Medieval history is due for a rewrite

>it [medieval studies] remains an intellectually conservative field that has largely resisted the waves of (((critical theory))) that have washed over much of the humanities in recent decades.
Shut. It. Down. Rewrite everything.

nytimes.com/2019/05/05/arts/the-battle-for-medieval-studies-white-supremacy.html
archive.md/cLCNy

Attached: Codex_Manesse_204r_Von_Scharpfenberg.jpg (986x1447, 1.05M)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/rancollection/Famous Men of the Middle Ages 1 - The Gods of the Teutons and the Nibelungs.mp3
youtube.com/watch?v=m5oGmnFoDwY
publicmedievalist.com/race-racism-middle-ages-toc/
website.informer.com/visit?domain=heretical.com
theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/aug/06/mary-beard-twitter-abuse-roman-britain-ethnic-diversity
archive.ph/qijfS
theatlantic.com/science/archive/2017/08/dna-romans/535701/
archive.ph/kxkgr
youtu.be/AUNe61Kyigc?t=545
youtube.com/watch?v=0IzTpzpayy4
youtube.com/watch?v=7NKi8WKhTW8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This is a cuckchan-tier thread

"They" have been trying to undermine medieval studies and history in general for decades now and there are many many willing good goys who support them, look at the BBC.

Famous Men of the Middle Ages

archive.org/details/rancollection/Famous Men of the Middle Ages 1 - The Gods of the Teutons and the Nibelungs.mp3

About time.

Attached: Joan_of_Arc.png (512x696, 262.98K)

I thought 8/pol/tards hated the medieval ages though?

how

Why bother rewriting it when it is going to be erased? It would be easier to push it out of schools as in an SJW statue removal frenzy, quietly disappear any such books from public libraries, classify medieval studies as hate speech wrongthink, and memory hole it. They could do it in under a year.
The only reason to rewrite our history is to plagiarize the storylines as vehicles for their multicult propaganda. Kang Arthur and the Knogs of the Roundball Court, or Joan of Dark (upthread). Sir Gawain Does the Green Knight. "Charlemagne, Warrior Princess". Or to give those welfare academicians something to do in the name of justifying their own existence.

This amusing comment elicited a hearty laugh from me.

The onus is on us to educate properly the future generations so that nationalism attains full spectrum dominance once again.

Ok so I have just perused the website linked in the (((nytimes))) article and it is absolutely disguting anons, pure anti-white hate one article after the over…

It is also an admission of defeat in a way. (((They))) know the people are subconsciously regecting the world view of diversity and multiculturalism, so now they have to resort to gaslighting.

>read one of (((our books)))

Attached: fe719a1b9829ed156eaab1303d3895f252d9c702cb208263a43853c918a4246.jpg (292x219, 38.84K)

I really think this is how an Idiocracy begins.
Soon they will tell us something like this embed, it is actually our past.

Reminds me of when kingdom come deliverance came out “a relatively realistic, and historically accurate RPG” and all the ((historians)) came out of the woodwork to bitch about how there’s no niggers in medieval Bohemia. Or how the Cuman invaders pillage, and rape, which they would never do in real life!

I remember them completely snubbing that gamemaker for exactly those reasons. They made the most popular single player pc game of 2018 and didn't get a single recognition in the US. I quit gaming 3 years ago, but I kept up that game, because non-fantasy medieval media is really rare among so much bullshit.

Attached: 1540148016492.png (1152x1400, 1.3M)

KEKING HELL
That's what medievalists are up against in current year +4.

Disgusting degenerates cannot even look at history without injecting their interracial fetish into it, do they realize how fucked up their brains are? If they had this kind of conversation with a group of brainwashed liberals in real life, do you think everyone would praise their progressive thinking or would they become noticeably uncomfortable?

