Ketamine, A Promising Depression Treatment, Seems To Act Like An Opioid

A new study suggests that ketamine, an increasingly popular treatment for depression, has something in common with drugs like fentanyl and oxycodone.

The small study found evidence that ketamine's effectiveness with depression, demonstrated in many small studies over the past decade, comes from its interaction with the brain's opioid system. A Stanford University team reported their findings Wednesday in The American Journal of Psychiatry.

"We think ketamine is acting as an opioid," says Alan Schatzberg, one of the study's authors and a professor of psychiatry and behavioral sciences at Stanford. "That's why you're getting these rapid effects."

npr.org/sections/health-shots/2018/08/29/642700616/ketamine-a-promising-depression-treatment-seems-to-act-like-an-opioid

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-08-29 at 8.09.44 PM.png (745x439, 276.44K)

Literal dog tranquilizers. The shit vets use to put your pets to sleep for surgery and shit.
It's also addictive as hell and only morons do it recreationally.
Nope.

The FDA hasn't approved ketamine for psychiatric disorders — but that isn't stopping "off-label" treatment clinics from opening up all around the country.

Stevan seems like a real nice guy, I feel for his pain. Hope he finds his way out of depression, he deserves it.

I have had 7 ketamine treatments so far, and I can tell you that it works! I have suffered from depression all of my life, but after my brother's suicide, I was no longer functional. I was afraid to leave my house, and didn't care about doing anything anyway. I would get terrible panic attacks, where I couldn't breathe and couldn't stop crying. I couldn't stand to be around people. All I wanted to do was stop the sadness and pain. I didn't necessarily want to die, but I couldn't bear the pain of living that way anymore. I decided that if dying was the only way to stop the pain, I was ready. I tried anti-depressants, psychiatrists, yoga, meditation, all kinds of diet and exercise regimens, self help groups…you name it, I tried it. This went on for 4 years, but nothing relieved the hell in my heart and head. Finally, I heard about ketamine. I was a little scared, but it was the first time I felt hope in years. So I went to the Ketamine Clinic, and it worked! I mean, really worked! Like, the same day. I went in wanting to die, and I left feeling like a normal person again. Nothing else worked, but the ketamine started working immediately! The only 2 drawbacks are that insurance doesn't cover it (because they still consider it "experimental treatment") so it is a bit expensive (mine was $750 per treatment) and, unfortunately, the fix doesn't last. I'd say it lasts about a month or maybe two before I feel it wearing off. But even after it wore off, I was still much better than before. I go back in every few months. It seems really expensive, but I know without it I would not be alive. I just couldn't take anymore. I only wish my brother could have had ketamine. I think he would still be alive today. If you are suicidal, don't wait. It really does work!

you sound like a little pussy, you should have killed yourself imo

Its literally on the WHO list of essential medicine…..
And just because something is used on pets doesn't mean there is any reason not to on humans if its effective, which it very much is.

like everything else these guys do its almost certainly about making money more than helping anyone

there you go goy, we can cure your depression but someone has to inject it and you have to be monitored while you're under it's effects KCHING KCHING Doctor Bergenstkatzenstein rakes it in

Western medicine -> unless it's a cosmetic procedure or an acute situation you're either getting ripped off or mistreated or both

Thanks, I'll look into it.

Cecil swears by it. That's good enough for me.

So you overcame a depression by becoming a drug addict, who has to come up with exorbitant amounts of money to keep on living? That has to be one of the most depressing things I read today.

As for ketamine…drugging yourself into forgetting about depression isn't a treatment, it's just an added symptom.

You white faggots and your "muh depresshun"
In mah shithole corner of the world I do about 4 hours of manual labor in the sun erryday and never heard of depression. If you let life events get yo u down over heard you're dead.

Yes goyim take more drugs to fix those brain problems
The drugs will make you happy! you only need to keep buying them!

Are you Mexican, Jewish, or just subhuman?

Holy shit kikes are stupid. It's not acting as an opiod. It may act like an opiod but it does not act AS an opiod. They just have no fucking clue how it works, why it works, or what causes it to work.

fuck ketamine. they need to start making mxe in the us, or convince the chinks to do it again.

LMAO. Try working up to 12 hours, six days a week, you little bitch. 4 hours, that is so laughable, why would you even boast about that.

Attached: e84b81e103fa01270dafb1f25e62ca620e314acd325db5e667d3d2fd15fd5200.jpg (700x700, 65K)

isnt that the point? that he doesnt do much manual labor and never heard of depression? implying others do much less?
tbh, taking 400-800iu of vitamin D every day will stave off most if not all depression symptoms, especially chronic fatigue.

I work another 5-6 hours in doors but I didn't mention those. Sunlight contact with skin makes vitamin D. Vitamin D helps with depression among other things.

To be fair, one treatment per month is not something you can categorize as an addiction. It would be different if he was doing it daily.

Oh my bad, I misinterpreted your post