The AR-15s will be secured in the group's vehicles within new locked boxes so they can be readily available at a moments notice. Police Commissioner Chris Dawson confirmed the department expects to complete the training and equipping of the AR-15s by the end of September. Dawson said, "I’ve personally seen the training underway and I’ve seen the fitout that has occurred with our mobile vehicles. I’m very pleased with the progress they’re making, so having spoken to both the trainers and those officers in the regional operations group and our tactical response group who are working very closely together on this, our milestone for September … is on target."
Australia - Perth Cops To Be Armed With AR-15's To Combat "Active Shooter" Attacks
what the fuck is going on in Western Australia ?
Hard to know, the WA cops have taken a battering even from mainstream media, framing people, bribes ? Now they're handing them AR15s ? They need to make up their minds
Great, we're not allowed to carry butter knives and the cops have AR-15s now. Surely this will save us all from future Aloha Snackbar attacks.
I thought Asstralia didn't have mass shootings?
No that's what they tell Americans so that they will give up their guns. Australia has huge problems with gun violence because that's what fucking happens when you disarm fucking everybody.
Looks like the mass gun confiscation and draconian controls brought in following the Port Arthur psyopmass shooting didn't work to provide a safe and massacre free society after all.
Port Arthur is worth looking up, as it's before the time of most of you here. Again, an alleged shooting committed by a mental defective, in highly dubious circumstances, in the middle of nowhere and far away from prying eyes.
Another interesting fact: it happened a mere month after the Dunblane psyop massacre in the UK, which was used to foment an almost identical, albeit more stringent gun ban there. Again, in a village, in the middle of nowhere, away from prying eyes. Funny how these things always seem to happen in areas with the lowest population densities (but not as low as to make the alleged number of victims incredible.)
Alleged Port Arthur shooter Martin Bryant was a docile man of low intelligence who lived through a private income.
I went down a rabbit hole on looking at statistic from the Austrailian gov site.
It appears that gun violence has gone down and the buy back from 1996 actually had some affect on gun massacres in the country (not one has happened since the buy back till present), though it only really appears to have affected that as apposed to actual homicide statistics. Gun bans don't seem to have affected homicide rates at all, it just seems to be the country itself becoming less violent.
Homicides have been going down heavily over the last decade but I think we can say that for most 1st world countries (quote me if I'm wrong). You could easily make assumptions based on the charts that if there are more strict gun bans then gun violence goes down with it. You could also say that if you don't have a pool in your backyard then your chances of drowning go down as well.
I'm happy to see violence go down in that county though I bout these statics can show the full colors of how a gun ban has affected law abiding citizens. Being able to protect yourself from an oppressive government is the truth that we should all agree on. Now that Australia is arming their cops for what APPEARS to be to combat gun violence is upsetting, and nothing more than another power leap for the goverment to oppress their people more.
Here is another stat I found while browsing FaceCheck
Meant to put FactCheck for the link at the bottom, not FaceCheck. XD
1. On the Sunday morning, two hours before the murders, ten of the senior managers of Port Arthur were taken to safety many miles away up the east coast,for a two day seminar with a vague agenda and no visiting speakers. Was the timing of this trip a mere coincidence?
2. Also just before the shootings the only two policemen in the region were called away on a wild goose chase. They were sent to the Coal Mine at Salt Water River, to investigate a heroin drug stash which turned out to be soap powder. This was too far for them to get to the Broad Arrow Cafe in time to be of any use. Had a policeman remained at Dunalley he would have closed the swing bridge to prevent the killer(s) from escaping from the peninsula. Did Bryant, IQ 66, organise this decoy?
3. Big Mortuary Truck. Before the massacre, a specially-built 22 person capacity mortuary truck was built. It attracted some derision at the time, but its effective use at Port Arthur was unquestioned. After the massacre it was advertised, unsuccessfully, for sale via the internet, then converted for another purpose. Without the foresight of Port Arthur, why build it? When it had proven its worth, why get rid of it? Another coincidence?
4. Martin Bryant has never been properly identified as the gunman. A young woman who ate her lunch near the gunman just before 1.30 said he had a freckled face. Graham Collyer, the wounded ex-soldier, who had the best opportunity to observe the killer, said he had a pock-marked or acned face. Neither description fits Bryant who has a beautifully smooth complexion. Graham Collyer says that it was not Bryant who shot him in the neck.
