McDonald's to ditch plastic straws

McDonald's will replace plastic straws with paper ones in all its UK and Ireland restaurants, starting from September.

It is the latest company to opt out of some single-use plastic products which can take hundreds of years to decompose if not recycled.

The restaurant chain uses 1.8 million straws a day in the UK.

"Reflecting the broader public debate, our customers told us they wanted to see a move on straws," the firm said.

This decision follows a successful trial in selected restaurants earlier this year. The move to paper straws will be completed next year.

bbc.com/news/uk-44492352

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-06-16 at 7.46.21 AM.png (618x364, 312.26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dictionary.com/browse/leach?s=t
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is this going to be like paper cups where the plastic lining make them not recyclable anyway?

Do the paper cups have a plastic lining? I always thought it was wax.

Most cups have a polyethylene coating on the inside. The paper breaks down in a few months, the rest becomes microplastic to leach into a river.

Newer cups coated with polylactide (PLA) degrade in about a year. But they're half a cent more expensive and aren't used.

And this is why human beings are garbage.

but at least we are Biodegradable.

failed state failed state failed state failed state

Depends what surgery you got and what jobs you had in your life. Might as well turn you into hazardous material.

Good

Google words you don't know before you try to spell them, Cletus

It's almost as if they are required to by law to syop using plastic straws. Nice corporate propaganda you got there.

We call it unwanted material now. New guidelines.

dictionary.com/browse/leach?s=t

Time to kill yourself. lol

I take it the R-E-C-Y-C-L-E RECYCLE!!! bullshit they've been selling for decades isn't working?

rekt tbh

Just when you think the UK can't fall any further…

shaddup, I want to feel good, that's whats important

REKT

How about they ditch diabetes instead?

Plastic straws can be melted down and reforged into sharp blades, and then tied to wooden broom handles, and made into ultra-sharp pikes. Gotta be careful, so McDonalds Corporation is doing the right thing.

Is this a joke post or unironic?

I bet you are 500 pounds

Nigger.

jews arent human beings

the straws turning the frogs gay