lord Graham wrote his piece.

Sudan (200 000 - 400 000 killed in Darfur), Somalia (failed state), Rwanda (coups and least 800 000 people killed per a Human Rights Watch estimate), Congo Brazzaville (2 coups), Congo Kinshasa (on-going civil war), Sierra Leone (4 coups and civil war), Liberia, Uganda (4 coups), Angola, Chad (2 coups), Central African Republic (4 coups), Burkina Faso (4 coups), Eritrea, Burundi (2 coups), Guinea-Bissau (4 coups), Mauritania (6 coups), Niger (3 coups), Nigeria (3 coups and widespread strife), Ethiopia (over 500 000 killed - per Amnesty International)."
This list is the result of just 10 minutes work – there are many other cases of repression not included.

It might almost be quicker to list the countries which have not suffered since their grant of “freedom”

Attached: Air Rhodesia.jpg (727x800 28.78 KB, 189.04K)

Here is a Book Reprinted Called Anatomy of Terror.
If you think the Black Communists were freedom fighters and the White Rhodesians were the bad guys. Read this.

rhodesia.me.uk/AnatomyOfTerror.htm

Attached: AnatomyOfTerror_final_000.jpg (420x600, 53.58K)

Rhodesia's case 1970

rhodesia.me.uk/Rhodesias_Case.htm

Rhodesia was not segregated as such. Rhodesia did not believe in forced integration.

" Rhodesia does not believe in enforced integration. It believes people should be free to live their own lives and determine their own future. Throughout the world there are communities where people live together because they share traditions, cultural tastes, and ways of life. If that is their choice, then they should be given every incentive and encouragement to exercise it."

Attached: Ian Smith Victoria Falls.jpg (594x582, 169.51K)

Zimbabweans on Sunday, 6th October 2013, woke up to a shocking admission by the state weekly newspaper, The Sunday Mail, that the colonial (sic) government of Ian Smith had fared better at managing the economy that the ZANU PF government which has been in power since independence. - by Gift Kugara 8th October 2013
archive.is/TXrDA

Zimbabwe now one of the worst places to live on planet earth.
rhodesia.me.uk/Titbits.htm
——————————————————————-
Dairayi Slogan

I grew up during the Smith Regime surely it was paradise not only economicaly but in terms of security, health cover disease control,employment, education standards, life standards, happiness, hope and self dignity. ZANU marara its not fair to even compare nana mudhara Iain.It was better when we were colonised by reasonable Westerners unlike now where we have handed ourselves over to the little devils the Chinese and the Koreans with the assistance of our own gullible sellout brothers and sisters vana Robert nana fuzi vake.These are the worst racists, most corrupt, exploiters, who do not have a clue about human rights.

archive.is/TXrDA

Attached: Gukurahundi killings.jpg (573x297 94.95 KB, 41.61K)

How the City of Bulawayo cares for its African Population

Bulawayo's African townships, with their model homes, sporting facilities, African-run businesses, and welfare centres, are of absorbing interest to the tourist who wants to see another aspect of the Rhodesian way of life.
——————————-
The New Environment
A remarkable transformation in life for Rhodesia's urban Africans.
rhodesia.me.uk/NewEnvironment.htm
———————————
This is Rhodesia's future 1971:

up to 1 million acres under irrigation producing $300m. (£150m.) worth of agricultural produce every year. (1970 prices)
—————————-
THE VOICE OF THE TRIBES
What did Black Rhodeisans actually want ?

RHODESIA'S CHIEFS (1968)
rhodesia.me.uk/Chiefs.htm

Attached: NewEnvironment8pool_final.jpg (500x254 54.2 KB, 25.98K)

—————–
Africans in Rhodesia

African Life in Rhodesia - 1972
by Lawrence CHAZA
rhodesia.me.uk/AfricanLife.htm

A decade of challenge and achievment:
The story behind the community development section (women) of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Rhodeisa
rhodesia.me.uk/ChallengeAchievement.htm

Rhodesia - Enlightened administration of African welfare
An 80 year progress report rhodesia.me.uk/APeoplesProgress.htm

Attached: NyanyadziIrrigationScheme_final2_000.jpg (800x575 89.47 KB, 99.69K)

Rise oh Voices of Rhodesia
youtube.com/watch?v=8xxKsjU5Q3A

Attached: Rise o Voices of Rhodesia.jpg (600x570 53.54 KB, 147.35K)

Rhodesia and Kissenger

The Effects of Jimmy Carter's Foreign Policy on Rhodesia
youtu.be/TqK01N1kY-4
The Kissinger Proposals
youtube.com/watch?v=GVG1_Gso3xQ