WE WUZ RULED BY THE JEWS ANNN SHITTTT is literally how every Medieval thread on this shithole goes

Well, that lecture about Scandinavia during the Middle Ages I attend is really my only course that doesn't make me want to kill myself after killing everyone else, so of course that will have to come to an end.

kek.

Jews had no power in Europe until the mid 1800s. They lived in poor ghettos and were often subjugated and kicked out. Maybe in Spain due to the moors, but the Spanish inquisition was intended to root them out. That is why it is vilified by history, just so you know. Comwell let them back in during civil war after they had been booted out of England for 400 years.

Simple, it can be used for the needs of the ZOG. They can utilize this rewritten, bastardized, Judaized version of history to help destroy the West. Not only will this attempt of rewriting be used as a means of conquering, but a way to propagandize the remaining number of Europeans and their decedents, along with the various anti-white races they can have in school systems, to hate their history, their culture, their nation, and their race.

That's just your objectively, literally stupid assumption.

Too late fags, We already know what really happened at the Gobekli Tepe. Your days are numbered.

Attached: 1465008828271.jpg (1278x1586, 1.78M)

The bastard that tried to genocide the Irish and started a war with the Netherlands for no raisin was a kike puppet?
Imagine my shock!

What happened at Gobekli Tepe?

All da good Romans be BLACK.
All da bad Romans be WHITE AS SHEEEIT.
Gaul be a black land. Dat be why yt invaded, steal da essence of da blak peope.

Not sure what gender "Mary" is. Glad I took a hard pass when I saw her book for sale. Better to just stick with Edward Gibbon.

Attached: mary-beard.jpg (587x276 289.77 KB, 45.26K)

I don't know what that user knows, but its a vast complex of megalithic structures of antiquity, provenly buried in advance of something.
The mongrels which now inhabit the area have caused damage to it.
youtube.com/watch?v=m5oGmnFoDwY

To be clear, only a fraction of the site has been excavated (and its now heavily promoted as a tourist destination, because $).

you fags can't decide whether or not jews were powerless or that charlemagne was jewish himself and oppressed le bagan evropa

When will honorable men come together to end this? It's gone on far too long already.

Newsflash: Zig Forums isn't a person.

Try centuries. The rewriting of medieval history began with the protestants and intensified with the enlightenment and modern era

Hell, even medieval is an enlightenment era term. 'Middle evil'.

Depends on the translation?

It's not like were are going to see the Men of Akron, or the battle for Scarsdale happen anytime soon. I don't think you could gather a battle formation of men in Gainsville unless it was for the purpose of watching niggerball.

Attached: Tarjumah-i_Shahnamah-Spencer_Turk_Ms1-80v.jpg_original.jpg (492x640 129.61 KB, 239.65K)

I think they would lick their lips and cackle, because sexual deviancy drives them on. That freudian slip said it all. Its right out of their jewish, interracial fantasies.

So coeval means same evil?
sage for doublepost

The Battle of Ankara or Battle of Angora, fought on 20 July 1402, took place at the field of Çubuk (near Ankara) between the forces of the Ottoman Sultan Bayezid I and Timur, ruler of the Timurid Empire. The battle was a major victory for Timur, and it led to a period of crisis for the Ottoman Empire (the Ottoman Interregnum).
Timur was one of the most powerful Central Asian rulers since Genghis Khan. By long and relentless fighting, he sought to rebuild the Mongol Empire of his predecessors.
Timur had conquered Georgia and Azerbaijan in 1390 and Syria in 1399 after defeating the Mamluks, expanding his empire to the borders of the Ottoman Empire. The two powers soon came into direct conflict. Bayezid demanded tribute from one of the Anatolian Beyliks who had pledged loyalty to Timur and threatened to invade.
Timur interpreted this action as an insult to himself and in 1400 sacked the Ottoman city of Sebaste (modern Sivas). In 1402, the Ottomans campaigned in Europe, trying to conquer Hungary. Timur found it as a proper moment to attack and destroy the Ottoman Empire.
Bayezid was stung into furious action and when Timur invaded Anatolia from the east, hurried back from Europe in order to confront fast moving Timur somewhere in the west of Turkey. Timur, whose whole army was mounted, took a u-turn moving fast through Anatolia, slaughtering Ottoman conscripts, taking away horses, destroying Ottoman cities and towns in his path.
The conflict, overall, was the culmination of years of insulting letters exchanged between Timur and Bayezid.
During the battle the main water supply of both armies, Çubuk creek, was diverted to an off-stream reservoir near the town of Çubuk by Timur, which left the Ottoman army with no water. The final battle took place at Catal hill, dominating the Çubuk valley. The Ottoman army, both thirsty and tired, was defeated, though Bayezid managed to escape to the nearby mountains with a few hundred horsemen. However, Timur had the mountains surrounded and, heavily outnumbering Bayezid, soon captured him. He died in captivity three months later.

