Was the Sphinx originally a lion or Anubis?

If you look at the head of the Sphinx, it is disproportionately small compared to the rest of the body (especially in relation to the paws), and the head looks like it was carved down from something else.

There are theories that the Sphinx had a lion's head for the Age of Leo that it was supposedly built in, or that it originally had a jackal's/wolf's head to symbolize Anubis.

If the Sphinx was something else at one point, why was it carved down? Or is it possible this whole theory is all wrong and the Sphinx always had an unusually small head and the planners or workers didn't calculate things right?

Attached: sphinx alternate heads.jpg (638x479, 50.8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fIS_4irOTyo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I've heard the pyramids/Sphinx were there before the egyptians, and the nigger Pharohs just claimed it as their own. That the pyramids/sphinx were built like 80,000 years ago.

the sphinx is one of the only surviving relics from before the ice age. basically robert e howard was right

Is there any legitimacy to those claims or is it just a kike abetted lie? Though I do know that Taharkah was a mulatto (and a Zionist).

Another theory I forgot to mention was that the head was originally another (larger) human head.

What basis is there for a pre-Ice Age Sphinx?

Give more info user, this is interesting

I didn't mean nigger in the sense of "Kangz". I mean nigger in the sense of they showed up and slapped their face on it.

Ah, you meant pompous megalomaniacal nigger-tier pharaohs.

Hmm.
Well, here is a bronze pendant from around the 14th century BC found at a shipwreck at a site called Uluburun.
Pictured at the top are some swords recovered from the site, for anyone wondering.

Attached: Bronze Sphynx weight 14th cent BC Uluburun.jpg (768x1028, 217.29K)

Both the lord of the rings and robert e howards hyborea comes from a shared collective memory regarding the lands before the ice age.
it's also important to talk about the discs found in siberia. huge metal discs buried many feet into the earth. sickness, delirium, even death comes to those who contact them. in fact siberia is extremely important, there are huge stone formations found there that appear to be man made. this is where the slavs(hyperboreans) came from. Siberia used to be warmer than it is now, very fertile, their civilisation collapsed and they lived primitively before they migrated west into what we now know as slavic regions. the art of Vsevolod Ivanov is important and part of the collective memory

Attached: hyperboreans.jpg (2048x939 292.99 KB, 1.58M)

there's actually quite a bit, Bosnian pyramid and plenty of old stone. Graham Hancock covers it, seems a lot more plausible that we were wiped out and rebuilt rather than springing to civilization, science, music, writing and highly skilled stonework out of nothing.

Maybe
Either way praise fucking Kek

I'll say something else. The Sphinx is made of limestone. This means that it's very unlikely that your bottom pic was the original design due to the very poor tensile strength of limestone. A snout like that would break off almost immediately.

(checked)

I love Robert E Howard books. Many of my dreams take place in the Hyborian Age.

Attached: Conan at Shamar.jpg (736x982, 136.89K)

Keep carving. Next up… tiny el-Sisi head.
Eventually their current leader's head will be the size of a golf ball.

what is that ?

conan is top tier masculine fantasy. robert e howard definitely tapped into that collective memory and it allowed him to produce great works. howard even said himself that the idea of conan suddenly came to his mind out of nowhere and when he forced himself to write other fiction he could not do it. it's likely that the figure that inspired conan was a great warlord or leader before the ice age, lost in prehistory now

Attached: conan.jpg (1837x2591, 829.73K)

youtube.com/watch?v=fIS_4irOTyo
i don't know whether these are what caused hyperborean civilisation to fall by their own making or they are something else (UFO or alien technology, it's possible hyperboreans descend from interstellar beings themselves) but it's definitely something to look into that isnt covered much

Attached: siberia.jpg (510x409, 58.97K)

We were kangz n shit niggaz i swear to god man i my fucking family member from each iniquity i was an ancestor egypt man you telling me that that their emblems over there aint black? look at they skin man they black. hey you think you know man like im saying man we tryna go space n shit man like fuck man nigga these goddamn white peple man i ain't sayin man these white peple be ruinin our lives mane shit mane lemme lemme tell you mane my gran grandmama she part Egyptian mane you tellin me little king ta tu ta tut thats my great great great great great grandpa mane and you tellin me that these goddamn egyptians ain't black shit nigga look look man Julius Caesar's was black I don't know why this history books be lyin to you Julius Caesar's was black he wasn't white he Romans were ruled by by black peple shiet mane I tell you what I swear let all the black people in America go back to Africa they're gonna be god knows what.

I dunno. I’m not enough of a semiotician to know why the symbolic shift would matter, nor do I see the modern political relevance. Egyptologist, I choose you?

The Queen of the Black Coast. One of my favourites.
Beautiful image and saved as well!
Gods, I hope you're right. I have always envisioned the Hyborian Age taking place in a Bronze Age technological setting, even though Howard used medieval terminology in many of his works. Like Howard's great tales, this was the age of heroes and adventure. An Age between Ages. An Age between the truly ancient Empires of Akkad and the Old Kingdom and yet still when the earth was young. When shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars.

Attached: Hyborian Age.jpg (456x750 565 KB, 94.36K)

Mainstream archaeologists and historians are still denying the Bosnian pyramid claims, and the land the alleged pyramid is on is all privately owned with no excavation being permitted.

