Erdogan: Istanbul’s iconic Hagia Sophia might be active mosque again

Erdogan: Istanbul’s iconic Hagia Sophia might be active mosque again

Istanbul’s Hagia Sophia, originally a Byzantine Christian church, might be turned into a mosque again – a potential back-down from the legacy of Turkey’s secular government that turned the site into a museum in 1935.
“This is not unlikely,” President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said during a live interview with Turkish television on Monday, adding, “We might even change its name to Ayasofya Mosque.”
The Hagia Sophia became a museum under Turkey’s secularist government back in 1935, but “we may as well take a step and change that,” he said.
Erdogan hinted that the change in status would benefit tourists. “Tourists come and go at the Blue Mosque. Do they pay anything?” he asked, referring to another popular site in Istanbul. “Well, we will do the same with the Hagia Sofia.”
The Hagia Sophia was first built as a church by the Byzantine Empire in the 6th century and served as the main Orthodox Christian church. Following the conquest of Constantinople, now Istanbul, by the Ottomans in 1453, it was immediately converted into a mosque.
It was the world’s largest cathedral surpassed only in the 16th century by the Catholic Seville Cathedral was erected in Spain and later by St. Peter's Basilica in Vatican.
The idea of turning the Hagia Sophia into an active mosque has been around for several years. Some high-ranking politicians and Muslim clerics suggested that the place be opened to worshippers, triggering backlash in Greece, Turkey’s historic rival.
That aside, in 2016, the traditional Muslim call to prayer, the adhan, was chanted from a prayer room, not from inside the historic landmark.
In 2015, thousands of worshippers performed a morning prayer in front of the Hagia Sophia on the 562nd anniversary of the Ottoman conquest of Constantinople.

rt.com/news/454670-erdogan-hagia-sophia-mosque/

Attached: 5c9896e7dda4c8dd158b45b6.jpg (980x551, 157.42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2019/03/31/world/europe/turkey-election-erdogan.html
nytimes.com/2017/03/17/world/europe/erdogan-turkey-future-of-europe.html
telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/17/erdogan-calls-turkish-families-have-five-children-bulwark-against/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Based Erdogan, the accelerationist.

It’s fucking FUNNY user
Good move roach king good move

You don't know how much the video and the manifesto have been shown in the Islamic world. They all watched it and the Turks especially, Erdogan showed it during political meetings.

Oh no! A Semite vs Semite problem!

Don't care. I'm white.

Amerimongrel pls

Daily reminder that muslims are still occupying Constantinople.

Not just Greece but all Christian Orthodox want to recapture Constantinople.

I hope that this roach nigger does it, just for the inevitable backlash

No, youre not.

Until the Hagia Sophia is free of minarets European men are men in name only.

As long as Turks live west of the Bosphorus, European men are men in name only.

Checked my brother.

see
stupid nigger

It will be ten times better this way. Can't wait to see all you European faggots running around in it and whining about how inhumane the whole transition is and shit.

Attached: Turkroach.jpg (1591x892, 292.62K)

Oh look! A Turkroach that's jealous of it's superiors.

You aren't human, you're just cockroach scum

*Byzantium
Constantinople was named for a self-serving jew whore who was probably of the tribe himself.

Gotta stoke the flames for that Albert Pike Christian vs. Muslim clash of civilizations jews have egged on for decades. Hail Mossad agent Brenton Tarantino.

Superiors?

The roach King is simply using NZ as a flimsy reason to do what he already intended to do anyway.

It doesn't matter; at all.

It'll have no impact.

Who's going to do anything? Are you all really this delusional?

DO IT, YA CUNT
The faster you accelerate it, the faster your corpse with your golden toilet and all the roaches will become a grand forest for tourist attraction.

You think anything would be done about it?

Yes. It has a huge importance in Russia, Bulgaria, Ukraine or Greece.

Try me, I'd happily join the crusade to cleanse Constantinople and Byzantine from this filth and any of its sympathizers.

Attached: fresh kebab.jpg (300x302, 99.67K)

Come over to >>>/holypol/

local elections is just a week away, he's just rallying his voters. talking about bringing capital punishment back as well. just election stuff, nothing's gonna happen

Cool, here's hoping he goes through with it, summoning Tarrant 2.0 in the process.

You should unironically do this. Mad Vlad had the correct idea. Beat Brenton Tarrants high score in style. It can only go bigger from there user

I’m imagining a mosque of impaled muzzies live-streamed. ‘Twould be quite funny

we get it you have a muslim bull for your wife

Daily reminder that it was called Byzantium before Christard Era.

Daily reminder that you're a jewish shill and that you're not fooling anyone.

Christians, muslims, and jews should all kill each other in the last big blood orgy. But I know the jews are clever enough to sit that fight out :(

I support Brenton Tarrant now, they* deserve what they* got.

Taking back Europe is the number one priority.

nytimes.com/2019/03/31/world/europe/turkey-election-erdogan.html

J U S T

/ourstrayan/ removing kebab without lifting a finger

Show me the proofs!

(Heil'd!)
Lygos*, Kamerad

Reminder to kill all Muslim, Jews, and those within the government who aid the desert rats.

"‘You Are the Future of Europe,’ Erdogan Tells Turks"
>nytimes.com/2017/03/17/world/europe/erdogan-turkey-future-of-europe.html

"Erdogan calls on Turkish families in Europe to have five children to protect against 'injustices' "
>telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/17/erdogan-calls-turkish-families-have-five-children-bulwark-against/

Attached: 8738475345.png (2200x1700, 309.18K)