Twitter Doesn’t Reflect How Most Americans Think

nypost.com/2019/04/24/twitter-doesnt-reflect-how-most-americans-think-study/
April 24, 2019

Twitter doesn’t reflect how most Americans think: study

Twitter really is an echo chamber.

A tiny fraction of the site’s ­users are responsible for the lion’s share of tweets — and they tend to be younger, wealthier and more liberal than the national average, according to a Pew Research Center study published Wednesday.

“Twitter users as a group express distinct opinions relative to the public as a whole on some political values, particularly when it comes to views having to do with race, immigration and gender,” researchers wrote.

And they are responsible for an outsized share of messages posted to the platform.

About 22 percent of Americans use Twitter.

And roughly 10 percent of those users are responsible for 80 percent of tweets — meaning just 2 percent of Americans are contributing to a majority of the site’s dialogue, the researchers noted.

The prolific tweeters send out missives about 138 times a month — while most users post just twice monthly, found the study found.

The “tweeple” are also disproportionately women who post regularly about politics, according to Pew.

And of all Americans who lean toward either major political party, 52 percent lean Democrat, while 60 percent of Twitter ­users lean that way.

Fewer people, meanwhile, lean Republican on the site (35 percent) than in real life (43 percent).

Tweeters are more likely than Americans at large to say that immigrants make the country stronger, by 66-57 percent.
They also believe black people are treated less fairly than white people by 64-54 percent.

And by 62 percent to 56 percent, tweeters believe there are societal barriers that make it more difficult for women to get ahead. And more say they voted in the 2018 midterm elections — 60 percent to 55 percent.

Those views are largely in line with less-prodigious Twitter ­users — but less so with the rest of the nation, researchers said.

Politics aside, however, the views of “Twitter users are not dramatically different from those expressed by all US adults,” the researchers wrote.

Twitter represents just a thin slice of American demographics. The country is nearly split between people ages 18 to 49 and those 50 and older. But 73 percent of US tweeters are under 50.

According to Pew, Twitter ­users are more likely to have a college degree than the average American. Forty-two percent of users have that diploma,
compared with 31 percent of US adults. When it comes to wages, 41 percent said they make more than $75,000. Only 32 percent of the general American population makes that much or more.

The study found they were less likely to report being “very attached” to their local community by 12 percent to 17 percent.

Researchers based their findings on a 2018 survey of 2,791 ­users who agreed to share their Twitter handles with them.

Attached: twitter-fail1-ss-1920.jpg (1920x1080, 396.58K)

Social media is a bubble for brainwashed college faggots, we already know that.

Except social media is promoted as the "Voice of the People!" by the Mainstream Media when odds are, most of the prolific tweeters probably work for the MSM…

Lost count of the times reading "The internet reacted…" or "X was criticized by the internet" when really it just refers to the Twitterati who reflect the liberal leanings of the loony left lugenpresse. Inevitably the whole internet will become a bubble of the loons and their poo pals if opposition is not strong enough.

Which is why Twitter, Reddit, Facebook (and sadly, now 4chan) are censoring the fuck out of their users, so that there will only be one voice and that'll be the Mainstream Media working for the Corporate-Government Elite.

Attached: censorship.jpg (1650x1275, 75.93K)

Literally BUMP as Fuck. Twitter is the Pinnacle fucking CYST of the face of Human Discourse. The sharpening rage of peoples suffocation will Know No end of pressure on silicon throat

BUMP BUMP BUMP. FUCK GOOGLE. FUCK CHINA. FUCK PLASTIC VALLEY. FUCK THE STREAM SOURCE. THE REBOOT STARTS

Come back home.

Attached: Usenet.jpg (500x375, 38.18K)

Zig Forums doesn’t reflect how most Americans think: study

Zig Forums really is an echo chamber.

A tiny fraction of the site’s ­users are responsible for the lion’s share of posts — and they tend to be younger, wealthier and more right wing than the national average, according to a Pew Research Center study published Wednesday.

“Zig Forums users as a group express distinct opinions relative to the public as a whole on some political values, particularly when it comes to views having to do with race, immigration and gender,” researchers wrote.

And they are responsible for an outsized share of messages posted to the platform.

About 22 percent of Americans use Zig Forums.

And roughly 10 percent of those users are responsible for 80 percent of posts — meaning just 2 percent of Americans are contributing to a majority of the site’s dialogue, the researchers noted.

The prolific posters send out missives about 138 times a month — while most users post just twice monthly, found the study found.

The “shills” are also disproportionately jews who post regularly about politics, according to Pew.

And of all Americans who lean toward either major political party, 52 percent lean Democrat, while 0 percent of Zig Forums ­users lean that way.

Fewer people, meanwhile, lean Republican on the site (35 percent) than in real life (43 percent).

Posters are more likely than Americans at large to say that immigrants make the country weaker, by 0-57 percent.

They also believe black people are treated less fairly than white people by 0-54 percent.

