"Healthy living in the modern world"

free 88 Page PDF covering lots of topics
Would post in /SIG/ but it's good and deserves it's own thread.

Sections are:

Nutrition & Diet:
Getting Started
Macro Nutrition
Food Truths (Cholesterol, GMOs, Tap Water)
Anti Nutrition
Vitamins
Foodstuffs (Grass Fed, Pastured, Fermented)
Diet Lifestyles
Weight Loss & Gain

Health:
Spiritual Lesson
Herbal Remedies
Hormonal Health
Endocrine Disruptors
Strength Training
Supplements
External Optimization
Women’s Health
Navigating Cosmetics
Online Stores & Resources
Sources

Download here:
ia801408.us.archive.org/17/items/LivingHealthyInTheModernWorldHenryAndFriends/Living Healthy in The Modern World - Henry and Friends.pdf

Page 88 of the PDF says volume 2 is coming in the future

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (673x341, 29.62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MIZoIJ86d_E
swamij.com/index.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

reading now

Ty very much user, best guide I've read so far

Shut up Shlohmo.

I thought the same, I've never seen anything compiled like this and written from our perspective before.

I've been having good results using keto as a guide. It's easy for me to follow during the week as I cook my own lunches and willl just cook some heavy veggie like broccoli, string beans or brussel sprouts and some sort of fish, red meat or poultry. The only sugar I have during the week is often a packet of sugar in a tripple espresso I do once in the morning and once after lunch. During the weekend I'm more prone to vices so I'll allow myself to indulge a little as it helps me stay on track during the week. I've gone on 2-3 month long sprees of barely any carbs and then I always relapse hard. But I find if I just do a "use it as a guide" rather than "law" approach I feel most people do with diets, I stick to it well. On weekends my cheating includes maybe a couple slices of bread with various cheeses, slav type deli meats and whatnot as snacks and sushi maybe. I like to make couscous using broth i make from bones, and chopped onions, garlic and dill. That's my real gilty pleasure right there.

As far as physical activity goes. Well I'm a lab monkey so I'm literally on my feet like 90% of my day, and at this point I prefer it to sitting especially if im trying to be productive. Just off my goyphone, I average about 3-5 miles of pacing back and forth just during the workday. I have a gym membership but I can't figure out my psychology behind my workout patterns. Right now I'm in one of my lazy periods I like to call it, however I'm actually in a really good position in life so I'm not terribly stressed so im not sure why I avoid the gym the past month and a half. Before, I was skiing every other weekends for two days on end, with 40-90 min gym sessions, half cardio half lifting usually. Sometimes I'll go to raves and dance for hours on end, last time I went I did 10 miles in like 5 hours LSD is the bees knees and anyone telling you otherwise is a kike

I've gone from like 245 in 2015 to 180 right now. Definitely in the best shape of my life, I only started caring like 3-4 years ago and im almost 30. Wish you could regain the brain powers from early 20s as easily as muscle strength tho

Also I really don't like doing breakfast. I just have zero fucking appetite until like 3-4 hours of being awake. But I'll force down a glass of goat kefir before work to settle my stomach and give me some energy.

oh jew

newfag shill cancer retards like you need a bullet. You remind me of the fags on 4/biz/ fuck you ours is slow as shit that cry when anons discuss Zig Forums tier topics, not realizing that there's overlap in many topics and that we're not the type to shut down discussion, especially when in a meta sense all topics belong on every board

28yo here, wanting to regain the same brain powers you mention.

21 mb
fishy

BUMP FOR WHITE HEALTH. BUT PLEASE POST THESE THINGS AS PLAINTEXT ON PASTEBIN A LA ANARCHIST COOKBOOK. TY.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-04-30 at 10.39.22 PM.png (904x502, 80.17K)

No need for these at all, a lot of them are common sense if you're a medicine major. like me

Im right behind you heh. I really noticed it starting around 25 though I went through a pretty emotionally period then. I just miss the ambition and drive and creativity I had back then, otherwise I feel like I'm more in control of my actions than I was back then although that might just simply be a summation of my life experiences. I will say, I definitely got my sex drive back so I can live with that. I had almost zero just a couple years back.

-racetams supposedly help with age related memory loss. i used to use piracetam and oxiracetam(the latter i liked much more) back in college and should try it again to see how it compares. it was minor but noticable. oxiracetam is slightly stimulating and has a weird effect of making treble sounds in music sound much more pleasurable, its hard to describe but apparently a commonly reported 'side effect'

Go fuck yourself spammer.

Not sure what issues you have but in regards to "Brain Fog" there are a ton of potential factors, here are some some common ones.