Attached: Ralamb_Sipahi.jpg (3097x4624, 4.77M)

What are you even doing here in the first place?

Hahaha this is so hilarious, how many gamers do you think has been redpilled by this mentally ill trash alone, probably a lot.

Attached: bbc anjou.jpg (960x720 62.73 KB, 64.79K)

So this site was linked in the NYT article: publicmedievalist.com/race-racism-middle-ages-toc/

It's worse than I expected, especially for something written by supposed professional historians.

Part I spends most of its time condemning the so-called Dark Enlightenment movement for the crime of discussing genetic diferences between human groups. I actually have no idea what this has to do with race in the middle ages. Then again the author is an deranged Jewess, so no surprises there.

Who said there was such a thing? What the fuck is she even talking about?

(Me)
More fun in Part II.

Typical. The author doesn't want to give any numbers and uses words like abundance, largely and disproportionate instead. Funnily enough I've yet to see any statistics whatsoever from those who are pushing this false multiracial past onto Europe. I wonder why…

These cretins are fucking shameless. They state it outright. What actually happened in the past doesn't matter to them, it's purely about ownership and control. It's about controlling the White race by depriving us ownership of our own history.

From a comment on the NYT article. Depressing, but seems about right…

> remains an intellectually conservative field that has largely resisted the waves of (((critical theory)))

Probably because it requires painstaking and the often very boring reading, transcription and translation of documents in Latin and hard to read vernacular. This stuff tends to keep
away nigger "Scholars". Also Marxists, being materialists, are repelled by the spiritual atmosphere of the past, and jews also get frightened off by all those "Deus Vults".

Anybody that calls history or the studying of historical material"humanities" is probably a Jew or a progressive retard.

You outed your self.

if the Holohoax turned out to be 110% BS once each part is studied, and that was in the age of motion pictures, sound, and even TV, how can we be expected to believe any (((establishment))) version of something that happened 100s of years ago, after all history has been manhandled by several batches of lying, censoring Jews???

These guys claim little to nothing "Christain" existed in Europe until much, much later, and Jews simply grafted their scam onto old existing pagan cross buildings. website.informer.com/visit?domain=heretical.com As far as I can tell they are correct, and they were sent to prison in the UK for saying such things.

That's not the point user.
It is obvious bullshit, but this is what (((they))) are planning.

This is why I backed up Marc Bloch's Feudal Society i and ii from Libgen in multiple cloud and home locations.

They do this time and time again. Yet they call us the revisionists.

Nope. /new/gger plus been here since the exodus.

Here's and example of what I'm talking about:

The middle ages was when evil tyrannical White men spread darkness over the world, stifling the creative genius of women and people of color FYI. White men have always held back progress and always been the root of the problem.

SMDH TBH fam

bump

Cromwell borrowed money off dutch kikes, and Its not like they all flooded in after. Whats the point when they was so established on te continent already.

Kikes realy got their calws in here after the battle of Waterloo.

Recurring micronova

No where did he say anything about the medieval times.