5. Illegal Photo. On 30th April the Hobart Mercury printed an old photo of Martin Bryant on the front page. This was illegal because at that stage some of the witnesses had not yet been asked to identify the killer, and the photo would have become fixed in the minds of the witnesses. When one witness was asked to describe the clothing worn by the gunman, she described the clothing on the old photo instead of what the gunman had worn. The Mercury newspaper was not prosecuted for breaking the law.
6. Mrs Wendy Scurr, nurse, tour guide and Ambulance Officer, rang the police at 1.32 pm to report the shooting. She and other medics then cared for the injured and the dead without any police protection for six and a half hours. Who ordered the armed police to stop at Tarana, where they had a barbecue? The police who arrived by boats were a stone's throw away from the main crime scene, the cafe, and they too failed to come in to see what was going on. Was this meant to increase the trauma of the survivors?
7. Three more shots were fired at Port Arthur at 6.30pm while Bryant was at Seascape. Who fired those shots?
8. Same Question - Different Answer. At a recent Forensics Seminar in Queensland where the Tasmanian Police forensic gun inspector, Gerard Dutton, gave a lecture, the first question came from Mr Ian McNiven. He asked if there was any empirical evidence to link Martin Bryant to the Broad Arrow Cafe. Sargent Dutton immediately closed the 15 minute question time and would not reply. When McNiven managed to say "I have here Graham Collyer's police statement…", Sgt Dutton threatened him with arrest and called for security agents to escort McNiven out of the building.
When Dutton was asked the same question in America by a Doctor at a seminar, he replied truthfully - "There is no empirical evidence to link Bryant to the cafe."
9. Yet a police video tape exists which proves that the police had an excellent opportunity to get DNA samples and finger prints of the gunman. The video briefly shows the blue sports bag on a cafe table. The gunman had carried his 3 rifles in this bag and left it right next to his drinking glass, his Solo soft drink can, knife, fork, plate, video cameras, etc. Why did the police fail to take DNA samples and finger prints?
10. According to the official story, Bryant first killed David and Sally Martin at Seascape Cottage in the morning, then went on to Port Arthur. Yet two policemen have reported seeing a naked woman with black hair, screaming and running from one building to another at Seascape well into the afternoon. If Sally Martin was dead, who was this woman?
11. Proof of other gunmen in Seascape Cottage. While Bryant was calmly talking to police by telephone in the cottage during the 'siege' and the conversation was recorded, someone else fired an SKK rifle 20 times. In the transcript the gunfire is recorded as 'coughs' but an electronic analysis of one of the 'coughs' shows that it was an SKK shot.
12. Two More Very Handy Seminars. On the Sunday morning, some 25 specialist doctors (Royal Australian College of Surgeons) from all over Australia had attended a training course in Hobart, and their last lecture was on Terrorist Attack and Gunshot Wounds. They stayed on to take care of the wounded victims.
13. Also, more than 700 reporters from 17 nations came to a seminar in Hobart. They were asked to arrive during the week-end as the seminar was due to begin early on Monday morning. How handy to have 700 scribblers churning out their anti-gun and disarmament propaganda to the whole world!
14. "There will never be uniform Gun Laws in Australia until we see a massacre somewhere in Tasmania" said Barry Unsworth, NSW Premier, December, 1987 at a conference in Hobart. Prophecy or Planning?
15. "If we don't get it right this time (gun laws) next time there is a massacre, and there will be, then they'll take all our guns off us", said the deputy prime minister, Tim Fischer in May 1996. Who is the "THEY" who would order the removal of our guns? Did Fischer let slip that gun confiscation has been ordered by someone other than our own leaders?
16. No Respect for the Law. Our laws demand that a Coronial Inquiry must take place (a) when foreign nationals are killed (b) when anyone dies in a fire. Prime Minister John Howard acted illegally when he ordered the Coronial Inquiry to be abandoned.
I was looking at the .gov site for Australia and they claimed that they didn't have any mass shootings after the 1996 buy back. I found that to be insane but I chose to take it with a grain of salt. Is there any way you can source any of the mass shootings that have taken place after 1996. Not trying call you out or anything I just want the truth of this to have a better understanding. If you can or if anyone can please tell me if this .gov site is reliable or not. crimestats.aic.gov.au
one or the other faggots
so we should disarm cops?
how do they deal with armed suspects?
they now have a massive problem with criminal gangs smuggling in automatic SMGs
Using Google, Bing, Murderpedia, Wikipedia's Massacres, terrorism, and familicide pages I was able to find 14 mass shootings since their 1996 National Firearms Agreement went into effect. All these shootings should have 4 or more victims in one setting, session, incident or incidents without the FBI's "cooling off period" in between. And you should all be able to find multiple sources if you Google or Bing them. Hopefully this can aid in correcting the misinformation that Australia went 22 years without a mass shooting before the Margaret River Murder Suicide.
