Dr. Who

Zig Forums had a Dr. Who thread a while ago. Why don't we as well?
Here's an article from the online edn. of the Morning Star (Britain's communist daily newspaper) to start the ball rolling :
morningstaronline.co.uk/article/f/dr-who-leftist
Personally I thought after the Tom Baker period ithe programme would never recover
The stories in the late 70's were directed by Philip Hinchcliffe who had a great horror sensibility,but after campaigns by The Viewers and Listeners Association, a group run by a conservative Christian called Mary Whitehouse, it was all toned down, got boring and was decommissioned eventually.
But the last two Doctors, Peter Capaldi and Jodie Whittaker, have been pretty good. (I watched the latter with a certain amount of frisson as she looks like a Hungarian - Australian hooker I used to see in Earls Court, London.)
What are your favourite stories from the various eras and why? Mine are:

William Hartnell
The Tenth Planet
Cybermen point out with some justification the hypocrisy of mankind opposed to being in thrall to Cybermen given already existing war, starvation, ecc. under the existing human run system.

Partick Troughton
The Web of Fear
Robot yetis in the underground

John Pertwee
Inferno
Explores the idea of a parallel universe, with Brig. Lethbridge - Stewart as a fascist officer.

Tom Baker
Horror of Fang Rock
An underrated story.Set on a foggy lighthouse, it has a nice claustrophobic feel. One of the characters is a porky who despite the alien threat is concerned with getting through to his broker on the stock exchange to complete a trade.

Peter Capaldi
Empress of Mars
Ice Warriors vs. British colonialism

Jodie Whittaker
The Ghost Monument
The Tardis crew get sidetracked into a death race on a hostile planet, organised for big money and motivated by the entrants need to escape bad situations.

Attached: 250px-Doctor_Who_Series_10_Episode_9_Empress_of_Mars-1.jpg (250x167, 12.25K)

Ah, the first reply to the post!
Marvellous!

And that's a good thing!

Back to whatever shitty Zig Forums board you came from rightoid faggot

Incel tier.
Don't sage your own thread if your thirsty for bumps nigger.

This is a Star Trek board.

Attached: picard_huh.png (1200x680, 1.84M)

I'm not OP though

Based then.

At this point we just need some good old Baneposting and it'll be a full /tv/ thread.

Attached: Terrifying presence crashing this planewith no survivors _97cfac6da90003406be80610aa424cd4.png (1280x715, 626.16K)

That's a crying shame!

Warrior of the Sevateem detected

Attached: FinishedHastyConey-size_restricted.gif (455x262, 3.89M)

As in… How Doctor Who portrays Leftist ideas or how it doesn't/straw mans them? Or do you just wanna talk about a television show? This isn't /b/.

I was thinking more about what there is to say about the various stories, from a leftist perspective.
I think the programme at least originally had more of a liberal ethos, from Reithian paternalism, in particular to do with educating the public about history, rather than a leftist agenda.

Maybe we"ll get attract new people to the board, and dilute the concentration of NazBols ecc

I haven't watched it in a long time, but when I left during the Moffat run it always read like capeshit ported to scifi, particularly the Doctor's no killing and staunch opposition to violence. Thus the same problems integral to capeshit occur, critiscms of our society are allowed but attempting to address them beyond oratory are painted as misguided at best. Given that it is a children's show despite the large number of adult fans, I believe this is intentional to influence opinions regarding rebellion.

Star Trek also has better aliens and the Tardis is dumb.
Zig Forums is dying and the problem with the NazBols isn't their concentration, it's their autism and tendency to post in much more volume than other anons.

Attached: 8a800caba1b57bebe9da64743400280a5161bd34b445c2ad44fda420d9207005.png (1262x1295, 399.9K)

Never watched much of it, but Dr. Who always felt too silly to take seriously, but took itself too seriously to be silly. Its greatest credit goes to its fans creating far superior artifacts of British popculture (H²G², Red Dwarf, Discworld), even if fans seizing hold of Dr. Who itself (Steven Moffat onward) created only a hideous death spiral of circlejerking (a fate other fandoms have been talented enough to avoid).

This, based and FALC-pilled.

Attached: the-orville-1280-1504819565570_1280w.jpg (1280x720, 256.13K)

HAPAS ARE SUPERIOR TO WHITES