Hackers breach FSB contractor, expose Tor deanonymization,etc

Hackers have breached SyTech, a contractor for FSB, Russia's national intelligence service, from where they stole information about internal projects the company was working on behalf of the agency – including one for deanonymizing Tor traffic.

The breach took place last weekend, on July 13, when a group of hackers going by the name of 0v1ru$ hacked into SyTech's Active Directory server from where they gained access to the company's entire IT network, including a JIRA instance.

Hackers stole 7.5TB of data from the contractor's network, and they defaced the company's website with a "yoba face," an emoji popular with Russian users that stands for "trolling."

Hackers posted screenshots of the company's servers on Twitter and later shared the stolen data with Digital Revolution, another hacking group who last year breached Quantum, another FSB contractor.

FSB's secret projects

Per the different reports in Russian media, the files indicate that SyTech had worked since 2009 on a multitude of projects since 2009 for FSB unit 71330 and for fellow contractor Quantum. Projects include:

Nautilus - a project for collecting data about social media users (such as Facebook, MySpace, and LinkedIn).
Nautilus-S - a project for deanonymizing Tor traffic with the help of rogue Tor servers.
Reward - a project to covertly penetrate P2P networks, like the one used for torrents.
Mentor - a project to monitor and search email communications on the servers of Russian companies.
Hope - a project to investigate the topology of the Russian internet and how it connects to other countries' network.
Tax-3 - a project for the creation of a closed intranet to store the information of highly-sensitive state figures, judges, and local administration officials, separate from the rest of the state's IT networks.

BBC Russia, who received the full trove of documents, claims there were other older projects for researching other network protocols such as Jabber (instant messaging), ED2K (eDonkey), and OpenFT (enterprise file transfer).

Other files posted on the Digital Revolution Twitter account claimed that the FSB was also tracking students and pensioners.
Some projects came to be, were tested

But while most of the projects look to be just research into modern technology – which all intelligence services carry out – there are two that appear to have been tested in the real world.

The first was Nautilus-S, the one for deanonymizing Tor traffic. BBC Russia pointed out that work on Nautilus-S started in 2012. Two years later, in 2014, academics from Karlstad University in Sweden, published a paper detailing the use of hostile Tor exit nodes that were attempting to decrypt Tor traffic.

Researchers identified 25 malicious servers, 18 of which were located in Russia, and running Tor version 0.2.2.37, the same one detailed in the leaked files.

The second project is Hope, the one which analyzed the structure and make-up of the Russian segment of the internet.

Earlier this year, Russia ran tests during which it disconnected its national segment from the rest of the internet.

SyTech, the hacked company, has taken down its website since the hack and refused media inquiries.

Attached: sytech-dr.png (370x453, 131.23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

zdnet.com/article/hackers-breach-fsb-contractor-expose-tor-deanonymization-project/
nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2015/06/25/can-you-trust-tors-exit-nodes/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Kill yourself

zdnet.com/article/hackers-breach-fsb-contractor-expose-tor-deanonymization-project/

some fuck faces just like to complain

makes them feel less powerless

Attached: Capture.JPG (476x820, 77.13K)

Torniggers BTFO

oh wow you mean the thing that promised to keep radical views anonymous was really a honeypot? oh wow!

Some projects came to be, were tested

But while most of the projects look to be just research into modern technology – which all intelligence services carry out – there are two that appear to have been tested in the real world.

The first was Nautilus-S, the one for deanonymizing Tor traffic. BBC Russia pointed out that work on Nautilus-S started in 2012. Two years later, in 2014, academics from Karlstad University in Sweden, published a paper detailing the use of hostile Tor exit nodes that were attempting to decrypt Tor traffic.

Researchers identified 25 malicious servers, 18 of which were located in Russia, and running Tor version 0.2.2.37, the same one detailed in the leaked files.

honeypot isn't the same as an attack on the basic function of a service. Have you even hacked anything, ever? Shut the fuck up.

In other words, old news about a failed attempt. Think about it (I know it's hard), why would Russia ban Tor if they were able to successfully attack it?

consequences will never be the sheme

Attached: yoba.jpeg (474x472, 32.67K)

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: khjmnjfi769uijbt7i.gif (1280x720 148.58 KB, 301.54K)

No shit. Thats why you stay on .onion
nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2015/06/25/can-you-trust-tors-exit-nodes/

NIGGERS INVENTED HACKING

FInally someone tell sthe truth on Zig Forums.

Where can I learn to hack like them?

I'm basically a larper for now can just do DDOS and SQL injections…

install gentoo

How about you stop being a bitch and learn to make a proper thread, nigger.

^this
it's dumb to think "hurr durr duh torz is comprization!"
it still operates e2e encrypted so it would take more processing power than anyone without direct access to the powergrid and a refrigerated facility could ever assemble.
Tor is just lazy (yet effective) and slow. It's more pain than it's worth, unless it's not, then it's cool to have access to.

no, you
vpntorproxychainsfag

dat bitch ass firewall aint shit for ReeRee!