The most amazing things I found out were:
#1 Australia had 15 mass shootings in the 22 years before, and then 21 after their 1996 laws.
#2 It does appear that mass shootings tend to be much less deadly since 1996.
#3 They've had 22 mass murders since, and had 22 before. The # of Mass murder incidents stayed the same
#4 The amount of arson & "gassing" mass murders more than made up for the less severe mass shootings since 1996.
#5 Drive by shootings which were were rare before their 1996 laws, are now fairly common.
#6 I did not count the incident where Australian police shot 4 people by accident in an effort to stop someone with a knife. Yes, 4 people were shot. But not on purpose. And there was no evidence that was the stabber's intention.
#7 I also did not count the Top End Shootings in 1987 or the Cangai Siege in 1993 that most journalists use to inflate the number of "before 1996" shootings. These shooters had 5 days and over the course of 9 days respectively in between their shootings. If you had opportunities to eat, sleep, travel, etc.. that clearly fits the definition of a cooling off period.
#8 This really shows how disingenuous all the 2016 articles going around saying that there were 16 mass shootings before and 0 after in Australia because of their gun laws. Which they conveniently redefined a mass shooting as 5 dead to qualify after 1996. But included shootings where 3 people died before 1996. They put the number at 5 to purposely exclude a few high profile shootings where 4 died. And just plain completely ignored a shooting where 5 people died.
Please PM me know if there are any that I've missed, or gotten the numbers of dead\ wounded wrong.
Australia Mass Shootings since 1996 National Firearms Agreement
Chippendale Blackmarket Nightclub Shooting, 1997
3 Dead & 1 wounded by firearm
Mackay Bikie shootout, 1997
6 wounded by firearm
Wollongong Keira Street Slayings, 1999
1 Dead & 9 wounded by firearm
Wright St Bikie Murders, 1999
3 Dead & 2 wounded by firearm
Rod Ansell Rampage, 1999
2 Dead & 3 wounded by firearm
Kangaroo Flat siege, 1999
1 dead & 4 wounded.
Cabramatta Vietnamese Wedding Shooting, 2002
7 wounded by firearm, no deaths
Monash University Shooting, 2002
2 Dead & 5 wounded by firearm
Fairfield Babylon Café Shooting, 2005
1 Dead & 3 wounded by firearm
Oakhampton Heights triple-murder suicide, 2005
4 Dead by firearm
Adelaide Tonic Nightclub Bikie Shooting, 2007
4 Wounded by firearm
Gypsy Jokers Shootout, 2009
4 Wounded by firearm
Roxburgh Park Osborne murders, 2010
4 Dead by firearm
Hectorville Siege, 2011
3 Dead & 3 wounded by firearm
Sydney Smithfield Shooting, 2013
4 Wounded by firearm
Hunt family murders, 2014
5 Dead by firearm
Sydney Siege, 2014
3 Dead & 4 wounded by firearm
Biddeston Murders, 2015
4 Dead by Firearm
Ingleburn Wayne Williams Shootings, 2016
2 dead & 2 wounded by firearm
Brighton Siege, 2017
2 dead & 3 wounded by firearm
Margaret River Murder Suicide, 2018
7 Dead by firearm
mostly its Luty style garage jobs according to police reports.
Arm the people so that criminals stop thinking that it's a good idea to rob them.
Talk nicely to them in inside voices so they aren't incited to violence. Because if you incite their violence it's your fault.
That's fucking lunch time in Chimpcago. Australia isn't diverse enough.
all armed police in the uk are armed with with autos,aussies are now doing the same and only the american policemen are honorable and just carry a pistol.
bear in mind you cannot own a pepper spray,taser or a knife over the length of four inches here and that the gun licenses are only for hunting rifles and shotguns and you must be employed and a whole raft of other things.
go past buckingham palace,an airport,10 downing street,the american embassy and this is the only gun you see police using you never see pistols.
meanwhile you cannot own a can of mace if chad wants to kick your ass and if you fight back against diverse attackers in public you will be the one at fault and be branded a racist.
right on…. shot em….
fake news lol alot of violence over there…. shoot em
They've disarmed the Australian people and are now heavily arming law enforcement agents. Who could have predicted this could happen? Oh right, literally everyone on Zig Forums predicted this.