Just a brief rundown, but history says two things to me: we are better at war than any other race and just looking at the arms we created tells you why that is and we are the magnanimous in victory which has been our detriment.

Lynchings, abortion, social condemnation for the people involved.

These fucks need the bog treatment.

as a modeler for mordhau environment modeler, the second picture can go fuck itself.

is this a joke?
it's medium aevum, or the middle era/age/period, the term appeared in Latin first

Attached: 1533585622150.jpg (1280x1536, 592.78K)

Burzam tee shirt!
Weeeeee!!!!!

Violence solves that. Kill all revisionists.

Medieval
1. Pertaining to or suggestive of the Middle Ages.
>Origin:

Thas rite brother. Why you think they was all called BLACK knights?

The point is this entire board is run and taken over by cuckchanners

No is not their not a lot of them on here they will eventually leave or convert dont give out pussy.

How can you say that when you are from cuckchan. Look at the catalogue, its fucking garbage. Nothing but low effort posts about stupid shit, usually starting with a provocative question. There is no need to convert cuckchan because actually cuckchan faggots are still ideologically aligned they're just too stupid for scholarly content and think of everything in terms of war. Thats fine and we all have our ways to contribute but sometimes the best way to contribute is to know your place and stay silent. You fags never fucking lurk.

These are not cuckchanners but shills Zig Forums went through the trumpniggers, trs, lolbergs, gommies and got jidf to be lazy and more you think this would be any different?

user even if this board truly gets taken over (they wont) you forget a migration to another board on here or to another bunker or places like dreddit isn't possible other wise I would tell you to grow thicker skin you forget these enemies want us dead or disrupted which is why they are here in the first place

There was a direct link and an archive link in OP, how exactly is there any problem?

Y’all do realize studying things changes intellectually honest people, right?
Wait, who am I kidding?
This place doesn’t *do* intellectual honesty.

I skimmed the thread. Some standard ttsinayra garbage obv, but also someone who farted the phrase SJW out of their fingerholes. I’m contractualarry obligatoried to prise attention to that, so-ah, if anyone worried about the Iz-Jays in their coffeehouses really means it…

I think SJ people kind of historically don’t like medieval stylings, and they didn’t fuck that shit up in recent years for evil’s sake. They fuk-xed up because they didn’t know-xed up, yanno? So they didn’t understand how things were, they didn’t see how what was lead to what is, and they didn’t know what they didn’t know. It was just this ancient wild donkey aesthetic to them, as dreary and unwanted as brutalist architecture is to most people, and that plus knowledge gaps lead to a willingness to play majorly loose with the material.

Getting broader interest in studying the stuff should help more than it hurts. Ore ah moight jes bee a reel ewe, bleating for a cause I don’t unnerstand, keepin’ distant people in their sweaters.

Why be dishonest to yourself, then.

The 'Revival Age' followed.

I believe we call that the redpill around these parts.
lol
Read a book nigger.

(((Sean Miller)))

First book related

She's actually considered an authority in certain areas. Her books on Pompeii and Herculaneum are fantastic. Her ragged haggish looks are part of her charm. She's not some plastic bimbo, she gives a fuck less about that superficial mess. She was kicked off PBS for that once, actually, and replaced by a beautiful airhead. One things for sure she knows her shit. Whether she shills for team Diversity I don't know though. Fucking hope not!

I'm sorry to disappoint you but Mary Beard is just as fucked as the rest of them (did you not see the tweet posted?). There was quite the controversy a few years ago and she weighed in with the above. Some relevant news articles:
theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/aug/06/mary-beard-twitter-abuse-roman-britain-ethnic-diversity
archive.ph/qijfS
theatlantic.com/science/archive/2017/08/dna-romans/535701/
archive.ph/kxkgr

In her BBC documentary series on Rome she is incredibly political, downplaying the Whiteness of Rome (of course it wasn't 100%, but it wasn't modern Rome that's for fucking sure):
youtu.be/AUNe61Kyigc?t=545

Just stumbled on this, probably the worst I've seen from her yet:
youtube.com/watch?v=0IzTpzpayy4

And another one:
youtube.com/watch?v=7NKi8WKhTW8

Time and time again she's deliberately distorts the truth about the Roman empire to push a politcal agenda. Fucking disgusting.

