Boomers or jews fleeing the country to retire after burning the country

At 72, Jacqueline Mackenzie has lived in nearly every state in the U.S. (her father was in the military and moved the family often), spent six years in Mexico and traveled all over the world.

But it’s in Vilcabamba — a town in southern Ecuador in the foothills of the Andes — where the retired teacher plans to spend the rest of her life.

“The climate is just unbelievable — never below 58 or above 86,” says Mackenzie, who moved to Ecuador with her husband Don in 2013. Jacqueline, who loves to garden, adds: ‘You can grow 365 days a year. It is a gardener’s paradise.”

“Our friends think we are crazy but they also envy us. An alternative lifestyle can be going overseas, but you can also go overseas and be alternative. We do both.”
Jacqueline Mackenzie

Though Vilcabamba is small (the town and surrounding valleys have about 4,000 residents), plenty of expats, particularly Americans, Canadians and Europeans live there: “There are a lot of aging hippies,” Jacqueline jokes. Vilcabamba is particularly appealing to people who love an outdoorsy lifestyle — hiking and bird-watching are popular here — and it, along with most of Ecuador, has a strong ecological bent. In 2008, Ecuador was likely the first country in the world to give nature its own right in the country’s Constitution, with one passage of the document reading that nature “has the right to exist, persist, maintain and regenerate its vital cycles, structure, functions and its processes in evolution,” the New York Times reported at the time.

This ecological leaning is one of the big reasons the Mackenzies moved to the country. They live in a so-called eco-village — residents here seek to have minimal impact on the natural environment and give back to the earth. “We do what we can in whatever way we can to live a life that’s less consumerist,” Jacqueline says.

That means they grow much of their own food; live in a home made of sustainable wood and stone; have a compostable toilet; get their electricity from wind and water; and don’t have a hot water heater (the water is heated by the sun), Jacqueline explains: “We try to live a very simple life.”
Jacqueline Mackenzie
The Mackenzie's home in the eco-village

It’s a life they say they adore — since 2013, Jacqueline has only been back to the United States once, and Don hasn’t been back at all since then. Though, of course, it’s not for everyone. The town is small and some say it’s too good to be true. Still, as Don points out, “the air is so clean, and I can’t get over the intensity of the blue sky.” And Jacqueline jokes that because even their grandkids are now grown, “we are just working at living.”

What do you spend each month?

The Mackenzies live on about $2,000 a month, most of that coming from Don’s pension (he’s retired military), they say. “We couldn’t afford the States, but here we are rich,” Jacqueline says — who adds that they now live in a home with a “million-dollar view.”

Their biggest expense when they first moved to Ecuador was rent: They paid $400 a month for a three-bedroom house on a quarter acre of land before they moved to the eco-village last year; now they don’t pay rent because they built their home for about $38,000 in the eco-village. They lease the land for free because they help out at the eco-village; when they die their home and most of its contents will go to the owner of the eco-village. They paid for the house by a combination of savings and loans.

Now they spend the most money on food (roughly $375 a month, which Jacqueline says costs that much because they are committed to eating organic whenever they can). Other significant expenses include transportation – they don’t own a car and spend about $350 a month on taxis — and health insurance. That costs them about $100 a month (they get it from the government), though they do have out-of-pocket health-care costs like doctor’s appointments and prescriptions, which can add up. Internet costs them a little over $80 a month and mobile phone plan $28 a month. They also spend money on things like gardening tools, gardeners, seeds, trees and soil and materials.

Attached: MW-HM325_jackie_20190627102024_ZH.jpg (890x501, 155.95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

marketwatch.com/story/these-arizona-retirees-couldnt-afford-america-now-they-live-their-dream-life-on-2000-a-month-in-ecuador-2019-06-27?mod=hp_realestate
twitter.com/AnonBabble

In addition to their simple lifestyle, they save money by not having a television — “we’ve not had access to a TV for 8 months, so we are entertained by nature’s sunrises and sunsets,” Jacqueline says – and by not traveling a lot and not eating out. “We like the rural lifestyle,’ says Jacqueline. “Eating out is not a big deal to us. We’ve already been to bazillions of concerts and plays. Now we listen to music with a glass of wine on the patio.”
Jacqueline Mackenzie
The Mackenzies at their home in Ecuador.

What’s the health care like in Ecuador?