But then again, Gobekli Tepi was denied and considered pseudoscience, but just last year it was acknowledged as genuine.

So now the "first" (the chutzpah to say that) civilization is no longer Mesopotamia as taught for decades, but now a region in southeastern Turkey.

It's painfully obvious that ancient history is being kiked.

Yeah, I was thinking a lion's head was more likely given the snout.

nice ken kelly painting, he, vallejo and frazetta are the genre definers of sword and sorcery, i always preferred frazetta though.you're lucky you dream about the hyborean age, many people long for that kind of era
Young men clamour for adventure yet we've got nowhere to adventure to, nothing to fight for. howard was really the last of the great american heroes

Attached: FrankFrazetta.jpg (935x1200, 384.17K)

What's the current status of searchs over there ?

Did Howard really commit suicide ? I always felt he knew much more than what it outlines in Conan for example.

Attached: CROM.webm (960x408, 9.25M)

The size of the head might be for the sake of an optical illusion.

Attached: 8_2018_DL.0895-1024x683.jpg (1024x683, 110.55K)

Not that user, but yes: after his mother fell into a coma he went into his car and shot himself.

Honestly, some of you people are probably projecting your own primitivism onto others. Modern humanity is so post-economic that we can’t figure out how our ancestors were rich enough to afford cathedral-building. The sphinx could barely be built today. Tallest skyscraper competitions have stopped, long before arcology-grade engineering came into sight, and people’s response to physically possible neotech ideas has reverted to the ancestral bullshit of “that’s fictional, you’re crazy”.

It’s not that progress in science hasn’t been real. Our ancestors certainly didn’t have computers, and they weren’t on the threshold of biological immortality. Yet we’ve abandoned the central idea of economic value in favor of worshipping corrupted authoritarian primitivists in finance, instituting new pharaohs because, what, we like wasting money now? We like having our endeavors rise and fall at the whim of people with broken emotional processing? It’s eventually possible to construct a society capable of engineering in that manner - the Egyptians built their stone memorials like that. But it’s so slow relative to building a society that relies on a foundation of real value.

We have to be trying new things. We need to be rich enough to fail repeatedly. It’s often the failures that reveal the potentials. Yet we’re now so stodgy, so slow and risk-averse, that we’re being aryans and niggers instead of humans, fighting retarded tribal battles instead of celebrating truth.

I found my better Conan pics file. I agree, Frazetta is best. His paintings ae superb at capturing the emotions and sheer determination of his characters.
I'm fortunate in that I grew up reading both Howard's works and the Iliad hand in hand. Doubtless this coloured my dreams. Many an ancient battle I have taken part in in my subconscious.

It is interesting that the modern world is abundant in material wealth and yet this richness in gadgets and products seems to have come at the expense of honour, community, purpose, and the chance to live heroically. It can easily be argued that despite their lack of iphones and plastic hair-curlers, our ancient ancestors lived much richer lives.
I admit that I do enjoy having access to more historical information than my ancestors due to my computer and the internet. Yet still, I cannot help but share historian Eric Cline's dream of time-traveling back to the Bronze Age to see the Trojan War in person or walk through the Lion Guarded Gates of Hattusa or to live in a farming community that knew neither usury nor even money of any kind or to climb the cyclopean walls of Mycenae or Tiryns or Gla. Maybe the goal for society is to create a world where we can (once again) live the life of the Hyborians as depicted in Howard's Legends. Such a world setting would make many of the maladies of this society impossible. Ideas like feminism are even more laughable in a world where men fought duels from chariots face to face with sword and spear. A natural, organic world.

Of course, first there's this little matter of the revolution that we need to figure out…

Slow as usual. Especially since ISIS happened and all the researchers had to flee. It's been years and yet still less than 10% of the site has been excavated. Turkey is not exactly the best place for archeologists either so that has hampered potential archeological digs.

Attached: Conan Slaying the Ice Giants.jpg (1293x1600, 201.53K)

All that text, and yet a simple scan lets me know that I don't need to analyze (((your post))).

This nigger is trying to badmouth aryan.

Jew detected.

Good post user.
One could say that it also applies to Egypt. Unfortunately.

the head isn't original.

nah muh nigga da spinks is kang muhdikn

Ugh. Egypt is even worse!
I am no Mubarrak fan like some people here seem to be, but during the Arab Spring and his overthrow thousands of Egyptians stormed the museums and started looting the place. Untold cultural treasure has been lost once again and others wantonly smashed to bits by these subhumans. And yet liberal twits STILL are trying to "return stolen artifacts" to these shithole countries.
Anyone with any real appreciation for history is thankful that Britain spirrited these treasures out of the shitholes they found them in. If left to their own devices, the soulless Arabs would destroy the Gates of Ishtar with glee for no fucking reason.

Now that's irony. The greatest cities of the ancient world all located in an area where the inhabitants want to demolish them and replace everything with a giant mosque. Or where archeologists can't get to because of teh constant warfare

Attached: Conan and the Death of Thaug.jpg (1197x1599, 245.24K)

How does a Man from depression era Texas produce, create and fantasize about such elaborate Hyborian landscapes, myths, legends, and mysticism. This alone partially justifies what Varg believes; that when we feel, dream of things, we are not imagining, but remembering.