The fascinating thing about the Medieval era from our enemy's perspective (oppressor vs oppressed) is that it begins with the white European peoples undoubtedly being the oppressed; largely innocent victims who are predated on by brutal foreigners of both the Arab and Mongoloid persuasions. Prior to this era, clashes between different ethnic groups were relatively rare, with most ethnic groups settling in various areas, growing to an unwieldy size and then seeing 'civil wars' of sorts between their own people. There were people like Alexander the Great who traveled great distances and fought some significantly different from himself; but the vast majority were fighting very similar peoples. Even among the Romans, North Africans, Persians, Gauls and Germanics; very similar people from an ethnic perspective.

This comes to an end in the Medieval period where the mixed race Arabs (Arab literally means 'To Mix'; they are half black) manage to gain a foothold in the civilised world due to Jewish scheming which ends up plotting the 'Persian' Sassanids against the Romans, decimating both Empires and bankrupting them; paving the way for the Arab hordes to establish themselves just 2 years after the formal end of their 'world war'.

The various steppe tribes like the Hun, Turks and Mongols feature as devastatingly powerful aliens who bring little besides bloodshed and disease. The European world is declining and has been declining, even the 'white' Persian world is undergoing not only a cultural but also a racial defiling of their people as the muddied-Arabs raped and bred their way into their noble families.

The Medieval era then shows the various White European nations, despite being horrifically outnumbered, initially out-teched (though this is due to Muds stealing the great works of the Greeks and Persians), fighting back to retake the position of prime power on the planet; and they did it all without any trickery. It was the most glorious instance of the 'oppressed' throwing off their shackles and exterminating their foes. It was an era of undaunted men who used their courage and strength of limb to push themselves forward. It was antithetical to everything the kikes and their commie sycophants hold dear - Christian, hierarchical, masculine, honourable and honest; and yet it achieved everything they have ever dreamed of achieving, overthrowing and replacing their non-white oppressors as the dominant force in the world and then being unquestionably superior in terms of morals and compassion.

Attached: 1381672871212.jpg (632x640, 213.92K)

Reynald de Chatillon is a good example of this. Mainstream paints that man is the satan incarnate, when in reality he was a bit of a autistic julius ceasar with his cunning plans.

Actually, another good example of this is the whole vilification of non-democratic systems of government. Like, how horrible and awful monarchic systems were due to 24/7/365 warfare and slaughter that did (not) occur, unlike in wars of freedom and democracy where mass slaughter is the norm and civilians are considered legit military targets. When in reality, if there were no religious reasons involved, warfare between two organized forces were more or less real life chess where you had thousands of people basically just staring at each other and trying not to die of boredom while lords tried to negotiate their way out of the whole mess with everyone's dignity and purses somewhat intact. For it was not in anyone's particular interest to lose face, resources and people in pointless battle nor to destroy a city or fortification which was being fought over.

Well modern arthurian myth is already papist fanfiction.
So can't debase it any more than it has already been debased.

Attached: 1522081302959.jpg (401x401, 112.78K)

Well knights weren't the entirety of the forces involved. But losing peasants was losing economic output.
Since back then they relied heavily on peasant levees for troops.

When is Zig Forums going to produce its own historical series of Evropean history? Why do we always have to complain about what others do? Lots of anons here are very well versed in historical knowledge. I would love to watch a Zig Forums produced history series on bitchute someday.

Untrue. Most wars were fought with VERY SMALL units of Royal and Noble sponsored professional soldiers, and often supplemented with mercenaries.