The Mackenzies say thus far they’ve been impressed with Ecuador’s health care system. They both have insurance through the government (which costs about $100 a month total) and their out-of-pocket costs haven’t been too bad. When she had her hip replaced a few years back in Guayaquil, the second largest city in Ecuador, her out-of-pocket costs were about $1,800. But because they live in a small town, they do have to travel about an hour for major surgeries (when Don had surgery a few years back, he did so in the nearby city of Loja.) You can read more about the costs of health insurance in Ecuador here and read expats talking about the quality and cost of care here.

How hard is it to get residency?

“It’s a nightmare,” Jacqueline says. “It is complicated.” This resource can help you figure out what you might need if you want to stay for an extended period or become a permanent resident.

What do you miss about the United States?

“Not the politics,” jokes Jacqueline — who says it’s her friends she misses most. “I do my best to stay in touch but I do miss them.” For Don, it’s Home Depot HD, +0.29% —“getting parts for building is difficult here, it can take 2 to 3 months.”

Bottom line:

Despite the great weather and their simple lifestyle — both of which they adore — Jacqueline and Don says it’s the people they love most. Every Sunday Don gets together with a group of about a dozen expats for brunch “to resolve the world’s problems,” he jokes. And Jacqueline is a member of a “sister circle” of roughly a dozen women where “we try to be as emotionally supportive as possible.” Plus, young people from all over the world come to visit the eco-village, so sometimes “there might be five different languages spoken over one meal,” Jacqueline says.

“Our friends think we are crazy but they also envy us,” Jacqueline says. “An alternative lifestyle can be going overseas, but you can also go overseas and be alternative. We do both.”

marketwatch.com/story/these-arizona-retirees-couldnt-afford-america-now-they-live-their-dream-life-on-2000-a-month-in-ecuador-2019-06-27?mod=hp_realestate

Attached: article-2323471-19BD33FB000005DC-251_964x695.jpg (964x695, 90.83K)

i look forward to hearing about "racist white couple found dead among poor disenfranchised brown people" in the future
also sage for faggot news thread

oh ya, they are definitely getting raped

That's expensive for a third world shit hole.

Cold weather is the best, all the non-whites stay inside and there's no annoying fucking bugs to deal with

It's the safest "white" community they could find probably. Look at their hats, it's probably a literal gated community.

Remember that Jewish community that got kicked out of South America before fleeing to the USA, which led to the FBI having a man hunt because children and young adults were being abducted for that community?

Look at their noses.

Attached: 94e55e0ae323e19b973462e95c679959e86e7a1e33247bc9fddd333ad5e99a7e.png (625x893, 1.07M)

Fucking retards probably squandered everything

that pic makes me sad, saved
also to your point they are probably the type to blow all their money and complain about their children being "dead beats"
still saging fren

I fucking hate boomers. The kind of people that have grandchildren; one works for a department store. They tell the kid, if you work harder you'll get paid more…when the pay is set and working harder doesn't get you paid more. I heard them say this to my brother. Fuckers! They are barely above the jew in terms of money grubbing and selling out their country.
Look at her schnoz!

Please. The cost of living here is outrageous, fucking muppet.

because of decades of unchecked immigration and "good times" fueled by der boomer

So Don and wife are sucking money from young whites and funneling that money into a foreign country. Fuck Don and his wife. I hope the natives skin them alive.

Boomers as a generation have zero sense of reality. I mean even leftist faggots know the systems fucked against youth but, they came to retarded conclusion ignoring the jew telling them "how to fix it" for the jews even more so.

We should learn from boomers, we need to regroup in Ecuador

If anything ever happened to that pension they would be instantly deported or killed by the locals. Right now they are just some dumb gringos being milked for their neetbux.

Only if you live in coastal states and/or cities. The problem isn't so much the prices of everything in the US, it's that wages are low because we have millions upon millions of shitskins that work for nothing off the books. It's simple supply and demand, we have an oversupply of workers and a low demand for jobs, all the shitskins that work for pennies on the dollar get jobs easier than White Americans that are required to be paid minimum wage.

Don't believe me? When's the last time you saw a "help wanted" sign? I've never seen one in my life, frankly. And most people will apply for a dozen jobs before being given an opportunity, because no one wants to hire people that legally have to be paid more than the immigrants, legal or otherwise.