-Magnesium deficiency. Magnesium intake is critically low in most modern western diets. DON'T DRINK SODA, sugar or none it fucks up your ability to absorb magnesium. Magnesium citrate is a good standard source, but will act like a strong laxative until you get used to it. Chelated magnesium won't have the laxative effect, though it can have a harmless but awful fishy smell as it ages due to the amines used to bond the magnesium breaking free. Avoid Mag Oxide, it has the worst absorption. Unfortunately most food sources available to us nowadays have fuckall for magnesium content.

-Low salt/sodium. Low levels of salt are BAD for you and increase heart rate. The only time salt is bad for people is when they have medical disorders, usually after poisoning themselves for decades with high levels of carbohydrates. Start using it. Put it on food, put it in your water/tea/whatever. If you have any history of elevated blood pressure levels (or just plain don't know) I do recommend getting an automated blood pressure monitor, and using it few times before and a few times after you've have a bunch of salt. For most people, cutting carbs and adding salt ends up eventually reducing/correcting blood pressure issues (like what happened with me), but like I said some people have one bizarre disease or another, or have fucks themselves with carbohydrate poisoning and can no longer regulate blood pressure properly, so an automated blood pressure cuff is a cheap way know if it's time to talk with a doctor.

-Potassium is sometimes needed, but generally once you fix sodium, then magnesium levels are easier to keep up, and when both those are good then potassium is also easy to keep up. Lite-salt and mushrooms are good sources

-Calcium is even more rarely needed than potassium, but the people who need it are greatly helped.

-Vitamin D. I used to think that vitamin D was over hyped, but I'm starting to think it may not be hyped enough.

-Inflammation. This is a huge fucking topic I honestly don't have time to go into right now. Fun fact, inflammation is also the root cause of nearly all cases of depression (yes, even due to "emotional events" like a family member dying.)

-Incorrect Omega-3 to Omega-6 consumption ratios. Omega-6's are inflammatory when you have too much of them. Grass-finished is mostly an expensive meme, however in this instance it's actually worthwhile. Buy butter and other dairy from grass-fed cows if you can.

-Not enough DHA. DHA is an omega-3 that is a CRITICALLY important building block of your brain.

-B vitamin complexes (NO FOLIC ACID, IT'S WORSE THAN USELESS IT BLOCKS FOLATE), Zinc (this is basically what nofap people are actually benefiting from) or Iron can sometimes help too.

Cont…

Attached: FOOD HEALTH2.PNG (1797x945 196.01 KB, 524.05K)

…Cont

-Avoid ALL industrial seed oils. Corn, soybean, canola, grapeseed, it doesn't matter how many health claims it has, it's all absolute toxic garbage that has been heavily oxidized and warped with high heat/pressure. Industrial seed oils, in combination with carbohydrates are THE cause of cardiovascular disease. Stick with Saturated, and monounsaturated fats, because they resist oxidization. Coconut oil, Clarified butter, Ghee, and traditionally rendered lard and tallow are all you will ever want or need. Once you start cooking bacon ends and pieces (use a sharp knife to just cut sections off) you'll have more fat than you'll ever fucking want. Note that any saved animal fats should be kept out of light and in the refrigerator, or even the freezer, then it should be perfect for months. Note that fish oil supplements have the same oxidation problems as seed oils.

-Iodine AND Iodide deficiency. Both are needed. Iodoral is what I personally use, but milk and to a much lesser extent seaweed and seafood are decent sources. Avoid anything with bromine added to it (Brominated vegetable oils)

-A proper sleep schedule, based off of 1.5 hour increments. Meaning actual sleeping time is 7.5 or 9 hours.

-Fasting can also clear and energize the mind, just don't forget the electrolytes.

This is especially important
Most of this shit, besides magnesium, vitamin D, and possibly iodine(ide) will likely be taken care of on it's own if you actually stick to a keto diet that includes lots of salt, red meat, eggs, chicken/beef livers and hearts (and any other offal you are willing to try), bone broth, eating the joints and skin from chicken wings (collagen and lots of critical nutritional compounds!).
So don't go out and drop a hundred dollars on supplements and start choking down pills and prayers. They are ALWAYS substandard compared to real food sources, and only to be used to fill holes that you can't realistically do with the food/money you have available.
For example, about every other day I use Magnesium Citrate, Iodoral, K-Right (vitamin K complexes+ vitamin D3) and some additional Vitamin D3 (in organic coconut oil, not toxic oxidized soybean oil).
I used to take B-Right (a good B vitamin complex) which was noticeably helpful in regards to mood stability as I was clawing my way out of severe depression and health issues, but now it's nothing more than a piss dye because I've fixed the most important and complex chemical exposure I have in this world, my diet.

