Company offers to build 234 miles of border wall for $1.4 billion

A U.S. company is offering to build 234 miles of President Trump's border wall for just $1.4 billion, a fraction of the $8 billion the Trump administration is hoping to use for that project.

Fisher Sand and Gravel Company's President and CEO Tommy Fisher said the government is overpaying and that for $4.31 billion, he can build the wall and incorporate paved roads and border technology plus warranty.

washingtonexaminer.com/news/company-offers-to-build-234-miles-of-border-wall-for-1-4-billion

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 9.10.18 AM.png (777x500, 561K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Wall_of_China#Condition
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

they're gonna keep costs down by having the illegals build the wall from the american side lmao

Even at "only" 1.4 billion that still seems very expensive. That's still $1133 per foot of wall. But it's a hell of a lot better than 8 billion.

1.5k isnt bad per foot of something that big. Cost me like 14k to have my bathroom renovated

Would be nice to see an actual wall get built.

What if it's a trap?

"GEE, WHERE COULD ALL THAT EXTRA MONEY HAVE GONE?" asks the billionaire congressman with seven offshore bank accounts.

That's because it had to look nice and have working plumbing. If you ripped out your bathroom and just installed another wall, you probably could have done it for $500.

and he wouldn't have a bathroom. your autism is showing user

Im sure you are right that a lot of it got embezzled.
But there are other aspects to this:

If my company was quoting a job for the government, we work out the quote as if it was a private client, and then we double the price.
The people the government puts in charge of these things are naive kids who dont actually know how much things cost. If you offer them a price that is too cheap they will reject it. Basically when it comes to government work everyone doubles the price because everyone doubles the price.
Things could be quite different if you have a proper businessman in charge though.

i think the extra charge is like a reverse bulk refund. if you want to only build one foot of wall, you wouldn't even need any heavy equipment.

I'm going to try to do most of the work myself but finding a good plumber is hard enough without looking for the unicorn of a good cheap plumber.

This should have been a requirement. let the man do it.

I'm not sure why we are talking about building this thing from concrete and steel. Let's look at longevity. Stone is only way to go. Granite megalith blocks can be had cheaply enough.

A little over $2.8 billion in materials if the stone is arund $500 per cubic meter. That's for a wall 3 meters thick and 5 meters high for the span of 376.586 kilometers.

Look at the price of granite right now. $500 to $1000 per cubic meter.

Let's look at the fact here. The great wall of China was finished in the 1300s and not a single illegal Mexican in China.

Stone walls work and they last.

Attached: wallofchina.jpg (400x260, 26.42K)

Not including labor. Forgot to add that in. Need equipment operators and stone cutters.

I can do it for 200k
believe me

Attached: serveimage.jpg (727x645, 141.1K)

Attached: trump wall.png (554x689, 500.29K)

Economies of scale, though. If you already have the heavy equipment, building 100 feet of wall or 1000 makes little difference except for the cost of the materials.

Any idiot can climb a wall with a rope or a ladder. For the millionth fucking time, the Great Wall was made to stop horses, not people.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (960x640, 107.57K)

You know that the Chinks rebuilt most of the visible parts of the wall? Not only that but not all of the wall was stone, vast swathes of it was mud, clay, and other parts crap. The part of the wall that hasn't been touched up/ renovated/ rebuilt for tourists is basically gone.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Wall_of_China#Condition

blood sweat and shit