Israel Plans Moon Landing by Early Next Year

The Google Lunar XPRIZE is history – and good riddance. Israel never needed Google's money anyway.

After months and years of false starts, the international contest to award millions of dollars in prize money to the first private entity to land a spaceship on the Moon finally ended with no winner earlier this year. In January, nonprofit organization XPRIZE confirmed that Google was pulling its support from the project, and will no longer pony up the expected $30 million grand prize – even if one of the five finalists does eventually succeed in getting to the Moon.

No matter. One of the five original contestants, Israeli space start-up SpaceIL, has decided to forge ahead and try to land on the Moon with or without Google's support. With help from fellow Israeli company Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI), which will both assemble and test the spacecraft, SpaceIL announced last week that it's on schedule to launch a small spaceship (roughly 5 feet tall, 6 feet in diameter, and saucer-shaped, as shown above) on a course for the Moon by December 2018.

One quirk: Unlike America's Apollo Moon landings, which were powered by massive Saturn V rockets, this one's going to take a bit longer to arrive at its destination. After launching from Cape Canaveral in December, SpaceIL is targeting a moon landing by Feb. 13, 2019. So from Earth orbit to Moon landing, we're looking at a two-month trip.

more here:
fool.com/amp/investing/2018/07/21/israel-plans-moon-landing-by-early-next-year.aspx

Attached: spaceil-is-lunar-xprize_large.jpg (580x340, 29.19K)

I cant wait to see that Star of David Israel flag in the moon

Mazel tov!

JEWS IN SPACE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gods people finally have a land of their own and in under a decade will go to the moon. Miles ahead of the US.

Can we keep them there?

Attached: who are jews.jpg (599x549, 105.74K)

Did one of our astronauts lose a penny on the moon?

LOL

I LOLED too

topkek

I can't wait to see the Death Star

Not if the Orthodox Jews have anything to say about it

Israeli rabbis*

Goddamnit user you killed my sides.

Probably members of the elite Kabbalah going to see how the construction of their cities are doing on the dark side.

Good luck getting past the Van Allen radiation belt.

Or the Moonman.

Side 3 Belongs to Spacenoids! Zeon v Zion war now!

Attached: 1451645728367.jpg (1022x1028, 719.79K)

I thought this was going to be about an American attempt of a moon landing tbh

Attached: moon_man_feat1[1].jpg (620x412, 187.39K)

Zig Forums is only mad because this is more proof Jews have higher IQ than whites.

Decades AFTER white men landed on the moon is proof that they're smarter?

Where will they film it this time and will it have better special effects?

SIEG ZEON!

Attached: 1466561848434-1.jpg (500x600, 89.72K)

you got it all figured out man

Kikes on the moon?

I will hope and pray with every fiber of my being that they fail. The last thing we need is kikes zooming off left and right into space and jewing the place up with their central banks and their devious ways.

God I hate kikes so much.