Conspiracy? Silicon Valley ADMITS Google Chrome Is Spyware

You open your browser to look at the web. Do you know who is looking back at you?

Over a recent week of web surfing, I peered under the hood of Google Chrome and found it brought along a few thousand friends. Shopping, news and even government sites quietly tagged my browser to let ad and data companies ride shotgun while I clicked around the web.

This was made possible by the web’s biggest snoop of all: Google. Seen from the inside, its Chrome browser looks a lot like surveillance software.

Lately I’ve been investigating the secret life of my data, running experiments to see what technology really is up to under the cover of privacy policies that nobody reads. It turns out, having the world’s biggest advertising company make the most-popular web browser was about as smart as letting kids run a candy shop.

It made me decide to ditch Chrome for a new version of nonprofit Mozilla’s Firefox, which has [a few] default privacy protections. Switching involved less inconvenience than you might imagine.

My tests of Chrome versus Firefox unearthed a personal data caper of absurd proportions. In a week of web surfing on my desktop, I discovered 11,189 requests for tracker “cookies” that Chrome would have ushered right onto my computer, but were automatically blocked by Firefox. These little files are the hooks that data firms, including Google itself, use to follow what websites you visit so they can build profiles of your interests, income and personality.

Chrome welcomed trackers even at websites you’d think would be private. I watched Aetna and the Federal Student Aid website set cookies for Facebook and Google. They surreptitiously told the data giants every time I pulled up the insurance and loan service’s log-in pages.

And that’s not the half of it.

Look in the upper right corner of your Chrome browser. See a picture or a name in the circle? If so, you’re logged in to the browser, and Google might be tapping into your web activity to target ads. Don’t recall signing in? I didn’t, either. Chrome recently started doing that automatically when you use Gmail.

Firefox isn’t perfect – it still defaults searches to Google and permits some other tracking. But it doesn’t share browsing data with Mozilla, which isn’t in the data-collection business.

web.archive.org/web/20190623160958/https://www.siliconvalley.com/2019/06/21/google-chrome-has-become-surveillance-software-its-time-to-switch/

Using browsers like Tor, GNU IceCat, Falkon and/or Pale Moon is highly recommended: spyware.neocities.org/articles/browsers.html

If you decide to use something like Mozilla Firefox and/or the rip-off Waterfox, make sure you install some privacy add-ons like Noscript Security Suite, HTTPS Everywhere and a Browser Spoofer like Chameleon.

Get rid of third party telemetry URLs and disable webGL and webRTC using about:config settings, see here: 8ch.net/prepare/res/22.html

Use free software like Bleachbit to wipe out online sqlite cookies/web cache/browser history: bleachbit.org/

If you want better online security, use a private VPN connection: web.archive.org/web/20180815204246/https://torrentfreak.com/vpn-services-keep-anonymous-2018/

Also, best keep as much personal information OFF your personal computer, encase ever hacked into.

Attached: Silicon Valley ADMITS Google Chrome Is Spyware.png (802x626, 18.96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/hO32t
spyware.neocities.org/articles/waterfox.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fuck off reddit.

Anyone one uses Brave might want to take a look at this… archive.fo/hO32t

stay mad glow nigger

Brave has A LOT of potential….. but there are some serious privacy concerns!

First off, Brave has webGL 1.0 & 2.0 and webRTC active and there is NO about:config to null them! Thats the first bad thing…. and where are the privacy add-ons?

The other thing, and I tested this in a sandboxed Windows 7 OS….. Brave has JUST AS MUCH hidden cache schemes deep in their hidden directories as Google Chrome does!

Now set up Bleachbit and get it ready, but first find the path %AppData%

%AppData% = C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming

Continue reading the rest of these hidden secrets about Brave here: archive.fo/hO32t

CIA niggers gonna get mad about this one folks. Expect it!

I use chromium because it’s the best for web dev. It’s obviously going to log everything you do while signed in, but tracking cookies? That’s hardly worth mentioning. This is grandma-level tech expertise being mentioned. I was thinking this would be about something less gay

Just use Waterfox or ungoogled chromium, niggers.

And I see no one here suggesting anything like this, or better privacy tips. People always love to complain but hate to contribute themselves. Why is that?

