Zig Forumstech #???

MAKE YOUR OWN HARDWARE
SUPPORT SMALL BUSINESSES AND INDEPENDENT DEVELOPERS

You are watching a diy quantum computer in action, specifically, a Hadamard gate.

WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY ANONS

Currently working on miniaturizing these for sale and developing drivers for linux, expecting it to cost ~$200. Also looking into making larger/more powerful versions for servers and other purposes.

Anyway, enough shilling. It works by putting a beam of light into a superposition of itself. A little clever enginerding is all that was needed, the rest is stock electronics and optics.

I came up with the idea after reading about some of the backdoors implanted in random number generators. This device will produce a stream of bits with each bit having a 50% chance of being either a 0 or a 1.

and most importantly

Attached: qrng.png (550x482, 106.36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/r19Nh
youtube.com/watch?v=xneBjc8z0DE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nice. I wish I had some bux to throw your way bud but you know. Wage slave and shit

But user, quantum supersition is the qubit being 100% BOTH simultaneously until 'observed' by 'observation' wave-particles. I think you're just making a rather inefficient classical computer.

Actually disregard this I am retarded

This is clearly illegal.

Making non-ZOGed hardware for anons is illegal? It isn't but it wouldn't surprise me if it soon will be.

Can you explain quantum computing for dumb faggots like me and what your model is capable of?

Yes, it's illegal. Because potential for use against the State.

archive.is/r19Nh

That's a US export regulation. You are assuming:
a) OP is from the USA
b) OP will export his product

this gets me somewhat hard. just kidding feds i hate this
don't continue doing as you do. really don't

Attached: brick faking death.jpg (612x612, 81.73K)

Thanks fam, believe me I know…

I kek'd.

But yes, they're in superposition. You could create a superposition with a simple double slit.

Technically, the superposition will collapse as soon as the photons passed through the slit, but we aren't trying to build a full quantum computer.

And what's your point?

Good morning Kyle, it's been illegal to be white since 201X.

It kinda depends on how much info you want to know, but basically superposition is the key here, superposition means a particle is in every possible state at once. It's not until we observe a particle that the particle chooses a state.

The most common example would be the double-slit experiment where light was shown to have both particle and wave properties depending on when it was observed, each photon itself would somehow turn into two photons when passed through a double slit without being observed, but when the photons were detected at either slit before being allowed to go through, only one photon appears on the back wall.

Full blown quantum computers rely on something known as entanglement, and what that mean is that two particles are linked to one another, I won't get too in-depth with entanglement, but basically when you observe the state of one you will instantly know the state of the other no matter how far apart the entangled particles are. China uses this pretty effectively to secure their military and intelligence satellite comms.

Now, that is actually also something you *could* build at home, unfortunately the BBO crystal is ridiculously expensive, there are cheaper alternatives, but in addition to that you also need a very powerful laser.

As for my model, it's purely a random number generator designed for cryptographic keys. It will produce any number of bits with equal probability of being a 1 or a 0.

so for a single bit:
1 = 50%
0 = 50%
00-11 = 25%
Probability of generating any 1024 bit number:
2.781342323134e^-309

What makes it secure is it does not rely on an algorithm to generate a number. This means nobody can reliably recreate a random number (which they could on other systems). So if you have a 1024 bit cryptokey an attacker could not decrypt it by attacking the randomness of it and it also means if you somehow got hacked they would not be able to pre-seed it to change any future key generations you attempt.

Right now I'm using a 555 timer to keep things cheap, but since it uses light to generate our numbers rather than an algorithm, we're going to be able to generate gigabytes of random numbers in a very short timespan.

I'm also looking into selling these as kits with instructions on how to build your own with off the shelf components for the DIYers among us

OP 'exports' his product by virtue of sharing data/schematics/etc. online, this precedent was established with Cody Wilson's 3D-printed guns

Why not just go full open-source? Do you need to make back your R&D investment?

I also don't quite understand what's 'quantum' about the way you manipulate the laser, and what stops your generated keys from being brute-forced conventionally.

this has the potential to be the most interesting thread we've had in a very long time, pls dont ruin it kikes

Pick one.
Besides, if you want random, all you need is a radio and the background radiation of the universe. AKA 'static'.

>>>/poltech/

Eh, I'm not that concerned. There's already a wealth of public information about quantum RNG's, to differentiate one for no reason would be hard to uphold in court.

I am considering making it open source, but yes, mostly because I'm a broke college student. I'll probably do both, open source hardware/firmware + kits + complete systems.

As for it being "quantum", that's just it. It's a quantum system. Instead of a double slit, we use a beam splitter but the underlying mechanism is the same.

I guess that the timer is to have a constant rate of random photons sampling
that may be random, but it's not stealthy, an attacker can listen to what you hear or make you hear what he wants

There was a lady that used to make IC's in her garage. She was smoking hot as well. Damn if I can remember her name though.

More like 1965ish goy

Depends on his oscillator, assuming he's using one and not resistor trickery.

College phase sucks, it's tempting to monetise it. You should OS the tutorial/walkthrough so that any mildly technically competent user can do it without you or them tracing to some official vendor.

