Inventor says Google is patenting work he put in the public domain

When Jarek Duda invented an important new compression technique called asymmetric numeral systems (ANS) a few years ago, he wanted to make sure it would be available for anyone to use. So instead of seeking patents on the technique, he dedicated it to the public domain. Since 2014, Facebook, Apple, and Google have all created software based on Duda's breakthrough.

But now Google is seeking a patent that would give it broad rights over the use of ANS for video compression. And Duda, a computer scientist at Jagiellonian University in Poland, isn't happy about it.

arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2018/06/inventor-says-google-is-patenting-work-he-put-in-the-public-domain/

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-06-12 at 9.01.32 AM.png (775x615, 793.96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alphabet_agencies
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

would it be appropriate to call the non-emergency number of the police and get google, facebook, apple, (prism) arrested?

nigga looks like a man-baby

don't be evil

Attached: ed2.png (680x1483, 180.24K)

great comment, uboated xdddD

fucking faggot.

The year is 2070,
Google has launched a swarm of cybernetic brains, branded as PATCORP.

You visit their website, PATCORP.mil
You are brought to what is a mostly empty page, except for the following text:

ORIGINAL IDEA
DO NOT STEAL

As you stare at the page, two colorful appendages begin to seep out from the edges of the screen. Slowly, they move towards your head. They take rest against your temporal bones; two cold, metal, snake-like forms.

They take direction towards the openings in your ears.
Suddenly, you black out.

As you awaken, you seem forgetful…unable to recall what has happened, or anything else for that matter. You wonder if perhaps your memory has been wiped.

As you approach the desk you are greeted by a stack of paper.
You pick up the top sheet and skim over it. It's a patent request form. Another patent request form, and another.
All of them, patent requests.

You browse through the pile some more, and start to feel a sense of deja vu.
I've just been in this place before.

Higher on the street.
And I know it's my time to go.

Calling you, and the search is a mystery.

Standing on my feet.
It's so hard when I try to be me, wooooah!

Attached: PATCORP.PNG (775x876, 335.15K)

This is how 100% no exageration, 100% of inventions jews have claimed happen.

Better version:

The year is 2070,
Google has launched a swarm of cybernetic brains, branded as PATCORP.

You visit their website, PATCORP.mil, and are brought to what is a mostly empty page with two lines of text in the middle:

ORIGINAL IDEA
DO NOT STEAL

As you stare at the page, two colorful appendages begin to seep out from the edges of the screen. Slowly, they move towards your head and take rest against your temporal bones; two cold, metal, snake-like forms.

You feel them move towrads the openings in your ears.
Suddenly, you black out.

-

You awaken, but seem forgetful.. unable to recall what has happened, or anything else for that matter. You wonder if perhaps your memory has been wiped.

You approach the desk and are greeted by a stack of paper.
Picking up the top sheet, you skim over it. It's a patent request form. Another patent request form, and another.
All of them, patent requests.

After browsing through the pile some more, you start to feel a sense of deja vu.
I've just been in this place before.

Higher on the street.
And I know it's my time to go.

Calling you, and the search is a mystery.

Standing on my feet.
It's so hard when I try to be me, wooooah!

Google is now Alphabet actually
Alphabet agencies are en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alphabet_agencies
huh

GUESS HE SHOULDA JUST PATENTED IT HIMSELF AND GAVE IT AWAY FOR PENNIES

gee whiz, what does google and einstein have in common?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 143.88K)

He doesn't have to patent it, only prove that he invented it earlier. You can't patent something that already exists.

Nails had existed for years, yet someone patented it in the 1800's regardless. People cheating the law will never stop.

I've seen the US patent office grant patents when identical ones are still valid. They're corrupt and incompetent.

so much for that "don't be evil" shit. they should probably start doing the opposite of what they think is evil, considering their behavior of late.

I can't read much of the text. Is there a larger version by any chance?

confirmed. the tech gods stole my app ideas too

you know they dropped that ages ago, right?

New google motto: Just be evil.

I couldn't find a high resolution image, hopefully this will do. I assume the middle section is readable?

Left side (red box):
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hides your sources" – Albert Einstein

"All this was maintained by Poincare and others long before the time of Einstein and one does injustice to the truth in ascribing the discovery to him" – Charles Nordmann

"In the interest of history, I want yet to add, that the transformation which play the main role in the principle of relativity were first mathematically formulated by Voigt, in the year 1887." – Hermann
Minkowski
"H. A. Lorentz has found out the 'Relativity theorem' and has created the Relativity-postulate as a hypothesis that (indistinguishable) suffer contractions in consequence of their motion according to a certain law." – Hermann Minkowski

Right side (red text):
"Although generally associated with the names of Einstein and Minkowski, the really essential physical considerations underlying the theories are due to Larmor and Lorentz" – Alfred Arthur Robb

"Einstein's explanation is a dimensional disguise for Lorentz's. . . Thus Einstein's theory is not a denial of, or an alternative for, that of Lorentz. It is only a duplicate and disguise for it. . . Einstein continually maintains that the theory of Lorentz is right, only he disagrees with his 'interpretation.' It is not clear, therefore, that in this, as in other cases, Einstein's theory is merely a disguise for Lorentz's, the apparent disagreement about 'interpretation' being a matter f words only?" – James Mackaye

"Einstein published a paper which set forth the relativity theory of Poincare and Lorentz with some amplifications, and which attracted much attention." Sir Edmund Whittaker

"Many of you have looked upon [Einstein's] paper 'Zur Elektrodynamik bewegeter Korper' in Annalen der Physik. . . and you will have noticed some peculiarities. The striking point is that it contains not a single reference to previous literature. It gives you the impression of quite a new venture. But that is, of course, as I have tried to explain, not true." – Max Born

"In point of fact, therefore, Poincare was not only the first to enunciate the principle, but he also discovered in Lorentz's work the necessary mathmatical formulation of the principle. All this happened before Einstein's paper appeared." – G. K. Keswani

google has been full of CIANIGGERS since before it even started this comes as no surprise. Eric Schmidt has plenty of ties to alphabet agencies. the name ALPHABET also comes as no surprise.

it's "do the right thing" now
they changed it in 2017