RHODESIA ATTACKS KISSINGER'S STAND
May 1976
nytimes.com/1976/05/17/archives/rhodesia-attacks-kissingers-stand.html

Henry Kissinger and Robert Mugabe: The Forgotten Connection via Remarkably Creative Negotiation
thezimbabwemail.com/columnist/henry-kissinger-and-robert-mugabe-the-forgotten-connection-via-remarkably-creative-negotiation

Attached: Jews again.jpg (573x768 138.44 KB, 391.78K)

No more late night broadcasts from the RBC
There is a VERY similar radio station In Mozambique run by a bunch of Rhodies. I listen to it all the time.
lmradio.radio.net/
They have a Really great radio station run by ex Rhodesian Broadcasting Company DJ's. They play ALOT of Bush War era music.
You can save this in notepad and name it
LM Radio Mozambique.pls

[playlist]
NumberOfEntries=1
File1=50.7.70.58:8945/

Then if it's on your desktop you can play it with any MP3 player or VLC (that's what I use)

Attached: Vic-Hall.jpg (365x138 24.93 KB, 14.78K)

40,000 white people are still stuck there with no rights, no representation. The old are dieing of very treatable disease and infirmities.
Many of them only eat when food is given to them. There are no jobs and their money and life savings became worthless many years ago.
In a country where thier fathers and grandfathers were born.

The story of a country that was being born and died during it's birth.. It's a shame on the entire civilized world for letting it happen.
It's the story of a country that fought against 100:1 odds and never lost. They were betrayed by their closest ally for who they had spilled blood to protect for a 100 years.

Zimbabwe Pensioners Support Fund
zpsf.co.za/index.php/en/

Attached: Zimbabwe Pensioner Support Fund 2017.jpg (720x1040 119.44 KB, 243.32K)

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glencore
Fucking hell.

Attached: 1551475236397.gif (500x500, 209.83K)

‘The Struggle for Zimbabwe’, by David Martin and Phyllis Johnson
"The expenses of running the ZANU PF offices in Dar es Salaam (Tanzania) were paid for by the Israeli embassy in that country."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZANU–PF

Attached: Bushwar Dead Forgotten IMG_9861.jpg (556x974 197.54 KB, 675.47K)

sad, when will the world wake the F up

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (2048x1272 65.33 KB, 3.65M)

When we are gone

Attached: 1547948186474.jpg (1440x1080, 426.31K)

Attached: 143180678737.jpg (229x343, 10.25K)

Nobody will remember the NASAniggers. They'll be a footnote in some wikipedia article.

Attached: balloon_flat_0.webm (942x522, 2.33M)

Transvaal + OVS >>>>> ((Rhode)))sia
Rhodesia is a good example as to how the Anglo is as bad if not worse than the Jew. The kike (((Cecil Rhodes))) had two prosperous Republics destroyed and their White Dutch citizens exterminated in the first ever concentration camps because "Golden Rhodesia" had no fucking gold, while the glorious Transvaal and Orange Free State Republics had gold.
I shed no tears that (((Rhode)))sia got taken over by Communist niggers, and frankly (((Rhodes))) is the only "human being" whose statues I'd condone being destroyed and torn down.
t. American Bittereinder

Attached: Based.jpg (470x650, 88.55K)

Rhodesia threads never die.

Attached: AirRhodesia.jpg (1782x1124, 250.07K)

If you ever get a nod and eye contact while wearing that shirt, you'll know.

Kek, I was just thinking about this over the weekend and whether the term "guerrilla warfare" originates from fighting niggers in Africa or if it's a word in French,

Jesus, it's amazing, This girl could easily pass fir Dutch or German. If you get the lower glass Brits off that fucking Island for even 1 generation and get them away from the take-away, gambling, give them decet=cent détentists and make them walk more and play more sports and they turn back into Germanics.Sancdis/Dutch Again, You could search the UK up and down and never find a woman even close to this. Yes, I know she's "Miss Rhodesia" but even still……it works the same with Brits. You them on Australia for a few generations and suddenly many of the females become cute,,,

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-05 at 4.38.41 AM.png (1226x1160, 2.13M)

This is the aussie example. No matter how far and wide you searched the UK, you'd never find a girl like this. What is it and why? Why do Brit girls insist on being fat, having a ton of makeup, the teased out gypsy hair, the stripper shoes, the skirts up to their asses, drinking pints like men?
Andy, same people and put them in a different island south of the quoter– only difference being some celt mixed in– and you get this:

story of whites who land on continent choke full of niggeroaches who will be attracted to easy gibs like flies on shit starship troopers style
said shit happenz n whites are like wat went wrong
joos didnt even have to try hard rly