Thorium Power for a New Golden Age

Energy and GDP growth are tightly correlated

eea.europa.eu/data-and-maps/figures/correlation-of-per-capita-energy

One study estimated thorium would be able to produce electricity for 1.4 cents per kilowatt hour, compared to 6.7 for conventional nuclear, 4.2 for coal, and 4.1 for natural gas.

pages.hmc.edu/evans/LamThorium.pdf

What would it mean to our economy to generate electricity for 1.4 cents per kilowatt hour?

-A return of many energy intensive industries, such as steel production.

-The ability to profitably grow food inside, which dramatically reduces pesticide use, soil erosion, and frees up vast amounts of land for other uses

-Economical water desalination

-Growth from the manufacturing of thorium reactors, including the potential for trillions of dollars in exports.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vertical_farming

iaea.org/topics/non-electric-applications/nuclear-desalination

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Small_modular_reactor

Imagine a program where the United States government financed thorium reactors for developing nations including maintenance contracts. Imagine the government using their borrowing power to build reactors and sell power at a substantial profit. Imagine a government that is not financed by stealing your paycheck, but by selling valuable goods that help the economy grow, and help poor people stay in their home countries and stop flooding our borders.

Anti-nuclear green retards will never let it happen. Yes, I know thorium is safer than traditional uranium or plutonium based reactors, but these fucking retards can't be convinced despite my years of trying.

Oh good, we haven't had a thorium slide for a week at least.

Hell yeah brother, we need more eceleb and nigger threads.

sliding what?

Attached: mfw.jpeg.jpg (400x299, 17.68K)

Reported.

Bump.

Thorium is gay. Fusion is the only thing that should be researched at present.

Attached: OP.jpg (480x480, 18.54K)

Use the climate change meme against them. Thorium power doesn't emit carbon.

It emits waste heat like all forms of power and this is literally impossible to curtail. There is no possible industry which will not ultimately obliterate the planet. All technology is a suicide pact.

Attached: primitivist feels.jpg (1024x682, 258.14K)

This doesn't mention ecelebs. Reported.

Reported.

The amount of heat released by all forms of human energy generation put together is almost nothing.

Nuclear fusion is a good thing to research, but you forgot to explain why thorium is not.

At the moment. And fusion is unique to all other forms of energy, as it is generating NEW energy, not releasing stored solar energy. In the future, when all of humanity is crammed together like sardines in one giant global city, each individual citizen demanding a supply of energy many orders of magnitude greater than what they demand now, waste heat will become a true problem.

Do people actually believe in "forum sliding" meme, there are month old threads in the catalog dude

Yeah, Thorium! I knew a guy who was big on this. I never figured out what the fuss was about. I don’t like that guy anymore, but that’s got nothing to do with thorium. I liked the way it seemed to make him happy and hopeful.

This was somebody’s hope for the future! If there’s any truth in it we should see it brought to use!

Only shills believe in it.

Doesn't thorium still have problems regarding dangerous byproducts in comparison to other fuels?

By then we should be able to launch a solar shade.

LFTRs will have a lot less waste, and the waste will have much shorter half lives. Reactors could be designed to turn old waste into fuel.

There has never been any organic anti-nuclear movement not secretly backed by proponents of fossil fuels as controlled opposition. The Sierra Club, Greenpeace, Green New Deal, and the rest of them are secretly funded by big banks, manufacturing, oil and gas, and other orgs with lots of sunk investments in petro infrastructure.

I think he's referring to the waste materials caused by sodium corrosion of plant piping and other infrastructure which needs to be disposed of. Liquid sodium is a salt, and a highly corrosive, radioactive salt at that. Pipes, radiators, and heat exchangers will runt out internally and need to be replaced, which leaves you with a lot of highly radioactive metal to dispose of even if the process itself produces very little waste.

Even if Thorium is far safer, Americans have been lied to for decades by "experts" about how safe nuclear power is, then every decade or two, there is a disaster. The worst one in the United States was covered up completely back in the 1960s.

It would be like if Israel were completely innocent re some story of killing Palestinians. Their credibility is not too high.

We need to change that perception.

It's useless.
Kikes are already building fusion reactors all over the world.
The day people will ask to build public scientific/engineering research centers payed with their taxes, things will change because they would have understood that without scientists and engineers, the world is unexplainable.

Bumping the only real thread in the catalogue.

Gee, I sure do hope the increase in efficiency of ZOG's industries will please Shlomo so much that he decides to not genocide the White Race after all.

You're a nigger, aren't you?

Checked. Shills are probably used to 4chan and they know what sliding is, while here, as you've said, sliding is practically impossible so long as the majority of actual users use catalog mode.

We live in a fucking dark age in case you haven't noticed.

Yes…and moving to a new golden age would be a good thing, no?

>oy vey goyim you need more (((GDP growth)))!

Attached: Conversing with Females.webm (480x360, 218.4K)

I think people have “size of the planet” issues with some of this stuff. We can bury a lot of waste for a very long time on this rock. Especially if we don’t melt the ice caps! That shift costs real estate.

That said, isn’t nuclear expensive? A lot of materials have to be mined and processed to build a nuclear power plant. I’ve gotten the impression that the tech has economy problems in addition to its PR problems.

There are right-defiant pols who hatzors the nukular and left-defiant pols who lovzors the nukular, so if the problem was just PR I would expect someone arrogantly convinced “muh tribe izrite!” to ram it through.

Attached: MethanolEconomy.jpg (300x431, 37.58K)

Why do you insist on speaking like a cartoon infant?

thorium isnt available in many countries
wanna beg 4 russia

always sold on stupeed idea of sturs = fuzzon