Attached: niggerhacking.jpeg (474x310, 27.91K)

konpile you mean

BOP BOP BOP

these
/thread

Attached: giphy(3).gif (400x302, 277.12K)

Attached: cover.png (500x500, 505.92K)

ahahahahah now it makes sense why so many (((anons))) were pushing for use of (((TOR))) and not using VPNs.
Yes I know, a lot of VPN services are cucked. Not all though, just read the contract you're signing.

sage for double post
How is that even a thing? P2P networks are;
- not hard to join the private ones, just keep a positive U:D ratio
- not private in most instances
They need a government project to analyze something that can be done from a home computer?

How dare you say these awful antisemitic things and take away the Jewish people's, God's chosen people's, single greatest stolen accomplishment of inventing hacking of the computers of which we also invented and give it to the lowly blacks!? To the Super Maximum Ass Rape Torture Gulag for you goy… But all can be forgiven for 9 shekels and a PP touch, do we have a deal? Shalom.

Pretty sure it's just another way to trick the policy makers with scare tactics. jews are "at the center of modern technology" which means they need to justify their 10 million jewbucks a day from teh USA (7 grand a minute?) and constantly come up with bullshit that anyone with a high school MSDOS level of understanding can see through in order to get their justification.
in other words, politicians are dipshits and easily manipulated with a few jewbucks and something that sounds cool.

Compared to the CIA leaks this is kiddie crap to be honest.

It's the same thing as when FaceBook totally gets hacked.
Or Target gets hacked.
Or CitiBank gets hacked.
NONE of them are hacked. It's them giving out the goyim's information to more easily steal/sell information.

This is a daily reminder putin is responsible for the shitskin flood into the eu and us. Zig Forums is dead. Russians took the board over in March. There are no anons left.

No nigger. It's the US and the EU's fault. All at the behest of israel.
Gaddafi LITERALLY predicted and spelled out this flood if the US/EU were to remove him.

shut the fuck up CNN nigger

Attached: glowinthedarkcianigger.jpeg (480x464, 139.1K)

are you going to oops and include this post in your next search warrant app, mr notFBI

based Rusky hackers. 1337 aftbhfam.

Try harder sergey

I thought it was cute how the fbiniggers won't type nigger.
in minecraft

I literally said it wasn't Russia you autistic kike.

"shut the fuck up CNN nigger"

lols

The hacks only work by entry/exit traffic correlation.
The .onion leaks server identity/location.
User traffic is fine.

Not for sale.

btw all fbeeeeerefefevevefeefeggtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgerghwervygqwefgyqwvryhabnz mn zmhdb JHFEECAWEFZQEX册封为vfvfeverer无法无法阿法

Still not for sale :^)

Jewtin banned TOR? What a jew.

Because they know what Tor actually is.

No member nation of (((NATO))) would/could do this. All they can do is whine about racism and LGBQL rights.

I don't give a shit about your idea of what a proper thread is, fuck face.
Now open your mouth and let me fuck your face…fuck face

I bet US spooks have a lot more exit nodes than this.
They don't make any arrests for the CP, because they are after terrorists and don't want to show their hand

Tor is (blank)?

fuck that first pic of yours

It's hard to believe anything in the age of false flags and manufactured news.

Well, the internet topology is kind of nice because everybody else is doing it.

(((hackers)))

using tor on clearnet and thinking you are anonymous is a just a little bit naive. all tor does is partially limit the amount of people that have access to your data.

Meaning they failed since TOR is now banned in Russia.

No one has ever said to not use a vpn with TOR. Stop spreading bullshit. Anons have always said to boot Tails through a VM and use TOR+VPN for more secure browsing. God damn, if you're gonna act like a nigger ten go do it elsewhere.

I'VE BEEN TELLING YOU NIGGERS FOR YEARS THAT TOR WAS COMPROMISED AND YOU DIDN'T BELIEVE ME
WHO'S LAUGHING NOW, TOR SHILLS?

fpbp

No one ever said using exit nodes was safe. In fact there are lists of known compromised ones going back years. If you use TOR as a ghetto vpn to browse normienet your going to get v&. Stick with .onion sites only and it is much safer.

If TOR is breached how come you can still buy drugs without being v&

I've been telling the torpedoes their shit has been compromised for years. Feels good being right

Attached: CXAxEgjWMAACIRw.png (717x505, 673.2K)

It's almost as if the government wants people to abuse drugs…

This isn't 4chan.
We expect a link in the op.

Attached: aiportraits_1563605059.jpg (512x512, 14.95K)

I miss hard disk chirps. My PS/2 used to have that. With SSDs now all I hear are fans.

bump

the mods deleted this thread previously. unironically i believe russian intelligence controls Zig Forums.

links help bots. best not to use them now.