What skills will we need when SHTF?

I have wasted too much of my time and money at University studying useless bullshit.

I have a degree in a scientific field, which will mean nothing when everything inevitably goes to shit. While others know how to create things with their hands and support a family through manual labour, I can read only read and interpret data and write reports behind a computer.

AI will make my job worthless soon, best case scenario. Worst case scenario, everything goes to shit and the white race will need people who have the skills to recreate civilisation from scratch. I have none of these skills. I cannot make a chair or a spear. I do not know how to raise animals or crops. I am unable to sanitise water or build an irrigation system. I have never laid a brick.

When everything goes wrong, I will be one of the first to die, and my family with it. Useless mouths to feed are quickly abandoned in a survival scenario such as this.

I fully expect it to happen in my lifetime; and even if it doesn't, I will need to teach and train my sons for when it happens in theirs.

I am going to retrain in a trade, something that is useful in an apacoloyptic scenario (electrician wouldn't help for example).

I value your advice, what should I learn? Bear in mind I am only one man, with no experience of these things, and neverhad to used my hands for real work in my life. I will be unable to pick up a lot at once, and can only start at square one. Ideally, I will try to master one craft and use it to benefit the future tribe I hopefully end up in.

What are your ideas? I'm thinking something as simple as plumbing. With maybe side/amateur knowledge of making backyard explosives/bicycles/bows/spears.

Attached: 1550935384151.jpg (685x1024, 121.53K)

Are you an eagle scout?

No. My parents were cucked and never signed me up for scouts even though I asked them constantly as a kid. One of my most resentful regrets.

What scientific field?

Neuroscience.

Great field for redpilling, bad for practical uses in this situation. The only thing you can do is pick up a survival manual, tools and guns, and go through it on safe camp/hunting grounds. I think there's a good pdf you can download off of >>>/pdfs/ on this.

Well, shit. Better start drilling holes in people's heads to make them feel better, ya' know, the world will always be in need of brain doctors!

This is a circle jerk LARP thread for low IQ niggers.

Yeah, don't learn real practical skills, goyim!

You will need the skills to house and feed and manage a large number of people who have no skills for living outside the domesticated goyim cattle farm.

Most of you are not gonna make it. You're too paralyzed with fear of feds and shills and will not take action for fear of being honeypotted when the time comes.

Why not continue to develop your skills in the same field (science)? studying how to synthesis organic compounds for medicine, black powder, tnt, kerosene, isopropyl alcohol ect? There are plenty of us ready to hunt/fish/trap/defend but we couldnt culture penicillin to save our family.

Just a thought.

But user, you're already worthless - you would know the current state of AI technology is not even close to being able to replicate your job if you actually knew what the fuck you were studying.

You dont need to go full hermit. People skills are perhaps the most important in a shtf scenario. Anything you cant do, you need other people for. Simple stuff like cloning plants and skinning an animal are all fine, but if you can only communicate like a legit autist you will die regardless of your skills.

You think thats bad.
Im an artist.
Me be fucked.

Neuroscience goes far beyond computation. I study molecular Neuro, it's basically biochemistry.

I was trained in none of these things, chemical synthesis is a Chemisty field. We are biologists.

Problem is not knowing the exact nature of the SHTF, how long it will last, or what comes after the transition (if there is an after), so the breadth of skill set to encompass a great many possible scenarios gets pretty broad.

Water/Fire/Food/Shelter are all that are required to survive effectively, but each of those are deceptively complex. Food for example can be gathered/hunted/farmed, now break down the complexity of those and what knowledge/skills are required. People take this shit for granted, and that's why they will die.

After the basics are covered, I include bushcraft and hand woodworking. I can build a cabin blind for example.

When the SHTF it will be bio-war.
"The revolution will be (gene) edited."

Other ethnic groups are well aware of the advent and awesome power of bio-weapons - a small lab can deliver as history-changing a strike as any nation state can. Any lab can out-gun so-called "world powers".

Unlike nukes, which require the resources of a nation to produce, bioweapons can be made by any dedicated molecular biologist, and even on a tiny $ budget.

CRISPR and other recent advances in biotech have democratized the production of WMD's.

So to answer your question - when the SHTF if you have the skills to handle a sailboat and get somewhere offshore to wait out the ethnically-specific plague, the boat might be crucially advantageous.

Attached: 777298262532919.jpg (777x692 50.61 KB, 79.56K)

BECOME INDUSTRIAL DESIGNER
And end your life of faggotry.

Good idea.

True.

Just as useless as electrician. Water requires electricity to keep gushing from the mains most places. Same story for water draining. If the pumps in the wastewater infrastructure stop working, the drains are going to back up pretty quickly.

For a SHTF scenario without electricity, pick a trade you can (a) practice without power tools (carpenter, brick layer, blacksmith) and that (b) produces things that don't require electricity themselves. And it should go without saying, learn to practice your trade without power tools. For in the modern world, every trade uses power tools. For if you don't know how to use a chisel and handsaw once your router and table saw stop spinning (or you don't even have chisels/handsaws) you will be useless once SHTF.

Plumber and electrician would be very valuable in op's context because plumbers run water and sewer lines and can help manage a well and/or sub-pump while electrician can rune lines to and from a power source and manage the power source such as a gas or solar generator. What kind of dumbfucks don't want water or power innawoods.

Unless the USA and Europe are secretly making the Chinese mistake and raping privacy on behalf of corrupted leadership, there’s no particular danger of SHTF. That requires S first, after all. The general secret of no-S governance is to run a government that doesn’t pry and has nothing to hide. Be excellently transparent and transparently excellent; be boringly competent and protective of the public weal.

user I…

For that they require:

* Pipes (the logistics for these are going to dry up very quickly)
* For freshwater: pipe fittings (logistics again) and a fitting press (electric) or a blowtorch that requires a gas supply (logistics), solder (logistics) and skills few modern plumbers have to boot.
* For wastewater: lube to stick the pipes together with. The average NEET can probably supply a whole lot of that from the box under his bed.

That's not exactly rocket science. Lower bucket, pull bucket back up.

Forgot the sparky, sorry.

That much is true. But in a real SHTF scenario you won't have a power source big enough to require a power source. You'll have daddy's Honda. And for that a mechanic is more helpful, because the engine is more likely to break than the generator.

Yep. Mechanic's task (they know enough about electrickery to get by).

Also, forget solar. That's only useful for keeping your fucking iPay charged and impossible to fix once it croaks. Unlike a generator, a collection of wrenches won't do. You'll need an oscilloscope, soldering equipment, electronics part you cannot quickly whip up on a pedal driven lathe. Good fucking luck without that in a SHTF scenario where the logistics chain is interrupted.

Oh, that would certainly be nice. But it might not be all that available.

PUA skills. And those take practice, so get started.

people will fight over you

wat

post discarded

All of them you datamining glownigger.

That list is going to get mighty long, user. If you want civilization to continue as-is in a societal breakdown scenario you are going to have one hell of a long logistics tail. But humor me user, what plumbing supplies *have* you laid in?