Good stuff here, thanks op

Good summary of what every man needs to know. Looking forward to your 2nd volume, op.

Good job user. Have a bump.

Attached: Xenoestrogens.png (877x2078, 111.58K)

Probably the best guide out there. Thank you so much for this!

Met an awesome user yesterday, i'm going to follow his regiment.

Attached: Udklip3.PNG (1776x639 202.41 KB, 305.36K)

Attached: Udklip6.PNG (1777x429 56.75 KB, 276.92K)

Attached: Udklip9.PNG (1745x231 72.69 KB, 40.56K)

If any young anons are looking for summer work, I'd like to recommend tree planting. It hardens you up, you make decent money, and you get the satisfaction of literally planting tens of thousands of trees.

If you think the layout is bad, tell me

Attached: AnonsIntroductionToPDF.png (1860x4288, 4.51M)

Thanks for the input, Dr. Faggot

It's not my work, though I was planning to produce something similar, this is probably produced to a higher quality than what I had planned.

About this work it talks about fried food being bad, because trans-fats are being used, but in the old day around 1800 i new in Denmark they had fried recipes but they would use glee, tallow or lard, from grass-fed farm animals.
My question, would fried food be safer or not damaging at all if you use natural saturated animal fats (or coconut oil)?

youtube.com/watch?v=MIZoIJ86d_E

What about cold pressed olive oil? I'm a sucker for sesame and sunflower oil tho

i pretty much quit drinking. only going to have organic wine/beer every now and then. working out, eating organic for years. feels good man.

It sould not be as harmful or harmful at all as the yellow slime called vegetable/seed oil, but contains almost no vitamins compared animal fats. If possible go for animal fats.

An effective path to realization, anons, is yoga and Vedic studies. It would be is the most uncucked unjewed religion except its not a religion, its a methodology.

This is not my website but an appropriate place to start for anons. swamij.com/index.htm

Attached: 2d2e1a3da6f2d6a9b491c725eb16be22.png (550x550, 122.63K)

i regularly skip a meal and replace it with low-quality protein shakes and 2 probiotic capsules. seems healthy to me.

That is absolutely retarded, eat the meal and the protein and eat real probiotics instead of capsules.

Thank you.

Does anyone have more information on cold exposure negatively effecting muscle growth? I have been doing cold showers but do not want to harm my gains.

That thing is scary.

Thank you user! Reading now!

Attached: 16a82f3112ef7672e2b2591af8193ba24c087f018763fb8c18c575af920eced9.jpg (1600x1200, 571.84K)

cold showers are slightly below 70 degrees, they aren't cold enough to affect your muscles

Fresh extra virgin olive oil can be fine, but only ever use it at low heat or raw. The oil is highly prone to oxidation, but there are antioxidants that protect it for a time. If you use high heat, you destroy the antioxidants and immediately start oxidizing the oil. So great for making your own salad dressing, but don't sear a steak with it. I forget if there are currently problems with deliberate adulteration of olive oils like there are with honey.

A good quality fresh sesame seed oil is fine (I enjoy the flavor as well), but make sure it was fresh when you bought it, store it in the freezer, and pay attention to the expiration date. Also it should only be added to food at the very end of cooking, which preserves the flavor anyway.

A big thing to keep in mind is that it's the magnitude of exposure and and the duration of exposure that make seed oils dangerous. Even with jews filling everything they can with industrial waste, it still takes a good ten years and lots of carbs to finally start truly fucking people up (though subtle effects can be measured within year). We are perfectly adapted to handle incidental exposure to the free radicals, the same way we can handle constant background radiation. So don't sweat the small stuff, but do be aware that this shit is sneaked into fucking everything. For example, vegetable oils are used in cereals to make them crunchy and resistant to getting soggy, because the oils oxidize and form a milk resistant laquer. And what really makes those yellow gallon gallons of oil dangerous are 'lipid peroxides', which are essentially a zombie form of free radical,

On a related topic, seasoning cast iron is basically just coating with a thin layer of oil, and fully oxidizing it into a hard laquer.
Flaxseed oil is the best oil to use for this purpose, and for the same reason is also a bad idea to eat it unless you are pressing it out of seeds yourself and immediately using it. Oils from seeds have basically been removed from their protective antioxidants.

