Intel is reportedly killing off its 10nm process entirely

Intel has reportedly decided to cut its losses and kill off its 10nm process entirely.

Intel has had well-publicized struggles with the 10nm process. Its first 10nm silicon was originally slated for release in 2016, but technical challenges encountered in shrinking transistors to ever smaller scales led to the launch being delayed 2016 and, subsequently, 2017.

Earlier this year, ex-Intel CEO Brian Krzanich was forced to admit that, due to "yield issues", the firm wouldn't be ramping up volume production of 10nm chips until 2019 at the earliest.

Now, SemiAccurate reports that the chipmaker has "pulled the plug on its struggling 10nm process" entirely.

more here:
theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3064922/intel-is-reportedly-killing-off-its-10nm-process-entirely

Attached: intel.jpg (770x535, 95K)

Attached: 1522063714218.png (868x756, 265.4K)

Feels good to be a white male

regardless of their 10nm development they have to move on to a new material really soon.
the physical limit for silicon transistors is 5nm. any smaller and electrons jump even when the gate is closed.

Seems like Intel hit an innovation wall. Just like game development in the past decade. Serves you right for backdooring your hardware to zionists and hiring based on color rather than compentence. Keep convincing yourselves that diversity is strength.

I'm not certain that "zionism" is a real factor, but we can observe how "diversity" is not necessarily a strength. Sometimes, it simply creates more division, more animosity.

We can observe societies that have less "diversity", such as Japan, Korea, Iceland.

We can observe the chaos in certain races of the world (even when they're left to themselves, and peace and happiness in others.

All these things are observable, and we can make predictions based upon our observations.

and you guys call yourselves 'geniuses'

fucking this, kek

DELID THIS

Attached: 1539106434232434554300533.png (910x547, 211.11K)

There really needs to be a new development in the CPU space.
I'm on a 5 year old i5 and probably won't need to upgrade for another 5 years. Sure it's easier on my wallet, but I miss the days when buying an upgrade actually meant something.

MOAR CORES!

This is bad, GlobalFoundaries is owned by the Saudis and TMSC is owned by Taiwan. Intel may be kikes, but they were the only ones that could say they are a truly American semiconductor fab. They either need to get their shit together or someone needs to step up and get GF back from the Saudis or start their own American chip fab again

I'm literally of the opposite mindset. I find myself falling back to older, MUCH older hardware, for fun. Thinking of all the things they did with the old Amiga architecture and the comparative universal gulf between that and todays tech and we still have so much absolute crap in terms of software and innovation. We don't need shiner stuff, we need people who actually know how to do more with less.

eh Taiwan is way preferable over China, and Israelimerica

There are teams of intelligence agents whose entire job is intercepting electronics ordered online that don't have inbuilt bugs, then planting a bug on them, then shipping it to your address. You can remove the bug but it's already too late since it's been backdoored on top of that. It's really god damned annoying having to go to the physical location some of that stuff is built just so I don't have to check to see if there are mysterious pieces attached that's not supposed to be there.

Attached: 22925b3c3f3e68f7000c16b7b45ce6b2466fccb3ba49ce01141e34bfb71bddf6.png (531x529, 27.78K)

blame intel for their illegal practices in harming amd which stifled competition. AMD is better because it allows you to upgrade easier anyway.

I haven't bothered with intel garbage since Pentium 4s were common.
Fucking firehazards.

What we really need is a brave company to take RISC-V to it's logical conclusion as the next mainstream architecture. Bonus points if open source in both software and hardware.

This. The hardware upgrade slope is so steep that software just can't keep up. Equipment becomes obsolete just as the developers start learning how to get the most out of it. Just imagine what could be done if the hardware would just sit still for a while.

If Intel and AMD hit a roadblock, that can only be good for software developers.