Also why doesn't the beam splitting interaction with the light quantify it?

The vector of the beam gets altered, meaning the state changes. It's not being measured at the splitter.

Being white is against the law.
Potential for thoughtcrime.

And what is random/quantum/secure/etc about this new beam angle? Is that where the (still classically computed) timer comes in?

no you dumbass, you need a timer to have a rate at which you sample your RANDOM photons

Kk, gl!

The issue with that is you're not going to get a 50/50 probability without a lot of work trying to identify which exact measurements you need to make to generate a 50% probability. Some people use this method as a seed (you could also use brownian motion via a camera which is what I was looking into at first), but ultimately this is the best way I've found to accomplish this task.

It's also self-contained, although I guess you could also put a radioactive material and a geiger counter into a USB stick as well if you were so inclined.

The timer makes it easy to sink up the I/o with the USB microcontroller. It has the added benefit of allowing the photoresistors to drain some excess charge.

The light itself is random. By passing it through a 50/50 beam splitter we ensure a normal distribution in our random number generator.

You could use different types of beam splitters, different wavelengths of light, etc. to modify this, but for random number generation the 50/50 one is required. From there you just compare the two light sources using whatever method you want and have your random number.

It's actually really simple.

You've done it now.
All of us should know asking for a thing not to happen on a board of peace is tantamount to summoning it.

you are a rayciss apologetic! apologize immediately!
being white is by default in flagrante delicto thoughtcrime!!!
/snark off inb4 getting banned for being a too smart assed in reverse snarkiness

Well obviously X=(0-45)

Thanks, clearly I need to learn some basic physics and quantum theory. Good luck with this project, I'd also request ideas for basic computer chips that aren't 'backdoored'.

Kill yourself.

sage negated

Ah, the pinnacle of imageboard culture.

EE here. What would you guys consider necessary for revolution? I can build nearly anything electronic and write tutorials for it

I said this before to a friend. Modern tech is fucked, and if I made a computer in my basement and tried to sell it I wouldn't get any sales because it is not a recognizable brand. Long gone are the days of true electrical enginnering and true computing. Intel doesn't even design their new x86 designs, they have a computer algorythim plotting the circuts.

If you develop something it will most likely be used by hipsters, retards, and true techies (a large minority now-a-days) much like the Raspberry Pi microcomputer is being used now. It had the potential to completly change the industry, and give R. U. Sirius' and Ted Neilson's vision of "Bringing the power of computing into the hands of the masses" (which Dr. Timothy Leary later compared to the Gutenberg Press) but it had been replaced by simple hobbyism.

An open source FPGA + toolchain, competitive with what Xilinx offer. Get started eng fag.

What particular elemental isotope are you using for your core?

my one weakness. I'm more useful on SK receivers and UHF board layouts. I'm studying FPGAs in my off time as of right now ;) .

Second for this.

What would you guys use for an FPGA other than having impenetrable DSP programs / encryption?

Curious. I'd rather learn how to use a dedicated DSP chip / board layouts for those.

Yes, quantum computers are not as efficient as the current computers.

I mean they are not as reliable.

One way of improving reliability would be to combine the two types of computers, quantum + standard.

Attached: unm.jpg (650x550, 105.44K)

bump

You forgot the 'goy'

/POL HAS BEEN TAKEN OVER BY NAZI LARPERS
/POL SUPPORTS OUR PRESIDENT
VOTING IS THE ONLY WAY OUT OF THIS MESS
DONALD TRUMP IS THE BEST CANDIDATE WE HAVE
GET ON THE TRUMP TRAIN OR GET OUT OF THE WAY
DO YOUR RESEARCH!
>>>/qresearch/
DO YOUR RESEARCH!
>>>/qresearch/
DO YOUR RESEARCH!
>>>/qresearch/
DO YOUR RESEARCH!
>>>/qresearch/
DO YOUR RESEARCH!
>>>/qresearch/
DO YOUR RESEARCH!
>>>/qresearch/
DO YOUR RESEARCH!
>>>/qresearch/
DO YOUR RESEARCH!
>>>/qresearch/

DO YOUR RESEARCH!
>>>/qresearch/
DO YOUR RESEARCH!
>>>/qresearch/
DO YOUR RESEARCH!
>>>/qresearch/
DO YOUR RESEARCH!
>>>/qresearch/
DO YOUR RESEARCH!
>>>/qresearch/
DO YOUR RESEARCH!
>>>/qresearch/
DO YOUR RESEARCH!
>>>/qresearch/
DO YOUR RESEARCH!
>>>/qresearch/

We tried that. Tragedy of the commons.

Attached: 2007.jpg (960x588, 99.55K)

dope mercury with thorium and spin it really fast in gaseous phase inside an aluminum donut at the right frequency. congratulations we have UFO antigravity. honk honkler

Attached: ok crazy lady.png (392x364, 129.88K)

where's imageshack on that

A simple way to make a hardware RNG is with a webcam in a dark box and a simple radiation source, such as the americium from a smoke detector. There's still some extra work needed to ensure sufficient randomness, but that's pretty straightforward. See also embed related and: youtube.com/watch?v=xneBjc8z0DE