Rot Schild

Why is the German word found in many Jewish Surnames of German origin "Rot" transliterated to "Roth" in English? This is seen int the ROTHschild's; Sumner Redstone(the chairman of CBS and Viacom) his original last name was "Rothstein". None of this makes sense as the "th" sound isn't found in German only English, Spanish and Greek.

Attached: rothschild.jpg (1280x720, 103.64K)

Spanish doesn't have the "th" sound.

Look at this >>13377777

to name a few

To be fair, in EspaƱa, c is pronounced as "th". Which is a shame, considering that accent of Spanish contains an informal they which is not featured in meximud dialects.

Attached: 1409602421178.jpg (640x427, 23.01K)

Vosotros?

Rot = red btw I know barely any german

What kike-stats vid is that?

jewish

The strongest theory is that it's not "rot" or "red" but a local name for 18th century kike refugees to Germany

Some kikes anglicized it as "red" because a common theory is that it's a variant of "rot"

so, is it "red shield" or "red sign"?

This is my layman's understanding. The name is a reference to the people who operated behind a literal red sign. A "house" which grew into a "banking house".

Possibly, but they theory is that roth is more like "heeb" "yid" or "kike" Roth isn't a transliteration of red it's just what Germans called kike refugees. So it' would be "jew sign"

They weren't my digits you absolute faggot.

To clarify: perhaps no difference between "redshield" and "redsign" back in the 18th century. Shields were signs.

It's High German for Red you ignoramus.

I speak high German you faggot. Red is "rot"

The old German spelling with Roth.
Rothschild means Red Shield - their family coat of arms.

Attached: rothschild-coat-of-arms1.png (460x534, 185.02K)

Rothschild means "red shield", user.

Jews in the middle ages had to paint their houses with a special paint, which could be different depending on the city in which they lived.
In Frankfurt am Main where the Rotschild are from, red was the color, so they painted a shield on the front of their house red.
And when the last name reform came to germany, most jews got their last names from items or locations.
While most germans got their last name from the jobs they were doing.

I find it hard to believe that someone who speaks Hochdeutsch is unaware of the language's orthographical history. German used to use /th/ in spellings even though it was still pronounced [t] because that sound did use to exist in the German language a long time ago in an earlier form. The [th] sound in the German language existed very early on (proto-Germanic and earlier) and was lost during the shift from proto-Germanic to Old German (Urdeutsch zum Althochdeutschen); Althochdeutsch existed from around 500 or 600 a.d. to 1050 a.d. In some instances, the /th/ spelling was retained as a legacy spelling for the longest time. Only in one of the modern Rechtschreibreformen ("spelling reforms" for non-speakers of German) was the /th/ largely dropped in favor of just /t/.

Kikepedia states that the Rothschild name comes from the red sign which used to hang above the workplace of Mayer Amsel Rothschild, the German-Jewish founder of the Rothschild family.

Meant to add this: this shouldn't seem that strange to you since English has a spelling system which is more or less entirely based on etymology rather than pronunciation. German used to have more etymological spellings before the reform.

Daily reminder these people are the front men for the actual rich people
Theyre evil and powerful but i doubt theyre the top