Here's another fun fact about a herbicide called paraquat (Gramoxone): it's a contact "desiccant", and it does a good job of killing foliage that it touches and is often used as a "burndown spray" for weeds that are too big for other herbicides to be effective. How it works is that it blocks some enzymes, resulting in mass production of free radicals and shortly afterwords super oxides. These then go and punch holes in the cell walls until the cell desiccates or sustains too much DNA damage and dies. This is also exactly what the high load of free radicals in vegetable oils do to the cardiovascular system. Cardiovascular plaque isn't like clogged plumbing from excess fat, it's the body desperately trying to repair all the holes that were blown into the arteries by lipoproteins falling out of the bloodstream (or just plain disintegrating) due to being loaded with free radicals that damaged them. Paraquat kills (or at least used to) more people in regards to industrial accidental exposure than any other herbicide, and in the same way vegetable oils are causing the heart disease pandemic.

It should be noted that carbohydrates disrupt the multiple layered defenses we have against free radicals such as destroying the protective filaments that line our artery walls via glycation, and it takes several hours for them to recover.

Bumping

It's always awesome when I see an user shilling for Weston A Price and the associated literature. Read the book and it lines up with everything I've learned independently. Thanks user, looking forward to volume II

Keep it in the fucking book thread, good shit but waste of thread space

Get lost. The only reason to even step foot in a Yoga house is to get raped by hot yoga women begging for me to show them how to properly walk on backs.

Just use butter dummy

Butter as is isn't that great for high heat applications, it's full of stuff that'll burn and become cancerous, so you need to clarify it, or take it a step further and make ghee for better long term stability.

No, fuck you retard, the quality of the catalog has been a complete abomination for years.

Completely right, top threads are MAGA, Snoop Dogg, Kike Tarrant, ACCELERATE and other nonsense to distract the retards

You should do yoga after lifting. Dynamic stretching before lifting, static stretching afterwards, and yoga counts as static.

remember guys, always do opposite of what kike says

Faggots are not welcome here.

Lmao that fucking paragraph on magnesium. Magnesium citrate causes you to piss out your magnesium. Sugar has nothing to do with magnesium

probably needs more citations

Take care of the enviornment

One thing i think that picture should add about artificial sweeteners is that if ANYTHING tastes SWEET, your brain can detect its some fake ass shit and tastes off but your pancreas is dumb as a rock, and ANY "sweet" sensation you experience you might as well assume that your pancrease releases insulin, as the receptors on your tongue and organ are the same. That's why this shit often makes diabetus way worse, due to increased insulin resistance. You're literally better off just eating sugar at that point.

What are some non-degenerate hobbies that you all would recommend. I recently found out about Go and have been hooked on it since I learned about. Even though it's originally a Chinese game (allegedly), I find it much more stimulating than Chess tbh. I attended a Go club meeting with a small group of Whites that also play and they seem non-NPC tier with the exception of the boomer cryptokike that was also there smh. Any thoughts?

Attached: Goban.jpg (2064x1376, 694.84K)

Go is good, better than chess and would be easier for beginners to grasp since the rules are basic.

I would also recommend EVERYONE picks up at least one musical instrument.

I have been meaning to pick it back up again and learn how to finally slappa da bass man, but I haven't been putting in the time. Guess it's time to git gud again.

Attached: Murderface.gif (360x203, 128.4K)

Magnesium is one of the big ones. recommend magnesium threonate.

You don't need a lot of time to learn an instrument, more so dedication in practicing often on a consistent basis but also practicing effectively so as not to waste time. Go for it.

I learned piano, guitar - classical and electric, drums and such over several years of casual playing and practice.

Just eat your meat raw you faggot.
Put the butter on top of it and you have a healthy meal

hiking, reading, snooker or pool if you're a brainlet, painting

nice touch user

Holy fuck you're the niggest of niggers.

Thanks to this thread i started dry fasting.
I did 36 hours and feel great.
Thanks pol.

< self improvement is bad goy
An extremely obvious kike shill who the mods certainly won't ban.

Is there a section on grass-finished beef?

Practicing for 60 minutes 3 times a week on a consistent basis is not a lot of time.

I mention this to dispel the idea that you need to play an instrument for 8 hours a day for years to become competent.

You have to dodge the sodomites and fags that think this site is and hotels are fucking grindr

Bump for health

Bump

Bump again.

So Zig Forums, is it really possible to get thin over the summer? I've known people who did that, is there any good ways to this?

We're not falling for your tricks Moshe

Attached: HOOOOOOONK.png (660x751, 428.29K)

China’s government is corrupt and it corrupts others. Reciprocate the firewall.

Reciprocate the firewall against China. Corruption is cowardly and China is fascist!

I was happy to respect thread orders, but noooo. Apparently this riles somebody. Deal seriously with fascistic x-risks! Down with Chinese corruption!