Meet The World's First Black Woman Cruise Ship Captain

Back in the not-so-good-old days of cruising, women were considered to be bad luck on ships, a distraction to the crew and an anger to the seas. Until the 1970s, many professional maritime academies didn't admit women, and there were no female cruise ship captains until 2007. Things are definitely getting better for women in the cruise industry: They now make up 18 to 20% of the workforce. But there's still a long way to go. Of the more than 300 passenger cruise ships worldwide, fewer than a dozen have female captains at the helm and it's still a rarity to find women in the upper echelons of the cruise industry, since women only account for 5.4% of officers.

forbes.com/sites/laurabegleybloom/2019/02/25/meet-the-worlds-first-black-woman-cruise-ship-captain/?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 2.14.44 PM.png (598x513, 521.7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2019/02/12/first-female-viper-demo-team-pilot-relieved-after-two-weeks/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fat bitch

Most sea captains are fat as fuck. They sit in a chair all day and drink a lot of piss beer.

Heh, how long untill she's demoted?

airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2019/02/12/first-female-viper-demo-team-pilot-relieved-after-two-weeks/

Schettino is happy, I am sure.

Hey Timothy, stop deleting posts about you faggot or we'll shit the whole board up with them

…..and a shipwreck with the world record amount of casualties in 3..2..1

Gentlemen, place your bets and start the clock. Will she:

Will she go down with the ship or is that white man's privilege?

shiiiiiiiet imagine the chaos on one of those cruises

I'd like to suck on her big jungle titties at the captains table

Attached: images(36).jpg (640x480, 29.23K)

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Somewhere an iceberg goes "fuck, not again"

she looks samoan or some kind of polynesian so she'll probably do great. Better than that 'talian captain

yup
(reading the article is pretty cool)
I originally came from a small island called St. Helena, which is in the South Atlantic Ocean between South America and South Africa, smack bang in the middle of the Atlantic, miles from anywhere. Growing up on a small island, from the age that I could walk I was in the water. I loved the ocean. It used to be that the only way off the island was by ship. So when I was 17, I took a job on the RMS St. Helena, the ship that supported the island. That’s when my adventures started.

Unfortunately, I had a rough start. When I was training as a cadet, I sailed with chief officers who made me work harder than the other guys. During your cadetship you're starting out as a sailor, so you do every job that they do. I had a chief officer, unfortunately, who made me work later than the sailors, so they would knock off for the day, and I would be left outside continuing to work until it got dark. It really was a make-or-break-you time, and me being me, I refused to be broken.

The yachting industry wasn’t quite ready for me at that time. I remember being sat down by an agent in Antibes and being told that finding a job in the yachting industry would be very hard because of three things: 1) I had a higher education than most captains at the time; 2) I was a woman; 3) I was black. So I had to reevaluate my options, and Windstar, here I came. I got a job with Windstar Cruises in 2005.

I like to think that I’m a role model for other women. When I first came to sea, there were only five of us in a class of seventy-something. Over 20 years later, out of the five of us, I’m the only one still at sea.

TWENTY FUCKING YEARS

Attached: manacote in a tissue.jpg (474x296, 17.48K)

Work hard, be strong and don't let anything deter you. I've done it. You can do it, too.

She's mixed, not black. Dems still playing the division game I see. What else is new?

lel

We call them jews here

I hope this cruise liner suffers the same fate as those buses in Europe I forget where.

She would rather go down with the ship, than raise the white flag and surrender.

Like most self-proclaimed 'black' people, she is actually brown and her performance will reflect the color of her skin.

Poor?

One drop rule

Okay?

Modern ships basically drive themselves, and these cruise ships putter along at snail speed at that. As long as you don't go about showboating (lol) like the Costa Concordia retard, nothing bad can possibly happen. It's not like an airplane where if the plane stops working right everyone dies; if a boat stops working right you just sit there in the calm water and wait for rescue.

A six-year-old could do this job.

It's worse than just censorship; some retard permabanned a tor node for someone suggesting it's OP's mom.
I mean, wtf?

Tomothy permabanned you for the mum comment ?
What a fucking faggot
And he thinks that shit means something ?

HEY TIMOTHY
YOU'RE A FAG BOY
AND YOUR MUM SUCKS COCKS FOR 3$ A GO AT THE GAS'N'GULP

DELETE THIS AND YOU'RE FUCKED BOY

This is now a Timothys mom sucks cocks thread

Attached: 347007_06[1].jpg (300x431, 31.89K)