And by 0 percent to 56 percent, tweeters believe there are societal barriers that make it more difficult for women to get ahead. And more say they voted in the 2018 midterm elections — 90 percent to 55 percent.

Those views are largely in line with less-prodigious Zig Forums ­users — but less so with the rest of the nation, researchers said.

Politics aside, however, the views of “Zig Forums users are not dramatically different from those expressed by all US adults,” the researchers wrote.

Zig Forums represents just a thin slice of American demographics. The country is nearly split between people ages 18 to 49 and those 50 and older. But 73 percent of US posters are under 50.

According to Pew, Zig Forums ­users are less likely to have a college degree than the average American. 0 percent of users have that diploma,

compared with 31 percent of US adults. When it comes to wages, 41 percent said they make more than $75,000. Only 32 percent of the general American population makes that much or more.

The study found they were more likely to report being “very attached” to their local community by 80 percent to 17 percent.

Researchers based their findings on a 2018 survey of 2,791 ­users who agreed to share their Zig Forums id's with them.

I got banned off that dump for politely informing a jew that the children of Gaza were being burned horribly by white phosphorus bombs dropped by the IDF as a reply to his braying boasts about this crime. Twitter will let me return but only if I hand them my phone number.

That is not happening. Twitter should be abandoned.

Yeah…

it doesn't reflect how most americans think… YET.

The world will be made right, one way or another.

Attached: b0843a052674ae5b15a2b093a158df1e13ad8e3c3b502232068c67c7af6f48b7.png (972x972, 286.13K)

What trite nonsense, typical "nothing to see here", he says to the crowd, with his quantity over quality drivel.

The American Revolution was lead by 3% of Americans, and anyway your story is contrived and based on volunteers that doxxed themselves, an unlikely story.

Attached: 10000.jpeg (620x465, 65.65K)

I wish.

No fucking shit, twitter is full of the same tumblr faggots.

Hey look, it's sodomite Jack. lol at your wasting your time. I guess it's better than your jerking it to trannies though. I guess you miss the part of it being a study. So your comparison is bullshit like your life.

go home faggot

Attached: 68b139ec519df5af9c51d0450b0492f2e48ff3f022baf73636d72bca0c1850e4.jpg (654x776, 25.4K)

Funny how they don't even take into account those who don't "lean", which is on the order of 175 million Americans. That giant unknown factor must scare the shit out of people who want to preserve the status quo.

Attached: did-not-vote-2016-update.png (720x650, 46.48K)

More than 50% are bots and paid agitators, it's not social media, it's social influencing. Sadly boomers and/or low IQ retards think this is real.

Attached: 1554218956401.jpg (125x116, 2.59K)

I got news for you anaon…

Attached: IASiP 5.jpg (480x360, 113.16K)

Don't care moshe. Not your blog.

but thats just for downloading crap

they shadowban everybody without a scripted politically correct opinion

Nope. Usenet has far more than that.
The problem is that it's been taken over by the Feds.

EFNET was the last bastion of true free speech on the internet, and they were raided a decade ago.

Americans are esoteric Aryans

>2 percent of Americans are contributing to a majority of the site’s dialogue
The point that is worth your presence in this thread.
Now you may leave.

Attached: Jidf_logo.png (316x316, 103.67K)

I don't see boomers building the gas chambers and ovens, I see them welcoming spics into their quiet towns instead of fucking using those guns they love slobbering on. Its up to their kids and grandkids at this point, but boomers are still such a big demographic, that they steer both sides of politics. Our only recourse will be bullets. The ancient boomers will live to see the day, but most will have joined the ignoble dead, and I'm not sure what corner of the earth is my home to even fight for anymore.

Attached: 4cb5cb8fe6f6211a5736f7ace3de844e.jpg (423x750, 80.29K)

Fucking this

Awooo

These researchers sound antisemitic to me.

Twitter was captured and gamed for years by the left. When the right caught up (Gamergate) they started these (((blocklists))) and eventually admitted the shadowbanning they'd been originally using on spammers to (((correct))) the record.

I noticed this in 2007 (that magic year). Journalists who contacted people on social media were laughed at.

After the 2008 crash through, well, newsrooms were cut to the bone, so "you tell us about the news!" promotions (overt or covert) became popular.

When Notre-Dame was burning, most media were just rebroadcasting Twitter and Snapchat. Makes one wonder why you need to watch an hour of The News That Jews Approve anymore. We don't need (((context))).

Twitter runs in VMs. It's load balancing is done by Amazon.

Do with this knowledge what you will. Brock doesn't even reply to me anymore. Funny considering I was a friend of his family.

For reference, he has family memebers that work for the FBI.

alt.politics.incorrect

EFNET is an IRC network.

Usenet chat newsgroups still exit. eternal-september.org

I voted for DNV too, looking forward to doing so for the rest of my life.

We need more threads of entry-level redpills.

Leftypol approves of this communism.

Attached: giphy (1).gif (500x270, 973.85K)

we know this, they're called kikes and this applies to literally everything in the US