Publishers Plead With Trump Not to Impose a China ‘Bible Tax’

Book publishers are imploring President Donald Trump not to impose “a Bible tax.’’

Proposed tariffs on $300 billion in Chinese goods would include printed materials, which would especially affect Bibles and children’s books predominantly produced in China because of the unique paper, printing technology and skills needed, company and trade group officials testified during the second day of a seven-day hearing on the proposed duties Tuesday.

“We believe the administration was unaware of the potential negative impact these proposed tariffs would have on Bibles and that it never intended to impose ‘a Bible tax’ on consumers and religious organizations,” Mark Schoenwald, chief executive officer of HarperCollins Christian Publishing, told a panel of officials at the U.S. International Trade Commission.

more here:
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-06-18/publishers-plead-with-trump-not-to-impose-a-china-bible-tax

Attached: tax-collector.jpg (800x600, 59.19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

invidio.us/watch?v=G2qIXXafxCQ
invidio.us/watch?v=MKlHF7hjMrk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hey everyone, let's outsource all our manufacturing to another country. What could possibly go wrong?

Stupid Politicians will sell their own Mothers Soul to get what they want.

Attached: Evil-Barack-Obama-Elf--93166.jpg (800x1088, 279.86K)

I highly doubt the third most intelligent race of people on the planet are still using the Guttenberg Press, or some 1950's level printing tech. Bullshit news.

t. has never touched a bible in his life abd as such doesn't know BIBLEFEEL

Problem is as long as regulatory capture remains entrenched, no good politician can do anything of his own good conscience to help the plebs.

WE MUST HAVE A SOLUTION

A bible tax is a great idea. Why should the Christian Chinese be left out of this trade war? No reason and the American Christians can buy a book printed in America. If it costs more, then suffer a little for Jesus, and skip a few hot pockets and starbucks coffees.
Or just find another book. Or get Kindle. So many reasons not to exempt the bible.

To impose a tax on pagan beliefs but not bibles would be religious discrimination.

why are you anti-communist? do you think it's trendy and safe to attack?

Or they can…ya know…download it as a free PDF file somewhere over there in chink internet land I'm sure if the big book o' Jew bullshit is all that important to them.

Well color me surprised

Why arent you anti-communist ? Do you think its trendy and safe to defend ?

bibles should be made in america

Is there gonna be a shortage of bibles or something? Because last I checked they're literally given away for free and just about every household has at least one copy.

Bibles should be burned in America.

Bible's online, and one of the commandments is to not worship false idols. You worship God, not the Bible, the Bible was made by man and is only a book of accounts, reading it does not require special paper.

How often do people even buy bibles?

Beats me. There's a million in any given used book store.

Trump's just doing the will of his masters

Fucking. This. The text of the Bible, in multiple translations, has never at any point in history been more freely and universally accessible than it is now.

Except that just about all those translations are bullshit made to try and trick people into thinking God is some liar. Except that God is not a liar.

That aside what makes the paper any different then literally any other paper? All I can tell is that it is thinner paper then most normal papers. Printing it is no big deal and the skill required is minimal. As the skill is just dilligence to not fuck up spelling. But idefk what is being done to the paper if anything special besides its extremely thin.

faggot gtfo

Publishers need to start publishing in the US of Fucking A.

everyone just uses Bible apps and e-readers nowadays anyway

I'm more surprised that one of the most anti-religious countries in the world actually prints bibles.

20 dollars says religious books fall under "fantasy fiction" in their libraries.

600 years ago the Germans invented the Printing press to print their bibles. But now we cant print them outside of China apparently?
My noggin is certainly joggin.

THE SATANIC GLOBALISTS HAVE BEEN DISARMED OF ALL DOOMSDAY WEAPONS. THEY CAN NOT KILL US ANYMORE SO THEY ARE TRYING TO START WORLD WAR 3 SO THAT WE WILL KILL EACH OTHER FOR THEM. DO NOT FALL FOR THIS.
DAMN ALL THE DISINFORMERS, LIARS, MANIPULATORS, SHILLS, AND DEMONS TO HELL.
GOD BLESS TRUMP AND GOD BLESS AMERICA
invidio.us/watch?v=G2qIXXafxCQ
invidio.us/watch?v=MKlHF7hjMrk

There's a ton of free bible apps for mobile, many with great features like annotations, multiple translations and search functions. This entire story sounds fucking made up and retarded like most of the shit I see about the "trade war".

Attached: 0ff84598808f5a28f41dc7cb5a2bd3ae7377a0eed29760bed921d00db6b6fe2b.jpg (700x459, 43.49K)

I can't believe I share oxygen with people this retarded.

The breaths you take have been shared with plenty of people. Oxygen just keeps getting used over and over again. Augustus Caesar exhaled atoms, that you have inhaled.