Conscription was near unheard of and peasants were only involved in defensive battles or Crusades where they were going on pilgrimage. Republicanism and later Democracy is what really brought about conscription and the huge armies of the 'common folk' who would be thrown into a meat grinder largely for jewish profits.

I disagree Redbad and Martel's fighting forces were at the same tech level, far beyond the Arabs, and fought each other in the same ways, it was Martel's religious civil war which caused so much attrition that made the Frankish realm open for Muslim invasion it wasn't that he was technologically inferior.

The main reason why the Muslims even took North Africa was because the Byzantines wanted to remove Arian Christianity and destroyed the countrysides of North Africa decades earlier fighting Arians and as well didn't support the Arians there or Arian Spain as well as many of these Germanic tribals accepted Islam as just another form of Christianity. Charles Martel even had to deal with one of his generals marrying a daughter to an Arab Muslim. A calculated move by the Byzantines though to remove their opponents but by Muslims invading Trinitarian lands, Byzantine support was given to fellow Trinitarians.

There's even a special edit added to 1 John as Arian Christianity was on the rise by the Trinitarians, not found in earlier manuscripts, the passage 1 John 5:7-8.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1274x261, 70.74K)

The arthurian legend you're familiar with. Camelot, knights of the round table, search for the holy grail, merlin, lancelot, etc.
Those were written by a catholic monk called Geoffrey of Monmouth
He wrote not only this but an incredibly inaccurate and pro-catholic history of Britain that has since been thoroughly debunked as papist fantasy.

The damage done by his tales of king arthur has endured. Leaving very few aware of the original stories. The tales of a warrior king who protected Britain from the saxons, was served by gods and often adventured in other worlds.

Not quite.
It really depended on the war in question and its scale.
The use of peasant levees has roots going back far further well into pre-Roman europe where the ruling and warmaking classes would conscript farm workers and so on into war.

It's one of the reasons that there was a wartime season and why the Roman legions able to make war all year round were so highly effective.
As the harvest approached troops would begin to desert to get home and tend to their crops and those who owned their farms and had brought them to war would abandon the war to ensure their own economic needs were met.
The legend of the wild hunt, it being heavily associated with winter and war also has its roots in this fact of life.

Attached: c3cb6402a1fa09eb7b3a3d889934ed58298a9144b912234dd373c3778449fcf8.webm (848x480, 7.96M)

No, not since the Carolingian's rose to become a major power did infantry play any major part. Battles, rare as they were, were largely decided by the outcome of the cavalry battle, as losing the cavalry would inevitably mean that the field army would get rekt. Peasantry were generally levied only under the most dire circumstances, as peasantry away from work meant less taxes. And since that peasant would now have to be fed and paid by the king, that would mean even greater loss of income. And, since once again, he was a peasant, he would likely not had adequate military training.

Also, if the peasantry got tired of King's shit (ie, being called to arms way too often), he just might decide that the king can go fuck himself and just not show up. As happened with king Edward I. In 1300, Edward went ahead a called feudal levy to military service, only 40 knights and 366 sergeants responded. King Edward had a lonely birthday-party that year.

Generally speaking by that point it was only the upper peasantry who were levied and they had some training and access to their lords armoury.
The assize of arms of King Henry was essentially just codifying the norms of the era.
Course Europe is a diverse place in its norms.

Also

King Arthur, it's my favourite myth after Atlantis and Antarctica.

Well the king arthur you know is entirely myth.

The actual Briton legend though is more typical of Briton myths in that it is a weird mash of historical fact and myth.

Technically medieval history was already rewritten, several times. Now it's simply the time to find a way to shoehorn niggers into it.

THIS. Somebody has done their research. "Arthurian legend" is a big fat French papist lie as was a great portion of post-Roman British history. Technically at the time Britain/Wales wouldn't even BE Catholic, they would Christian Celts (who weren't Catholics because the Romans withdrew from Britain).