I have tried Waterfox, it is good, however it is almost identical to Firefox. It still needs about:config securing, it still needs privacy add-ons and still needs Bleachbit to scrub all its data collection. Its basically a rip-off of Firefox. Yes, thats fine, I use it too. But it still has every same vulnerability by default.

ublock for the browser. Hosts block for the host and/or router.

>thinly veiled advertisement of (((firefox)))

HOLY FUCKING SHIT
I knew there was bullcrap below Brave structure.
Thanks, user.

Attached: I_wonder_who_could_be_behind_this_door.png (356x463, 77.67K)

/g/ fag here

use palemoon only

… Where is the link to the official statementy op??

Firefox is already infected too
Many recommend brave or water but for me they are kinda unstable
I use palemoon 27 with the proper addons and cromium for some sites that the mememoon cant handle

Attached: fdcefdba5f10b84902d7e087d90eb9daa79da586de9374284edfd5571d077665.png (1200x675, 589.77K)

Noice

If you anons appreciate the info, please give some of the news like this OP and other red pills a bump on Zig Forums because their are glow niggers who are trying to disrupt us from posting truth. Zig Forums is important solely because it gets front page headlines.

Bump

Is this what it's like to be completely unaware of how software/browser work?
"Holy shit, my browser is…create FILES…that it needs…to operate! Nefarious!" It's almost too stupid to need a response. Images and things are downloaded and cached locally so you're not wasting bandwidth. Cookies are files stored by a client to do simple shit like keep track of your logged-in session but are also used by shit websites for tracking purposes. History database has a list of visited links. Search has a list of things you've typed into search boxes. These get synced to profiles so you can access them from different devices. That these exist as files is meaningless; they could just as easily be stored in temporary memory. Actual "bad actor" behavior would be copying these to the network without your permission, which you could stop by preventing that network traffic.

Attached: slowpoke.jpg (262x300, 25.85K)

All true, but why not scub this data once in a while? The point is it builds a profile on you…. and that could be used against you, potentially.

The really interesting thing is that its on such a mainstream website and was even linked to Drudge Report (which has millions of viewers every single day).

(((SHUT IT DOWN ALERT)))

I mean, I know nothing is safe at this point, but come on. This is fucking absurd.

Waterfox is rather vague about how much information it actually communicates to Mozilla, as evidenced here: spyware.neocities.org/articles/waterfox.html
It appears that quite a lot of info is actually given to Mozilla without the user's consent.

Use Ungoogled Chromium or Iridium with (((safe-browsing))) turned off as they have been deliberately developed not to phone outside without your consent.

Attached: The revolution begins.png (540x533, 428.7K)

PALE MOON
A
L
E

M
O
O
N

I imagine some techs have a profile on every single one of us

Attached: 1502158041814.jpg (600x600, 132.38K)

Your using fucking ms windows and your somehow worried about security?
The browser isn't your biggest concern here,friendo.

Attached: ArcticNauticalHochstettersfrog-max-1mb.gif (200x154, 964.43K)

but wat do?

Attached: DQuNJrUUQAA041c.jpg (601x711 164.01 KB, 54.15K)

fuck off glownigger

And what are you going to do about it?

so why is silicon valley so obsessed with peoples data?

100% pure Google cocksucking faggot kike / dyke / diversity hire employee.

Which Browser is least pozzed?
-Windows
-Android

Ffs reddit.

n-no p-problem kelly

Welcome to 2014, this is literally half a decade old news, older than that if you payed attention to the Jewgle censorship waves of 2011.

Attached: 1385881922065.jpg (396x691, 72.2K)

Google transnigger political bias being facilitated out of
[email protected]
don't send redpills and pics of nigger's assholes !:^)

Attached: 93ce2b3f302680031fa782066b3e4834d4b617f3a12fe9e12d0e69df9b5d0090.jpg (1280x1280, 228.44K)

Replace them. And when they try to shut you down using phony software patent cartel trolling, like what was used to stifle internet innovation through the 2010's, expose them and crowdsource counter-legal action.

Patent trolling was exposed and that's why Big Tech switched to censorship. Now that their censorship is being exposed in meatspace and surface web they have nowhere to go. Expect them to fight back but remember it'll be with limp wrists. Paper tigers burn fast.

what's wrong with Pale Moon?