KANSAS TO AUDIT WATER PARK WHERE BOY DECAPITATED

apnewsarchive.com/2018/Three-people-have-been-indicted-in-the-death-of-a-10-year-old-Kansas-boy-on-what-was-promoted-as-the-world-s-largest-waterslide-/id-41e6bb47213d4e25801b3137630f3fa5

A Kansas agency plans to conduct a full audit of a water park's inspection records before it reopens this spring, a state official said Wednesday, after criminal charges were filed over the decapitation of a 10-year-old boy on the world's tallest waterslide there in 2016.

The state Department of Labor said it will review reports from daily inspections of rides by park staff at the Schlitterbahn park in Kansas City, Kansas, before it is scheduled to reopen May 25 for its annual season. A state law enacted last year after Caleb Schwab's death requires amusement parks to keep daily reports on their rides and to give them annual inspections.

A grand jury has issued indictments with multiple criminal charges against the park; the construction company that built the giant waterslide; former park operations director Tyler Austin Miles; the ride's co-designer, John Timothy Schooley, and a co-owner of Schlitterbahn Waterparks and Resorts, Jeffrey Wayne Henry.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 8.59.09 AM.png (586x345, 440.21K)

I don't think they should get murder charges. Definitely should be charged with something though. And pay that boys family a lot of money.

Buy the ticket, You get the ride.

How many people didn't get capitated?

Sorry but the boy violated their rules for the ride. You should always assume risk when riding a ride. Plus how many people have been on the ride and came out fine? Sorry but the whole case should be dropped and the lawsuit thrown out.

the fattie that was on the tube with him that got him decapitated should be arrested and subject to public humiliation and execution by water slide decapitation

His parents should be subject to public humiliation

What did he do? The article only states the raft went airborne and hit an overhead loop.

went airborne and hit an overhead loop

Whats with the "bigger and taller more extreme mentality"?

I don't see any meaning in auditing the inspection records. The basic fact is that the ride is so fast that even a tiny collision would be deadly. The only way to head off another disaster is to lower the ride.

There are specific rules to designing rides so the physics always keep you locked to the track. The g-forces have to be at gravity level or above, and are never supposed to go negative.

If inspection found out that there were negative g-forces in the ride and they ignored it, and audit would be able to find that data and prove that the park knew all along.

Maybe naming the ride, The Decapitator, in hindsight, was an error.

He must be light enough not to put the weight on the raft. A lot of people went on the ride and didn't get capitated.

Attached: Maybe the safety belt is faulty - Copy.PNG (689x675, 47.73K)

It's extremely weird as murder requires them to have planned it out. Aforethought something something, additionally there needs to be malice proven. And not just planned for someone to die, but specifically that boy. This is retarded.

Attached: Boy did not follow the rule and it killed him - Copy.PNG (801x464, 52.25K)

He is the son of a lawmaker so he might be involved in this legal matters.

I hope it was the "Hope you live!" kid that died in a supreme twist of irony.

Yeah. I caught that too and chuckled audibly.

I didn't get it.

bump