Why Johnny Can't Read Analog Clocks

The UK has an innovative idea to solve analog clock illiteracy in schools. Just chuck the analog clocks and switch to digital. Evidently, it's that big of a hassle to explain how "the big hand is for minutes and the little hand is for hours" or maybe it's the finer points of multiplying by 5 in order to get the proper minute, either way British teachers have had enough of trying to teach how they work apparently.

And this isn't just going on in the United Kingdom either. Some US schools are deciding to do the same. The fear is that children who don't know how to read an analog clock won't know how much time they have left on timed tests. Once again, an obvious (though obviously not the simplest) solution would be teach the kids how to read.

In Texas in the Allen, Frisco and Plano independent school districts however, children are required to learn how to read analog clocks as a requirement. In fact, it's part of the statewide Texas Essential Knowledge Skills Standard. And honestly, knowing how to read a clock is a fairly essential skill. Texas kids are required by first-grade to learn how to tell time on both analog and digital devices. That said, if you can't read a digital clock, there are probably other issues at hand.

thegoldwater.com/news/25321-Why-Johnny-Can-t-Read-Analog-Clocks

Attached: screenshot2.png (583x438, 27.75K)

I remember in elementary school getting a few lessons in how to read a clock, including a test or two about it. It's all a failure of the education system.

Wait what the fuck, I've never even thought to multiply the numbers by five, I've always just kinda knew where each increment of 15 was and moved 5-10 over. Christ.

Attached: 4566654.jpg (586x578, 40.32K)

These kids will fail to assemble IKEA furniture because they can't figure out which way is clockwise to tighten the screws properly.

This is the generation of our future. The Second Dark Ages, is what I see.

das a swee rollesk dew

fugg me too though most analogs you see or wear only have the ticks anyway

Attached: 55ace6901be9cecff90d48e2037651dbf0dce780033027f1b49774832b1243d8.jpg (480x720, 87.32K)

What the fuck is wrong with kids these days?

Attached: thomas sowell johnny cant think.jpg (480x480, 51.71K)

Its the same reason no one but hobbyists can read a sundial at a glance. Its outdated, a more efficient way has come along and now analog clocks are being phased out. This is just another "The kids are NOT alright" piece that really says nothing at all when you think about it for more than 2 seconds.

Only a retard would need to multiply by five.
It is like singing a song to remember how to tie up your shoelaces.

what time i sit now you stupid faggot?
huh? whats that?
you dont know because there arent any numbers for you to multiply by 5
dont pretend otherwise faggot i know you cant tell the time because its literally impossible

Attached: Untitled.png (797x540, 14.4K)

What is 'divide' I'm kinda confused by all this

Attached: PicsArt_05-07-11.01.18.jpg (1000x611, 67.38K)

oh boy another moral panic
oh boy the piss water

I personally think thisis because their big bong isnt bonging anymore, and its messing with the bong-o-clock system they need to tell time.

cant have bongs when the bongs are sitting a test it distracts the bongs when the bongs bong

Same here. It's a just fucking clock for crying out loud, if you cannot learn how to read it in like an hour or so as a teenager you might have a legitimate mental issue.

I thought about it and I think divide means sucking massive cock which, like OP, I enjoy doing.

Yes, but they must be immediately deleted. Jim has fucking had it with both Johnny Neptune and "Sissyboy Sassypants" (who spends all day pushing Andrew's buttons, making him sperg out even more). Jim also knows that the vast majority of his userbase does not have the attention-span of a goldfish, so deleting posts that stray too far from the narrative seems sensible. It almost seems like desperation though. Damage-control. I think it's about time I bow out. I'll leave you with Neptune and the halfchan rejects. My work here on 8ch is done. Everything of value on this site has long since disappeared. Enjoy the hell you have created for yourselves. I'm outta here.
t. the man Johnny Neptune calls Sissyboy Sassypants.
Also, I am enjoying the fact that Andrew McGovern will soon have to find something else to occupy his time.
There is more than one way to skin a cat!

Attached: 523df2d20a89f86c694ef2548f731e5b7c3178cf8ef1c3ce02598c7b295b1945.png (1020x971 154.43 KB, 123.45K)

Just go to a different board lol

But Johnny Neptune works for Jim and has full authority to flip Jim a lot of pig-shit along the way. Controlled opposition, as it were.
(You), on the other hand have no authority. You are a peon, posting as "Anonymous". Learn your place.

Attached: 89144a4b12c445110896bf7f497623e79df865ac9b575797505eb92148198c17.jpg (1280x800, 279.46K)

Probably best we all do at this point.

(You)
(You)

Post examples.

>>>/v/
>>>/tv/
Both of those are better than this shit board, even if /tv/ is mostly waifu obsessed fags.

Big if true and unsurprising too, but proofs?

ah you faggot that's just mean
those (You)s had me excited

Guess it doesn't take much to get (You) excited. Have another.

You don't need to know 'clockwise'. All you need to know is 'lefty - loosey, righty- tighty'.
When they don't know right from left, then you've got a problem

ur mom is cockwise fag

but johnny knows that white people invented slavery, I bet.

I'm a nigger fag tbh

Jews aint white

more like forrest because youre retarded haha