White westerners get kidnapped in those countries and traded for ransom money. It's only a matter of time…

Yes step into a kitchen and you'll see it's full of shitskins. They just keep them out of sight in backrooms. Whites avoid public places like malls now and shop in the grocery stores in the suburbs or exurbs. Everyone is sheltered, getting their view of the outside world from the internet while they take a car between work and their home away from all the divershitty. They think it will never happen where they are from, because they have the memory of a goldfish. When they get a moment of mental clarity they push it to the back of their mind with distractions of netflix soap operas, IPA, and food.

Attached: gameofthrones.jpg (780x676, 79.6K)

this, they are mudshit target #1 in SHTF

What in the goddam does this even mean?

Waste of a thread.
Local fauna will either rape and kill them or else they'll reveal themselves with their (((dual citizenships))) and will be cleaned up in the global parasite purge.

Daily reminder that "boomers" aka the "flower power" generation were a bunch of lazy drug addled communists.

throw them off a cliff then

She's a brat and her hubby's a cuck zogbot, so she has never lived anything but the most sheltered life one can. Granted, even places like Anatolia have gotten more dangerous for NATO people, at least they were in the 90s, but in her day Americans were safe almost anywhere not stupidly remote. She can fuck off with her kids meal adventures.

And flying back to Canada with a few keys every so often for that free hip operation really pays well.

The boomers were the only ones out their marching against immigration.

Daily Reminder White Nationalism, it's a disease spread by Jews to exterminate Whites

Every time Whites tried to create a defense against mass immigration(Minutemen), Affirmative Action, Academic discrimination, etc., the White Nationalists would show up with muh 'niggers, kikes, hitler..' and poison any effort by Whites for the Jews. Then the White Nationalists would create fake organization to entrap Whites to push their mental illness on them. So when an innocent White showed up at the 'AmericansAgainstImmigration' meeting they were met with retards chanting about 'niggers, kikes, hitler, identity'. Charlottesville was a massive win for the Jews thanks to White Nationalists.

You always post the same but never offer a solution, that's destructive criticism and is pointless.
Could you explain what would be the right approach to solve our issues?

Sure, my prediction = BTFO in 18 months. It's probably an open hippie marriage, so the locals don't have to "technically" rape them at the moment… but they will eventually brutally murder them & take their stuff.

The boomers were the only ones marching for affirmative action, aka demand the government discriminate against whites.
The boomers were the only ones marching for micegenation.

You are a faggot, you are a cock in mouth faggot

She died of a heart attack and her mother confirmed this on air. The whole thing was made up. Failure to shill the truth caused the narrative to be lost.

Well, at least she's not speaking German thanks to him. Worth it.

dude they are living in some shitty eco village in the jungle with no electricity.

I don't envy them one bit.

I'd much rather live in America or some modern country. Boomers are fucking braindead

fuck, i actually lived in an eco-village in a 3rd world country also. It's a shithole. I realized how stupid it was and came back to civilization.

Fucking retards live like that. I enjoy electricity and A/C and running water and indoor toilets.

I can't afford to get there. I'm not a beaner built to walk thousands of miles.

Let us not forget the jew will always compensate for raised wages with increased prices on goods etc. They will never cut into their profit.

THE BOOMER CRIES OUT IN "LIFT YOURSELF UP BY YOUR BOOTSTRAPS KID" AS HE LOWERS YOUR SALARY TO SUPPORT HIS 5TH PENSION

This Jew again. They have to be paying you, for you to come back this often and get laughed at every single time.

The alt-kikes are hardly white nationalists and all they did was "protest" just like boomers. That is not a defense. A true defense is aggressiveness. kys pussy.

No it isn't, it's cheap as fuck

Think about this:
This bitch graduated high school, marries her high school sweetheart since theres no internet telling her she can do better 1000x's a day, raises kids, gets a job to pass the time, sells her house that her and her husband afforded on his single income as a mailman, grows old….

and as a thank you takes her money and leaves!

what about it?

English, do you fucking stormfags speak it?

Rock on, Ecuador! Score one for globalization and cultural exchange. They’ll tell the world how great America is.

ROOTLESS
Buy property!
Sell it for profit!
Leave nothing to your heirs!
Land is an investment!

gross

Prostitution Legal, Retired Military Husband, ;)
What are the Odds…

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (260x300, 197.05K)

Those quirky boomers are so deep and spiritual. Definitely not nihilistic consumer drones sucking the life blood out of the planet and leaving a dry corpse behind for their progeny

Attached: 1546251689111.jpg (926x1632, 157.86K)

fixing10