FACEBOOK TRACKS ANDROID USERS EVEN IF THEY DON'T HAVE A FACEBOOK ACCOUNT, STUDY REVEALS

Facebook's data collecting practices have once again been called into question, after a new report revealed that it "routinely tracked" people who do not use the app.

Privacy International analysed 34 apps on the Android mobile operating system with user bases of between 10 and 500 million.

The charity began the study after the scandal surrounding the now defunct London based political consultancy Cambridge Analytica, which was accused of improperly obtaining personal information on behalf of political clients and using it to influence the outcome of the US 2016 presidential election or the UK Brexit referendum.

independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/facebook-android-privacy-data-tracking-skyscanner-duolingo-a8708071.html

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-01-03 at 7.10.29 PM.png (744x423, 120.45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lineageos.org
puri.sm/products/librem-5/
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Big Zuck is watching

not news, if you already weren't suspicious then you're dumb as the people who do have a Facebook account

wow, real news!

It's common knowledge they have web beacons all over the fucking place. So you better use a whitelist or something, even when browsing on desktop.

Attached: lynx.png (640x437, 159.89K)

uhh… i had to get a special app just to remove facebook services from my android even though i never had facebook's app downloaded on it or anything remotely asscociated with facebook and the phone didn't even come with any of the facebook "services" on it when i got it, and it was a new phone. it "snuck" on there.

whichever one fits the narrative
the fake news narrative.

You probably installed an app that had a Facebook service installed as an optional part of its account registration. And that service got updated and infected the entire system. Something like that.

The only way to avoid this is to write your own apps or be extremely selective of which apps you install.

This looks sweet, what font is it?

I'm glad I'm not apart of this collective stupidity!

Attached: Samsung Spyphones Won't Allow Users To Delete Facebook Apps.png (1000x667, 468.21K)

If phonefagging, try LineageOS. Fuck Joogledroid.
lineageos.org

Dunno, image is from lynx.browser.org

If you want to actually own your smartphone buy a Librem, they should be shipping by the summer. Beware you won't be able to get WhatsApp on this most likely. But at least it won't be spying on you. Costs $599 though.
puri.sm/products/librem-5/

Attached: LIBREM.png (261x460, 93.73K)

Many spyware apps use google services framework, google play services, etc. Shit apps expect it to exist. So, simply removing them or never having them installed will allow you to bypass a lot of the spying from google & friends. For everything else just use a comprehensive hosts file.

You're already on that level of stupid if you're even using a smart device for any reason in the first place

Stop using Android.

That would be an option, but flip phones are much cheaper and all I need is a phone to make calls.

Facebook comes automatically installed on my S8, i had to literally go in and delete the files and every month it force installs it, at this rate im never going to get a smartphone again.
andriod is about %20 better than iphone, that %20 being the ability to pirate any game you want and make trainers for any game you want.

Boycott's work!

Attached: 31eebde0e10abb114ba0e1914fa41141.jpg (403x403, 27.17K)

AND…MY WIFE IS ASIAN

Facebook still sucks and its only for losers.

And use…

Banned from /pol now back to a Nazi only site
WHITE NATIONALISM.. IS A JEWISH PSY OP TO DERAIL ANY ATTEMPT AT WHITES BECOMING TRIBAL AGAIN

So at what point do they go to prison?

ASSHOLE! OLD NEWS NIGGER!

As if Google has not been spying on them for years already

Attached: 9BCED491-BFD2-41E0-AB6A-F0A8EC999726.jpeg (744x898, 471.77K)

One of the FEW actual news left on Zig Forums, no wonder very few go here anymore.